Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I am looking to hire somebody to take a look at my thread for my business in SA-Mart and rewrite (or redesign if you think the graphics need work too) the text in the thread.

Please email me patrick at yourfinancetracker.com or PM Me if you are interested, have questions, and have a portfolio to show me.

Here is the thread in question: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3286519

I will have future work as well if this works out

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klaivu
Aug 29, 2006

"... Mother?"

Professor Shark posted:

Are you still active, klaivu? If you are, do you have a website where I can look at portrait work and ask you about giving you money for portrait work?

Sure, but I only check this thread rarely. I have a site up at http://www.munportfolio.com

Not a lot of portrait work there, but it's not that different from the stuff I do.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Just letting people know that some time ago Rocketpig made this rockin' portrait of one of our cats for me (I used it as part of a birthday gift for my wife).

[I added the background]

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

A little late, but Asylum Years did some good work for me, tossed out a few concepts for covers and worked on the ones I really liked. Ay Plus, would Goon again.

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

I may wish to buy a logo at some point.

However, I hate the idea of starting an SA-Mart thread, asking for a logo. Multiple designers end up working for free, and only one of them gets paid. This doesn't seem fair at all.

I would prefer to work the other way around: I wish to look at various designers' portfolios, choose a designer, then pay him or her for a logo design. (Whether I end up using the logo or not. The designer should be paid for his/her time, and good-faith effort.)

Should I start a thread in SA-Mart describing this desire, or is there an existing directory of goon logo designers?

(This very thread may be the place. If true, I will click all of the links in this thread.)

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Captain Pike posted:

However, I hate the idea of starting an SA-Mart thread, asking for a logo. Multiple designers end up working for free, and only one of them gets paid. This doesn't seem fair at all.

I would prefer to work the other way around: I wish to look at various designers' portfolios, choose a designer, then pay him or her for a logo design. (Whether I end up using the logo or not. The designer should be paid for his/her time, and good-faith effort.)

Should I start a thread in SA-Mart describing this desire, or is there an existing directory of goon logo designers?

(This very thread may be the place. If true, I will click all of the links in this thread.)

You're in the right place. SA MART Threads are usually for "spec" work, which is what you described as people working for free. In here you either dig through the thread and find someone and or solicit for people to send you/post their portfolio and rates/etc.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
There's nothing wrong with posting a thread there asking people to submit their portfolio for consideration and then commissioning one artist to make your thing. It's also much wiser from a client viewpoint because doing spec work you inevitably hedge your bets and try to minimize the risk by not investing too much work as it might go to waste. By commission you get the artist engaged to perform to their best ability and most probably they'd work more than what the job is "worth".
There are a couple of threads by dudes who offer art related work on the SA-Mart and you can filter posts by "art" to find them I think.

This thread is good for finding dudes and also cross posting your commission request, please read the rules/op for either option.

hth

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Captain Pike posted:

I just made a post in this thread about what I wanted and ended up with a really great logo for a really great price from Phylodox.

madsketcher.
Sep 20, 2011
I am offering my unique brand of art/design for donations: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640970

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I do some website work and I'm looking for a graphic designer I can establish a long term relationship with. Basically someone I can call on every so often to whip up a logo or an icon or something relatively quickly.

A freelancer who is usually available during UK business hours would be ideal.

If you might be interested please PM me with some details and a rough quote for a basic logo design. :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I have two things currently:
https://www.creativehomeportraits.com
This is my website for house portraits- they make really great housewarming gifts. Here's an example:

And this is my personal art website:
https://www.jleonardart.com
I mostly do comic book type stuff- so if you would like to commission me for something let me know.
And here's an example of my other work:

PS: If you let me know you're a goon, I'll give you a discount on a house portrait.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
:siren: MAKE SOME ART, GET SOME :10bux: :siren:

I have specific artistic needs for a themed gag gift. Easy gig!

• Draw me a pin-up girl style image (details below)
  • Get :10bux:

But there is a catch. I don't want just any pinup image.
Instead of women, I want you to draw an alien from District 9 (Google "District 9") in a "pinup girl / centerfold girl" style.
The idea is that instead of aliens lusting after our women, the aliens have the idea that WE want THEIR women.

So in short, just as a visual example of what I want:

Line drawing, sketch, cartoony, silhouette, magazine-ad style, it's your choice. Tone can be goofy, (mock)serious, whatever you want. Black and white, color, it's up to you. gently caress, even (especially) pixel art would be good. As long as it's a District 9 (or close enough) alien as a pinup girl, I'm happy.

I need a handful of them so here's how to do this:
1. Go ahead and draw something up (no need to get in touch with me first, if you are reading this you are GOOD TO GO)
2. Post the image here (easiest) or email it to me at rb@aeinnovations.com instead.
3. I'll pay :10bux: for every single one until I say STOP. (If you're making more than one please mix it up in some way)

Payment is either via paypal, or I can buy you something from your Steam wishlist worth about the same.

The sooner the better, so don't delay!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Mister Sinewave posted:

:siren: MAKE SOME ART, GET SOME :10bux: :siren:

I have specific artistic needs for a themed gag gift. Easy gig!

• Draw me a pin-up girl style image (details below)
  • Get :10bux:

But there is a catch. I don't want just any pinup image.
Instead of women, I want you to draw an alien from District 9 (Google "District 9") in a "pinup girl / centerfold girl" style.
The idea is that instead of aliens lusting after our women, the aliens have the idea that WE want THEIR women.

So in short, just as a visual example of what I want:

Line drawing, sketch, cartoony, silhouette, magazine-ad style, it's your choice. Tone can be goofy, (mock)serious, whatever you want. Black and white, color, it's up to you. gently caress, even (especially) pixel art would be good. As long as it's a District 9 (or close enough) alien as a pinup girl, I'm happy.

I need a handful of them so here's how to do this:
1. Go ahead and draw something up (no need to get in touch with me first, if you are reading this you are GOOD TO GO)
2. Post the image here (easiest) or email it to me at rb@aeinnovations.com instead.
3. I'll pay :10bux: for every single one until I say STOP. (If you're making more than one please mix it up in some way)

Payment is either via paypal, or I can buy you something from your Steam wishlist worth about the same.

The sooner the better, so don't delay!

Unless you pay me $10 your post is for spec work and is against the rules!!!!

GIVE ME MONEY!!! PM me for my paypal!!!!!!!!!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I question your desire for sexy prawns. Question greatly.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

kedo posted:

Unless you pay me $10 your post is for spec work and is against the rules!!!!

Definitely not spec work and I'll in fact gladly fork over $10 for yours but in return I consider the "minimalist" approach's vacancy to be all filled up, which I think is reasonable :angel:

WarpedNaba posted:

I question your desire for sexy prawns. Question greatly.

Ahem the correct term I believe is fookin prawns :colbert:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mister Sinewave posted:

Definitely not spec work and I'll in fact gladly fork over $10 for yours but in return I consider the "minimalist" approach's vacancy to be all filled up, which I think is reasonable :angel:

Ahem the correct term I believe is fookin prawns :colbert:

You cheeky monkey. Luckily I saw the post before you edited it.

For all aspiring ten-bux-havers, your wealthy patron will return in six short hours. Also since he can't say "ok stop", he doesn't have to pay if someone posts a dozen drawings while he's on probation (I thought of this because it's exactly what I'd do.)

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I miscommunicated somehow. Spec work - asking people to work in any way without paying for their time in return - is offensive bullshit that doesn't have a place in non-douchebag transactions. Work (including work that doesn't get used) gets paid.

Anyway, things got wrapped up last night so we're done here. I only got the one bite (:10bux: is waiting on your payment info) which I suspect was a gag submission in itself, but I still used it. The "bathroom stall scrawl" look very much fit the spirit of the gag gift.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Are you for real dude because I just finished this.
I don't normally even get out of bed for $10, but hey.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Sorry for the clunky wrapup. I will cut open the package and re-pack it happily to insert that drawing :10bux::hf::)

If anyone else is wrapping something up, post it and PM me your payment info (e: or steam account & wishlist) and we'll settle up!

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 4, 2014

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
My schedule is opening up in January so I'm looking to book some freelance gigs: Commissions, storyboards, cartoons, graphic designs, etc.

I can do character illustrations, environment designs, sequential storytelling (i.e. comics and storyboards), concept design, etc. I also offer my services as a creative consultant, editor, and "script doctor."

Here's a quick character illustration I did for a PbP game that's going on over in Trad Games:

You can see more examples of my work on my website: https://www.emasson.com along with contact information.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
Hello all! I am a Dallas/Austin local videographer, editor and PA that's always looking for work! I have over five years experience in the film industry, so really I'm just startin out, and would love to help on whatever projects I can! My film reel can be viewed below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loX02FCuISM

And my portfolio can be viewed here:

https://zach-mcclure.squarespace.com/

You can contact me on that website, or at zacharymcclure2012@gmail.com

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hey there thread! I'm a digital painter and illustrator. I do portraits of people, critters, landscapes, your MMO characters, and whatever else you might want a portrait of. All I need is a decent picture or screenshot and I can turn out a pretty neat digital painting. I really love doing dark stuff.

My portfolio website is https://www.oleary.ink and I've got a few weirder things over at https://www.scrimshankergods.com. You can email me from my site or send me a message here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 21, 2015

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Good news for writers in need of an editor. I've just launched Bookside Manner, my fiction editing service.

I provide proofreading, copyediting, and line editing for books of all genres.

For my rates and qualifications, and for testimonials from past clients, visit: http://www.booksidemanner.com

Questions? Drop me a line at booksidemanner@gmail.com

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

I need a painting/drawing done. It's a portrait of two people with a lap dog sitting on a couch. I'm open to different styles including watercolor, pen and ink, oil whatever floats your boat and fits the budget. Trying to keep it under $100 before shipping and need it sooner rather than later. Let me know if you have the time to do it and I'll check out your portfolio.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
PM sent.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
I am in desperate need of a photographer in the Santa Fe area to shoot 3-4 garments on mannequins in either late January or February. Professional rates. PM me for details.

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
edit wrong thread

zelgadis fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 11, 2015

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

I stumbled across the sketchmob site and had the idea of having a friend drawn as his favorite warhammer 40k character for his birthday. Then it occurred to me I'd much rather have it done here. I however have no idea what kind of prices would be charged for something like this. Would 30-40$ be reasonable? Or am I way of?
(edit: forgot to add it would need to be in high enough of a resolution so I could print it. Not sure about the size...nothing special though)

Grogsy fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 19, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Grogsy posted:

I stumbled across the sketchmob site and had the idea of having a friend drawn as his favorite warhammer 40k character for his birthday. Then it occurred to me I'd much rather have it done here. I however have no idea what kind of prices would be charged for something like this. Would 30-40$ be reasonable? Or am I way of?

That depends. "Drawn" is kind of a vague term. Did you mean a sketch? A caricature? A cartoon? Do you have anything you can point to and say, "Something like this"?

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Phylodox posted:

That depends. "Drawn" is kind of a vague term. Did you mean a sketch? A caricature? A cartoon? Do you have anything you can point to and say, "Something like this"?

To be honest, no. I know very little about these things. In fact if you asked me to explain what exactly the above three terms mean I would not be able to. Which is why I'm glad you provided the fourth option. I see you've worked with people who are new at this before :)

For example here is the character I was referencing on a book cover.

Here is the same character but the style is a bit different

There are more descriptions and images if you google him (eisenhorn)

And after googling some fantasy portraits...

Any of the above 4 styles would be very good, as would anything similar.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A fully painted commission like that would run hundreds of dollars.

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

mutata posted:

A fully painted commission like that would run hundreds of dollars.

Well now I know, thanks for the info :)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, something like that would take...well, it would take me maybe seven to twelve hours. At $20/hr that'd be $140-$240. For $40-$50 you'd probably get something more along the lines of a good sketch or a more cartoonish drawing like these:

Maybe with some colour added, but nothing fancy.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I'm looking for a 3D sculptor to create a sculpt out of an owl picture I took. Read on if interested...

I am an avid bird photographer who also loves to paint models. My eventual goal is to get better at digital sculpting and produce my own 3D-printed, life-size replicas of the birds I take pictures of and paint them up, but I have not been progressing very quickly in sculpting skill so I'd like to pay someone to complete that part so I can have the thing 3D printed and painted.

Specifics:
-- realism is obviously very important (as true to the photo as is possible)
-- high level of detail is necessary (ie. not just rough shape but feather details etc)
-- model has to be 3D printable
-- a zbrush file at the end would be preferred

The subject:

I have lots of reference shots taken at different angles I can provide. The owl is approximately 6" high.

I honestly don't know what a non-insulting amount is for something like this. I am thinking of somewhere around $250 US. If you are interested or want to laugh/yell at me please contact me via PM or at colquhoun@gmail.com

ljw1004
Jan 18, 2005

rum
I'd like to commission a painting, about 12" by 12", oil on wood.

The style should be similar to this:

That's to say: I want you to paint about 10 lines of computer source code in a style that looks old-fashioned and idiosyncratic and "manual", not too technological. Freehand lettering would be fine. Or you could use a stencil (like I presume the above sign was done with) so long as the stencil looks interesting enough and idiosyncratic enough. And not cheesy (not a wild west font, for instance!)

The actual text I want you to print is one of these two, with roughly these colors:

I'm open to suggestions e.g. if you think it would work better with something other than oil, or on something other than wood, or if you think light or dark work better, or if it should be a different size, or ideas on how you'd do the background. My guess is that this should cost about $150 including postage based on about $20/hr, but that too is up for discussion. Please PM me if you're interested.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, so I apologize.

I'm trying to get a better understanding of what I would need for putting together a simple website for my father's business. He runs a small independent motel. I'm envisioning a simple landing page with contact information, a picture or two of the property, some simple driving directions, and maybe a description of local attractions.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

ZentraediElite posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, so I apologize.

I'm trying to get a better understanding of what I would need for putting together a simple website for my father's business. He runs a small independent motel. I'm envisioning a simple landing page with contact information, a picture or two of the property, some simple driving directions, and maybe a description of local attractions.

COBOL would be the place to put this question, but honestly for what you're talking about you should just go with someone like Square Space.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
INCORRECT THREAD, FIRED.

unbuttonedclone fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 3, 2015

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I would like to pay somebody money to make a logo for a company which sells beard products. It would be a portrait of a mad monk with a beard-- basically shooting for Rasputin meets the Zig-Zag guy. If you're interested, shoot me a PM or email me at BRUrban@gmail.com with portfolio/previous work and a quote. You can also post in the thread, but I'll probably be slower to respond. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer
We're looking for 2d art goons to do environment art and character portraits for a space strategy game called Lord of Rigel.

The art style we're aiming for is something similar to Master of Orion 2, but updated to modern resolutions.

ex.

If interested please e-mail me at: adamr@rhombus-studios.net with a portfolio and quote for a standard rate for such work. I'll likely be much slower responding here or through PM.

We have a galaxy generator demo for PC, Mac, and Linux that we've released that should give a sense of the direction we're going with the project.