Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not on the PR so yeah, it'll be out at some unspecified point in the future. Look forward to the CN site choking the moment it goes up, if it even manages to recover from the traffic it's getting now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Haruharuharuko posted:

Ok I know no one else in existence will care but gently caress yes Mappy Land I loved the poo poo out of that game as a kid.

You are not alone.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Game and Watch Gallery owns, I still have the original cartidges for like 2 or 3 of them for Game Boy.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I've been curious as hell about The Wonderful 101. I can't afford it due to coins anymore, but if it goes on a reasonable sale, I might pick it up. Can anyone tell me about the game?

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

Slur posted:

I've been curious as hell about The Wonderful 101. I can't afford it due to coins anymore, but if it goes on a reasonable sale, I might pick it up. Can anyone tell me about the game?

I just bought it myself. It's like a mishmash of Viewtiful Joe and Pikmin that could be called an action puzzler. You have multiple weapons and attacks done by either pushing buttons or drawing out the shape of the weapon you want to use. It's also got ridiculously high highs and low lows, even in the three hours I've played so far. A few puzzles have the most obtuse solutions ever and force you to stop and think/Google the answer, which flat-out sucks, but everything else is so fun that I've been able to forgive it.

The demo kind of throws you right into the middle of things, but it's a good way to figure out the controls after a few playthroughs.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Slur posted:

Chip Cheezum did an insanely informative LP of it recently. It's a platinum game, so if you've played Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta, or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, it's kind of like that but with also some Pikmin elements. There's a strong emphasis on sick combos, precision counterattacks, and avoiding damage by dodging or parrying.

Also the story is a batshit insane epic about an international dream team of Japanese-style superheroes who get into fights against a series of increasingly gigantic robots.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Game and Watch Gallery owns, I still have the original cartidges for like 2 or 3 of them for Game Boy.

Yeah, they're great. I randomly saw the first one at Kmart as a kid and was immediately curious and had to get it. I'd never even heard about the Game & Watch line before. Taking the basic mechanics and making smart updates to them for the modern versions worked out so well.

The revamp of the modern version of Fire in G&WG4 is kinda broken compared to its first incarnation, though. Or I just suck at it. Either way it's harder for me to read some of the close-call positions and I usually gently caress it up. Which makes me mad, as it's fun as gently caress on Very Hard in the first game.

I like them so much I bought the first game/predecessor that never came to the US, the first Game Boy Gallery. It's pretty cool as a curio but the games are just graphic revamps with the same gameplay, and things can get old pretty fast. Cool to see how they evolved that concept by splitting it into the Classic and Modern versions in later games, though.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Ok I know no one else in existence will care but gently caress yes Mappy Land I loved the poo poo out of that game as a kid.

I just need Mappy to come out on the VC, and my life will be complete. But Mappy Land looks great

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Haruharuharuko posted:

I played the hell out of Mappy back in the day, but never actually played Mappy Land, so I'm curious at the very least.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Is there anyway to unlink a NNID from a 3DS? I bought a 3DS with a ton of games on it but it's associated with the guy's NNID and I can't even system transfer without his password.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Slur posted:

It's the best game ever made

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Midnight Moth posted:

Is there anyway to unlink a NNID from a 3DS? I bought a 3DS with a ton of games on it but it's associated with the guy's NNID and I can't even system transfer without his password.

quote:

"To remove an ID's link to this system without deleting the ID itself, go to Other Setting in System settings and format the system memory."

You obviously lose those game on there but oh well.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

havenwaters posted:

You obviously lose those game on there but oh well.
Thanks, I was afraid of that. There's a lot of good games on here that I haven't played so not really worth clearing them out.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Man, I was going through some of my old DS game cases at my parents' house to see if there were any CN codes I left behind, and it's crazy how much paper they used to stuff in those things. Full game manual, that safety pamphlet, sometimes an ad for other games, Nintendo Power offer, the 3-4 page thing that actually had the CN code on it, and that ridiculous Nintendo Wi-Fi connection booklet that was like 30 pages. Now we either get a single slip of paper or nothing.

I can certainly understand getting rid of all that crap... I miss color paper manuals though.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Minidust posted:

Man, I was going through some of my old DS game cases at my parents' house to see if there were any CN codes I left behind, and it's crazy how much paper they used to stuff in those things. Full game manual, that safety pamphlet, sometimes an ad for other games, Nintendo Power offer, the 3-4 page thing that actually had the CN code on it, and that ridiculous Nintendo Wi-Fi connection booklet that was like 30 pages. Now we either get a single slip of paper or nothing.

I can certainly understand getting rid of all that crap... I miss color paper manuals though.

I noticed the same thing. I have a plastic tote where I keep things like that; I kept just one copy of the safety information and recycled the rest, but I keep all instruction books. I actually recently bought a used but complete copy of Mega Man X7 (yes I know it sucks) online, and it actually came with 2 copies of the instructions.

I almost never keep boxes, though. The just take up too much space that I don't have.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Minidust posted:

Don't forget, you can use the code on those Nintendo Power offers for coins on Club Nintendo. I went through my DS cases a couple weeks ago and found some I had missed, about 200 coins worth.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Woooo, Shantae & the Pirate's Curse is awesome, having tons of fun so far

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just don't play the third island in front of other human beings, it's a little embarrassing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Fancy Hat! posted:

I'm going to assume Flipnote Studios wont be getting an official release until it's giving out on Club Nintendo? It had said "This Week" on the site.

Update: "this week" is now "this month". Whoever could have seen this coming?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
How long is it taking now from ordering a game from Nintendo Club to receiving the download code? Before it was always instant, but my order status has been stuck on "Ordered - Super Mario 3D Land" instead of "Shipped" for an hour now.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
So uh do you have to go to the eShop to enable the Majora's Mask DLC for Hyrule Warriors to download if you already have the Season Pass? Because I already downloades the update and nothing from the DLC appeared.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So uh do you have to go to the eShop to enable the Majora's Mask DLC for Hyrule Warriors to download if you already have the Season Pass? Because I already downloades the update and nothing from the DLC appeared.

You need to boot into the WiiU menu, and then booting into Hyrule Warriors will trigger the download.

Quick booting with skip the download. It's dumb.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You need to boot into the WiiU menu, and then booting into Hyrule Warriors will trigger the download.

Quick booting with skip the download. It's dumb.

But see that's what I did earlier to install the update (After closing out of Hyrule Warriors), I thought the MM DLC was part of that and it would just unlock immediately after.

I never use quick start unless I'm playing a game that requires the pad, HW doesn't so the pad stays off.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Yeah, another weird thing about it is it only loads one update at a time, so if it gave you the 1.5 update, you need to exit out and check your downloads to make sure the dlc is done downloading, then when you enter back in and you will get the dlc.

tl;dr: You have to boot from menu twice.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I specifically tried to not think about Flipnot since I assumed it was in permanently delayed but now that it may actually come out I'm pretty pumped. I've got 310 coins left before the additional 60 I can get (370 won't get me poo poo differently than 310) and drat is it tougher than I thought to pull the trigger.

For the record, I got that Fluidity: Spin Cycle game for a gold/elite/whatever reward last year when everyone else got DK stuff. It's not the best game ever, but it's fun enough it's gotten enough play time here and there by me and anyone else using my 3ds. So I wouldn't have ever spent coins on it, but I would go out on a limb and say it is worth (or close to anyway) the 300 coins they are asking for it.

There isn't as much 3DS stuff as I would have hoped for, and if I don't find anything in the 3xxs maybe I'll get those extra coins and go with a 250 and a 100 coin game who knows. I wish I could get a free Wii U right about now and use those points there instead.

The last game I remember paying for on club nintendo was Kid Icarus 3d. Even though I'm not the biggest Kid Icarus fan I've gotten a ton of enjoyment from this game and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Since digital stuff can't exactly sell out I'm going to sit on this for a bit and decide what my last hurrah will be.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 6, 2015

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Are the Dillon Rolling Western games worth playing? I can either get them both or use the coins to give my friend some free games. Help me decide to be selfish or not guys!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Are the Dillon Rolling Western games worth playing? I can either get them both or use the coins to give my friend some free games. Help me decide to be selfish or not guys!

It's got some element of tower defense to it. Otherwise the trailer pretty much shows the gameplay. But if you can't handle the stress of TD games, you might just be better off gaining some karma, after all. It's not as hard or complex as a pure TD game, but the element (and some of the anxiety) is there.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I got Dillon's Rolling Western when it was offered as a reward one month a while back and I don't really like it much at all, despite usually enjoying tower defense games. Its got weird controls that require the touch screen and bit of a 3D brawler mixed in the the TD elements but none of it is particularly fun. Its not terrible, but I wouldn't recommend it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Alright, thanks for the replies. I hope he likes Urban Champion :getin:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Someone a page or two back mentioned Excitebike 3d. I missed the free giveaway period on it, but I bought it and it's excellent even though I am awful at it. It's better than the original in every buggering way, I'd say. My only complaint, which is universal to all versions, is that there aren't enough pre-made tracks and no way that I know of to download those made by others. I like playing all sorts of tracks, but I don't like making my own. Yes, I'm aware that that sounds odd.

I'm gagging now to play some version of Star Fox 64. Does anyone know how many blocks the digital download version of the game takes? I have a fair few downloaded games on my 3DS, but they are all old games that are small. All modern games that were made or ported to 3DS I have on cartridge, so they don't take up space in permanent memory.

Also, for the Wii (not U) version of Star Fox 64... what are the controller options? I'm also thinking about dropping $10 on that game so that I can play it on my big screen, but Wii controls have ruined a fair few good games for me.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Classic Controller and if you're playing on an actual Wii, GameCube controller.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

JustJeff88 posted:

Also, for the Wii (not U) version of Star Fox 64... what are the controller options? I'm also thinking about dropping $10 on that game so that I can play it on my big screen, but Wii controls have ruined a fair few good games for me.

You need a Wii Classic Controller attachment to play N64 games. Look online at Gamestop and see if any local stores have them in stock, I was able to score two of them for like $12 each a few months ago because my roommates wanted to play Mario Party 2.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

ChaosArgate posted:

Classic Controller and if you're playing on an actual Wii, GameCube controller.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You need a Wii Classic Controller attachment to play N64 games. Look online at Gamestop and see if any local stores have them in stock, I was able to score two of them for like $12 each a few months ago because my roommates wanted to play Mario Party 2.

I'll be playing on a Wii U in Wii mode as I mothballed my Wii, but I'm good on both counts. Hooray! I just bought a gently used GameCube with no controllers, but I still have my 4 WaveBirds from years ago.

I also purchased a Classic Pro Controller from Gamestop for I believe $16.19 about two months ago. The third party ones were shite and all of the Nintendo-made ones online were $33+, so that was a real find.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm gagging now to play some version of Star Fox 64. Does anyone know how many blocks the digital download version of the game takes? I have a fair few downloaded games on my 3DS, but they are all old games that are small. All modern games that were made or ported to 3DS I have on cartridge, so they don't take up space in permanent memory.

Star Fox 64 3D is 5,120 blocks (640 MB).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

less laughter posted:

Star Fox 64 3D is 5,120 blocks (640 MB).

Much obliged.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Even though I've owned a Wii U for over a year, I never looked into the Nintendo Club until recently. I only linked my console last night. It looks like some of my downloaded games should have surveys attached, but they aren't showing up on the Nintendo Club site. Do I need to do anything for them to show up, like launch those games? Do I just wait a couple of days? Or do surveys only show up for future digital purchases?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bob Socko posted:

Even though I've owned a Wii U for over a year, I never looked into the Nintendo Club until recently. I only linked my console last night. It looks like some of my downloaded games should have surveys attached, but they aren't showing up on the Nintendo Club site. Do I need to do anything for them to show up, like launch those games? Do I just wait a couple of days? Or do surveys only show up for future digital purchases?

They unfortunately only show up if the the system was linked to CN before download.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So will this work for N64 games? If so I'm gonna grab Star Fox on my Wii U

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peach-Fight-Pad-Nintendo-Wii-U-Gamecube-Controller-PDP-/311250551751?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6390

I bought that controller so my daughter can act like she is playing games (she is 4 and loves Peach) but outside of renting Smash it's never been really used (i do have a regular Wii remote to plug it in to, fyi).

Thanks!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

So will this work for N64 games? If so I'm gonna grab Star Fox on my Wii U

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peach-Fight-Pad-Nintendo-Wii-U-Gamecube-Controller-PDP-/311250551751?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6390

I bought that controller so my daughter can act like she is playing games (she is 4 and loves Peach) but outside of renting Smash it's never been really used (i do have a regular Wii remote to plug it in to, fyi).

Thanks!

That thing should get read as a classic controller, so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

They unfortunately only show up if the the system was linked to CN before download.
drat. Oh well, missing out on a free game isn't the end of the world.