Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

brodoyouevengif posted:

IS-8 is quite nimble, but what I personally didn't like about it, was the lack of armor, combined with no gun depression, and a troll gun.

Yup ok, but when you actually jump to the IS-7 it's totally worth it, and you probably know that since you will probably have bought it. It' still my best tank despite all the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

9.6 acc changes got a post in russian.

WG like them big apparently.
The acc nerf doesn't seem so bad really, unless you really rely on snap shots.
I am more pissed about the removal of the VK4502B, since I really don't want a tier9 tank with a top speed of 20km/h.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

They need to post the arty version where all the red dots are outside the circle completely.

Hey, at the top of the list of needs is a Japanese arty line filled with pre-teen female crew that one-shot E100s reliably.

Did I accurately sum up the last 10 pages, sans botes?

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

I'm fine with that accuracy change, actually. Looks like a lot less lucky pubbie snapshots, but still works for people who take the time to aim.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

I might be fully retards, but it looks like that is a general improvement with a little nerf.

The biggest thing is that it's a major reduction in dead-on shots (~16% -> ~10%).

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The accuracy change is a big improvement not only for derps as mentioned above, but for snipers too. There will be far fewer situations where 80% of your aim circle is on an exposed enemy flank 400m away and the RNG decides your shot is going to fly off towards the edge instead of the center. I suspect this will at least partially make up for the TD viewrange nerfs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vorkosigan posted:

I'm fine with that accuracy change, actually. Looks like a lot less lucky pubbie snapshots, but still works for people who take the time to aim.

:chord:

This actually kinda looks like a buff for arty.

Prav posted:

The biggest thing is that it's a major reduction in dead-on shots (~16% -> ~10%).

Also looks like a reduction for shots launching off into space. Which is always nice.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

As a SU-152 driver I like the change.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Is there a time limit on the individual missions. I'm in the mood to get back into the game for the T28, but I don't know if I missed my chance. Any info I can find online of the IMs is mostly just nerds racing to the reports, with omitted, or plain wrong information.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

So, this weekend's specials (which are terrible, btw) are in celebration of Sherman's birthday. Please use this information to troll the everloving poo poo out of REBEL, ROWDY, and any other shitstain clan that sports Stars and Bars or masturbates to secession proposals.

e-

Plan Z posted:

Is there a time limit on the individual missions. I'm in the mood to get back into the game for the T28, but I don't know if I missed my chance. Any info I can find online of the IMs is mostly just nerds racing to the reports, with omitted, or plain wrong information.

They have said there is no limit, but they may move on to new sets of missions a few months down the road. You have lots of time.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

:heysexy:

But yeah, I still stop to aim shots a lot of time (Which make Ryan yell at me when he's spectating) since I'm still used to pre8.6 dispersion.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

The Southern Dandy posted:

Hey, at the top of the list of needs is a Japanese arty line filled with pre-teen female crew that one-shot E100s reliably.

Did I accurately sum up the last 10 pages, sans botes?

You can throw botes in there as well if you simply said something like the Yamato is the best and torps need to be armed immediately on launch.. that or some poo poo about smoke is/is not OP.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

gj taking important spots, team

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vorkosigan posted:

:heysexy:

But yeah, I still stop to aim shots a lot of time (Which make Ryan yell at me when he's spectating) since I'm still used to pre8.6 dispersion.

I avoid getting yelled at by doing amazing in practices then doing nothing in actual CW (except for that one time against villain when me and star fish soloed that full HP E100 in our one shotable 140s).

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Atal Vataman posted:

gj taking important spots, team

Heh.. usually they send at least one tank towards the church at least. This looks like a really special team. How did it end?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Vorkosigan posted:

I dunno, that image makes me think it'll make gently caress'all difference. The huge majority of shots will still happen in the same area of the reticle, with some of the dead center shots spread slightly outwards. But at the same time there will be less edge shots for some reason. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I'm not exactly filled with confidence.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

After encouraging a Chaffee, an M8A1, and a Crusader to get off the ledge at the north spawn of Mountain Pass, I was accused of being a try hard and told to play higher tiers. It is going to be a long weekend.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
loss obviously. no one moved out of base, and it was all over in about three more minutes. i tried to reposition to get some last resort spots towards the church, but it was hopeless.

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs
Hello, photographer.
Yes, I would like a photograph that captures my super serious side while also highlighting my moderate neckbeard, unwashed hair and developing Cheetoh gut.

Excellent.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

slowm posted:

Hello, photographer.
Yes, I would like a photograph that captures my super serious side while also highlighting my moderate neckbeard, unwashed hair and developing Cheetoh gut.

Excellent.

This just in...

Fear changes name to Frequently Assaulted in Dark Alleys after photo shoot.

Atal Vataman posted:

loss obviously. no one moved out of base, and it was all over in about three more minutes. i tried to reposition to get some last resort spots towards the church, but it was hopeless.

I bet the game chat was motivating. I flip my skull when my teams do poo poo like that. Hell even in pixel tanks I blow a head gasket when everyone drives off solo to die horrible deaths.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 6, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

slowm posted:

Hello, photographer.

Excellent.

"Full Potato"

Yep

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Uranium 235 posted:

"Full Potato"

Yep

Cheeto density reaching 90%!

[e]: Also, "this is my best angle"

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs

[e]: Also, "this is my best angle"
Wide angle, best angle.
edit: "I'd also like to poo poo on Africa in the photograph if at all possible."

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I can smell the Mountain Dew™ and Doritos ™ from here.

That beard is :krad: though.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

I can smell the Mountain Dew™ and Doritos ™ from here.

That beard is :krad: though.

M'trilby!

Frequently found in the friend zone, this notable neckbeard is a champ WoT player!

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 6, 2015

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Mesadoram posted:

I might be fully retards, but it looks like that is a general improvement with a little nerf.

I agree. It seems to put LESS shots at BOTH extremes, basically making it a little closer to a homogeneous distribution. I think this will benefit skilled players by reducing the holy poo poo lucky unaimed shots hitting a bullseye weakspot. It will also allow for some tanks to regain the strength of their armor formerly nullified by any stupid pubbie's ability to hit tiny weakspots.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
To anyone who thinks the EU server is populated by actual human beings...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

M'trilby!

Frequently found in the friend zone, this notable neckbeard is a champ WoT player!

I would Photoshop a fedora, but sadly I have actual work to do today at work :smith:.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

I would Photoshop a fedora, but sadly I have actual work to do today at work :smith:.

Quit quoting work to me, don't you know that's my trigger!

[e]: also if this thread could refer to "me" as arty/arties/artyself that'd be pronoun perfect, thanks

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 6, 2015

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

[e]: also if this thread could refer to "me" as arty/arties/artyself that'd be pronoun perfect, thanks

I thought that was what we were doing already :confused:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

hey now, don't steal all the lime light.

Also, I apparently need to upload some bat 155 58 replays. Yesterday, I went for a one on one brawl with another bat 188 58. Poor fucker got shotgunned. That makes 5 artillery I have shotgunned in that tank to date. gently caress all the haters, bat owns.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

You're not my real dad :colbert:.

Overwined posted:

I agree. It seems to put LESS shots at BOTH extremes, basically making it a little closer to a homogeneous distribution. I think this will benefit skilled players by reducing the holy poo poo lucky unaimed shots hitting a bullseye weakspot. It will also allow for some tanks to regain the strength of their armor formerly nullified by any stupid pubbie's ability to hit tiny weakspots.

I think this change is definitely for the better. I am sure the pubbie :snoop:360noscopeyourmothersucksdicklawl:snoop: shots will still happen, just not as much.

Which I am ok with. I usually never take snap shots, so this change is probably not going to affect me too much.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Wait. The 4502B is getting removed???

Where did that come from and what's replacing it?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Burt posted:

Wait. The 4502B is getting removed???

Where did that come from and what's replacing it?

The VK is super fake so it gets replaced with a Maus prototype. We can now forget about the Maus line again.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

I think this change is definitely for the better. I am sure the pubbie :snoop:360noscopeyourmothersucksdicklawl:snoop: shots will still happen, just not as much.

Which I am ok with. I usually never take snap shots, so this change is probably not going to affect me too much.

So shoot more gold in arty? Done!

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Hellsau posted:

The VK is super fake so it gets replaced with a Maus prototype. We can now forget about the Maus line again.

That's hilarious.

Step 1.) Make opium dream tank.
Step 2.) Realize tank is terrible. No one uses it.
Step 3.) Buff tank in a haphazard and unmeasured way.
Step 4.) Decry, "Oh my, this tank is too overpowered for our precious game!"
Step 5.) Remove tank from game.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
You forget step 2.1, which is "deal with it, there's only one German heavy line and we delayed the E-series again, suckers!"

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

WitchFetish posted:

To anyone who thinks the EU server is populated by actual human beings...

Hahahahaha.

One of the best things about playing WOWS on the NA server was getting away from the illiterate shitheads who play from a dumpster in Moldova.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

So shoot more gold in arty? Done!

Had a game on Windstorm in the M53/55. West spawn. See a T-54 in northern part of middle. And another one. Hmm...check team list...they're platooned, with a Patton as the third. Hang on...aim...aim...patton is lit with them...AIM FASTER DAMNIT COME ON COME ON *click* YESSS! Damage 3 tanks with 1 shell, get!

That feeling man...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Hahahahaha.

One of the best things about playing WOWS on the NA server was getting away from the illiterate shitheads who play from a dumpster in Moldova.

It sounds like that guy is from an Italian dumpster but then again most of Italy might as well be Libya