Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

It's A-Force. All female Avengers team.
http://mashable.com/2015/02/06/marvel-female-avengers-a-force/

I was hoping for her on a legacy book personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
At least Aurora and Scarlet Witch will finally have someone to talk about what it's like to go absolutely crazy and have your twin brother desperately trying to bring you back.

Seriously, though, Aurora?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Aurora is an example of someone who is sort of flat and only a foil to her much more developed male counterpart, so I could see the appeal of taking that character and trying to flesh her out some.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if there's an in universe reason for an all female team.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR5lBE5Sq3I

All I wanna know is how Pixie, Rescue, and Carolina Dean get in.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

"All the men are either dead, part of the illuminati, or crazy/turned evil, screw 'em"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

The giant Secret Wars logo is all the reason you need.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

"All the men are either dead, part of the illuminati, or crazy/turned evil, screw 'em"

wasn't that basically the justification for the all-female X-Men book?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Do you really need a reason? Maybe it just panned out that way when they were doing team selection or whatever in universe reason they team up. lord knows we've had all or all-but-one male comic book teams without a justification before. :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You need to hide the pandering a little bit.

Deadpool has a point though. A team that forms through the Secret Wars event and sticks together would make sense.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Telex posted:

wasn't that basically the justification for the all-female X-Men book?

No, that justification was "They were all there at the time and eh why not be a team?"

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010
Actually, this article that was linked in another thread but maybe not this one mentions a post Secret Wars world called Arcadia that Wilson describes as "this feminist paradise" so maybe that ends up being one of the Battleworld continents or a post Secret Wars universe or something, I don't fuckin know.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/02/06/marvel-comics-a-force-female-avengers/22970157/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Buddington posted:

Actually, this article that was linked in another thread but maybe not this one mentions a post Secret Wars world called Arcadia that Wilson describes as "this feminist paradise" so maybe that ends up being one of the Battleworld continents or a post Secret Wars universe or something, I don't fuckin know.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/02/06/marvel-comics-a-force-female-avengers/22970157/

Arcadia is a Battleworld zone and part of Secret Wars.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

No, that justification was "They were all there at the time and eh why not be a team?"

That's how New Avengers (and the original Avengers now that I think about it) started. Makes about as much sense as anything.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

RevKrule posted:

It's A-Force. All female Avengers team.
http://mashable.com/2015/02/06/marvel-female-avengers-a-force/

I was hoping for her on a legacy book personally.

Fortunately Dazzler is back from the stupid Goth-detour Bendis put her on.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Decius posted:

Fortunately Dazzler is back from the stupid Goth-detour Bendis put her on.

The most disheartening possibility of this being Secret Wars centric is that it's alternate an Dazzler on the cover and our Dazzler is still somewhere crawling in her skin with wounds that will not heal.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I said this on my FB but I'll repeat it here; I don't hate Bendis as much as the rest of BSS, but his reinvention of Dazzler is both baffling and pointless. Has he done anything with it at all? Maybe if she and Magneto teamed up and hosed poo poo up and were super angsty goth about the whole thing driving around listening to Unknown Pleasures and Floodland it would have worked out. But nope, she's just hanging out with Scott's team not doing much.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I haven't read the newer issues, but I thought the whole Dazzler thing was "Mystique tortured me and that sucked, but now I'm back to being Dazzler again"? I'm sure I remember her showing up in her old disco outfit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

I haven't read the newer issues, but I thought the whole Dazzler thing was "Mystique tortured me and that sucked, but now I'm back to being Dazzler again"? I'm sure I remember her showing up in her old disco outfit.

Nope, she turned into a goth. You may be thinking of her semi-recent appearance in Deadpool, but that was because Deadpool was time-traveling and grabbed her from her disco days.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

twistedmentat posted:

I said this on my FB but I'll repeat it here; I don't hate Bendis as much as the rest of BSS, but his reinvention of Dazzler is both baffling and pointless. Has he done anything with it at all? Maybe if she and Magneto teamed up and hosed poo poo up and were super angsty goth about the whole thing driving around listening to Unknown Pleasures and Floodland it would have worked out. But nope, she's just hanging out with Scott's team not doing much.

I could totally accept it as "Dazzler is going through some poo poo" except yeah, she hasn't actually done anything since changing her appearance. So it's been pretty pointless so far... and at this rate there won't be time to do anything with it by the time Bendis gives up the X-Men.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Diet Poison posted:

I could totally accept it as "Dazzler is going through some poo poo" except yeah, she hasn't actually done anything since changing her appearance. So it's been pretty pointless so far... and at this rate there won't be time to do anything with it by the time Bendis gives up the X-Men.

She glowed all sparkly and goth-like in a few panels. 'Cause you know, goths like glitter.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Diet Poison posted:

I could totally accept it as "Dazzler is going through some poo poo" except yeah, she hasn't actually done anything since...

No one has to be fair, because this insufferable Uncanny story seems to have dragged on for an Old Testament lifetime as if someone made a bet with Bendis to see how long he could eke out absolutely gently caress all for.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think if they want an all female team to appeal to female readers, they could start by hiring artists who can draw more than one woman. Look at that cover. It's twenty women with different hair and costumes and all the exact same figure, same d-cup boobs, and same generic face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not Nico!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I can't say I've overly enjoyed this last arc of X-Force, but that was a good last couple pages. It's not.. over, is it?

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

twistedmentat posted:

Well she does become the first mutant president for five minutes before being incinerated.

Sentinel Red posted:

No one has to be fair, because this insufferable Uncanny story seems to have dragged on for an Old Testament lifetime as if someone made a bet with Bendis to see how long he could eke out absolutely gently caress all for.

Yeah the pacing is pretty terrible, but I generally like the character interactions which makes up for some of Uncanny's faults.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Diet Poison posted:

I can't say I've overly enjoyed this last arc of X-Force, but that was a good last couple pages. It's not.. over, is it?

That was the last issue because that comic got cancelled fast.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
How many times has Bendis had a character yell, "You DO NOT..."

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kitty Pryde really can't last with a guy for like more than a month can she? EVERY disagreement she has with a guy is grounds to break up with him. It's infuriating because I know someone EXACTLY like that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

Kitty Pryde really can't last with a guy for like more than a month can she? EVERY disagreement she has with a guy is grounds to break up with him. It's infuriating because I know someone EXACTLY like that.

Well as it turns out, every man on Earth *dramatic turnaround* IS A JERK.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jiro posted:

She just needs to stop dating people named Peter.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TwoPair posted:

Thus a new villian is born.

The Feminazi.

Save us MRAMan.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

TwoPair posted:

If only I could find a mature bald man, maybe a writer Oh writer senpai take me into your doughy arms :blush:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Miles and Jean should totes be best buds when he finally ends up on 616, and maybe it's good thing he's going there too because at this rate there won't be anyone left on Ultimate Earth who hasn't seen his face, he's unmasked more than a movie actor playing Spider-Man even. Also, Bobby's constant dissing of Bobby was great.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

She just needs to stop dating people named Peter.

See also: Ultimate Kitty.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sentinel Red posted:

Miles and Jean should totes be best buds when he finally ends up on 616, and maybe it's good thing he's going there too because at this rate there won't be anyone left on Ultimate Earth who hasn't seen his face, he's unmasked more than a movie actor playing Spider-Man even. Also, Bobby's constant dissing of Bobby was great.

That was Ultimate Peter's problem too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Bobby was the only Kitty pairing I've liked (there was something sweet when I was a kid too about the Peter/Kitty thing before I understood the creepiness of it).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm sad that X-Force is finished, it was a really fun ride while it lasted. I loved those last few pages. Hope is really awesome, I like how Spurrier writes her.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Speaking of X-Force stuff, whatever happened to Spiral? I only read the first few issues of Humphries's Uncanny X-Force.

(I swear I've asked the same question before in this thread, but my X-Men Children of the Atom nostalgia is kicking in the most inopportune moment)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Schneider Heim posted:

I only read the first few issues of Humphries's Uncanny X-Force.

And you're better for it. To answer your question though, I think she just kinda disappeared after the crossover that wrapped up both that volume of Uncanny X-Force and Cable & X-Force. The same way Puck and Boom Boom just disappeared, or Forge quit Cable's team without any explanation.

• Locked thread