Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
daniels has a case of the spins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flippy poo poo wins.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
this nieky fight is owning so far + he has really nice hair

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Yuriy posted:

this nieky fight is owning so far + he has really nice hair

NIEKY HAIRZKEN

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Setcurenko is throwing a lot of leg kicks with his guard up but it looks like zero power behind them. I'm not sure if he's too hurt to open up or just trying to conserve energy.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

yoooo this schilling fight, that ginger can take a loving punch

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
this is a crazy brawl so far

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
welp

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I was looking up Schilling on Wikipedia. He might have one of the funniest boxing records.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
There's a rumour that Viacom are going to be buying Glory. I'm not sure I buy it since it's not exactly doing well on TV and they gain nothing from buying it, but Kevin Kay apparently really wants these crossover events and there's definitely something going on behind the scenes.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Kevin Kay believes Bellator is a viable competitor to the UFC.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
The ratings are doing well compared to Bellator I think. Bellator averages like ~750k viewers when it isn't a circus show of a card and Glory is doing ~500k. I dunno what kind of money they're sinking into Glory already but it can't possibly come close to whatever they paid Tito Ortiz let alone the rest of the Bellator roster.

The problem I see is MMA is a mostly trashy entertainment and attracts the demographic Spike wants so it already fits with their programming while kickboxing is a gentleman's sport and might be too classy for American audiences. Viacom purchasing Glory would be a good thing for the company but it wouldn't be long before Rico Verhoeven is hitting people with fake hammers.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

kickboxing is a gentleman's sport and might be too classy for American audiences.

what

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
i was kidding. Well, sort of. Glory has done a good job of presenting kickboxing as a sport rather than something that should come on after Cops or Tattoo Whores or video game awards or whatever junky TV they air on Spike all the time. Viacom probably wouldn't mess with Glory too much but I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it a little more towards pro wrestling & reality TV, like they did with Bellator.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it a little more towards pro wrestling

people in holland keep seriously saying that glory are trying to get dos caras jr to fight in kickboxing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bubba Smith posted:

i was kidding. Well, sort of. Glory has done a good job of presenting kickboxing as a sport rather than something that should come on after Cops or Tattoo Whores or video game awards or whatever junky TV they air on Spike all the time. Viacom probably wouldn't mess with Glory too much but I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it a little more towards pro wrestling & reality TV, like they did with Bellator.

Did you not see the video packages for the Zimmerman/Verhoeven rematch on the last show? That was straight up pro wrestling match booking.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

The problem I see is MMA is a mostly trashy entertainment and attracts the demographic Spike wants so it already fits with their programming while kickboxing is a gentleman's sport and might be too classy for American audiences.

lol

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

Wrestling legend Bill Goldberg in talks for GLORY fight

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Lion Fights is on AXS.tv tonight at 9 PM ET

muay thai yall

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

StephanBonnar posted:

Bas Boon just asked me to fight fot Glory. Three 3 min rounds no wrestling? Hmmmm...

I really hope the endpoint of this is someone talking Tito into a Glory match

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
God yes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think I just watched a guy die on Lionfights.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
They hooked him up to an IV after the KO.

https://vine.co/v/OQWhxPHzI51

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:pwn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dLtPOuwL_M&t=23s

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

RIP to that guy

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

That event looked really fun. Keep posting those bitches.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

spong returned to combat sports today, not kickboxing but boxing against a 7-35-6 hungarian

he ktfo'd him and you can see it here

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/6/8164149/tyrone-spong-knocks-out-boxing-opponent-in-return-to-combat-sports

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Good for him, im glad.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

people in holland keep seriously saying that glory are trying to get dos caras jr to fight in kickboxing

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2953231

quote:

Just listening to a pro wrestling podcast (mlw radio) and Court Bauer who represents Alberto Del Rio mentioned a huge fight for June in Glory. Assuming this will be ADR fighting for Glory.

Lol.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

amazing

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
why

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
The other rumor is that Bill Goldberg has been offered a fight with Glory and that Goldberg might face Alberto in the ring

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

LobsterMobster posted:

The other rumor is that Bill Goldberg has been offered a fight with Glory and that Goldberg might face Alberto in the ring

Dear god, please give us this fight or at least release Cro Cop from his UFC deal so he can fight Alberto again

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Court Bauer is saying Glory wants either Bill Goldberg, Jose Canseco, or 7 foot tall Serbian basketball player Darko Milicic for his opponent

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qb_yWeBDPI

god drat Kevin Ross got sliced up quick

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

The slicing was almost an afterthought, that jumping elbow had him rubber-legged

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Sergei Lascenko got shot in the Ukraine and is dead now. rip.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

vainman posted:

Sergei Lascenko got shot in the Ukraine and is dead now. rip.

the most surprising thing about this is that i doubt the dutch are involved

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Kickboxing loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Yuriy posted:

the most surprising thing about this is that i doubt the dutch are involved

i think a lot of people reading the news assume it was just something innocent and unfortunate related to the fighting in ukraine but it was a drive-by, so it belongs on the board imo. rip fat sergei jr :(