Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I take back all of my skepticism about tingle, little bro is hot to trot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Bicyclops posted:

Did the update make officers weaker or does Young Link just cut through everyone's defenses like butter? He killed a Poe in seconds without having to even worry about the weakpoint gauge and then did the same with Lizalfos and Darknuts. :stare:

Possibly both.

This is the boy, the myth, the legend, after all.

It was a good way to get the Biggoron Sword moveset in there, also.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Just finished playing the new and patched characters for six hours, as well as finishing up the last few outfits on MQ then starting on the TP map. Like others have done, I unlocked a few of Y. Link's badges, then gained thirty levels getting 3000 kills on the MQ KO mission. He is goddamn bonkers. Tingle is fun too, but he seems a lot less intuitive than Y. Link. His C5 is nice, but his others are weird or less effective than I'd like. I don't get his balloon charge C1 either. He feels like a clunky cousin of Agitha and Baton Zelda.

The TP stuff is fun so far. Dropping the Material Master potion on these later maps is great, we got huge piles of silver/gold mats easily, and it isn't nearly as expensive as I figured it would be.

Oh, and New Zant is AMAZING. I'm still stomping and spinning like usual, but he feels so much better with the quality of life changes. I didn't play Ganondorf but my only issues with him (gauge charge time, C6 vulnerability) were fixed, so I may actually use him now. It just sucks that I like all the Dark weapons because I can't play them all as much as I'd like. :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I appreciate that while Young Link is good Twili Midna is still the best character.

Speaking of which anyone else notice that Y.Link slaps on Pegasus Boots for that triforce slash?

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.
I just needed to tell the internet. I got all the weapons from the first map. I am extremely proud of this. Last five, in order of acquiring: Fi's Sword, Ruto's Scale, Zelda's Baton, Link's Fairy, Lana's Gate. So happy. Now, of course, those 25k skills will all be worth it!

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

For a moment I was terrified, then I remembered that's a collect rupees mission and that no, you did not get fifteen thousand kills.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shadowlyger posted:

For a moment I was terrified, then I remembered that's a collect rupees mission and that no, you did not get fifteen thousand kills.

It's similar though!

Always amused seeing people go "wow I got 2500 kills in that MQ map with Y.Link he's busted" yet here's Midna with 3200+. She actually starts running out of enemies on that map :allears:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Holy poo poo Grandpa is strong now. Also Zant does decent damage and his C2 actually burns weak points making him downright usable. Best update for this game so far.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I got 20K vs 85 as Zant on that map. With a rupees potion.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
I'm pretty sure I got like 38k with Zant. I think the Wizzros got a couple thousand. Don't think I had a rupees potion.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's similar though!

Always amused seeing people go "wow I got 2500 kills in that MQ map with Y.Link he's busted" yet here's Midna with 3200+. She actually starts running out of enemies on that map :allears:

For as much of a shitwrecker as Fierce Deity Link is, he's actually not all that fast at it. My record with him on that map is in the 3000-3100 KOs range, whereas my best with Twili Midna, Cia, or Master Sword Link are all more in the range of 3600. I've seen people claim as high as 4500 KOs on that map with Twili Midna, and I could believe that being possible.

I've played some of the Termina Map now, and I'm really not all that pleased by how much it's railroading me on a certain path. I guess it might sort of emulate the natural path taken in Majora's Mask this way? It's annoying, though. Also, I'm doing my usual thing of keeping track of quick map types with high profile enemies on them, so whenever I finish this beast of a map I'll post that here like before. Enemies on the Termina Map only seem to drop double loot every so often, though, so the Twilight Map might still be the go to for materials for most characters.

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013

Jibo posted:

Holy poo poo Grandpa is strong now. Also Zant does decent damage and his C2 actually burns weak points making him downright usable. Best update for this game so far.

Now go get the Majora's Mask costume for him, then he'll be great! He's been such a joy to play since I unlocked that. :3:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Jibo posted:

Grandpa?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The levels on the Termina Map are pretty cool. It's a good thing, too, because there are so many chokepoints and hidden enemy squares that you're gonna have no choice but to play several of them multiple times. I'm currently walled off from every Zora mask either by Zora mask whirlpools or by Goron spots, and the two close Goron spots require Goron masks to get to them. I'm really not a fan of that design choice but I guess it's whatever.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god, I have so much catching up to do. I still haven't done Cia's campaign or finished the vanilla Adventure Map. I can't believe Tingle got a slot while Groose and Tetra are out in the cold. Gettin' that blowjob to the level cap's gonna be an event. He seems alright on groups but anything with a name is gonna take awhile.

Are there any good Let's Play type videos for HW that actually keeps up to date with new content? I like seeing how other players tackle things.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Edit: turned the entire system off and back on and started from the Wii U menu and it worked. Sure would be cool if I didn't have to do complex eldritch ceremonies in order to access stuff

Yeah it was annoying for me too. I turned on the system, and went to the main menu and started the game from there, where I got a "Software update complete" message. It gave me the update, but I didn't have the DLC. I closed the game, went into the Download menu, and it didn't show any downloads for Hyrule Warriors. Went back into the game, still didn't have the DLC.

I ended up having to go to the eShop and looking at the DLC for Hyrule Warriors. As soon as I chose "View Downloadable Content" the system then said "Preparing software download," after which I was able to exit the eShop and start up the game and have the DLC activate.

Nintendo is doing great with DLC, I just wish they'd figure out how to make it actually work better.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Bloodly posted:

Grandpa?

Grandpa Ganondorf. It's more a fitting nickname in Smash than here, though, because in Smash he's just a buff grandpa and in Hyrule Warriors he's basically Akuma.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

These loading times are ridiculous. Seriously detracts from my enjoyment of the game.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I got the DLC and loaded everything up. Spent a good 45 minutes selling old weapons and buying new badges.

I then proceeded to gently caress around as Agitha for 3 hours for no god damned reason.

What's wrong with me?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

larchesdanrew posted:

I got the DLC and loaded everything up. Spent a good 45 minutes selling old weapons and buying new badges.

I then proceeded to gently caress around as Agitha for 3 hours for no god damned reason.

What's wrong with me?
The import question is: did you enjoy loving around as Agitha for 3 hours for no god damned reason?

If yes, good for you, you enjoy life more than most.

If no, you need to sit down and examine where you are in life and where you want to go.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Inverness posted:

The import question is: did you enjoy loving around as Agitha for 3 hours for no god damned reason?

If yes, good for you, you enjoy life more than most.

If no, you need to sit down and examine where you are in life and where you want to go.

I've done dick-all with her and I have yet to progress in MQ past the level that requires that you use her on the way to Volgra's T3 weapon.

Honestly? I've been putting off even trying to play as her after listening to everyone bitch about how horrible she is, but I managed to get into a serious groove with her and she was actually a lot of fun. She may be small and animu as all hell, but she's a slow moving force of nature, all tornadoes and beetles and butterflies just laying waste to piles of enemies. I don't get people bitching about her butterfly not hitting enemies on the ground, when the ability is clearly an extension of all of her other combos that launch piles of enemies into the air.

She may be completely horrible for people used to fighting captains with finesse and precision, but she's a straight atomic bomb, chewing through piles of mooks and keeps.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The million and a half rupees I got from selling my poo poo was great. Used it to power level Agitha and Zant for their level 3 weapon challenges. Got Agitha's easy after that, but failed Zant's by a single pixel when Ganondorf died right before I could kill Girahim. Oh well, shouldn't be too bad to redo.

On the regular adventure map, all I have left to do weapon wise is Zant, Lana's Gate, and Link's Fairy. gently caress getting all heart pieces. They're worthless anyway.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Just got this, really great fun so far but everytime I see the web icon on the maps and go to get the Skulltula, I never see it. I go right into the area it's supposed to be and NEVER see the goddamn things so far. Where the hell are they hiding?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

Just got this, really great fun so far but everytime I see the web icon on the maps and go to get the Skulltula, I never see it. I go right into the area it's supposed to be and NEVER see the goddamn things so far. Where the hell are they hiding?

It depends. Your ears are your biggest clue. When you get close, the music mutes and the Skulltula skittering noise becomes very loud. They're usually on the ground or on a wall, but sometimes they are hidden under a rock you need to bomb or hiding on top of a platform you need the hookshot to climb.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they won't always be in the exact center of the web on the map. More often than not, you'll find them hiding on the very outskirts of the webbed area. Use your ears, yo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Gold Skulltulas are almost never directly in the center of the web, but they are somewhere in that web. You want to run around until you find a spot where the music fades away and all you can hear is the creepy little SKRTCH SKRTCH of their awful giant spider legs. You may have to grapple up to a special point or clear some tentacles with a boomerang but usually they're just in outside a keep or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Also, Legend Mode skultullas like hide under bombable rocks.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Not a Children posted:

These loading times are ridiculous. Seriously detracts from my enjoyment of the game.

Now that it's this bad they need to let you control the 8-bit Link on the loading screen to help kill the time.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Can anyone share tips for Zant and Fi? I still need their best weapons from the standard map, but I blow terribly with them and always seem to be just shy of an A rank due to damage or something.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

LordHippoman posted:

Can anyone share tips for Zant and Fi? I still need their best weapons from the standard map, but I blow terribly with them and always seem to be just shy of an A rank due to damage or something.

Zant just got an enormous buff in the update, so you may want to just try him again.

In general, his shots from the totem poll attack is nice, and the stomp one can clear some keeps quickly (if leave you a bit open), but stop just shy of the crazy meter filling all the way up and empty it with his regular strong attack.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I've played some of the Termina Map now, and I'm really not all that pleased by how much it's railroading me on a certain path. I guess it might sort of emulate the natural path taken in Majora's Mask this way?

It does, yeah, and I actually found that pretty neat. You gotta do the mini-dungeon tiles to unlock the items to get to the major dungeon tiles to unlock the final dungeon. Just don't make the same mistake I did and waste your first goron mask on revealing the enemies on the major dungeon tile in the southern area. That thing takes forever to respawn and all other tiles that reward more goron masks require you to use that fist one you got.

Also I hate whoever decided that your opponents in contest mission should get huge damage buffs, should be immune to hit-stun and drop everything to hunt you down rather than focusing on racking up cash or kills themselves.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i wish they would patch out that one BGM that's like the same 3 notes over and over, or let you pick a different track from the pause menu. i always seem to get it when choose not to select the BGM myself. adding a Restart button is good at least.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So which is the Rack Up KOs mission everyone's doing to get a lot of XP?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

LordHippoman posted:

For Fi, her C5 gives the same light buff as her C1 if it hits multiple enemies, and it's easy to catch captains in it if you dance around them with the first couple hits so they don't block the finisher. If it launches them then you can juggle them long enough for the C6 which does masses of damage.

For breaking non-boss weak points I usually launch with C2 and hit them again in the air. For bosses, C6 seems to do the most damage. Make sure you have the light buff, it makes a difference.

C4 is great for when you're on your way to somewhere and want to plough through some enemies without slowing yourself down too much. I haven't found a good use for the C3, it's pretty underwhelming.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

So which is the Rack Up KOs mission everyone's doing to get a lot of XP?

Bottom left of the mq map

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

drat, don't have that unlocked yet. Oh well.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man you know I was wary of the DLC pulling me back in but a mixture of wanting to get skulltulas for the grinding maps and Young Link being a loving beast convinced me to go balls deep again but the prospect of earning every character's weapon is super daunting.
Especially Agatha who I know is a pain to master and Zant who I understand has been substantially buffed but still man wanting to get good with so many characters is annoying.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
So what is the deal with mixtures? Do you actually have to drink one of your potions? Is it before or after the things dropped? I've used a few material masters but I don't seem to be getting more items, just seeing bosses drop gold/silver items more consistently.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You make a mixture and it affects the next stage and the next stage only. Material Master does exactly what you said, increases the chances of getting higher ranked materials, you don't get more material drops from it.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

And no, you don't have to drink it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So, Darunia's level 3. Any tips?

So far its the only map I've actually gotten below an A on two conditions (time, damage) and so the solution doesn't seem to be just dodging better. That loving gangbang of Moblins at your base takes forever to kill and they can just pile the hurt on if you lose track of one of them.

• Locked thread