Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Any issues with using Unlimited on multiple devices. My brother is going to be living with me and it doesn't make much sense to do separate accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Opopanax posted:

Any issues with using Unlimited on multiple devices. My brother is going to be living with me and it doesn't make much sense to do separate accounts.

I shared my login with my father in law about a month ago and it hasn't gotten me into any trouble yet.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gaz-L posted:

All those books are actually pretty solid (though the Liu run features a crossover with Daken, which always bugs me in these sales. Just throw the loving tie-ins into the sale). And, I get why, but it's kinda funny that the only key book with her in it that's not featured is NYX.

Good news, the Daken crossover issues are on sale now as part of the Daken sale.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

:swoon:

https://www.comixology.com/Humanoids/comics-publisher/4483-78?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9pbXByaW50U2xpZGVy

e: Looks like original coloring for The Incal too.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 29, 2015

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
So, just get issues 1-6?
https://www.comixology.com/The-Incal/comics-series/38088

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
Totally was not expecting The Incal to be released on comixology anytime soon.... bought #1-6.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: Looks like original coloring for The Incal too.

God is real

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Is there anything better out there for organizing comics than ComicRack? I store all my comics on my PC and ComicRack is awesome for keeping them organized, but I like to read them on my Android Phone and tablet. I just got a Windows 8 7" tablet as well. Unfortunately, unless I'm syncing the entire collection, ComicRack doesn't really do a great job of sharing between devices, so I end up just browsing to the folder they're stored in and opening them with PerfectViewer on my Phone/tablet. I'd love it if there were something for comics like Plex is for media where I could "stream" comics from my PC without needing to set up a network share, which unrooted Android makes a giant pain in the butt.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I have a (possibly stupid) question about the DRM-free pdfs and cbzs offered by Comixology on some titles. I can download them and read them in a different reader, right? I use Comicat on my Samsung tablet. I don't want to have to jump over to Comixology on a few issues here or there, but Image's digital store is lacking a few older issues that Comixology has.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. You can do what you want with 'em.

e: I found the open reader I was using on my Android tablet wouldn't open files over a certain size. Usually singles were fine.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 1, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, the whole point is so you can save them and read them in another program. Comixology's app doesn't have support for .cbz or PDF, I don't think. I read most of Rat Queens in the barebones reader app I have on my tablet.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Cool, thanks. Like I said, stupid question, but I didn't want to pay $1.99 and find that there was a catch.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I was about to post "Yeah but what about The Metabarons :colbert:", but I remembered to search just in time.

edit: and now I learn that The Metabarons is a spin-off of The Incal, so I guess I am a fool after all.

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 1, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Matt-Fraction-Sale/page/5231?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Get that Casanova. In addition to being a great comic, it includes all the back matter from the original Image issues, the back matter from the Icon reprints, and commentary on the back matter specially written for the new collection. It's all so great.

Edit: Weird, there's 9 issues of Sex Criminals available on the Web and only 8 through the Android app. And the Sex Criminals and Just the Tips collections aren't showing up in the app, either. (in the Sale section.)

Double edit: doing a search, only 8 issues of Sex Criminals total show up in the app while 10 are available online. And Just the Tips doesn't show up at all. Wtf?

Uthor fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 2, 2015

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
Awesome, Fraction owns. I already had Sex Criminals but I just bought the rest of the graphic novels and collections for a pretty awesome $25 bucks.

I plan on getting a new tablet within the next month so I have been stocking up on digital stuff recently.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Does Matt Fraction own enough for those half-price issues of Invincible Iron Man to be worth purchasing?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Fraction's Invincible Iron Man is a great run.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Cheap Trick posted:

Does Matt Fraction own enough for those half-price issues of Invincible Iron Man to be worth purchasing?

His run is on the bleeding edge of Tony Stark fiction.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Thanks! I haven't read an Iron Man stand-alone comic in a long long time, and I vaguely know of Fraction or at least his reputation as a writer.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Spawn has been released on Comixology,

https://www.comixology.com/Spawn/comics-series/750

For a limited time they have a bundle of all 250 issues for less than half price.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Dsmif posted:

Spawn has been released on Comixology,

https://www.comixology.com/Spawn/comics-series/750

For a limited time they have a bundle of all 250 issues for less than half price.

How many, and which ones, are worth reading?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

lifg posted:

How do you feel about comics in the 90s? Because Spawn is, like, concentrated 90s.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

lifg posted:

I'd say issues 8, 9, and 10, the ones written by Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, and Dave Sim. There's also 11 written by Frank Miller, but that's just kind of regular Frank Miller violence without doing anything interesting.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Phylodox posted:

How do you feel about comics in the 90s? Because Spawn is, like, concentrated 90s.

This is true, but Spawn is my guilty pleasure.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Bandette #9 is out.

In which we ponder the mysteries of how Bandette goes shopping. My money's on "lift merchandise, write own receipt, leave money in till, depart without being seen".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Sale on Howard the Duck.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

It's time to get down, America!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

New issue of Lady Killer is out, but the updated Dark Horse app just turns my screen black!
My digital hubris has cost me this eve...

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Glazius posted:

Bandette #9 is out.

In which we ponder the mysteries of how Bandette goes shopping. My money's on "lift merchandise, write own receipt, leave money in till, depart without being seen".

Matadori's exit page was magnificent but it's Daniel and the wire that really made the issue for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Google Play has the first Walking Dead compendium for $5 digital download

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Medullah posted:

Google Play has the first Walking Dead compendium for $5 digital download

And if you got a Chromecast, you can get a $6 Google Play code if you check the special offers with the Chromecast app...which makes this free!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Actually looks like both are on sale, so first 96 issues for $10

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Love and Rockets sale:
https://www.comixology.com/Love-and-Rockets-Sale/page/5305

The bundle is a dang good deal.

The Boys for real cheap ... if you can read French.
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=5510

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Sentinel Red posted:

Matadori's exit page was magnificent but it's Daniel and the wire that really made the issue for me.

That sequence was sweet, yeah. Bandette is just so upbeat, all the time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Superman-Essential-Graphic-Novels-Sale/page/5307?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Superman collection sale
All-Star, Red Son, For All Seasons, SM/BM Vol 1, Birthright, Death of Superman, Earth One 1&2, Man of Steel, For Tomorrow, Secret Origin, Last Son of Krypton, N52 Action vol 1, N52 Superman vol 1.

https://www.comixology.com/Powers-Sale/page/5306?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Powers sale w/ bundle.

https://www.comixology.com/Legenderry-Sale/page/5375?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Includes sales on some Dynamite stuff like Waid's Green Hornet, Simone's Red Sonja and Parker's Flash Gordon.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scribd launched their own Netflix for comic service including lots of material from Marvel, IDW, and others. It's got a free trial for the first month. I signed up and was pleasantly surprised (though it makes perfect sense) to see for Marvel at least that the books are in trade format. Hello Hickman FF run! No clue on how good the app is as I need to download one of the books to my phone. Also it's a note 3 so perhaps it's not the best test bed. Still that was a surprise out of nowhere...and hey worst case it'd a free month of trades!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/02/scribd-launches-its-netflix-for-comics-with-10000-titles/

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 10, 2015

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Holy poo poo that scribd service looks amazing. How did I not know about this? They even have audiobooks, and now comics too? :catstare:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syrinxx posted:

Holy poo poo that scribd service looks amazing. How did I not know about this? They even have audiobooks, and now comics too? :catstare:

Eh I'll just add I'm not really in love with the Andriod app and level of zoom...of course I'm on a phablet so it may not be a fair comparison till I can try it on the ipad or computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was just about to subscribe to unlimited but this might be better. Too bad it doesn't include any DC stuff or I'd be sold on sight