Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Untagged posted:

so they fire Brian Williams yet

who knows

jimmy fallon prolly isnt going to make any more rap videos of him though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
A hell of a thing to have to admit to in order to get the internet to stop talking about your daughter getting her salad tossed on HBO

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

A hell of a thing to have to admit to in order to get the internet to stop talking about your daughter getting her salad tossed on HBO

:drat: Kick a man while he's down...

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not like he wanted to, world-renown newspaper Stars and Stripes actually called him out on his bullshit story.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/nbc-s-brian-williams-recants-iraq-story-after-soldiers-protest-1.327792

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Wait what????

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

DAS Super! posted:

Wait what????

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/brian-williams-reacts-to-his-daughters-anilingus-scene-in-last-nights-girls/

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Now despite not believing that anybody is born with any sort of divine right, I don't really have a problem with monarchies. The British royals are fine for the most part, the Scandinavian royals seem cool, Abdullah II is definitely cool. In modern times where a monarch is usually just a figurehead (In Europe anyway) it seems like they provide a continuity of the more positive elements of a government despite other positions changing hands. Frederick Forsyth generated a bit of controversy years ago by suggesting that Russia would be less of a shithole if they had a king again, he might have been on to something.

The current King of Sweden is a tactless, bumbling imbecile who I really won't miss when he's gone. The crown prince races Porsche 911 GT3's though, so he's kinda cool.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 6, 2015

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Occasionally having someone around that you can't bribe or fire to tell you you're an idiot might be nice.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

CMD598 posted:

Occasionally having someone around that you can't bribe or fire to tell you you're an idiot might be nice.

Prince Bernhard(the queens husband) accepted a million dollar bribe to ensure the netherlands would select the lockheed f104 for our air force.

Iirc he donated it to the world wildlife fund and at least partially did it because the queen kept him on a budget.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
So, if Jeb the First is elected, does that mean that America in now a monarchy?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

AgentSythe posted:

Tangentially related, but this guy has such bad opinions on Magic: the Gathering that a bunch of nerds got together to do a tournament in his honor after he shamefully declined a duel in single Wizard combat that would determine if he could post in the Eternal thread or not anymore. So, I guess what I'm saying is that any time he types words on this forum, you can safely assume they're worthless

:stare:

Get off my people's land.

:350:

:stare:

Real talk.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Nuclear Tourist posted:

The current King of Sweden is a tactless, bumbling imbecile who I really won't miss when he's gone. The crown prince races Porsche 911 GT3's though, so he's kinda cool.

He does make for some wonderful press shots though.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Mute the left

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...ame=orinocowoah

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
That video should just already have that as background music.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Untagged posted:

That video should just already have that as background music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64JbHDtQdk0 this one does a decent job.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Dude... If he really quoted

"Any man I see out there, I'm gonna kill him. Any son of a bitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only going to kill him, I'm going to kill his wife and all his friends and burn his drat house down."

And follows through, I just found who I am going to give my write in vote for POTUS next election.

Because thats :black101:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

annapacketstormaya posted:

But is he magically awesome as Prince Phillip?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/21/top-10-prince-philip-gaffes-3508245/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philip-quotes-relive-65-1445185

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

annapacketstormaya posted:

Larry David needs to make this his next show

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI4lFjWoFqc

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Prince Phillip is a national treasure. He was also meant to be a very capable Naval officer in his day, well before he married Liz. Finished top of his class at the RN college back when it meant something. Then went to war, got shot at a few times, came back and threw a few fucks into her Majesty and made some very rational and forward thinking comments on social cohesion.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Prince Phillip is a national treasure. He was also meant to be a very capable Naval officer in his day, well before he married Liz. Finished top of his class at the RN college back when it meant something. Then went to war, got shot at a few times, came back and threw a few fucks into her Majesty and made some very rational and forward thinking comments on social cohesion.

Charles is honestly the only major gently caress up in the immediate royal family right now it seems. The rest seem like they're pretty squared away

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Booblord Zagats posted:

Charles is honestly the only major gently caress up in the immediate royal family right now it seems. The rest seem like they're pretty squared away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8UFnc85-xM

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

That movie was awesome.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dude owns.

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-31169773

Houthis have taken over the Yemeni government and are dissolving parliament.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

He really is like a character from Curb Your Enthusiasm that has been transplanted into real life. No joke.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Back to the Jordan circle jerk:

quote:

State TV showed footage of the attacks, including fighter jets taking off from an air base and bombs setting of large balls of fire and smoke after impact. It showed Jordanian troops scribble messages in chalk on the missiles. "For you, the enemies of Islam," read one message.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/jordans-king-vows-harsh-war-islamic-state-28740726?cid=fb_abcn

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
We need to sell them some old B-52s or even some AC-130s

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
ISIS reports that Jordan's airstrikes killed an American aid worker that they were holding hostage. If you believe that, I've got oceanfront property in Arizona going dirt cheap.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

This is all very true. He's like a refined Royal version of Joe Biden on some levels, but less rednecky.

Booblord Zagats posted:

We need to sell them some old B-52s or even some AC-130s

They actually have AC-130s iirc.

Edit: Maybe not, I swore I read this somewhere.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 6, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeroisanumber posted:

ISIS reports that Jordan's airstrikes killed an American aid worker that they were holding hostage. If you believe that, I've got oceanfront property in Arizona going dirt cheap.

quote:

“The failed Jordanian aircraft killed an American female hostage,” said the message. “No mujahid was injured in the bombardment, and all praise is due to Allah.”

:lol:

They aren't even trying to be plausible. Also with her dead wouldn't, in theory, the US would be less constrained in attack options?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dropping bombs on muds has pretty much got to be the best loving job in the military ever.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

orange juche posted:

Dropping bombs on muds has pretty much got to be the best loving job in the military ever.

I dunno, my great uncle said shooting rockets at North Koreans and Chinese dudes was pretty loving great

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

gfanikf posted:

They aren't even trying to be plausible. Also with her dead wouldn't, in theory, the US would be less constrained in attack options?

Yeah and it's not like ISIS is ever going to release an American.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

The same group of people that we're "negotiating" the release of someone while the video footage of burning him alive was in post-production. I want to believe not even the most hardcore D&D troll is buying their poo poo at this point.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gfanikf posted:

Our boys in blue saved an innocent woman from getting burned to death

Good going on that propaganda ISIS

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Im kinda mad that bbc and other news orgs even loving reported something that dumb based solely on their sayso. Because a solid % is gonna skim the headline and believe it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

SumYungGui posted:

The same group of people that we're "negotiating" the release of someone while the video footage of burning him alive was in post-production. I want to believe not even the most hardcore D&D troll is buying their poo poo at this point.
D&D had moved on to "they might be bad people but do we really have to CELEBRATE the deaths of HUMAN BEINGS?!"-style moral outrage.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

D&D had moved on to "they might be bad people but do we really have to CELEBRATE the deaths of HUMAN BEINGS?!"-style moral outrage.

To be fair, a significant percentage of the posters have come around to the, "gently caress it, kill the bastards" point of view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I had actual friends of mine saying that the celebrations of Bin Laden's lead poisoning were "tasteless."
smdh

• Locked thread