Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Discospawn posted:

This is a long shot, but was it Weekend at Bernie's II (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108539/?ref_=nv_sr_2)? One of the main guys is portrayed as a womanizer the entire movie, but then in the end they need the blood of a virgin and he offers his finger to be pricked because he's actually never gotten laid. I think he ends up getting together with an attractive female character at the end of the movie. Bernie wears glasses throughout the movie.

I'll check this out, my memory was of the horny guy having to be restrained as they injected him with something though. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Slavvy posted:

Looks like a winner!

It took me about a minute to find on IMDB.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

What movie is this originally from?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Chamale posted:

What movie is this originally from?

The short film Lights Out

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Thanks.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
A movie where a group of teenagers are on an island, and there are dogs with rabies who are going to eat them. Some movie my girlfriend saw once. Which is it?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Breed?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455362/

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
I'm looking for a movie I used to watch as a kid in the 90s - it was about a toy stuffed dinosaur(?) which came to life and befriended the boy who owned it. I think at one point the dinosaur sits/is left in the rain and they also tell each other stories under the bedcover?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

8 Ball posted:

I'm looking for a movie I used to watch as a kid in the 90s - it was about a toy stuffed dinosaur(?) which came to life and befriended the boy who owned it. I think at one point the dinosaur sits/is left in the rain and they also tell each other stories under the bedcover?

Living with dinosaurs?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097763/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.

Looks right.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Asian martial arts historical drama, late 70s or early 80s. Set in Medieval China, I think. High death toll. Scenes I remember:

1) Main character (as a young boy) is ushered away as his city/home is captured by bad guys, he runs back just in time to see his mother kill herself to avoid capture. Hokey cut to a flower petal falling from the sky as she stabs herself.

2) Near end of movie, one of the heroines is defeated by a bunch of ninjas, and her last act is to take out her (sharp) earrings and fling them into the eyes of a last bad guy sneaking up on the hero.

3) Final scene is hero and another heroine walking on the beach.

Pretty vague, but any ideas?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

YES! Thanks!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
THere's some kids who befriend some kind of wish granting friendly monster/alien thing. I think the fat nerdy kid kidnaps the creature and takes him to the basement to perform experiments on it.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
my cousins friend was trying to recall a movie about some people that play Ouija in a morgue and start getting posed by a spirit she swears it starts with an S was made in the last 10 years.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Volume posted:

THere's some kids who befriend some kind of wish granting friendly monster/alien thing. I think the fat nerdy kid kidnaps the creature and takes him to the basement to perform experiments on it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Children_and_It_%28film%29

Maybe?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

THat looks like it! THank you

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

What 70s/80s horror movie had the VHS box art of a three fingered lizard/alien hand like this? I was thinking something along the lines of "It's Alive" or maybe "Rosemary's Baby", but no matching images on google.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Now that I think about it, the hand was like a "key" that fit into a three fingered "lock" carved out of stone to do something significant. Jesus, I am going to feel dumb when somebody posts it because it is not at all an obscure movie.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

SkunkDuster posted:

What 70s/80s horror movie had the VHS box art of a three fingered lizard/alien hand like this? I was thinking something along the lines of "It's Alive" or maybe "Rosemary's Baby", but no matching images on google.

Pretty sure it's not one of them, as I seem to remeber something more similar, too - but just to get them out of the way: The "lock" from Total Recall, hand from the game BioForge.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

westborn posted:

Pretty sure it's not one of them, as I seem to remeber something more similar, too - but just to get them out of the way: The "lock" from Total Recall, hand from the game BioForge.

Those are not it. I know exactly what he is talking about but can't for the life of me come up with the name.

Edit: Wasn't it the Fifth Element? I remember Bruce Willis had to put two fingers together because the claw imprint had only three very big fingers. Didn't they have to press a round stone button in the pyramid to stop the planet thing? Maybe not.

Or.....War of the Worlds?

BioTech fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 10, 2015

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

SkunkDuster posted:

Now that I think about it, the hand was like a "key" that fit into a three fingered "lock" carved out of stone to do something significant. Jesus, I am going to feel dumb when somebody posts it because it is not at all an obscure movie.
That drawing and this description makes me thinks it's either "House" (not Hausu), or one of it's sequels.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

SkunkDuster posted:

Almost certainly Amityville 3D.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Starblind posted:

Thanks! That's the box art I was thinking of. Since I never saw that movie I must be just mixing up the scenes of where I thought I saw a hand like that from Fifth Element or Predator.

edit: Or the lock from Total Recall as somebody previously pointed out.

Skunkduster fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 11, 2015

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Starblind posted:

THREEEEEE DEEEEEEE

Home video version - not in 3-D

This picture is not a sequel to the pictures 'Amityville Horror' or 'Amityville II: The Possession'

So many disclaimers you can't help but love this cover :allears:

Anyone who grumbles about the most recent 3D trend relying on gimmicks needs to see this for a protagonist waving a flashlight into the lens for what feels like 10 minutes (even better in 2D!).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ok here's a weird one I remember, it might have been from television. It was early 80s.

There was a woman sitting on a swing being raised out of hot wax, and then when she came out I think one of her eyelids fell off. Because now she was a wax mannequin! It scared the gently caress out of me as a kid, and I was horrified of Fantasy Island because for some reason that's where I thought I saw it.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

moths posted:

There was a woman sitting on a swing being raised out of hot wax, and then when she came out I think one of her eyelids fell off.

Possibly Tourist Trap? It's been awhile since I've seen it, but that would fit the year and general plot pretty well.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Tourist Trap is about the right era, but there was definitely a lady getting dunked in wax.

I looked around and there was a wax figures Fantasy Island after all, I'll see if I can check that out online.

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
Sometime in the mid 90s, I was watching TV with my dad on like a Saturday afternoon. We flipped past a movie, probably from the 60s/70s, that had the following:

-A concert hall or nightclub, with an act introduced by a man with a bird perched on his head.
-Said act consisted of a British-invasion style song, performed by a British (maybe Irish?) guy with an extremely shrill voice. He made a lot of "Hoo!" noises like Little Richard, and the main chorus contained the line "I'll tell you what I'm going to do". I think the reason this has stuck with me was that he had a double-necked guitar, which I had never seen before.

I've been looking for this for years, but it's just so random, I haven't had any luck. Right after the song, my dad changed channels, saying "Wow, that was pretty stupid." Probably not going to sit down and watch whatever movie this was, but it would be good to know.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Does anyone remember an action movie from the 90's where the world has a population cap and a husband and wife get sent to an underground prison for the crime of having too many children?

The main thing I remember from it was the prisoners weren't allowed to dream so there was a machine that would go around and monitor them while they slept and shocked them if they were dreaming.

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Vakal posted:

Does anyone remember an action movie from the 90's where the world has a population cap and a husband and wife get sent to an underground prison for the crime of having too many children?

The main thing I remember from it was the prisoners weren't allowed to dream so there was a machine that would go around and monitor them while they slept and shocked them if they were dreaming.

Fortress with Christopher Lambert

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Rob was taken posted:

Fortress with Christopher Lambert

Sweet. Thank you.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Capn Jobe posted:

-Said act consisted of a British-invasion style song, performed by a British (maybe Irish?) guy with an extremely shrill voice. He made a lot of "Hoo!" noises like Little Richard, and the main chorus contained the line "I'll tell you what I'm going to do". I think the reason this has stuck with me was that he had a double-necked guitar, which I had never seen before.

Not sure about the specific movie, but the music act might have been Davie Allan and The Arrows. Davie and his double-necked guitar were a familiar sight in low-budget movies of the late 60s, especially ones by American International Pictures, many of them biker gang flicks. Did this look like what you remember?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
There was some sort of probably made for television movie where a kid got put in control of a record label (a competition or something he won maybe?) and signed a local band. I watched it probably 10 years ago and only saw about half of it.

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat

Starblind posted:

Not sure about the specific movie, but the music act might have been Davie Allan and The Arrows. Davie and his double-necked guitar were a familiar sight in low-budget movies of the late 60s, especially ones by American International Pictures, many of them biker gang flicks. Did this look like what you remember?

That's a drat good guess, but I don't think that was the band. The guy in the movie was British, and apparently Davie Allan is American. The performer in the movie was also a character, like he had dialogue while he was in the audience before performing. All I can remember is him loudly clapping and saying "Jolly good, jolly good" and a bystander claimed he "Laughed like a hyena."

Edit: Ha, found it! Turns out it was Bikini Beach. The British musician was played by Frankie Avalon, and the bird-on-head guy was none other than Don Rickles.

Capn Jobe fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 17, 2015

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Saw this when I was a kid so probably mid to late 80s. All I remember is what I assume was the end of the movie. It was a black guy fighting a white guy in some warehouse industrial area. What makes it stand out is they have different colored electrical arcs coming out of them when they are fighting. That's all I got.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rikimaru posted:

Saw this when I was a kid so probably mid to late 80s. All I remember is what I assume was the end of the movie. It was a black guy fighting a white guy in some warehouse industrial area. What makes it stand out is they have different colored electrical arcs coming out of them when they are fighting. That's all I got.

Not quite what you said, but perhaps The Last Dragon? Skip to like 3:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRHu1JjpI0

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

There was this movie I saw on TV once when I was a little kid in the 80s (though it might've been the 90s by then too). It was probably some cheap scifi shlock but the only thing I remember is this vaguely President Comancho looking guy who was probably some kind of future mob boss. He killed one guy by shooting him with some ray that turned its target into blue goop, which he then ate. I'm not actually sure if the Comancho-ish guy was the same person as the one with the ray.

It definitely had that kind of cheap production values though, where "the dark future" meant "costumes and set design are literally made of garbage". Think Suburban Commando meets Nothing but Trouble.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Light Gun Man posted:

Not quite what you said, but perhaps The Last Dragon? Skip to like 3:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRHu1JjpI0

Yeah, this is it. Man. My memory warped that a bit over the years.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Weird comedy I saw on (i think) Comedy Central in the 90s. Aliens from I believe Mars will appear out of thin air or out of nowhere, like when the protagonist and his girlfriend are in bed together. They aren't threatening so much as really wacky. I don't think they had a lot of makeup or prosthetics, probably just skin coloring. At the end iirc the protagonist plays a song and makes them all disappear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Alan Smithee posted:

Weird comedy I saw on (i think) Comedy Central in the 90s. Aliens from I believe Mars will appear out of thin air or out of nowhere, like when the protagonist and his girlfriend are in bed together. They aren't threatening so much as really wacky. I don't think they had a lot of makeup or prosthetics, probably just skin coloring. At the end iirc the protagonist plays a song and makes them all disappear

Sounds a little bit like Earth Girls Are Easy, which was in constant rotation on Comedy Central for a while.