Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Uhhh, actually what that says is "I don't believe I did anything wrong but Riot gets to make the rules and I should have obeyed them even if they're dumb" and "I know me breaking the rules made me a liability." There's basically nothing in there that translates to him feeling bad about his actual actions at all, just him realizing that he was shooting himself in the foot.

"I agree with players as role models" and "I don't believe I did anything wrong" aren't the same things, and most of his recent activity - for example, his opinion on Rekkles and Tabbz he posted online - has been by most accounts constructive and reasonable. Given that we haven't heard anything about him being toxic recently - and he got fined for being toxic above and beyond others and ignoring initial orders to stop, so we would've heard about it if he was back at it again - I'm inclined to believe that he's gotten at least nominally better. Better isn't the same as being good and he's probably still a jerk compared to other players who are more chill, but he doesn't seem to be near the level of "most reported/toxic in the entire LCS" which is improvement.

Edit: And he's still way ahead of Svenskaren, AKA the openly racist player who got in trouble and probably cost SK a chance to get out of groups last Worlds. I honestly think they should've benched him for that, cause that is absolutely unacceptable and shouldn't be allowed. Compared to that "is a big dick" is kind of whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

"I agree with players as role models" and "I don't believe I did anything wrong" aren't the same things, and most of his recent activity - for example, his opinion on Rekkles and Tabbz he posted online - has been by most accounts constructive and reasonable. Given that we haven't heard anything about him being toxic recently - and he got fined for being toxic above and beyond others and ignoring initial orders to stop, so we would've heard about it if he was back at it again - I'm inclined to believe that he's gotten at least nominally better. Better isn't the same as being good and he's probably still a jerk compared to other players who are more chill, but he doesn't seem to be near the level of "most reported/toxic in the entire LCS" which is improvement.

Edit: And he's still way ahead of Svenskaren, AKA the openly racist player who got in trouble and probably cost SK a chance to get out of groups last Worlds. I honestly think they should've benched him for that, cause that is absolutely unacceptable and shouldn't be allowed. Compared to that "is a big dick" is kind of whatever.

Okay you know that he can't come out and say "I'm not actually sorry" right? Like he has to bullshit a little bit or Riot will get mad. Based on what he says there, I do not believe he has gotten any nicer, just that he's gotten smarter. He's not toxic anymore because it had negative consequences for him, not because he suddenly feels bad about calling people worthless in solo queue. If he was actually sorry he might like, mention something about it, not milquetoast "I don't think it was unjustified" stuff.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I bet it physically hurts people like Iwilldominate to keep it on the inside. I think it is kind of funnier that way.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Invalid Validation posted:

I bet it physically hurts people like Iwilldominate to keep it on the inside. I think it is kind of funnier that way.
Maybe he's been taking tips from Xpecial on how to be just passive aggressive enough to not be punished for it

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

I mean, good. Part of becoming an adult. Plenty of people think poisonous, horrible poo poo all the time, but you keep a lid on it. One of the things I missed from the SC and SC 2 pro scene was the generally high level of restraint, sportsmanship and respect the various players displayed, whatever they might be like in private. I'm glad Riot is doing their best to cultivate that kind of atmosphere for League.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Skippy McPants posted:

I mean, good. Part of becoming an adult. Plenty of people think poisonous, horrible poo poo all the time, but you keep a lid on it. One of the things I missed from the SC and SC 2 pro scene was the generally high level of restraint, sportsmanship and respect the various players displayed, whatever they might be like in private. I'm glad Riot is doing their best to cultivate that kind of atmosphere for League.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I haven't had the time to catch up on LPL yet but it looks like the second place team is the one who grabbed two random Koreans with no pro experience, while Spirit is on a sinking ship in dead last. :lol:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Spirit please replace toilet

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

PawN is playing Veigar mid which looks like it could be a troll pick but he's one of the best midlaners in the world so it's probably terrifying.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
This whole racial sensitivity thing is something especially Americans (most people reading this) grow up with, but even then go back ten years on SA and try telling someone not to "ironically" talk about niggers. You were a human being and perceived threat to free speech online. Just because somebody says dumb poo poo doesn't mean they literally mean it, which doesn't make it acceptable. Could still use your best judgment in whether Svenskeren, naming his LoL account "Taipeichingchong" acted in malice because of his hatred towards Asian people. I, uhh, that's loving stupid to even think of.

mushi posted:

I feel like people mellow out with age because teenagers are dumb as gently caress.

Yeah looking at an eighteen year old who has a sizable likelihood of never knowing a single non-white person growing up, or a Greek dude who still seems socially challenged (but much improved), and jotting them down as literally evil people who need to be hated and punished from year to year, it confuses me. Making them into villains of a storyline or just rooting against them, who could blame you, but sometimes it looks like it's a bit more than that on these boards. At some point you start losing the moral high ground with that. It gets worse if you look at some other cesspools online and it's just not reasonable.

e: In other news, Nintendude is taking a break for obvious health reasons :(

Ihki fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 7, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I've been posting on SA for over 10 years and it's crazy that in that time it's gone from the place on the internet I was most likely to find completely out of context racial/sexual slurs into the place on the internet I was most likely to find people white knighting against any kind of prejudice.

Champions is about to start. I've been cranking tequila and energy drinks for a few hours so I'm definitely ready for at least this first best of three before I go to bed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The difference between a one hour Korean game and a one hour EU game is night/day. There's so much drama in this CJ/Jin Air game. The baron buffed Jin Air with a super strong Kalista vs the 5 Dragon CJ with a supertank Maokai.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Don't spoil it for anyone watching tomorrow. I need to go to bed but this game has been going on forever. I still don't know who is going to win even though both teams have been on death's door like 10 times. Game 1 of Jin Air/CJ Entus is definitely worth watching.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is this real life

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The 80 minute battle has concluded.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Korea so competitive, they make people take notes even on how to stall games.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

726, Coco setting the CS record beating the last record by RobertxLee's record of 719

Transient People posted:

Korea so competitive, they make people take notes even on how to stall games.
The reason why EU games are so drat long is because no one knows how to close a game and wander around lost in the jungle farming with 6 items.

Korean games are only long because nobody is making any mistakes at all.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Good night dudes. I'll have to catch the rest of these tomorrow. That last one was just an insane endurance trial.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
80 minutes and they only managed to kill each other 22 times? That sounds boring as gently caress. :v:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Feb 7, 2015

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Yeah uh is that actually worth watching because jesus christ

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Allyn posted:

Yeah uh is that actually worth watching because jesus christ

If you're interested in good play yes. If your measure of quality is kills no.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

726, Coco setting the CS record beating the last record by RobertxLee's record of 719
The reason why EU games are so drat long is because no one knows how to close a game and wander around lost in the jungle farming with 6 items.

Korean games are only long because nobody is making any mistakes at all.

thank god someone took the CS record from robertXlee

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Ladies and germs, your 2015 world champions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHArALMId-o

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
3 out of 5 games should be interesting today.

GV vs TIP
C9 vs T8
DIG vs TSM
TL vs CST
WFX vs CLG

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Will this finally be the split of CLG? Or are they going to collapse as usual after looking good for a week?

Gravity - TiP
Cloud9 - Team8
Dignitas - TSM
TL - Coast
Winterfox - CLG

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
GV vs TIP
C9 vs T8
DIG vs TSM
TL vs CST
WFX vs CLG

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Gravity - TiP
Cloud9 - Team8
DIG - TSM *plays a small dirge for DIG*
TL - Coast
Winterfox - CLG

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

exethan posted:

Ladies and germs, your 2015 world champions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHArALMId-o

this is pretty sweet

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
I'm on the edge of my seat for Dig vs. TSM.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
the surrender talk a few pages back made me think. when was the last time a team surrendered in the lcs?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Slaapaav posted:

the surrender talk a few pages back made me think. when was the last time a team surrendered in the lcs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C65e3mP-r9Q

people pretend like it's never happened. It happens, nobody remembers when it does.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i want more surrenders in league of legends. its very rude to the opposing team and the viewer when teams dont surrender lost games. these players are supposed to be professionals

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Picking Lee Sin when Rek'Sai is open still feels like a bad move to me...

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Honestly I'm shocked neither team picked Nidalee. I was hoping Impulse would go full rear end in a top hat and pick both Ahri and Nid.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Killed By Death posted:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

isn't this on 5.2 now, after the second round of rek'sai nerfs? is she still that much of a priority pick?

fnox
May 19, 2013

Tales of Woe posted:

isn't this on 5.2 now, after the second round of rek'sai nerfs? is she still that much of a priority pick?

you can't nerf her map presence. at high levels of play she becomes ridiculous in the sense that she can reach anywhere in the map with ease, it's mobility you just can't match with any jungler.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I think Reksai has moved from must pick, will win any matchup to just solid good jungler choice. Global map movement & the sonar + group knockup is really good.

edit: Also bunnyfufu is not having an aphromoo level morg game jesus all the missed bindings

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
she has hard cc on a normal and damage and a good clear. checks more boxes than every other champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
is the sound syncing making GBS threads itself for everyone else too?

• Locked thread