Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A year ago I was super excited that Sawano was doing the XCX soundtrack and made sure everybody knew it, but now that he's been in literally everything anime since then I've turned around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm still excited for Hiroyuki Sawano. He is a good composer.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't seen much stuff that he's worked on, so it doesn't bug me. Most non-XBX exposure I've had is hearing a few UC tracks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Xenoblade CX Info video about the world on February 6

http://xenobladex.jp/news/20150206/index.html

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 2, 2015

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Xenoblade CX Info video about the world on February 6

http://xenobladex.jp/news/20150206/index.html

Christ, I'm gonna have to start avoiding this thread.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Companion:

This guild has very strong opinions about copyright law.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

HEY.
They updated the site. Gallery seems made for mobile phones or posters.

Also new character and more photos of a Heropon toy that I need for some reason.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Maurice posted:

Stubborn and rationalistic acting Chief Executive of the NLA government

Formerly worked as a bureaucrat at the United States Department of Defense and then became a presidential aide.
Based on his standing back on Earth, he claimed the authority to appoint himself as the Chief Executive of the autonomous NLA government and presents himself as the representative of all humans on the planet Mira.

"As the Chief Executive of the government, I can't just indiscriminately accept outsiders."

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
http://operationrainfall.com/2015/02/05/monolith-soft-tweet-new-details-xenoblade-x-plus-new-character-bio-update/

Beastiary confirmed, also hinted at as a new feature for the Xenoblade N3DS port. Apparently it was planned to be in the first Xenoblade initial release but had to scrapped for time.

Also new presentation video in less than 12 hours from now

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

planetarial posted:

http://operationrainfall.com/2015/02/05/monolith-soft-tweet-new-details-xenoblade-x-plus-new-character-bio-update/

Beastiary confirmed, also hinted at as a new feature for the Xenoblade N3DS port. Apparently it was planned to be in the first Xenoblade initial release but had to scrapped for time.

Also new presentation video in less than 12 hours from now

A bestiary was the most glaring omission from XC so I'm glad it's in the sequel at least.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 6, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Reminder, the Xenoblade X direct is about to begin and will last 22 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2R7t_wqlQ

It's the first in a series of directs dedicated to the game.

Edit: Beyond the Logos Advanced Destiny Emancipator is my favorite acronym.

edit: that's for Blade, the police force of the city.

Translation stream: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/live_watch_nintendo_and_monolith_softs_presentation_of_xenoblade_chronicles_x_-_live

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 6, 2015

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm really not getting over how most of the female cast look like realdolls, it's absolutely terrible

Did everyone involved in the character design of Xenoblade die or something?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

On the other hand those environments looks absolutely fantastic so maybe it was the consequence of some deal with the devil or something

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Loving the mini Jar Jars

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The monsters look very good, but the people look very bad.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

HEY.
They updated the site. Gallery seems made for mobile phones or posters.

Also new character and more photos of a Heropon toy that I need for some reason.

could be just me but this echoes images of the mechon/bionis sword that crashes through the heavens, which owns

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm really not getting over how most of the female cast look like realdolls, it's absolutely terrible

Did everyone involved in the character design of Xenoblade die or something?

I think the Xenosaga guy must've had a broken limb or some other ailment to recover from during most of Xenoblade's intiial development and now he is back in full terrible force

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like the bundle of the game also comes with a pre-paid eShop card, so there possibly may be DLC.

Also that box artwork looks pretty drat good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think the Xenosaga guy must've had a broken limb or some other ailment to recover from during most of Xenoblade's intiial development and now he is back in full terrible force

full vid is up here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpzCdnCFNM

the designs for regular army people and civilians and that elma/alma chick aren't bad. but when they zoomed in on that player-created avatar I almost laughed at how lovely his face was. that and the terrible animu girl were my only real "god this looks like garbage" moments.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
The art style is super disappointing after how colorful the first game was. I never did like the Xenosaga creepy mannequin look. Still, the world looks loving huge and fun to explore and I love the mech motorcycle things. I'll probably still buy a Wii U to play it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

4 player quests exist. some sort of 32 player passive info/item exchange also exists.
http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-up-to-32-players-can-passively-exchange-infoitems-4-player-quests/

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
My notes from the video:

NLA:
-Industrial area: in the west side of NLA, is where the city entrance is located. Produces food, weapons and other goods and contains Doll development facilities.
-Commercial area: contains restaurants and various stores, many residents gather here.
-Residential area: contains homes, parks, a church and a water filtering plant.
-Blade area: contains the Blade HQ, residences of Blade members as well as weapon and equipment shops and a Doll maintenance area.

Blade:
-Blade's most important objective is recovering the life pods from the White Whale.
-Most of the passengers on the White Whale were cryogenically frozen; most of the people who were awake at the time of the crash were either piloting crew or soldiers.
-The cryogenic pods were scattered all over the planet when the White Whale crashed.
-Blade's second priority is investigating the planet using the Frontier Net.
-Installing a Data Probe in an area adds its surrounding hexes to the Frontier Net.
-The marks on the map show different tasks in the area, like hunting monsters or finding treasure.
-Normal citizens also have access to Frontier Net, meaning that as you explore more you start getting new NPC dialogue
-Data probes can be upgraded to, for example, mine for materials or to boost your combat stats while you're in their vicinity
-The effectiveness of the upgrades changes depending on location
-Simple "get x materials" or "kill x enemies" -type quests can be found on the quest board.
-Quests relating to named NPCs will change the affinity chart, just like in the original Xenoblade.

The Planet Mira:
-The first area is named roughly "Primeval Wilderness".
-To its northwest is the "Forest of Nocturnal Luminescence", which contains lots of giant glowing plantlife.
-The southeastern continent is the "Forgotten Canyon", a desert/savannah area.
-To the north of the initial continent is "The Continent of White Trees", a pretty alien looking area.
-Beyond that is "The Continent of Black Steel", a volcanic area.
-All the continents have various landmarks, secret areas and outlook points.
-You can dash jump and teleport to areas via the Frontier Net to move faster.
-The Navigation Ball is a nopon-made item that allows you to release a glowing ball that shows the path to your current quest target.
-The Hopper Camera launches a floating camera that allows you to view your current location from the air.
-Dolls are faster than walking and can transform to Chariot Form, which is even faster.
-Flying with your Doll lets you find otherwise inaccessible areas.
-Dolls can only be used by selected Blade personnel.

Lifeforms:
-Nopon are traders who live in caravans.
-The blue guy with the horns is called Lu Sylphe. He sells the Nopon his artwork and is interested in history.
-The little guys with the big floppy ears are Ma Non. They are a pacifistic and technologically advanced species that isn't native to Mira. The huge spaceship at 21:34 is one of theirs. They love pizza.
-The guys with the masks and the big guns are a violent non-native race called the Baias. They intend to kill all humans.

-There's also an announcement for a Xenoblade X Wii U bundle and an ad for Xenoblade 3D, "the story of a heroic nopon and his friends".

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

Well, in that case, I hope he breaks his neck arm again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OnimaruXLR posted:

Everything looks completely awesome apart from a couple of derpy faces and I could not be more hyped for this game.

.....Which is a really loving bad sign.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Doc V posted:

-The little guys with the big floppy ears are Ma Non. They are a pacifistic and technologically advanced species that isn't native to Mira. The huge spaceship at 21:34 is one of theirs. They love pizza.
GOTY

...also I'm glad there's a bundle because I was gonna buy a Wii U just for this game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Do we know anything about how levels/character growth work in this? That's the main question I've got right now

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Do we know anything about how levels/character growth work in this? That's the main question I've got right now

We know that there is going to be a class system, at least for the main character. You can switch to different classes once your level is high enough, and most equipment requires you to be at a certain level to equip, probably to prevent your buddies in co-op session from giving you endgame level equipment from the getgo. This was all given out in the Treehouse demo last year iirc.

Also someone is translating the video more indepth, if you care to see

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vCR9angO2tnBbvogSoSL_uxHKxgbUUPNisy3ce91Bbo/pub

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Sakurazuka posted:

Everything looks completely awesome apart from a couple of derpy faces and I could not be more hyped for this game.

.....Which is a really loving bad sign.

Those faces do look pretty bad but that was present in xenoblade chronicles. The Wii probably hid the stupid faces better with its non HD graphics. Thank God there's a character creation option so that we can go full idiot mode.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silvain posted:

Those faces do look pretty bad but that was present in xenoblade chronicles. The Wii probably hid the stupid faces better with its non HD graphics. Thank God there's a character creation option so that we can go full idiot mode.

It was the fact that XB had a different character designer that made the faces better, though the Wii might have helped.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
It's the artist. The artist does overly anime poo poo designs that they try to replicate realistically and it looks like poo poo. It's like, the one huge negative the game has. So far.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Champeenship posted:

Looks like the bundle of the game also comes with a pre-paid eShop card, so there possibly may be DLC.

Also that box artwork looks pretty drat good.

Wii U bundle is just a plain black Wii U? that's depressing and mostly kills my hopes for a sweet Xenoblade Wii U bundle here. :(

I'm still going to buy any US Xenoblade X Wii U bundle, because this is the main reason I held off on buying a Wii U, but I still hope for one with a cool design like the Wind Waker bundle had.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If they didn't make a special edition Wii U for SSB, they're not making one for a jRPG that NOA probably doesn't even expect to sell that well.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wrong, they'll make a bundle (and manufacture eight of them, four of which will be sold at Nintendo World and the other four of which will be flipped on Ebay by Gamestop managers)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Box art is pretty:

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
So the info for the pre-load on the Japanese eShop says a few things:

- 4-player online quests
- 32-player passive online for exchanging items and info
- USB keyboard support
- 720p

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Champeenship posted:

So the info for the pre-load on the Japanese eShop says a few things:

- 4-player online quests
- 32-player passive online for exchanging items and info
- USB keyboard support
- 720p

Oh my god.
This is Phantasy Star Online.
Oh my god.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
720p? :/

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kurtofan posted:

Box art is pretty:

Checkout that robot cockpit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NTT posted:

Given the scope of the game, what were you expecting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

NTT posted:

Super Mario 3D World and Bayonetta 2 were both 720p too and they look fine. As long as it can keep a consistent framerate I'm not too bothered, the environments are still gonna look fantastic and the characters are still gonna look terrible

• Locked thread