Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

drat. Oh well, missing out on a free game isn't the end of the world.

Call up Customer Support and they will restore the surveys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

If so I'm gonna grab Star Fox on my Wii U

I've been deliberately very careful with my money recently, but I think that I am going to indulge myself tonight and pay out $10 for that game also to play on my Wii U in Wii mode. I wish that there was a proper Wii U version like with Super Metroid so that I could use my Wii U Pro Controller, but I'm really excited now to play that great old game on a big telly. I could get it with Nintendo Coins, but there are plenty of other games to spend them on and I want to sit tight until they announce the Gold and Platinum awards. I will probably end up getting Stat Fox 3D with coins, eventually, though.

I was looking at the poster sets that are available for coins, and I was wondering... since all of those games can be bought for real money, can one buy any of the posters perchance with real-life currency? I don't really care about most of them, but there are two that I really like: the Duck Hunt one, and the 8-bit Luigi one. Probably coins only as part of the "Going Out of Business Sale" for Club Nintendo, but I figured that it was worth asking.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Is there a way to check if a third party game is coming out on the eShop at the same time as it's physical release? I'm ordering a New 3DS and and want to buy Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate digitally when it shows up.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Is there a way to check if a third party game is coming out on the eShop at the same time as it's physical release? I'm ordering a New 3DS and and want to buy Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate digitally when it shows up.

Pretty much all of 'em get a simultaneous release nowadays and MH is handled by Nintendo so it definitely will.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

I've been deliberately very careful with my money recently

you don't say...

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

planetarial posted:

Call up Customer Support and they will restore the surveys.
Wow, it worked! Thanks for the suggestion.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So I've got 520 coins left. My plan is to get either Dr. luigi or Harmoknight for 300, which will leave me with 220, both of those are worth 20 coins and a 10 coin post play, which will leave me with 250 overall. Not sure what to get as the final thing then. I'm leaning towards maybe the original Smash Bros or Doc Louis.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

greatn posted:

So I've got 520 coins left. My plan is to get either Dr. luigi or Harmoknight for 300, which will leave me with 220, both of those are worth 20 coins and a 10 coin post play, which will leave me with 250 overall. Not sure what to get as the final thing then. I'm leaning towards maybe the original Smash Bros or Doc Louis.
Do you get more coins from games you purchase with coins? Because that would help me a lot.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Armor-Piercing posted:

Do you get more coins from games you purchase with coins? Because that would help me a lot.

Yeah I got wonderful 101 and NSMB2 from club Nintendo earlier this week, got 60 and 40 coins for them respectively, and should get past play surveys in a few days.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Anybody who picks up G&WG3 on the eShop be aware the game is unable to be completed 100% thanks to one of the unlockable games having a 2-Player function that's been Dummied Out.

I mean, not that it really matters unless you want to look at the unlockables but its still kind of crummy that they didn't even just give you the stars outright to begin with.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not everyone can put as much care into their digital releases as Capcom.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

greatn posted:

Not everyone can put as much care into their digital releases as Capcom.

Its sad that Capcom of all people put the care into their Digital release of a game from a series they basically don't care to make new content from (And really, that's cool of them) but Nintendo can't even do it, and its their loving console.

I mean, its probably not too big of a deal. Just means like one unlockable will stay locked. :saddowns:

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Duplicate Club Nintendo code:

E6R-G2NT-VKSC-ZVZ

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Tempura Wizard posted:

Duplicate Club Nintendo code:

E6R-G2NT-VKSC-ZVZ

Somebody already registered this and didn't say thanks.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
Has there been any stated reason that the N64 games aren't on Wii U Virtual Console yet? I can't find any comments from Nintendo people about this and even their own website seems to suggest that it's just over the horizon.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

Has there been any stated reason that the N64 games aren't on Wii U Virtual Console yet? I can't find any comments from Nintendo people about this and even their own website seems to suggest that it's just over the horizon.

As far as we know they're still working on getting the emulation right on the Wii U. I have no doubt they'll show up eventually, but I can't imagine its a high priority for Nintendo, given that the Wii Mode shop still has all the games.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

jivjov posted:

As far as we know they're still working on getting the emulation right on the Wii U. I have no doubt they'll show up eventually, but I can't imagine its a high priority for Nintendo, given that the Wii Mode shop still has all the games.

Mmmkay. I wanted to play some Mario 64 with the Wii U Pro Controller is all. Guess I'll have to settle for gamecube controller on the original wii for now. Thanks.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

N64 emulation is also a bitch and a half to do properly so don't hold your breath for anything anytime soon.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ChaosArgate posted:

N64 emulation is also a bitch and a half to do properly so don't hold your breath for anything anytime soon.

Meanwhile the Wii had N64 VC at launch. The Wii U has been out long enough that at least some of it has to be laziness.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 7, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'd just settle for a good homebrew N64 emulator, but Wii64 is awful.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Apparently the are having similar issues with Super Nintendo emulation on the 3DS. Not sure what they are and I am justifiably sceptical, but that is as I understand it the reason that there are no SNES Virtual Console games on the 3DS despite them being abundant on Wii and Wii U.

I just found out last night after buying Star Fox 64 for the Wii that my favourite Genesis game of all time, Toe Jam and Earl, is available on the Wii VC. The only reason that I didn't buy it was because, like the original Genesis cartridge, there's no way to save your game and it's just long enough of a game that I won't finish a round in one sitting. It has a save anywhere function on Steam and of course one can always save states if emulating on a computer, and being able to pick up where I left off is quite important to me. If they ever bring it out on the 3DS with the save point system like so many other retro games have on that portable, it's an instant buy for me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How long until they just put versions of the Wii N64 channels available in the eShop, where clicking it causes your WiiU to just open it in Wii mode and recognize the gamepad as a classic controller since they can apparently do that.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JustJeff88 posted:

I just found out last night after buying Star Fox 64 for the Wii that my favourite Genesis game of all time, Toe Jam and Earl, is available on the Wii VC. The only reason that I didn't buy it was because, like the original Genesis cartridge, there's no way to save your game and it's just long enough of a game that I won't finish a round in one sitting. It has a save anywhere function on Steam and of course one can always save states if emulating on a computer, and being able to pick up where I left off is quite important to me. If they ever bring it out on the 3DS with the save point system like so many other retro games have on that portable, it's an instant buy for me.

Doesn't it have the restore point function that just lets you continue where you left off like other VC games?

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

VC games on the Wii will save your place if you exit out to the main Wii menu instead of just turning off the power, I think. I know the Wii U versions do.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 18, 2019

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

less laughter posted:

Doesn't it have the restore point function that just lets you continue where you left off like other VC games?

McFunkerson posted:

Interesting, I didn't realize that. I'm 130 coins away from platinum right now. I'd like to get w101, after the post play survey I'll be 60 coins away and have 400 to spend... I don't suppose there is anyway to make 60 more coins by spending the last 400 is there?

I have Star Fox 64 and Mega Man 9 and 10 on Wii VC, but that's it. I'm going to go test this and, if it's true, I'm going to buy TJ&E.

Thanks Goons.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Is it a good use of my Club Nintendo coins to get 3D Land if I already have 3D World...? Or would I be better off just getting Earthbound and Dr. Luigi?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

JustJeff88 posted:

I have Star Fox 64 and Mega Man 9 and 10 on Wii VC, but that's it. I'm going to go test this and, if it's true, I'm going to buy TJ&E.

Thanks Goons.

Star Fox 64 does not support this, as it's an N64 title, and neither MM9 nor MM10 are Virtual Console, they're actual Wii games, so they don't support it either. Most emulated consoles should support it though. NES and SNES definitely do, at least.

Do note that it is a very limited functionality. It'll save your state when you exit and resume you there when you launch it again, but there's no way to manually load the state or even reload it once it's been loaded once. Think of it like leaving the actual console running on a pause screen and nothing else.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Star Fox 64 does not support this, as it's an N64 title, and neither MM9 nor MM10 are Virtual Console, they're actual Wii games, so they don't support it either. Most emulated consoles should support it though. NES and SNES definitely do, at least.

Do note that it is a very limited functionality. It'll save your state when you exit and resume you there when you launch it again, but there's no way to manually load the state or even reload it once it's been loaded once. Think of it like leaving the actual console running on a pause screen and nothing else.

Ah, okay, thanks for explaining. I should probably just stop being a lazy sod and hook my laptop up to my HD television. It has an HDMI out port and I have a cable, I just can't be arsed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Niemat posted:

Is it a good use of my Club Nintendo coins to get 3D Land if I already have 3D World...? Or would I be better off just getting Earthbound and Dr. Luigi?

If you care about 3D effects and want a game that's just a bit worse then 3D World then yes. I still think 3D World has the best 3D on the 3DS.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Niemat posted:

I have both, but I haven't played World yet because I want to 100% Land first.

I really enjoy Land and the 3D is relatively well done, I just keep it off most of the time because you have to be in just the right position to see it without getting a splitting headache. Perhaps the new 3DS will be better, but that's as may be. Miyamoto flat-out said that they just wanted to try making a 3D Mario game in the style of a 2D game, and it shows. The level progression is linear and there are no themed worlds like desert, jungle, fire/ice etc, just various levels in a line. They are fun levels, but there is a lack of coherency. There's no map screen where you can go different ways, find secret paths and so on, which I do miss. Also, the game has 3 major "top-tier" power-ups: 2 different Tanooki suits (without statue power and with), fire flower of course, and boomerang brother suit. The game is really built around the Tanooki suits - half the enemies have raccoon tails - and they made minimal effort to have levels or situations where another power up would be ideal.

The camera is almost perfect, I will say, since it's essentially a 2D game in 3D, and you will virtually never have issues with it. Is it a fun game that platformer fans should play? Absolutely, but it's a step back in some ways. That's okay, because it was the first attempt at a new formula, and I respect that. World, though, is the summit of that formula; Land is a first draft, in a way.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So every game (wiiu and 3ds) that I registered should have a ten point survey right? I hopefully have enough to get two 3ds games. I'll probably wait until the gold/Plat rewards are revealed but otherwise i think donkey Kong country returns might be a good buy.

I know this is a stupid question but why would I want to get kid icarus over sticker star? I mean I guess sticker star is cheap as hell to get, and worse case is I could offer a goon ten bucks for a code.

Seems like the wiiu retail games are not worth the points and the only vc games I could get that I don't have is gba yoshis Island and a link to the past.

Any downsides to dkc on 3ds? I figured for the price of free...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I liked Sticker Star more then most here but it's still the worst of the Paper Mario games and it's cheap to find. KI: U is an amazing game with a lot of replay value and it's physical version is out of print.

DKR is a great choice. It's got a lower frame rate then the Wii version but it doesn't have waggle controls and has some extra levels.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Oh right looks like kid icarus is more expensive to buy retail.

Would buying and downloading these games give me points? I think I'm 210 away from getting both kid icarus and donkey Kong and I probably have enough coins for 160 from post play surveys.

If these downloads give me points too, I'll throw out an offer of ten bucks if anyone wants to cash out for a paper Mario code.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Does anyone have *one* spare game for me to register on Club Nintendo? I've lost hope to get Kid Icarus, but if I get a few more points I can get Harmoknight. :ohdear:

Ineffiable posted:

Would buying and downloading these games give me points? I think I'm 210 away from getting both kid icarus and donkey Kong and I probably have enough coins for 160 from post play surveys.

If these downloads give me points too, I'll throw out an offer of ten bucks if anyone wants to cash out for a paper Mario code.

Yep. Just make sure your Club Nintendo account is enabled on the eShop (via U/3DS app)

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

I bought Captain Toad brand new and there was no Club Nintendo PIN inside, but the website says it redeems for points. How?

I am literally 1 game away from platinum, wtf Nintendo.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Quick question: I have some extra coins in my Club Nintendo account and want to get Majora's Mask. Problem is, the title says "Wii" rather than "Wii U", and I only have a Wii U. Will I still be able to play it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Flooger posted:

I bought Captain Toad brand new and there was no Club Nintendo PIN inside, but the website says it redeems for points. How?

I am literally 1 game away from platinum, wtf Nintendo.

Is it on the inside of the case cover paper?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Burger Trench posted:

Quick question: I have some extra coins in my Club Nintendo account and want to get Majora's Mask. Problem is, the title says "Wii" rather than "Wii U", and I only have a Wii U. Will I still be able to play it?

Yes, via Wii mode on the Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

elf help book posted:

Is it on the inside of the case cover paper?

Nope.

Just found this on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Club_Nintendo/comments/2ulr5h/captain_toad_no_coins/

Apparently I'm not the only one.

Flooger fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 8, 2015