Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Remember, outside of going Super Saiyan (1) there isn't transforming in battle. Because of the engine they're using or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Has a game featured the Saiyans Mr. Popo made them fight while they were prepping for Vegeta and Nappa?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm a little annoyed with (almost) no ingame transformations, but it makes sense considering you'll sometimes have 6 human players all flying around, can't pause for a transformation cutscene. Maybe make them go into a little opaque aura bubble for a few seconds.

Oh well. I hope there's a tuxedo. I want to do a Universal Spirit Bomb in a tuxedo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

fade5 posted:

I'm kinda surprised Dodoria and especially Zarbon are missing from the roster.

Zarbon was Frieza's strongest non-Ginyu Force henchman (hell, Zarbon could probably kick Guldo's rear end pretty easily, and Guldo made it into the game), and Zarbon transforming into a monster and kicking headbutting the crap out of Vegeta was the first defeat Vegeta had on Namek. (DBZ Abridged then asked the question I'd never even thought about : "Why did I explode?":what:)

And you'd think Dodoria would make a better generic mook than both "the guy who literally has no name" and "the guy who can't even handle a shot of Raspberry Schnapps".:v:

Vegeta probably exploded as a way of saying "man, he is going fast." In other words, to imply that he was thrown so quickly into the ground that it caused an explosion.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Vegeta probably exploded as a way of saying "man, he is going fast." In other words, to imply that he was thrown so quickly into the ground that it caused an explosion.

That would never happen. Sometimes people should just enjoy the fact the things they enjoy are stupid sometimes instead of bending over backwards to defend them.

Also, guy who complained about Zarbon not being in it, completely agree with you but find 16's absence even more egregious. The fact the entire Ginyu force or even more members than Recoome and Ginyu is mindboggling. The Ginyu Force sucks, and honestly I think the only reason they are so hyped is due to the America's break between the dubs.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

sharktamer posted:

Why are there three different frieza's? Isn't he meant to be able to transform between forms? More importantly, why are there two perfect cells?

They each have different move sets.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Do the different costumes have different movesets?

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Do the different costumes have different movesets?

They each have different move sets!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

dbzfandiego posted:

They each have different move sets!

This is a pretty cool detail.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Covok posted:

Maybe Zarbon has some sort of Gambit-from-X-Men thing where he charged Vegeta and he exploded on impact?

Caros
May 14, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Maybe Zarbon has some sort of Gambit-from-X-Men thing where he charged Vegeta and he exploded on impact?

Planet Namek DBZ guy, I call upon you again to answer the question of why Vegeta exploded!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Caros posted:

Planet Namek DBZ guy, I call upon you again to answer the question of why Vegeta exploded!

Vegeta exploded because he blew up, duh.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
A bodyslam that causes an explosion is pretty normal for anime.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sometimes Vegeta explodes because of his family.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

facebook jihad posted:

That would never happen. Sometimes people should just enjoy the fact the things they enjoy are stupid sometimes instead of bending over backwards to defend them.

Also, guy who complained about Zarbon not being in it, completely agree with you but find 16's absence even more egregious. The fact the entire Ginyu force or even more members than Recoome and Ginyu is mindboggling. The Ginyu Force sucks, and honestly I think the only reason they are so hyped is due to the America's break between the dubs.

I said "imply" he was going that fast. Like "oh poo poo, did you see how fast he threw that guy? He fuckin' exploded!" I didn't mean it like "if object is traveling at X velocity over Y period of time and collides with an object of Z density," I meant "gently caress yeah, he throws poo poo so fast and hard it blows up!"

It's a visual effect.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Covok posted:

I said "imply" he was going that fast. Like "oh poo poo, did you see how fast he threw that guy? He fuckin' exploded!" I didn't mean it like "if object is traveling at X velocity over Y period of time and collides with an object of Z density," I meant "gently caress yeah, he throws poo poo so fast and hard it blows up!"

It's a visual effect.

Zarbon attached a bunch of ki to Vegeta to ensure he'd keep flying towards the ground and he put on too much so the excess exploded on impact. Same reason any ki attacks explode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

keep it up guys, a few more posts and that joke will officially not be funny anymore

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Scathing commentary on goon comedy itt.

There's probably a game where Zarbon has an exploding suplex or something.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 8, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Firstborn posted:

Scathing commentary on goon comedy itt.

his generic throw in the tenkaichi games was a suplex, which was hilarious since it was an automatic win in the world tournament if you were floating above the outside of the ring

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Smash Bros vs. DBZ needs to be a game.

I believe there's a fan-made Smash Bros game with a huge character roster that includes Goku.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

I believe there's a fan-made Smash Bros game with a huge character roster that includes Goku.

But is it any good?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

There's Jump Ultimate Stars which is similar to Smash.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I like the Jump games, but I only end up recognizing like a fourth of the cast.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

There's Jump Ultimate Stars which is similar to Smash.
my favorite part of that is that even though it's celebrating shonen jump's history, there's not a single dragon ball character in that game. It's all DBZ. You'd think they could at least throw in Kid Goku.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Vegeta exploded because Zarbon filled him with his explosive load.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So apparently if you have an Xbox 1, you can go ahead and download the English version of Xenoverse right now if you want:

Step: change region to hong kong
2.redeem your HK market points [sadly you gotta grab a 600HK card] 75-83 bucks
3.before download make sure you have a billing info
4 download it off the HK market
5. WHEN FINISHED DELETE IT
6.RESTORE XBOX TO NORMAL ENG SETTINGS
7.now click manage game over the download queue
8. you will notice it says install even for it says feb 24th
9. if the loading screen has no Chinese letters on it then you did it

This is a C&P from WeedlordGoku.geocities.dbzclubhouse.net or whatever, and I'm not even going to try to parse what it means, but there you go if you are interested.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Firstborn posted:

So apparently if you have an Xbox 1, you can go ahead and download the English version of Xenoverse right now if you want:

Step: change region to hong kong
2.redeem your HK market points [sadly you gotta grab a 600HK card] 75-83 bucks
3.before download make sure you have a billing info
4 download it off the HK market
5. WHEN FINISHED DELETE IT
6.RESTORE XBOX TO NORMAL ENG SETTINGS
7.now click manage game over the download queue
8. you will notice it says install even for it says feb 24th
9. if the loading screen has no Chinese letters on it then you did it

This is a C&P from WeedlordGoku.geocities.dbzclubhouse.net or whatever, and I'm not even going to try to parse what it means, but there you go if you are interested.

Oh. well that's much less exciting than I was hoping. I thought they just straight up released it on the US shop early.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Firstborn posted:

WeedlordGoku.geocities.dbzclubhouse.net

Really disappointed this isn't a real page.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It is in my heart. :3:

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
I got lost in the DBZ section of youtube again the other day and found a bunch of videos saying Xenoverse is awful, bad, worse than Battle of Z, etc. I haven't played a DBZ game since like Super Butoden 3 so that really doesn't mean anything to me, but from the look of things Xenoverse seems to be hitting all the right notes as far as fun content, a Dragonball as hell story, and fly-around shoot mans gameplay. Why does this game seem to be getting such a bad rap already?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

FatSamurai posted:

I got lost in the DBZ section of youtube again the other day and found a bunch of videos saying Xenoverse is awful, bad, worse than Battle of Z, etc. I haven't played a DBZ game since like Super Butoden 3 so that really doesn't mean anything to me, but from the look of things Xenoverse seems to be hitting all the right notes as far as fun content, a Dragonball as hell story, and fly-around shoot mans gameplay. Why does this game seem to be getting such a bad rap already?

It lacks Fan Favorite Dodoria.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

FatSamurai posted:

DBZ nerds don't like change. They complain about getting the same story in the games then complain that it's changed when something different is done ie galaxy mode in Raging Blast 2.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm playing it now and it's pretty fun. Battle of Z is down there with Taiketsu and anyone who says Xenoverse is as bad as Battle of Z is a genuine retard

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Man with Xenoverse getting me hyped I thought it was time to finally start watching Kai, however does it really not have the original music? That seems like such a bummer to me. My favourite moment of all time is Vegeta's final flash, and the music was such a big part of that, I YT'ed the Kai version and it seems so dull and lifeless in comparison.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Evil Canadian posted:

Man with Xenoverse getting me hyped I thought it was time to finally start watching Kai, however does it really not have the original music? That seems like such a bummer to me. My favourite moment of all time is Vegeta's final flash, and the music was such a big part of that, I YT'ed the Kai version and it seems so dull and lifeless in comparison.

If you mean the Funimation Faulconer score, then no, I don't think it does.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Some Numbers posted:

If you mean the Funimation Faulconer score, then no, I don't think it does.

I never knew the name of the guy but I looked it up and yes that would be it. Still plan to re-watch Kai but man I will feel bummed without hearing Vegeta's bells and whatnot.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Vegeta's theme with the bells owns.

Covok
May 27, 2013

It was a copyright suit that lead to them changing the music, right?

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Covok posted:

It was a copyright suit that lead to them changing the music, right?

Yeah, they changed it from a new Kai-Only score to the soundtrack from DBZ's original run in Japan. It's still a stellar soundtrack, but it's a few steps down from what we got in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

Zarbon's only not in Xenoverse because the devs got distracted trying to figure out what a Beeboo Crawshanks is and how to program it as his new finishing move.

• Locked thread