Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there a good guide for the original adventure mode map? Like one that shows all the requirements for an a rank on each space? I figured there would be one by now, but I couldn't find one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Internet Kraken posted:

Are the map items on the Termina map randomized and the song of time is used to reset them? Right now I'm looking at the map and have no idea how to progress because of hidden enemies. To the left, I need a deku stick. The only deku stick is on the right, but I need a zora mask there. But the zora mask needs the deku stick! I've scouted all the areas and don't see any way to actually progress because of this. At some point I will hit a dead end because I can't reveal the enemies and can't get the items to reveal them.

I don't believe the locations are randomized, and assuming they are not, there's a Goron Mask in the top right you can get to. You can use that Goron Mask to access the Goron Mask in the upper middle area. You can then use a Goron Mask to get to the Zora Masks on the left side of the map.

The Termina Map has way too many rewards hidden behind searching. It feels like you need a dozen Ice Arrows and two dozen Bombs, which means replaying the five levels that gives you those things way more than should ever be necessary. I actually miss Twilight Map's frustrating damage issues compared to this.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there a good guide for the original adventure mode map? Like one that shows all the requirements for an a rank on each space? I figured there would be one by now, but I couldn't find one.

For most maps its 4000 damage (10 hearts), 15 minutes, 1200 kills. Anything "special" (like quizzes and the like) should be pretty obvious how to A-Rank those. Maps in the top 2 rows of the map have a higher damage threshold, 10000 damage.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
God drat, Tingle is great. I had my wife play this game with me for the first time since she's not much of a gamer and it's friendly to button-mashing, and she immediately picked Tingle (having no idea who he was) and then wouldn't stop playing him after seeing all of his ridiculous moves. She made me order the Tingle DS game from Europe because she thought he was so great. I don't know if he's actually a strong character or not but he's stupidly hilarious and fun to play. Does he get any other weapons besides the balloon?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Just his upgraded balloons that get stronger and more ridiculously vibrantly colored the higher up you go.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Adam Bowen posted:

God drat, Tingle is great. I had my wife play this game with me for the first time since she's not much of a gamer and it's friendly to button-mashing, and she immediately picked Tingle (having no idea who he was) and then wouldn't stop playing him after seeing all of his ridiculous moves. She made me order the Tingle DS game from Europe because she thought he was so great. I don't know if he's actually a strong character or not but he's stupidly hilarious and fun to play. Does he get any other weapons besides the balloon?

Yeah I imported the DS Tingle game after watching Vinesauce's old streams of the game which were just put up on Youtube. I thought Tingle would be my favourite character of the two Majora's Mask characters because his game is great and I figured Young Link would be boring, but Young Link is so fun to play I haven't really touched Tingle yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think they toned down the twilight map as a aside. I just started playing it again on a whim and everything is only doing like 1/4th a heart or half of one. It's been pretty drat easy actually.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think they toned down the twilight map as a aside. I just started playing it again on a whim and everything is only doing like 1/4th a heart or half of one. It's been pretty drat easy actually.

Wait wait is this real!? You're not pulling my leg are you?

I'm currently enthralled in playing the Metroid Prime series for the first time, but if this is true I'm going to jump right back into this game once I beat Corruption.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Regy Rusty posted:

Wait wait is this real!? You're not pulling my leg are you?

I'm currently enthralled in playing the Metroid Prime series for the first time, but if this is true I'm going to jump right back into this game once I beat Corruption.

Yeah I've been A ranking everything pretty easily with only like 600 damage on me at the end.

Not just using Twili Midna or Y.Link either, using Darunia, Spear Lana and all that. It's strange.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
You're sure it was on levels where they were murderously strong before? Because I remember there are some levels in Twilight that aren't actually that bad.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wild Knight posted:

You're sure it was on levels where they were murderously strong before? Because I remember there are some levels in Twilight that aren't actually that bad.

Yeah, went back and did stuff that I had B's and C's on and was using characters I haven't used in months and getting A's with really sloppy play.

Tybolt
Jul 27, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Darunia's level 3 took me several tries. One thing that was a huge help was having a 5 star level 2 weapon with Strength IV and Fire+ on it, because his C4 combo is a ridiculous crowd clearer that just gets even better with those two abilities. I think the path I eventually followed was something like:

- At the start, run forward and use C4 on Ganondorf's group of dudes once or twice.
- Go to the objective keep just south of there and lower its health but don't capture it.
- Head south while quickly killing the two Siege Captains that spawn.
- Take out the two objective keeps in the far south.
- Ignore the objective Shield Moblin that spawns in your keep until he moves to your Allied Base. Instead, finish taking the keep you weakened at the start and then take the final objective keep.
- Clear your base out. If you have to use Magic, do it. Otherwise, use the C4 combo a lot, use specials when they're stocked up, and weak point smashes when convenient. Also, it seemed like getting a Shield Moblin to block exactly two attacks made them belly flop often, so you can try to exploit that to help out.
- Finally, murder Link. This is the easy part of the scenario.

I wouldn't try to get the extra heart container and piece of heart in the same run; there's just too much stuff to do to spare the time to take those two extra keeps unless you're already overleveled.

What the hell is overleveled considered to be in this case? I'm at 40 and this is really starting to piss me off.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
Generally I would aim to be at least 45 for most of the harder L3 weapons, but by the time I reached them I was usually early to mid 502. For Zant's, I couldn't beat the time limit until I was 60, because Ghirahim just had so much HP. Though with the buffs I would imagine it might be easier now.

Also, I tend to gauge difficulty via the generic mooks that man the outposts(raid captains, etc). If I can kill one with half a combo or less, it should be smooth sailing. Between that and a full combo means it'll put up a fight but be manageable. Beyond that I would consider myself underpowered. YMMV, of course, but I feel they make good measuring sticks.

RocketDarkness fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 8, 2015

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

alcharagia posted:

What are good places to grind early-game levels, and what level should my characters be before I start trying to tackle Adventure Mode in earnest? It's honestly pretty overwhelming.

I started Adventure as soon as I finished Legend. The easiest level to unlock for grinding is the first Reward map, which is unlocked by getting all of the skulltulas on Legend on Normal and the first... two? on Hard, and that's not very taxing to do. But I wouldn't worry much about grinding if you fully completed Legend, because the first levels of Adventure are not hard at all and will scale up pretty nicely.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't believe the locations are randomized, and assuming they are not, there's a Goron Mask in the top right you can get to. You can use that Goron Mask to access the Goron Mask in the upper middle area. You can then use a Goron Mask to get to the Zora Masks on the left side of the map.

The Termina Map has way too many rewards hidden behind searching. It feels like you need a dozen Ice Arrows and two dozen Bombs, which means replaying the five levels that gives you those things way more than should ever be necessary. I actually miss Twilight Map's frustrating damage issues compared to this.

Ah, thanks. For some reason I thought the goron switches were torches :downs:

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah I imported the DS Tingle game after watching Vinesauce's old streams of the game which were just put up on Youtube. I thought Tingle would be my favourite character of the two Majora's Mask characters because his game is great and I figured Young Link would be boring, but Young Link is so fun to play I haven't really touched Tingle yet.

Young Link looks pretty boring/broken to me. I mean, Young Link could of been a neat character if they had him use all the different masks as part of his combos. Instead his entire gimmick revolves around turning into Fierce Diety Link and staying in that form as much as possible so.....you're not really playing as Young Link! You're playing as a Link palette swap with a big sword :geno:

I guess they spent all their effort on making Tingle as amazing/creepy as possible.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Lies. They still hit like trucks in maps for me. Notably any weapon unlock maps.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is it impossible for me to get the spinner for Link without an amiibo or is it tucked away somewhere in the twilight map?

The question marks in Links weapon choice are bugging me :/

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You need the Amiibo, sorry.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bruceski posted:

Lies. They still hit like trucks in maps for me. Notably any weapon unlock maps.

Fair enough, I haven't really gotten super super far into it like I said, I'm about 30-35% done with it but it's been pretty sleepwalk easy so far.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm purposely not playing as Young Link just to see how many Rupees it takes to go from level 1 to level 200, though I'm sure someone has already done that. I know it takes a little under 12 million from 1 to 150 at least.

Really enjoying those Rupee competition maps, I did one earlier with Link with a +Rupees weapon and got about 45k, I need to use the Rupee potion next time too.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Internet Kraken posted:

Ah, thanks. For some reason I thought the goron switches were torches :downs:

Young Link looks pretty boring/broken to me. I mean, Young Link could of been a neat character if they had him use all the different masks as part of his combos. Instead his entire gimmick revolves around turning into Fierce Diety Link and staying in that form as much as possible so.....you're not really playing as Young Link! You're playing as a Link palette swap with a big sword :geno:

So you'd rather he be a clone of Ruto/Darunia rather than the Biggoron Sword?

Moldy Oreo
Jun 12, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm purposely not playing as Young Link just to see how many Rupees it takes to go from level 1 to level 200, though I'm sure someone has already done that. I know it takes a little under 12 million from 1 to 150 at least.
18,120,282. Fun note, every level after 100 costs the same number of rupees as the last. Or so my source tells me.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Whew, some of the Adventure Missions that give you the weapon upgrades can be quite a bitch. I got Link's Lv. 3 Gauntlets yesterday and that Mission wouldn't be quite so bad if it wasn't for all those icy Poes I'm expected to kill at the beginning (or stay out of the way off).

On the other hand, Lana's Lv. 3 Spellbook mission and Ganondorf's Lv. 3 Great Sword mission were alright.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Did Darunia get better at all since the DLCs came out? I want to pick this back up and finish the adventure mode map but I remember his level 3 hammer mission just being a roadblock because of how many shield moblins they throw at you, and not being able to kill them quickly enough to get A-rank for the time limit.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Who is everyone's favorite guys to play as. I like wizzro the most.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

mabels big day posted:

Who is everyone's favorite guys to play as. I like wizzro the most.

Darunia, Twili Midna, and Dominion Rod Zelda for maximum statue whacking.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Cia, Ghirahim, and Zant, probably. I enjoy using most of the movesets, though.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Spinner Link, Spellbook Lana, Ganondorf and Zant. I want to try Wizzro a little more too.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Ganondorf and Imp Midna are probably my favorites.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ganondorf because holy poo poo does it feel like you're controlling a final boss when you do that one combo where he summons his shadow to do a screen-clearer.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Imp Midna, Twili Midna, Sheik, Ruto, Fierce Diety and Fire Rod are the biggest ones that pop to mid right now.

Lana, Volga, Cia and Tingle are also pretty great. Also, did Deku Spread ever get patched since it feels a lot faster/smoother now. Maybe i just got better at using it

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Gauntlets Link, Summoning Gate Lana, Cia, Ruto, Ganondorf... actually I can go on, I've got a lot of favorites. :)

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

agitha

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pretty much any Link weapon, Naginata Impa, Ruto, Dominion Rod Zelda, Twili Midna, Ganondorf.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Favorites: OG Midna, Book Lana, Sheik, Rapier Zelda, Spinner Link, Wizzro, Great Fairy, Naginata Impa
Least Favorites: Agitha, Ruto, Fi, Darunia

Honestly haven't played enough of Twili Midna, Tingle, or Young Link to have a proper opinion of them yet

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Gauntlet Link is my jam.

Other than that, Wind Waker Zelda, Naginata Impa, Ganondorf and Twili Midna.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what skulltulas do I need to get the first reward map? I have all of the skulltulas in Legend Mode except the one on the last stage, but I'd still be missing two more illustrations. What am I missing?

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Spellbook Lana, Naginata Impa, Twili Midna, and Sheik are probably my favorites. I also like Rapier Zelda a lot but she's not as good at clearing as some of the others.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Calaveron posted:

So what skulltulas do I need to get the first reward map? I have all of the skulltulas in Legend Mode except the one on the last stage, but I'd still be missing two more illustrations. What am I missing?

First two levels on hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Yeah, how about most and least favorite? I play almost everyone because I'm sentimental and want each to have screen time, but I really enjoy all of Lana's weapons, Twili Midna, and the Baton. I actually never play Link, and although the friend I play with uses him all the time, he has only used the Spinner once or twice. I also don't like how awkward Darunia and Ghirahim are. The former seemingly only has C4 as a solid attack, and Ghirahim has a bunch of poo poo you can't cancel, and they both get hit all the time. Very annoying.

Edit: The Baton needs to move to Young Link to go with a Toon Link skin :colbert:

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 8, 2015

• Locked thread