Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Awww, Morrison's not going for PM? I was looking forward to a 1000 Year Australian Reich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Wow, Gary McCoy sure has come a long way from all those Ferguson cartoons he drew featuring giant lips and sagging pants! He must really care about black people to make a cartoon like this!! Gary McCoy for thread hero! Yippee! hooray!

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Meanwhile, in Syria

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Awww, Morrison's not going for PM? I was looking forward to a 1000 Year Australian Reich.

He knows he doesn't have the support, either in public or in the party room.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

beepsandboops posted:

Meanwhile, in Syria

Whoa, that's good def. First time I've actually seen the bombs as they drop.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

NO, MACKAY, BOTH SIDES ARE NOT EQUIVALENT AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN THE MIDDLE, YOU DUMB DENSE MOTHERFUCKER

A good interpretation of "See no evil, hear no evil, say no evil", messed up by having the "say no evil" character be the one speaking.

Broken Cog posted:

It seems to me the big scary BIG PHARMA dude is clearly in the right here. He wants to vaccinate the dying kid(bit late probably, but eh), so I'm not seeing what he's doing wrong? Is it because he's a big meanie?

He wants to make a profit from it. And you know how much Americans loathe capitalism.

A genuinely good cartoon with "caglecartoons.com" in its signature? :vince:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

:gay:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Political Whores posted:

I've got a question Muir. The Umayyad Caliphate is the only Islamic Empire before the Ottomans to conquer territory in Europe, in Iberia. They pretty much stop expanding by around 750. The first crusade is in 1096, and focuses exclusively on retaking the holy land, and pillaging and killing as much as possible, including indiscriminately slaughtering the population of Jerusalem and burning down the synagogue of the Jewish community with them still inside. Please explain to me why, if the crusades were a reaction to Muslim conquest in Europe, they didn't focus on Iberia at all?
Well it was a reaction to Muslim conquest in what was, at the time, considered Europe. It's just that the part of "Europe" that the First Crusade was a reaction to was Anatolia (an integral part of Byzantine Greece) being taken over by the Seljuks, not anything the Umayyads did.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Well it was a reaction to Muslim conquest in what was, at the time, considered Europe. It's just that the part of "Europe" that the First Crusade was a reaction to was Anatolia (an integral part of Byzantine Greece) being taken over by the Seljuks, not anything the Umayyads did.

But does Muir consider what is now central and eastern Turkey to be "European?" and if so, why bring up the Battle of Tours? More likely Muir is just happening to be a stopped clock and put together a Muir word salad in a way that actually sounded like a coherent statement without actually *saying* anything coherent.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks for repeatedly posting that gif of people being killed. That's what I come to this thread for.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Morrison, noted remorseless monster and Minister for the Department of Social Services and the National Disability Insurance Scheme :shepicide:

edit: naw that's too depressing on its own. Here have this comic about Morrion's previous portfolio:

Mx. fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 6, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dimebags Brain posted:

Thanks for repeatedly posting that gif of people being killed. That's what I come to this thread for.
I mean on one hand yeah but on the other hand they're ISIS

Like... I know the "dehumanizing your enemy" poo poo has been done before but gently caress you watch the news right

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

JT Jag posted:

I mean on one hand yeah but on the other hand they're ISIS

Like... I know the "dehumanizing your enemy" poo poo has been done before but gently caress you watch the news right

Unless you're the kind of person that enjoys watching people you hate get killed that doesn't really help the fact that it's a gif in which people are dying. Also I'm pretty certain everybody in this thread gets the point, seeing as how it's been posted like 5 times now.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The division between Europe and Asia (or, in this case, Asia Minor) dates back to Classical Greece, and has nothing to do with who is or isn't Christian.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Garrand posted:

Unless you're the kind of person that enjoys watching people you hate get killed that doesn't really help the fact that it's a gif in which people are dying. Also I'm pretty certain everybody in this thread gets the point, seeing as how it's been posted like 5 times now.

Agreed. Call me a big gay baby if you want, but I don't like seeing anyone get killed no matter how mustache-twirlingly villainous they may be. I didn't object earlier because I don't believe in hiding from the world, either, but at this point we've all seen it. Reposting it in glorious HD so we can all experience it again is kinda creepy.

Duckbox fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 6, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Actually, it's high-def enough that if you look closely, you can see the guy in front loses an arm to shrapnel before the overpressure implodes his lungs and cracks his brain. Then he falls over, of course.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

He's just mad they haven't gone all the way yet I guess

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Can someone explain this to me? I get it's saying "Obama Bad" but I have no idea what exactly it's accusing Obama of doing.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Xanderkish posted:

Can someone explain this to me? I get it's saying "Obama Bad" but I have no idea what exactly it's accusing Obama of doing.

He accidentally helped ISIL in a very material way. Somehow. That's seriously it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cat Mattress posted:

A genuinely good cartoon with "caglecartoons.com" in its signature? :vince:

Its local hero Pat Bagley.
Of course its a good cartoon.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

It's a Hope n'Change triple feature. :toot:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Nenonen posted:

Here, have some beautiful handpainted art presented by Red Army to their Finnish friends (timg'd for dog balls):

These should need no explanation...

"You are rotting in trenches, meanwhile Krauts are chasing your wives at home." The most common theme in Soviet propaganda, and not entirely untrue, either. I do like though how the artist has presented the German soldier as some dark Guido-like character. Also, no one in Soviet Union knew how to draw a German swastika apparently.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Those loving stupid lefties! Just look how stupid they are!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Sick burn on Jose Feliciano out of nowhere!!!

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Those loving stupid lefties! Just look how stupid they are!

You do realise that these are the political equivalent of a young child going 'neener neener', right? If you get even slightly mad, he wins.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Xanderkish posted:

He should be nuking the entire middle east, but instead he's getting cute with precision bombing.

Or something. Go Broncos

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

WarpedNaba posted:

Actually, it's high-def enough that if you look closely, you can see the guy in front loses an arm to shrapnel before the overpressure implodes his lungs and cracks his brain. Then he falls over, of course.

That's his gun, not his arm. But yeah, he ded.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Realtalk, it is actually really really stupid that we invented a permanent material that lasts forever and never breaks down and then decided to make it into single-use bags that the majority of Western citizens get big old double-armfuls of once a week and then immediately throw away after carrying them for ten minutes

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

First off, I like how the McCoys juggle coming this close to making a comic that's nothing but the n-word over and over and over again with "oh no, poor aborted black babies."

Holy frijole, I laughed at a Bok.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

...is it completely lost on these guys that women choose to abort of their own free will? Like, you understand that Planned Parenthood doesn't wander the neighborhood kidnapping expectant mothers off the streets, right?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

loquacius posted:

Realtalk, it is actually really really stupid that we invented a permanent material that lasts forever and never breaks down and then decided to make it into single-use bags that the majority of Western citizens get big old double-armfuls of once a week and then immediately throw away after carrying them for ten minutes

Hey now, mine live on to pull duty as cat poo poo receptacles before I... throw them away.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Rangpur posted:

...is it completely lost on these guys that women choose to abort of their own free will? Like, you understand that Planned Parenthood doesn't wander the neighborhood kidnapping expectant mothers off the streets, right?

You think what women think matters to them?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
A quick reminder that the horse-like creature in McCoy's cartoon is supposed to be this woman:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Wasn't there a bunch of outrage the last time a cartoonist did something like this? I mean, the points were even pettier, but...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
If NBC represents truth, what is the giant fart cloud supposed to represent?

THIS
IS

A
BAD
DRAWING

Seriously, Ted, you have heard the term propaganda, right? Nobody in the media is trying to drum up support for the US being more aggressive against itself.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Oh poo poo, Gary has discovered the Liberal plot to destroy the black community!

:siren:EVERYONE, ABORT MISSION:siren:

I'll get you next time, McCoy! *twirls mustache, escapes using personal jetpack*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm glad that he put the "little girl" label there because you can't tell that it ever could've been a little girl because Todd Rool is a damned terrible artist. You sully the name of anyone who suffers when you poo poo on the page in their honor, you hack.

• Locked thread