Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I've been messing around with Here Comes the Pain today, and the gameplay still holds up really well. It's more fun to play than most of the recent WWE games, honestly.

The CAW mode is pretty awkward to navigate and the guys you create tend to look like mutant freaks (unless you put a mask on them and really mess with the body sliders), and you have to play season to build up your stats and unlock half the moves, but I was still able to create a perfectly good version of one of my 2K14 CAWs and there's a metric fuckton of clothing options including the tights designs and outfits of basically every famous wrestler ever. For example, you can make Jushin Thunder Liger in a few minutes because literally all his gear is right there. :allears: The entrance customization is pretty nonexistent, though, and it was a disappointment even in 2003 when RAW 2 had included a full create-an-entrance mode with a ton of options and custom soundtrack support (too bad they forgot to include a good wrestling game in their create-a-wrestler/drop-anvils-on-Kevin Nash simulator).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I tried playing Smackdown vs Raw 2006 the other day (I think it was that one anyway)

I started up season mode, they booked me against HHH with Flair as his manager in the first match.

HHH immediately tosses me out of the ring, and I don't remember the controls well enough to reverse anything so Flair proceeds to take me down and do his really long "strut for 5 seconds then kick the leg" move a couple times, causing me to get counted out.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

I tried playing Smackdown vs Raw 2006 the other day (I think it was that one anyway)

I started up season mode, they booked me against HHH with Flair as his manager in the first match.

HHH immediately tosses me out of the ring, and I don't remember the controls well enough to reverse anything so Flair proceeds to take me down and do his really long "strut for 5 seconds then kick the leg" move a couple times, causing me to get counted out.

Sounds like a pretty accurate 2005 experience.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQok8FypD2U

How can this game be so broken? I doubt that they were using a glitched moveset for Baron Corbin.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There is left over debuging text in the objectives during one of the matches in Christian's 2K Showcase on PS4.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Doc Morbid posted:

drop-anvils-on-Kevin Nash simulator

I've said this before several times, but this is the best part of Raw 2.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Finally had a really good run in Survivor KOTR. I swapped out one of my Legend Pro Divas for a common, maybe that helped? I also joined at like 9:30 am, maybe I got a bunch of easy bots or something.

Regardless, I ain't complaining.

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
I borrowed my friends copy of EA UFC to see what its like and its probably one of the worst EA games I've played in recent memory.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

His Purple Majesty posted:

I borrowed my friends copy of EA UFC to see what its like and its probably one of the worst EA games I've played in recent memory.

for some reason I've never enjoyed playing an MMA game, even the ones people said were good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm sad to hear that, as I had planned to pick up EA UFC with the PS4 I want to get next month. Granted I've only seen streams, no trigger time, but it looks gorgeous and didn't seem to play that differently from Undisputed 3, which I loved. No Pride mode is a little annoying though.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

triplexpac posted:

Finally had a really good run in Survivor KOTR. I swapped out one of my Legend Pro Divas for a common, maybe that helped? I also joined at like 9:30 am, maybe I got a bunch of easy bots or something.

Regardless, I ain't complaining.

I've had a good run this week on Survivor KoTR as well. I've won the last 2 I was in and 3 of the 4 reward cards were ones I already had so I was able to make 3 new survivor pros (Surfer Sting, Cesaro, and RVD). That'll make next week's RTG a hell of a lot easier. Maybe I'll hit the wall half way through the red survivor card instead of 1/3 of the way in...

Also yes, swapping out for lower cards in Survivor KoTR does help even though it doesn't show it. That's why only running 3 survivor pros is so over-powered. You get matched up against people running full teams of legendary pros that you just run over.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm sad to hear that, as I had planned to pick up EA UFC with the PS4 I want to get next month. Granted I've only seen streams, no trigger time, but it looks gorgeous and didn't seem to play that differently from Undisputed 3, which I loved. No Pride mode is a little annoying though.

It is an extremely visually impressive game, but it's a lot looser than Undisputed 3--everything's sort of slidey and the collision feels super-weird. There's a demo, so when you get the PS4 you can try it yourself and see what happens when Alexander Gustafsson throws a 360-degree leaping tornado kick at Jon Jones and hits him clean in the face to essentially no reaction.

Undisputed 3 was too robotic, this is too liquid, everything is bad and the best MMA game was the original Dreamcast UFC where Kevin Randleman had a spinning triple-roundhouse and you used it to knock out Big John McCarthy.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Two things I learned about Immortals online challenges, don't know if this is common knowledge:

--The challenge that says you have to win a round without using any signature moves does NOT include level 3 finishers, so you can go ahead and use those

--When you're going for the "win [x] consecutive matches online" challenge, if you pause and quit from a match, it doesn't count as a loss and keeps your streak intact

The gold boosters have been giving me nothing but Bryans and Trishes lately (which is not bad, since I've got them each to Legendary IV now). Still no Cena!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I bought WWE 2K15 last night, plus all of the DLC. I don't get why people think it's such a bad game? The controls are a little clunky and sometimes it's hard to do reversals, and I wish the movesets were expanded more (though this may be because I started a new character and then jumped into the career mode) but overall I think it's got some fun concepts in it. I like how being a face/heel is determined by how you play, and I'm looking forward to playing with the WCW guys. Diamond Dallas Page is the father of one of my close friends, so I've gotten to hang out with him and growing up watching him hit Diamond Cutters on people and then being able to do the same thing in a game 15 years later is pretty boss.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

An update came out Immortals, hopefully it fixed the ghost fighters problem.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Has anyone got the prizes from the Immortals online tournament round that ended 2 days ago? Still waiting on mine (think I finished top 5%)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Cybrock challenge is back on iOS. I'm gonna get me another Brock!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So the patch notes for immortals says "we found some bugs and pinned them to the ground until they submitted!" I think that sentence was written by a wrestling mad libs generator.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Retromancer posted:

for some reason I've never enjoyed playing an MMA game, even the ones people said were good.

they're really complicated while still having an element of randomness to them

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

HonorableTB posted:

I bought WWE 2K15 last night, plus all of the DLC. I don't get why people think it's such a bad game? The controls are a little clunky and sometimes it's hard to do reversals, and I wish the movesets were expanded more (though this may be because I started a new character and then jumped into the career mode) but overall I think it's got some fun concepts in it. I like how being a face/heel is determined by how you play, and I'm looking forward to playing with the WCW guys. Diamond Dallas Page is the father of one of my close friends, so I've gotten to hang out with him and growing up watching him hit Diamond Cutters on people and then being able to do the same thing in a game 15 years later is pretty boss.

I liked it a lot at first but good very bored rather quickly and haven't touched it in ages.

Not even sure why to be honest but it just got tedious for some reason. The career mode is awful as are some parts of the Showcases. The engine and whatnot is excellent so i'll be interested in next years installment.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Feb 7, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

Has anyone got the prizes from the Immortals online tournament round that ended 2 days ago? Still waiting on mine (think I finished top 5%)

I got mine, yeah. I was top 10% though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

For anyone still playing 2K15 - how the gently caress do you do a corner finisher? I gave my CAW the top rope brainbuster as a finisher and never get the prompt to do my finisher. When I whip a guy into the corner, I can't figure out how to place him on the top rope. Any hints?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Phenix Rising posted:

For anyone still playing 2K15 - how the gently caress do you do a corner finisher? I gave my CAW the top rope brainbuster as a finisher and never get the prompt to do my finisher. When I whip a guy into the corner, I can't figure out how to place him on the top rope. Any hints?

Press up on the right analog stick. This lifts the opponent up to the top rope.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blast Fantasto posted:

I swear I tried that. Ugh. Gonna give it another whirl when GM Regal decides I'm worthy of an NXT Title shot again :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Shoulda downloaded an Okada CAW like I did. :smugbert: Tombstone then Rainmaker finishes it, every time.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Whoa, in Supercard I just now realized there's a parallax effect on the Epic and higher cards. Did they add that recently or did I just catch on really late?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I won the NXT belt pretty easily on the first attempt, using my original character (do not steal!) and his finisher that is called the Whatamaneuver by Michael Cole. (it's actually a TKO) My only loss in NXT so far was against Bo Dallas. :eng99:

Also, I really, really miss custom soundtracks. If I can't use Dance Commander or the Soul Edge theme song as my dude's entrance music, what's even the point? :saddowns: They should at least add in more generic themes to choose from, right now the only good one in the game is Ballad of a Champion which gets pretty old if you give it to everyone. Put in some knockoffs of existing songs or something. (I remember 2K doing this with some of their NHL games, along with their licensed soundtracks they had ripoffs of Kernkraft 400, Rock & Roll Part 2 and other goal songs)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Doc Morbid posted:

I won the NXT belt pretty easily on the first attempt, using my original character (do not steal!) and his finisher that is called the Whatamaneuver by Michael Cole. (it's actually a TKO) My only loss in NXT so far was against Bo Dallas. :eng99:

Also, I really, really miss custom soundtracks. If I can't use Dance Commander or the Soul Edge theme song as my dude's entrance music, what's even the point? :saddowns: They should at least add in more generic themes to choose from, right now the only good one in the game is Ballad of a Champion which gets pretty old if you give it to everyone. Put in some knockoffs of existing songs or something. (I remember 2K doing this with some of their NHL games, along with their licensed soundtracks they had ripoffs of Kernkraft 400, Rock & Roll Part 2 and other goal songs)

Bo's surprisingly tough at the point you're likely to face him. He counted the tombstone from my Okada, into his weird hiptoss thing, and I just barely survived the nearfall and managed to counter the Bo-dog.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm still so loving confused. I sat the guy on the top rope and never got the prompt to hit my finisher. Hitting the circle button just does a normal superplex. I don't know if I'm missing something or what but it's incredibly frustrating.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm still so loving confused. I sat the guy on the top rope and never got the prompt to hit my finisher. Hitting the circle button just does a normal superplex. I don't know if I'm missing something or what but it's incredibly frustrating.

Check the animation for your finisher. Are you sure it's from the top rope? In their terms "Corner Finisher" sometimes means your opponent is down on the mat while you're just standing near one of the turnbuckles.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blast Fantasto posted:

Check the animation for your finisher. Are you sure it's from the top rope? In their terms "Corner Finisher" sometimes means your opponent is down on the mat while you're just standing near one of the turnbuckles.

FINALLY got it. I kept getting flashes of be finisher indicator and whenever I would hit the button I would just grab the dude's leg and let go. This happened three or four times, then I was finally able to hit the drat thing. Ugh.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Did you have enough stamina to do the move

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Solomonic posted:

Did you have enough stamina to do the move

I had a finisher if that's what you're asking? I wasn't aware you needed specific stamina levels to do some finishers.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Cybrock challenge is available on Android now. Are the smaller challenge bundles worth buying or should I save up for the large?

Edit: Nevermind, should've looked before posting. The small bundle has 3, large bundle has 20.

vvv How do you earn them? I've only had the option to buy them.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 8, 2015

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

You probably shouldn't buy any of them since getting challenge tokens is trivial

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Phenix Rising posted:

I had a finisher if that's what you're asking? I wasn't aware you needed specific stamina levels to do some finishers.
Yeah, you need a certain amount of stamina in order to hit a finisher (which is doubly an issue with running finishers). Calling for a finisher when an opponent is down allows you to build stamina while they get up, which helps avoid a situation where you collapse instead of getting a quick pin

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hobo Clown posted:

Cybrock challenge is available on Android now. Are the smaller challenge bundles worth buying or should I save up for the large?

Edit: Nevermind, should've looked before posting. The small bundle has 3, large bundle has 20.

vvv How do you earn them? I've only had the option to buy them.

Just play the normal single player content and you will win between 1-3 challenge tokens per fight. The bundles are completely unnecessary.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah, you should be able to see how much stamina a move requires when you're looking at it on your moveset menu thing. I like to do what Basic Chunnel said and call for the finisher beforehand to build stamina as they get up, that usually guarantees it.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I've had this happen three times in a row now.

Every time it's New Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I've had this happen three times in a row now.

Every time it's New Jack.

Pay for him to see a doctor.