Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

here's a sneak peek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

lmao

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I bet it won't actually happen.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

mabels big day posted:

I bet it won't actually happen.

I bet that this isn't actually happening and the article is bullshit.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
grats dancing triforce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGYhRYwYhlM

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

koolkal posted:

gilbert gottfried as tingle plz

will farrel

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

koolkal posted:

gilbert gottfried as tingle plz

no way make him do navi

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Fire Emblem would make a better fantasy series than Legend of Zelda, especially if they want to make it like Game of Thrones. I'm sure that a Legend of Zelda series is theoretically possible, but there is a very slim chance of that happening. The best choice for a TV series is Metroid though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yes, let's add more characters to Metroid, and dialogue, as well.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Jason Statham is...

METROID

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's gone swell so far!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mach2 posted:

It's gone swell so far!
You know in the original Final Fantasy when your Fighter would kill an Imp, and then your White Mage would swing its staff ineffectually at the empty space where that Imp was?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

You know in the original Final Fantasy when your Fighter would kill an Imp, and then your White Mage would swing its staff ineffectually at the empty space where that Imp was?

Both of them are played by Vin Diesel.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Proposition Joe posted:

Fire Emblem would make a better fantasy series than Legend of Zelda, especially if they want to make it like Game of Thrones. I'm sure that a Legend of Zelda series is theoretically possible, but there is a very slim chance of that happening. The best choice for a TV series is Metroid though.

Fire Emblem has sister loving as well so its a perfect fit

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
god i love zelda: the light of courage

every time i watch any part of it i notice more stuff that owns

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

well excuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfX643fzzZw

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

yeah i'm gonna rip and poop this for fuckin sure man haha

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everything good about the Legend of Zelda is gameplay related. People play the games for exploration, puzzles, and dungeon crawling and none of those things can translate well to a tv series or a film.

Metroid has a lot of atmosphere which can translate though, which isn't surprising because it draws heavy inspiration from the movie Alien. The only Zelda game that could do the same is Majora's Mask. And as poorly as Metroid games have fared with increased plot, that is mostly because those plots where done and told improperly. Anyone making a tv series about Metroid is going to have a much easier time both because they are bound to be more proficient at plot than video game developers and also because they have a lot of extra tools to make it work in a new format.

Also, I would be fine with a schlocky sci-fi series about a bounty hunter tracking down space pirates if it comes to that.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Lamebot posted:

no way make him do navi

yes

Danny devito for tingle instead

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

This would be great if he stayed mute the whole time and just made stupid Michael Cera reaction faces to everything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's already a live action Zelda series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCY1Cpi6_c

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's already a live action Zelda series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCY1Cpi6_c

hooyshi t

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

Everything good about the Legend of Zelda is gameplay related. People play the games for exploration, puzzles, and dungeon crawling and none of those things can translate well to a tv series or a film.

Metroid has a lot of atmosphere which can translate though, which isn't surprising because it draws heavy inspiration from the movie Alien. The only Zelda game that could do the same is Majora's Mask. And as poorly as Metroid games have fared with increased plot, that is mostly because those plots where done and told improperly. Anyone making a tv series about Metroid is going to have a much easier time both because they are bound to be more proficient at plot than video game developers and also because they have a lot of extra tools to make it work in a new format.

Also, I would be fine with a schlocky sci-fi series about a bounty hunter tracking down space pirates if it comes to that.
tons of peopel are into the atmosphere and setting of zelda though

why else woudl there be timeline debates

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Endorph posted:

tons of peopel are into the atmosphere and setting of zelda though

why else woudl there be timeline debates

Yeah if there's one thing nerds don't do its have extremely long and tortured arguments about the most inane details

YIFFY HIGHSCHOOL
Jan 21, 2015

GOD mom it's a GAMECUBE not a NINTENDO

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yeah if there's one thing nerds don't do its have extremely long and tortured arguments about the most inane details
they're having long and tortured arguments about inane details because they care about the story

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i have an easier t ime beliving people just like to have fights on the internet than believing anyone actually cares about the setting and chronology of zelda

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i have an easier t ime beliving people just like to have fights on the internet than believing anyone actually cares about the setting and chronology of zelda
its both, mr. pumroy. it's both.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/7/7994463/legend-of-zelda-netflix-cast

This is dope. Much love to The Verge for thinking outside the box...or should I say, thinking outside the Gamecube.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Proposition Joe posted:

Give this man a loving contract

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the problem with the fire emblem show would be any time someone died they'd have to restart the episode until it didn't happen

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I know it's amazing, I tried to make gifs out of it but they didn't optimize correctly and I forgot about them.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I really really really loving hope that Zelda isn't hidden from view for 23 episodes and you only get a voiceover or a shadow at the end of every episode and you only see her face and everything on the last episode.

A fuckton of Japanese fantasy series do it and it's really annoying. Don't keep a character from doing anything until the last episode, it's real lovely pacing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna be bad unless it's just the hot, sweaty, and sexy adventures of the Gerudo lady thieves.

Though I'd kill to sneak a peak at a script that has:

quote:

Link: HIIIIYAAAAA!!!! YAAAAAAA!

Link: AIIIYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

or anything of the sort in it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SunAndSpring posted:

Jason Statham is...

METROID

Statham as a woman,very progressive, tumblr approved

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Instead of monster of the week episodes, we will have dungeon crawl episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It won't be as good as Legend of Neil.

• Locked thread