Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
most erotic flower
Mar 9, 2006

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties
Switching out Pobelter for Link this week turned out to be the best fantasy choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
haha Link throwin shade at not one, but two former teammates.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Khaba posted:

That game was really brutal. I don't even think Winterfox is bad (might be biased, I like them), but they got crushed.

Sushipants posted:

Agreed, CLG's botlane basically warped the entire game around them and the vision control it granted them carried them through the midgame.

This, pretty much. 100% expecting WFX to win tomorrow, CLG just came to play.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Winter Fox is kind of good & all of their players seem good but they can't really aspire to be much better than a good 2nd tier team & if your team is going to worlds you shouldn't drop games to them, especially with the new no super week format.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Typical Pubbie posted:

haha Link throwin shade at not one, but two former teammates.

gently caress! Some intense shade being thrown. Son of a bitch!

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

gently caress! Some intense shade being thrown. Son of a bitch!

It's true! :saddowns:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Rudager posted:

Whats the KDA difference between the 2 games Keith played vs the 3 that Piglets plays? Isn't Keith something like 18/3 and Piglet is like 5/5 or something? I'm too lazy to look up the actual numbers.

Keith was 15/2/23 across 2 games. Piglet is 3/5/7 across 3. Altec earned more fantasy points for this loss than Piglet did for his win. :newlol:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

mistaya posted:

(Kobe during the hour long Grav/Dignitas game was the best single casting in the LCS so far this split.)

Kobe is pretty much straight up the best Riot caster right now, given the loss of Deman and Joe. Every NA game should be cast by him and Jatt, even though I actually like Phreak. Jatt can complain about how the teams are bad and Kobe can be excited about everything. Phreak can analyze and Riv can interview.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lightning Knight posted:

Kobe is pretty much straight up the best Riot caster right now, given the loss of Deman and Joe. Every NA game should be cast by him and Jatt, even though I actually like Phreak. Jatt can complain about how the teams are bad and Kobe can be excited about everything. Phreak can analyze and Riv can interview.
Besides Quickshot, the EU casting team is outstanding right now. They're not as energetic as Deman/Joe but they're super knowledgeable to make up for it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I wish Riot casters were allowed to dump on bad games like Monte sometimes does.That's pretty much all I ask.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i want surrenders and casters shouting abuse

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Killed By Death posted:

Keith was 15/2/23 across 2 games. Piglet is 3/5/7 across 3. Altec earned more fantasy points for this loss than Piglet did for his win. :newlol:

There's a huge difference between playing well and playing in a way that gets you fantasy points, though. Gambit played two miserable games this week, but because they were both really LONG miserable games with lots of sloppy back and forth kills, their members posted between 50 and 75 points for the week.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I've finally gotten time to watch the WFX/CLG game and I have to ask, is CLG actually getting better like I think they are, or is WFX playing like garbage this game? A fifteen minute ace is nothing to scoff at and CLG absolutely dominated the lane phase, but it seems to be more of a matter of WFX being really sloppy. I guess they are still down a player though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lightning Knight posted:

I've finally gotten time to watch the WFX/CLG game and I have to ask, is CLG actually getting better like I think they are, or is WFX playing like garbage this game? A fifteen minute ace is nothing to scoff at and CLG absolutely dominated the lane phase, but it seems to be more of a matter of WFX being really sloppy. I guess they are still down a player though.
They're playing pretty sloppy, and still waiting on their support and coach to get in from Korea. Gleeb is a very inconsistent support player and Avalon isn't living up to any of the hype.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
LPL is on right now, Imp on Kalista:
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames2

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

LPL is on right now, Imp on Kalista:
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames2
Has LGD played Flame all season? Are they paying just to keep him off another Chinese team? (Because it's probably a good idea he's one of the best duelists in top lane)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Flameingblack posted:

Has LGD played Flame all season?

I don't know I've only watched maybe 3 or 4 LPL matches all season. I just got a prompt that it was coming on and I didn't realize it ever started this early.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jonny Angel posted:

There's a huge difference between playing well and playing in a way that gets you fantasy points, though. Gambit played two miserable games this week, but because they were both really LONG miserable games with lots of sloppy back and forth kills, their members posted between 50 and 75 points for the week.

It's very weird that people don't understand this.

It's also weird seeing CLG win so many games, I wonder when they will implode.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Not playing Flame is weird because I'd say hes in the best 5 top laners world, and has been for... forever basically.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

CODChimera posted:

It's also weird seeing CLG win so many games, I wonder when they will implode.

I'll never doubt their ability to implode, but they were at the top of the LCS most of last split. They played well until the end, and then cratered almost as hard as Vulcan.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005
the gently caress was that game

:vince::vince::vince:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Krystal making a case for being the best ADC in the LPL. That guy is a loving beast. Uzi dreams of making the plays Krystal has pulled off in the last two games. Holy gently caress do not give that guy Kalista.

Jayisspecial fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Feb 8, 2015

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
http://www.twitch.tv/japanesports

Japanese league is on, and for some reason, they really like Vlad. They banned him out after he went 0/5 in the previous game :allears:

e: game 2 Ez forgets his trinket

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 8, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Came to see a Blood Moon skin and Engrish names, was not disappointed.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jayisspecial posted:

Krystal making a case for being the best ADC in the LPL. That guy is a loving beast. Uzi dreams of making the plays Krystal has pulled off in the last two games. Holy gently caress do not give that guy Kalista.

Just tuned in for that hilarious fiddlesticks ult.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
That Ez cannot dodge a skillshot

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

The baron throw followed by the dragon counterthrow

fantastic macro strategies

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Tyty posted:

The baron throw followed by the dragon counterthrow

fantastic macro strategies

I honestly don't think Baron was that bad a decision, they had two large creepwaves pushing both top and bot.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

It wasn't a bad idea, but they could've left instead of trying to fight on top of an ulting zhonyas fiddles

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Tyty posted:

It wasn't a bad idea, but they could've left instead of trying to fight on top of an ulting zhonyas fiddles

Fiddle never bought a Zhonya.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are they really playing on the NA server? That doesn't seem like it'd play very well with high ping.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Why exactly isn't League popular in Japan? Or any esports for that matter, now that I think about I've never heard of a major Japanese esports team winning anything. :iiam:

Edit: Oh apparently they don't even have League servers in Japan, they have to all play on NA apparently. The gently caress is that, how is this anime as gently caress game not popular enough to justify being in Japan? :riot:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 8, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Lightning Knight posted:

Why exactly isn't League popular in Japan? Or any esports for that matter, now that I think about I've never heard of a major Japanese esports team winning anything. :iiam:

PC gaming in Japan is in a really bad state.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
I heard (from a Japanese dude) that it's a cultural thing. Being about as secluded, xenophobic and culturally homogenous as South Korea, they're not really open to outside influences. First of all they think gaming is for children, imagine Western society's thoughts of gaming around 1995. Competitive gaming of any sort is a completely alien concept. And nobody really plays computer games anyway, PC gaming in Japan is (Japanese) MMOs and dating sims, nothing else really.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Surely competitive gaming isn't that much of a foreign concept, doesn't Japan have a strong presence in the fighting game scene?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
From what I've heard from a friend gaming outside of consoles is really limited.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Surely competitive gaming isn't that much of a foreign concept, doesn't Japan have a strong presence in the fighting game scene?

I'm not an expert, but maybe they do :shobon: That would make sense since fighting games are basically a Japanese invention.

On a cultural level taking gaming "seriously" is very much frowned upon though, maybe that's what I was trying to paraphrase.

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Strong presence would be putting it lightly. They've been the best at it for more than 20 years.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

CODChimera posted:

To make the point even more obvious, all 5 members of Gambit had more fantasy points than Forgiven this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Yes. Semi-related to this, they also have, or at least had, a really strong pro magic the gathering scene. There were several at the last world championships.

• Locked thread