Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm probably grasping at straws here, but I've had issues with World of Tanks as of several weeks ago. I've been working with wargaming.net to resolve the issue, and as far as we were able to determine, the problem is either with my connection, or something in my ISP's network. Problem is, the other online game I'm in works fine (EVE Online), Netflix works, browsing works, etc... so my ISP's tech support is at a loss about what is going on. It's just World of Tanks giving me issues.

Said issue is that WoT will be unresponsive to WASD key presses, or will respond as though I kept pressing one of those keys, making my tank uncontrollably advance, back off, or spin in place. The targeting reticle will also not follow my tank's gun (and turret where applicable), instead lagging behind. I guess what I'm asking is, have any of you guys experienced issues like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

It sounds like that guy is from an Italian dumpster but then again most of Italy might as well be Libya

If he was Italian, he probably would have at least spelled "ciao" correctly ;)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Daler Mehndi posted:

I'm probably grasping at straws here, but I've had issues with World of Tanks as of several weeks ago. I've been working with wargaming.net to resolve the issue, and as far as we were able to determine, the problem is either with my connection, or something in my ISP's network. Problem is, the other online game I'm in works fine (EVE Online), Netflix works, browsing works, etc... so my ISP's tech support is at a loss about what is going on. It's just World of Tanks giving me issues.

Said issue is that WoT will be unresponsive to WASD key presses, or will respond as though I kept pressing one of those keys, making my tank uncontrollably advance, back off, or spin in place. The targeting reticle will also not follow my tank's gun (and turret where applicable), instead lagging behind. I guess what I'm asking is, have any of you guys experienced issues like this?

Yes this has happened to me twice. Both times I needed to change the battery in my keyboard.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

NotWearingPants posted:

Yes this has happened to me twice. Both times I needed to change the battery in my keyboard.
I don't have a wireless keyboard but you make a very good point. It's a Logitech keyboard, and my mouse is Logitech as well. My keyboard's not been working that well lately, but I didn't feel concerned because it was only those extra buttons at the top you can apply shortcuts to (like 'Mail' or 'Internet Search' or 'Calculator' and such). Time to look for a replacement and see if that changes anything.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

WitchFetish posted:

To anyone who thinks the EU server is populated by actual human beings...

hahahaha. this morning after some idiot suicided at the start and declared 'I did my job at least'. I told him he was an idiot and after the battle got this -
http://oi58.tinypic.com/4g5duq.jpg

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Daler Mehndi posted:

I don't have a wireless keyboard but you make a very good point. It's a Logitech keyboard, and my mouse is Logitech as well. My keyboard's not been working that well lately, but I didn't feel concerned because it was only those extra buttons at the top you can apply shortcuts to (like 'Mail' or 'Internet Search' or 'Calculator' and such). Time to look for a replacement and see if that changes anything.

Update the drivers? Try a 10 dolla microsoft keyboard?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Scout: the one medal you get by being an idiot shitfuck and contributing nothing of value to the team.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

If he was Italian, he probably would have at least spelled "ciao" correctly ;)

Uhhh I don't think you understand the internet

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Fat Jesus posted:

hahahaha. this morning after some idiot suicided at the start and declared 'I did my job at least'. I told him he was an idiot and after the battle got this -
http://oi58.tinypic.com/4g5duq.jpg

This is exactly why Scout needs to be removed and a medal for assist damage added.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Magres posted:

This is exactly why Scout needs to be removed and a medal for assist damage added.

Patrol Duty?

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
:siren: Attn goons: Please join my superior ultimate tanks tournament team!!

Including rocko and Slim Jim, we have three total. Teams are 4v4, with two reserves. And we're going to need those reserve slots filled, since it looks like so far everyone's going to miss a day. More info on the tourney here.

Password to join the team is the same as the password for the in-game Goons chat channel.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Valle posted:

Had a game on Windstorm in the M53/55. West spawn. See a T-54 in northern part of middle. And another one. Hmm...check team list...they're platooned, with a Patton as the third. Hang on...aim...aim...patton is lit with them...AIM FASTER DAMNIT COME ON COME ON *click* YESSS! Damage 3 tanks with 1 shell, get!

That feeling man...

What is best in life Conan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkSFIWzi7aA

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 7, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Fat Jesus posted:

Update the drivers? Try a 10 dolla microsoft keyboard?

What he said, try another keyboard and see if you still have the same issues.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
So I am in Karelia south spawn in my 110, and EVERYONE, EVERY SINGLE TANK goes southwest. I spawned closest and am the furthest from the other flank. I ping the COMPLETELY empty flank for like 6 seconds so this IS 6 yells at me to go there myself even though I am the furthest tank from that side and also a heavy who will both take forever to get there and belongs right where I am. I point this out and the IS 6 just bitches and moans at me for not going myself as if I didn't explain why. They take a total of 2 shots for no damage and I wind up with 2nd most XP. FFS

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Illegal Carrot posted:

:siren: Attn goons: Please join my superior ultimate tanks tournament team!!

Including rocko and Slim Jim, we have three total. Teams are 4v4, with two reserves. And we're going to need those reserve slots filled, since it looks like so far everyone's going to miss a day. More info on the tourney here.

Password to join the team is the same as the password for the in-game Goons chat channel.

I have joined in spite of being confused and disturbed by the Twilight thing.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Fat Jesus posted:

I have joined in spite of being confused and disturbed by the Twilight thing.

I joined because I want to TK Slim after we win our matches.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

just how!?!??!, i do a HAM scout run in my SU and get top on team with 0 damage (thanks jpanther mantlets). Is this what its like to be the very embodiment of shitler and get rewarded?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
It doesn't happen all the time AV, but it happens sometimes.

And sometimes makes it rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD3BIPOls2Y

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 7, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

demonR6 posted:

I joined because I want to TK Slim after we win our matches.

I think Slim is safe.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Hi Rossmum, I heard you wanted kawaii Comet tank waifus. Unfortunately I couldn't find you any. As condolences, please have this IS2:

quote:

And my favourite heavy tank, the glorious IS-2! With Laya commanding, Tigers and Panthers fall behind its mighty 122mm D-25T! If the AP doesn't penetrate, it will certainly spall the armour~

Translation by :iconrussianfoxey: "You'll get a kick straight to Berlin, Fritz!"

Tank name is "For Leningrad!"

And this lovely lady. I forget what she is but I'm sure she can be identified by someone with more tank fu than I.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Here are some KV1s and KV2s.

Anime personification ("gijinka") of a KV1.

Pony tank commander.

Sexy tank teacher.

KV2 with a dragon for scale.

uguu

Ponies AND humans piloting tank???

7 :nws: for nipple

quote:

Tankmorph baby. KV2 father, Corrupted Human mother.

more uguu

I hope this has been an educational interlude.

e: And here is my own contribution:

KV-1 is slow.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Here are some KV1s and KV2s.

Anime personification ("gijinka") of a KV1.

Pony tank commander.

Sexy tank teacher.

KV2 with a dragon for scale.

uguu

Ponies AND humans piloting tank???

7 :nws: for nipple

more uguu

I hope this has been an educational interlude.

e: And here is my own contribution:

KV-1 is slow.

Oh it certainly was. Way to prove you're a pedo.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 7, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

The Southern Dandy posted:

Oh it certainly has. Way to prove you're a pedo.

Hey, she told me she was born in 1939, that makes her at least 18.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

This person exists.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

She's only 11 in tank years you monster.

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs
Just bought the Pak40 to grind a 13 90 crew.
This thing is stupid OP?

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Hi Rossmum, I heard you wanted kawaii Comet tank waifus. Unfortunately I couldn't find you any. As condolences, please have this IS2:

And this lovely lady. I forget what she is but I'm sure she can be identified by someone with more tank fu than I.

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/22/armoured-persona-contest-ht-community-choice-poll-results/

only on SEA

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

slowm posted:

Just bought the Pak40 to grind a 13 90 crew.
This thing is stupid OP?

It is until you get a tier 5 match on some poo poo map like Mountain Pass where you're too slow to do anything fun and too vulnerable to do anything useful..

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I am often pleasantly surprised at how many anthro tanks are just walking blobs with gun turrets for boobs, rather than 10-year-old girls. The lesser of two evils.

I'm not sure what the ratio is with warplanes as I've not checked but I'm willing to guess the anime content is higher because of uhhh Striker Witches? Whatever that show was anyway. :stonk:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Oh Jesus gently caress why would they encourage this! :cripes:

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Alright, we have our six. Thanks for everyone who signed up. If you're on the team, check out my post in the PANSY thread.

Also, what tank lineup does everyone think would work best?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Oh Jesus gently caress why would they encourage this! :cripes:

It's worth it just to see this win 7500 gold;

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

LostCosmonaut posted:

It's worth it just to see this win 7500 gold;

I would have voted for this too.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I am not sure if I should be grateful or angry that my flat has such a low ceiling.

e: the trick answer is neither because I just realised all the light fixtures are flush with it anyway!

e2: help I am illiterate today

rossmum fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 7, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I almost hate unlocking new tanks anymore, because I can't seem to get to work for me. Got the 110 unlocked and I can't do anything with it. Wish I hadn't used my free xp to unlock the turret faster.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The 110 doesn't really come into its own until it's fully upgraded. Back when it was new you could abuse the pre-nerf HEAT but even then it wasn't that great in the stock config.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Well, since I have been dealing with the most amazing dredges of pubbie intelligence tonight, at least something good came out of it.

It is great to be an arty player. Best way to piss off your team. Also, my team was one less a tier 10 compared to the enemy team. We also had a tiger h, awful panther, and a 13 75 platooned together. Thus, we were down a bunch of firepower/hp pool over the enemy team. The leo killed happened very early which allowed my team to refocus back to the proper issue of winning the match. Thank god they did that.

A few games earlier, this happened too:

Baby's first mark :3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

And still neither of us completed a mission :suicide:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

:fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

PirateBob posted:

Hahahahaha.

One of the best things about playing WOWS on the NA server was getting away from the illiterate shitheads who play from a dumpster in Moldova.

BR??
BR!!!???
Olá BR!!!!
BR!!??
Bom dia BR!!!????

etc etc...