Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Augster posted:

eeeeyyyyy

Only halfway to 200m :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
:siren:JoachJoach's Bizanime Adventure:siren: is here! Join joachim783, also known as Pizza Man, on a wild anime packed (sort of) tale as new friends and old come together in this warm heartwarming tundra tale! Surprising appearances and surprising happenings await you in this magical journey. =^.^=

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Good post, but magres' house has alive bushes please fix

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
0/10 my immersion

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Every one of those things posted makes me wonder just what the gently caress kind of game is the Sims.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
You killed Markkei you MURDERER

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Big Nothing posted:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
There's a far worse inconsistency than Magres's bush. Shocking new evidence reveals Pizza Lady got all her anime facts for this adventure COMPLETELY WRONG!!

quote:

Pizza Man: did you even read agrevollen's summary?
Pizza Man: and amagi brilliant park has no fighting in ir
Pizza Man: *it
Pizza Man: anyway
Pizza Man: there is no nano technology in code geass
Pizza Man: infact that one IS about taking over the world
Pizza Man: no birds in tokyo ravens
Pizza Man: hah
Pizza Man: and no tornado's in zetsuen no tempest
Pizza Man: infact it's named after one of shakespears works
Pizza Man: sooo
Pizza Man: the tempest
Pizza Man: there are no magic creatures in toaru majutsu no index
Pizza Man: well other than that one angel
Pizza Man: and the summoned fire thing

Clustard
Sep 30, 2012

Big Nothing posted:

allta
Mar 28, 2011
43 barrows chests and not a single barrows item on my HCIM, I guess jagex really doesn't want me to have anything barrows...they were kind enough to give me a tooth half on my first chest and a d med on my 43rd though and both of those are way more rare than a barrows item so honestly i think they are just trying to spite me!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Linked to me by Bungh0:

Assuming it's true, the tl;dr is Jagex Twitter Support reset the password for a high level account for a pubbie who didn't own it, so high level pubbie got all his poo poo stolen.

Not that authenticator is any good anyway - piece of poo poo constantly asks for a code even if it hasn't been a month, but it didn't stop me when I logged into Pizza Man's account.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Themata posted:

Assuming it's true, the tl;dr is Jagex Twitter Support reset the password for a high level account for a pubbie who didn't own it, so high level pubbie got all his poo poo stolen.

Not that authenticator is any good anyway - piece of poo poo constantly asks for a code even if it hasn't been a month, but it didn't stop me when I logged into Pizza Man's account.

Moral of the story: The only security you'll ever need is a password that can't be instantly generated by some password guessing thing. By the time they get it, you'll probably have changed it anyway.
Oh, and I guess P'Lady's Account Hijack-For-Clean-Clan-Banking Service too.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Other moral of the story: skip the customer support line by making a fuss on reddit, and get your account back in under an hour.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Good golly gosh, that poo poo is social engineering 101. But I guess that's what happens when 99% of your customer support is through social media :jagex:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

This is why everyone goes to Big Chin instead of actual hunting:

drat dailies.

Edit: Bonus foiling of Magres' plot.

widespread fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 9, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For anyone at Level 60 Divination or above, do Mahjarrat Memories.

It takes a grand total of 7500 memories to complete, but gives 375k Divination XP and 150k Divination bXP, making each memory you throw into it worth 50 XP and 20 bXP. This is a fair bit better than any other method of training div on an XP/memory basis, and lets you keep all of the energy from all 7500 memories so you can use it for training divination later. The earlier you do Mahjarrat Memories, the more dramatic the difference is!

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Mahjarrat Memories is a loving drag and I hated it, but if you're 60 divination and have the insane reqs, you should do it because god drat divination sucks and Fate of the Gods is fun and gives good rewards.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It feels the exact same as just doing regular div training so far to me :shrug:

I haven't started actually extracting memories yet, though, and it looks like that's probably the pain in the rear end part. Oh well, good XP and the lore rewards look interesting

E: It's also worth noting that I'm expecting this miniquest to net me around 20k energy, fwiw

E2: vvvvvvvvv Dang I didn't realize just how many quests these take. Oh well, they're almost all quests you should be working on anyway, a lot of them are reqs for the really good Grandmaster quests.

E3: Other point in favor of doing MM once you have the quests done - it's like permanent Guthix Cache bonuses. Get memories, click Engrammeter, chaos dunk memories into the engrammeter

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 9, 2015

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Wow, that sounds great. Too bad it has a poo poo ton of quest requirements to do.

Astaldo
Jan 4, 2015

xXxGangsterNinjaAssassinxXx
Holy crap, recently discovered this http://oldschool.runescape.com/ oh the memories, anyone doing the old one?

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Astaldo posted:

Holy crap, recently discovered this http://oldschool.runescape.com/ oh the memories, anyone doing the old one?

i think there are one or 2 people from goonscape who play but most goons play RS3.

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 9, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Do people actually buy any of the lower-level potions in large quantities, or should I just write off the entire cost of potions for gold/xp? I have 60 herb now, and I guess I'll need to work on it sometime in the near future. I got most of that from the free xp from like 3 summers ago, so I actually haven't made a single potion

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Magres posted:

For anyone at Level 60 Divination or above, do Mahjarrat Memories.

:spergin: time, because Mahjarrat Memories is incredibly lazy and lovely content.

a) It requires 105 quests to be completed. Which quests? I'm glad you asked.

quote:

Blood Runs Deep
Dream Mentor
Lunar Diplomacy
Lost City
The Fremennik Trials
Rune Mysteries
Shilo Village
Jungle Potion
Druidic Ritual
Eadgar's Ruse
Troll Stronghold
Death Plateau
Glorious Memories
Royal Trouble
Throne of Miscellania
Heroes' Quest
Shield of Arrav
Dragon Slayer
Merlin's Crystal
The Fremennik Isles
Mountain Daughter
Horror from the Deep
Ritual of the Mahjarrat
Enakhra's Lament
Fairy Tale III - Orks Rift
Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen
Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains
Nature Spirit
Priest in Peril
The Restless Ghost
Wolf Whistle
Fight Arena
Hazeel Cult
Rocking Out
The Great Brain Robbery
Creature of Fenkenstrain
Cabin Fever
Pirate's Treasure
Rum Deal
Zogre Flesh Eaters
Big Chompy Bird Hunting
Cook's Assistant
The Slug Menace
Sea Slug
Wanted!
Recruitment Drive
The Lost Tribe
Goblin Diplomacy
A Tail of Two Cats
Icthlarin's Little Helper
Diamond in the Rough
Stolen Hearts
Gertrude's Cat
The Temple at Senntisten
Desert Treasure
The Dig Site
The Tourist Trap
Temple of Ikov
Waterfall Quest
Devious Minds
What's Mine is Yours
The Curse of Arrav
Defender of Varrock
The Knight's Sword
Demon Slayer
Family Crest
What Lies Below
Garden of Tranquillity
Shades of Mort'ton
Troll Romance
The Tale of the Muspah
Missing My Mummy
The Golem
While Guthix Sleeps
The Hand in the Sand
King's Ransom
Holy Grail
Murder Mystery
One Small Favour
Legends' Quest
Underground Pass
Biohazard
Plague City
Mourning's Ends Part II
Mourning's Ends Part I
Sheep Herder
Roving Elves
Regicide
The Path of Glouphrie
The Eyes of Glouphrie
The Grand Tree
Tree Gnome Village
Recipe for Disaster
Fishing Contest
Shadow of the Storm
Witch's House
Monkey Madness
The Grand Tree
Tree Gnome Village
Summer's End
Spirit of Summer
Swan Song
Tears of Guthix
Missing, Presumed Death

b) 5 miniquests and the Fremmenik easy, medium, and hard tasks must also be completed.

quote:

Barcrawl
Chaos Tunnels: The Hunt for Surok
Senliten fully restored
Abyss (miniquest)
Koschei's Troubles

c) Every 500 Divination memories, you have to make a back and forth trip from the Divination spot to Kochesi, on top of going to some faraway place to collect a Majharrat memory.

d) The 'miniquest' takes at least 6 hours or more to complete.

e) The promised lore is simply text.

f) The Divination exp gained is the same no matter what tier you harvest.

The really huge problem though is the absurd length. So why is it that it's so stupidly god drat long, even longer than any of the Grandmaster quests?

quote:

Mod Jack: The number of memories was selected for pacing. Because the content of each book is so intense (around one quest’s worth of major revelation in each book, except perhaps the one about sewage) I didn’t want people blasting through the whole thing in an hour. As it is, higher Divination levels were still advantageous because you get enriched faster and you get a more valuable energy while gathering. If it had also been noticeably faster for higher level memories, then it would have taken about a minute per book on Incandescents, which would defeat the point of requiring it in the first place.

Because the incredible twists and revelations that come from the books are so GOD drat AMAZING, we're forced to grind through hours and hours of... well, grinding. So you better read every loving book for all 7,500 words or you're missing out on the reason this miniquest was ~well balanced~!

Source

That's not to say you shouldn't do it, but unless you're at 60 Divination to begin with AND have completed all those quests, miniquests and tasks, it's just a really stupid thing to put on people cause of ~lore~.

Astaldo posted:

There's only three other people I know who play it more than just "ah let's relive the nostalgia- okay gently caress this". Hinze, Poopsocker and Pizza Meow. That may come to change when Bonds and the GE get released towards the end of the month and March, though.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

:spergin: time, because Mahjarrat Memories is incredibly lazy and lovely content.

Oh the other hand:

rs wiki posted:

An Engrammeter that Kharshai states could be useful in Freneskae when charged.
15 lore books
A total of 375,000 Divination experience.
150,000 bonus experience in Divination.

2 Titles
Pontifex [Name]
Legatus [Name]
A Tiny Lucien pet.
Dr Nabanik's old :siren:trilby cosmetic override.:siren:

M'pizza

edit: News from Jagex HQ

Patch Notes 09/02 posted:

The insane 'Final Boss' title can now be unlocked by having a total of 5,000 boss kills with at least 100 kills on each boss, including hard mode and by having all boss pets unlocked (includes Vitalis, Bombi, Barrows bobbleheads and TzRek-Jad).

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 9, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

To be fair as far as the quest reqs go, it's more like three quests - Blood Runs Deep, Ritual of the Mahjarrat, and Missing, Presumed Death. But because Jagex does quests in huge storylines (which is actually awesome) that means that you have to do the ~20 quests required for Blood Runs Deep and the ~80 quests required for Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

Gating lore behind like 8 hours of grinding is still really stupid, the only reason Mahjarrat Memories is worth doing is because it's some of the best Div XP per hour you'll get from training Div aside from Caches. The memories are worth 70 xp per memory and you get to keep all of the energy from it - I'm at 8 memories transcribed and 14k Incadescent Memory that I can burn super converting Incadescents for a long, long time.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/forums.ws?16,17,324,65568632

Oh hey, they're finally making Death be a actual vague concern rather than a mild inconvenience.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

Do people actually buy any of the lower-level potions in large quantities, or should I just write off the entire cost of potions for gold/xp? I have 60 herb now, and I guess I'll need to work on it sometime in the near future. I got most of that from the free xp from like 3 summers ago, so I actually haven't made a single potion

Short answer, yes, some lower level potions move. Usually because they're ingredients in higher level potions.

Long answer,
- Check this out. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Herblore. Gives a gp cost for getting a certain amount of herblore xp, accounting for resale of the potions. It uses GE mid price so isnt perfect, but gives you a good sketch of the situation.

- Buy a scroll of cleansing from dungeoneering before you make potions. Do all your potionmaking at a portable well. Join the 'portables' fc to get locations for shared wells. This reduces the cost a lot.

- e.g. Super Strength potions are one of your options that resells well, since they're ingredients for later potions. Calculator says it would cost you about 7,500 potions and 9 million gp to get from 60 to 75 herb using them. That's actually about 55 million of ingredient cost - 46 million of resale value. With scroll and well, you could do that with about 6,200 clean kwuarm and 6,500 limpwurt root instead of 7,500 of each. That brings the ingredient cost to close to 46 million. You'd break even at GE mid and maybe even make a profit if you did some clever market plays. Or you could use 7,200 unfinished kwuarm potions and 6,500 limpwurt root, saving yourself three hours of making unfinished potions but costing an extra 6 million.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Some dumb idiot posted:

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/forums.ws?16,17,324,65568632

Oh hey, they're finally making Death be a actual vague concern rather than a mild inconvenience.

This is interesting actually, just yesterday I was fighting iowerth elves and ended up dying because revolution used a multi-target ability and I got destroyed by three at once. I spawned like 5 feet away from my gravestone and lost absolutely nothing from it, cheapening the experience.

I'm okay with this potential update.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Astaldo posted:

I'm just choppin' trees everyday.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Thanks. gently caress me I'm poor, and I should have been growing kwuarms instead of avantoes

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
I'm loving old school runescape, but I can't wait until the GE comes out. Screw having to deal with pubs to get items seriously. I was trying to buy a rune plate and the first one never responded, second one tried to get me to go into the wildy with the money and the third one never showed up.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

Thanks. gently caress me I'm poor, and I should have been growing kwuarms instead of avantoes

Then the scroll of cleansing is an even better buy for you. Making unfinished potions with it and a portable well can rake in about 2.5 million gold an hour, which is tough to beat without bossing or high level slayer.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Runescape classic is way more fun than old school rs

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

How long till lucky siesmics?

Also this

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 10, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

Also this

Valentines or the 28th where Sof is celebrating three years of wonderful garbage to the masses.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Nintendo Kid posted:

Runescape classic is way more fun than old school rs
:captainpop:

SleepingPizza posted:

Can't wait till 2016 brings in Lucky Charming Imp as well. :catstare:

This reminds me of when Magres and Bungh0 asked me to make them Deputy Owners from gold stars. :qq:

A bunch of creepy rear end pubbies creeping on a female character, but not sure what exactly. Zezima Wedding 2.0?

:reject: I'm honest give me chix

Yiff!

Bungh0, n0.

Uh...

It's just as bad as that snowboarding event!

Bungh0, please g0.

:rolleyes:

Bonus: When I was trying to set scenes up for JoachJoach's Bizanime Adventure, Pasta Boy walked right up and bumped shoulders with frag. :confused:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
At first I thought that said Imcando Piss

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
I'll get you next time Pizza Mafia

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Kree'arra tasks (aviansie) take about 30 minutes to complete

:toot: and 2.2m xp til 120 slayer :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
^i'm jealous

Also I hope i get the imcado pistols. It'll probably be the closest thing I'll ever get to pirate flintlocks.