Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Zam posted:

Understand your concerns, although I would say that the vast majority of us in this thread (and the beer thread in general) have traded with each other multiple times and would be glad to vouch for somebody's reliability. With that said - welcome! I look forward to when you're more comfortable and interested in trading some of the local AZ beers.

yeah, anybody that posts with any frequency (including danbanana) is definitely looking out for your interests, and any advice shouldn't be taken as criticism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
Going to a beer geek's bachelor party at end of March, so trying to trade for some treats for him.

I have: FW Sucaba, FW Double DBA, Deschutes Abyss, RR Beatification, Supplication (and can generally get Consecration and PtE), 3 extra cans of Heady Topper from a recent trade

Looking for: Westy XII, any other Alchemist cans, stuff from Three Floyds

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I love trading here, and I dabble on Reddit. I've got 2 or 3 guys from Reddit I deal with regularly otherwise that place is insane.

This place is the best... just wish Ididn't live in the same distro as most of the thread haha.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

I've met a good chunk of the frequent posters both here and the main beer thread in person, and I'll gladly vouch for trading here being the best experience in the scene. You won't find a better group of people and both sides will be happy! I generally stick to in person trades, but I also travel a shitload which helps.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I don't travel near enough, so all of my trades are done via FedEx, but yeah, goons have thrown me the best (and the worst) extras I've ever gotten in trades.

Then again, I'm the rear end in a top hat who jokingly tossed an 07 Sam Adams Brown Ale into a trade box ... haha

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Yeah this community is really awesome. The only bad experience I've ever had here was quickly turned into a great one thanks to how generous and kind people are here. I always go out of my way to get a beer with people when they visit Chicago and it has been a blast every time. Midorka was nice even after I told him to get the gently caress out of my city!

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
i just wish i lived in distro of literally anything worth packing up and shipping. i usually only send stuff i acquired while traveling.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Ok, so I'm thinking that as I'm one of few if any AZ goons it would be cool to just throw together 2 of 3 local sample 'mystery' boxes. Each with 6-12 of the same beers. How if at all do you deal with brewers who don't bottle/can. 32oz growler? Should I not bother with it? Is there any interest in these?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

sterster posted:

Ok, so I'm thinking that as I'm one of few if any AZ goons it would be cool to just throw together 2 of 3 local sample 'mystery' boxes. Each with 6-12 of the same beers. How if at all do you deal with brewers who don't bottle/can. 32oz growler? Should I not bother with it? Is there any interest in these?

I don't have the balls to ship a 64 oz one and I personally prefer to send the bullet style 32 oz growlers. Totally ok! Typically don't suggest sending multiples of a beer by the way, unless it's something like Heady/Pliny.

There's talk of doing growlers only for the next BIF as well!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
So English and my use of it is terrible. as such I could have better explained my plan. Not 6-12 of the same for each box but 6/12 different bottles across all 3 boxes. Buy 3 mix and match sixes of local stuff then distribute across the 3 boxes.
Bif?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Maybe someone in SoCal here has been up to SARA so gently caress it!

In person in LA:

ISO: Nonna's Blend 7
FT: AL + O&P

And if you have Stenciled Pages or Westly to work into this deal, I have lambic to offer.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

air- posted:

Maybe someone in SoCal here has been up to SARA so gently caress it!

In person in LA:

ISO: Nonna's Blend 7

And if you have Stenciled Pages or Westly to work into this deal, I have lambic to offer.

sheeeeeeit, i would've done that- too bad i drank my bottle last week...

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Also while I'm at it, an obvious one...
ISO: West Coast IPA's - Kern, Alpine whatever, we can talk
FT: Yellow Rose

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

air- posted:

Did I forget to buy a secret decoder ring, or can people really identify beers by 2 letter abbreviations?

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

Did I forget to buy a secret decoder ring, or can people really identify beers by 2 letter abbreviations?

Aurelian Lure and "Omblah blah blah long Jester King thing with strawberries that I can't spell" I think.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

crazyfish posted:

Aurelian Lure and "Omblah blah blah long Jester King thing with strawberries that I can't spell" I think.

Tasty stonefruit and unfortunate half band-aid strawberry sour that wishes it was Cask Strawberry b1 (that was the version I had at the Festival but I've heard it's better on tap? :shrug: )

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

Haha I deserve that!

Aurelian Lure
Omniscience & Proselytism

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Anyone who can interpret that should be ashamed...

Like I am.

:(

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Furious Lobster posted:

Tasty stonefruit and unfortunate half band-aid strawberry sour that wishes it was Cask Strawberry b1 (that was the version I had at the Festival but I've heard it's better on tap? :shrug: )

HAhaha you are so mean.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
edit: closed,,,

krustster fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 14, 2015

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

anybody see any A Deal With the Devil turding up the shelf? if so, holler at your boy.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone live close to Alesmith who would be willing to pick up bottles if I get the BA Olde Ale or Kona Speedway? I would send a label and a thank you box of awesome CO beer?

edit: Zam has me covered

mrcowcow fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 21, 2015

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

mrcowcow posted:

Anyone live close to Alesmith who would be willing to pick up bottles if I get the BA Olde Ale or Kona Speedway? I would send a label and a thank you box of awesome CO beer?

Sent you a PM. I can take care of it for you.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

funkybottoms posted:

anybody see any A Deal With the Devil turding up the shelf? if so, holler at your boy.

Batch 2 is good, but it's no comparison to Batch 1. Definitely still worth picking up, even at $30 a bottle.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

The Polish Pirate is a super awesome and generous trader! I just wish I was in the city longer so we could have grabbed a beer. Don't forget to hit me up if you're ever in Chicago dude!

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.

LeafHouse posted:

The Polish Pirate is a super awesome and generous trader! I just wish I was in the city longer so we could have grabbed a beer. Don't forget to hit me up if you're ever in Chicago dude!

Thanks! Will definitely bug you when I'm back in Chicago.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

ISO Jolly Pumpkin La Roja Grand Reserve, RR Beatification, AleSmith BA Olde Ale, HotD Cherry Adam
FT Tired Hands bullshit, handjibbers

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 24, 2015

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

HatfulOfHollow posted:

ISO Jolly Pumpkin La Roja Grand Reserve, RR Beatification, AleSmith BA Olde Ale, HotD Cherry Adam
FT Tired Hands bullshit, handjibbers

I've got a GR, I'll get you Friday

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I did this last year and got to try some cool beers, so let's try this again. I've got Revolution Straight Jacket (a bourbon barrel aged barleywine), New Glarus Oud Bruin, Cranbic, and Enigma for trade, and can pick up Revolution Very Mad Cow (bourbon barrel aged milk stout) for trade. I'm just looking for beers I can't get in Chicago. I really only want to trade with one person, since shipping gets kind of expensive with multiple people. If you're interested, post here and let's try to work something out.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Hey dude... we did it last year, any interest in doing it again? I love Straight Jacket and want that Mad Cow

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Vertigo posted:

Hey dude... we did it last year, any interest in doing it again? I love Straight Jacket and want that Mad Cow

Yeah for sure, I'll PM you and we can work something out. Thanks!

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

americanzero4128 posted:

Yeah for sure, I'll PM you and we can work something out. Thanks!

Two years in a row. We should just make this an annual event :)

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Looking for a Para 3. For trade: lets chat...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO a box from Oregon.. Peche n Brett, other Logsdon, Ale Apothecary, de Garde, Ching Ching

FT Philly, cellar

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

a worthy uhh posted:

ISO a box from Oregon.. Peche n Brett, other Logsdon, Ale Apothecary, de Garde, Ching Ching

FT Philly, cellar

Aw what the hell, I really shouldn't be trading but I have access to literally everything you listed so give me a pm.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

At the brewery launch of Left Giant, its pretty much a brew pub setup at The Small bar where they have some vet homebrewers and some other brewery collabs. Sofarnits great, The beera I got arent on untappd so finding out yhe INU and such is extra effort but they did two different coffee milk stouts with different grain bills, one is fruiter more full bodied and generally spot on, the other is toasty but thinner and less complex. Also had Buxton Raspberry Rye Sour which was nice rye sour but raspberry tasted faded and at anothef pub had moor horyzon which was amazing, brown smokey rye ale!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone in Houston got Bishop's Barrel 8 bottles to spare? Let me know what you'd want from Dallas... can bring Raspberry Temptress or growlers from my locals.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

air- posted:

Anyone in Houston got Bishop's Barrel 8 bottles to spare? Let me know what you'd want from Dallas... can bring Raspberry Temptress or growlers from my locals.

How many are you looking for? Need any other bishops barrels?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Imasalmon posted:

How many are you looking for? Need any other bishops barrels?

Two would be ideal! Just 8 is all thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

air- posted:

Two would be ideal! Just 8 is all thanks.

8 is Enough

• Locked thread