Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Team 8 will never win a game if they aren't playing like orianna heck a rim annie malphite, literally their only strength is pretending like it's season 1 and walking up mid with aoe magic damage.

would they win if the other team picked corki?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

sarmhan posted:

Everyone but Shiptur really- he failed to do anything of relevance and consistently got outplayed at every opportunity.

yeah, I was really curious how that match would play out. Bjerg is consistently the best mid in the NA LCS and Shiptur has always had a reputation as being near the top. It turns out he's pretty lovely. He also sandbagged Coast and is partially responsible for getting them relegated. Anyone that hires him deserves the poo poo results they get.

Jayisspecial fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 8, 2015

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

sarmhan posted:

Of course, Corki was the problem that game. :getout:

I don't know if you don't frequent the regular League thread and this guy's posting is a new thing for you or what, but I don't think you're going to get the results you want by encouraging him like this.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Che Delilas posted:

I don't know if you don't frequent the regular League thread and this guy's posting is a new thing for you or what, but I don't think you're going to get the results you want by encouraging him like this.

plz dont single me out

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Please engage with my smart and funny posts that contain layers of hidden meaning, instead of that guys. It's up to you though. My hearts not in it.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I always enjoy and welcome more of your posts, Keven

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i like keven he is the best poster

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Slaapaav posted:

i like keven he is the best poster

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Riv is in rare form today, who was it that said he levelled up at worlds? He has nonsense mouth right now.

an idiot

stump collector
May 28, 2007
here's something you're not going to expect: LCS Replacement cloudnguyen

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
You know, once DJ Sona goes on sale I wonder if we'll see a picture of Riot staff lighting cigars with wrapped stacks of hundreds.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Che Delilas posted:

You know, once DJ Sona goes on sale I wonder if we'll see a picture of Riot staff lighting cigars with wrapped stacks of hundreds.

you ain't kidding

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Honestly it's an extremely dope skin and they deserve all of the money to the extent that any one can deserve money for status upgrade micro transaction model dollars.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I was thinking about High some more the other day and it's crazy to think that he used to get to play against reginald and scarra and ny jacky and poo poo and now even the bad teams have mids like XWX and pobelter. I really don't think he's actually dropped off.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
"Ahri is really strong right now and if you're not planning to first pick it you're better off banning it away"

hmmmm

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

henkman posted:

"Ahri is really strong right now and if you're not planning to first pick it you're better off banning it away"

hmmmm

look, just because you have a 58% win rate in solo queue doesn't mean you're stronger than other midlane picks

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
piglet on vayne
this should be good

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

piglet on vayne
this should be good

Not using SKT skin 0/10 would not import this Korean.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

henkman posted:

hmmmm

Casters don't seem to be obliged to act like the game is balanced.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Outta curiosity did they ever say why exactly they run patches behind? It's kind of jarring seeing the really powerful picks from a few months ago all the time.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Outta curiosity did they ever say why exactly they run patches behind? It's kind of jarring seeing the really powerful picks from a few months ago all the time.

If a patch comes out this week they'll run this weekends games on the last patch so they've got a chance to suss out the patch changed before having to play competitive games on it, the patch they're on now where Ahri is ridiculous is only like a week old.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 8, 2015

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
It's never going to stop being funny to me that Liquid was absolute top of the league with KEITHMCBRIEF and now that piglet has been brought in they're like middle of the league. Also Keith still has the most fantasy points per game of anyone in the league, it's not even close. :allears:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Servaetes posted:

I imagine it's to give some time to screen for bugs found when a patch goes live, and give teams a week of scrimming/practicing on the new patch before playing on it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Thanks the language barrier Xpecial couldn't tell Piglet to not let him get caught and die. KIeth McBrief a lonely nation turns its eye to you.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

I saw Piglet miss a cannon minion

KEEPKEITH

(e: this is not a joke post)

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Alcatrash posted:

I saw Piglet miss a cannon minion

KEEPKEITH

(e: this is not a joke post)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
QUAS THE BEAST

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It's never going to stop being funny to me that Liquid was absolute top of the league with KEITHMCBRIEF and now that piglet has been brought in they're like middle of the league. Also Keith still has the most fantasy points per game of anyone in the league, it's not even close. :allears:

More than Forgiven in EU, or just in NA?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the peruvian terror

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Impaler living the Coast life

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I was thinking about High some more the other day and it's crazy to think that he used to get to play against reginald and scarra and ny jacky and poo poo and now even the bad teams have mids like XWX and pobelter. I really don't think he's actually dropped off.

There was a point where he could lane against Bjerg with his assassins and hold his own. I specifically recall how lacking in confidence he was in the first match against Bjerg. He went Teemo just to have something relevent to do after getting destroyed in lane. The next time they met he went with LB and did fine. He has definitely fallen off since then. He was at his strongest when Leblanc/Zed/Gragas/Soraka were meta picks. It's possible people have just adapted to his aggressive style though.

Jayisspecial fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 8, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the gently caress was that jesiz

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Is Coast planning on ever doing anything? They might as well surrender.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
peak phreak

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
phreak reaching as far as he can for these puns :allears:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Phreak! :allears:

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Coast: Well Listen. We've all decided that instead of trying to win the game at any point we're going to try and keep piglet's fantasy points as low as we can manage.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

More than Forgiven in EU, or just in NA?

Way more. Forgiven is only 7th for ADCs over both LCSs, Fantasy doesn't always translate into real world successes. For instance, Freeze is 8th overall (not just for ADCs, overall, he's above Forgiven) for average points per game. Keith has 38 points per game, the 2nd place is Steelback with 30 per game. Forgiven is 22 per game.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
"The difference between Piglet and Keith......."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
It's funny how the only way Piglet can be relevent in the game is to pick a strong solo dueler and splitpush while the team does whatever else it wants.

Basically, I think the language problem is a bigger problem than they're letting on and they let Piglet go Vayne so he can run around and do whatever he wants without having to communicate much and still hopefully carry.

FAKEEDIT: Thanks Xpecial for confirming my theory!

• Locked thread