Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

In what universe does anyone respond to the idea of going skiing like that?

Midnight Moth posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Are we supposed to think Michael is being dumb here? Because I'd make the same choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Tiggum posted:

Are we supposed to think Michael is being dumb here? Because I'd make the same choice.

You're supposed to side with the mom and think kids are a pain in the rear end. Or at least, that's what Lynn thinks.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Midnight Moth posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Wow! Now this is the kind of worship I can get behind!

I like the look of concerned and confused Wilson has as if legitimately wondering wither he'll have to totally re-think every thing he believes worship should be.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

jesus christ

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

You're supposed to be internet-savvy, Jason. If you really want to buy your sister a bunch of giant misshapen penises, there's sites for that.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

There was a volume one?

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

9 Chickweed Lane 2/8/2004

Jeeze Brook. At least you got the notation right, it looks like.

Zits

Wow. So much mauve coloration in those last few strips.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sony has to deal with Oreos flying out of their computers? :confused:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

I really hate this comic.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County starts to plan ahead.

Calvin And Hobbes hit the road again.

Ripley's

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Wow. So much mauve coloration in those last few strips.

You know, this wasn't even an accurate depiction of the Sony hack, unless there's also another puck or oreo or whatever the gently caress those are supposed to be sneaking in under the desk.

I guess what I'm saying is, gently caress you, Holbrook.

Heathcliff

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set has a surprisingly good understanding of how dating sites work.

Working Daze reminds you that one character is lazy.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (February 11, 1968)

Mason Jarr About To Get Food Poisoning

Classic Popeye Sunday, in which Olive gets to be productive for a change. (c. 1941-ish)

Meanwhile, Pogo finds a horrifying sub-clause in the groundhog rule book. (February 7, 1971; click for the legible one)

Out Our Way (August 6-7, 1926)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 9, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Julet Esqu posted:

Sure, if you like pathetic whiny little mama's boys who look vaguely like Kirk Cameron.
This is surely the darkest timeline.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Man, going from ultra-early Peanuts to "classic" Peanuts is always so jarring. When exactly in the strip's run did Charlie Brown turn into such a wuss?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

EasyEW posted:

Mason Jarr About To Get Food Poisoning

Wouldn't he KNOW how much property damage is in the movie because of the script? Which he would have read, y'know? As an actor?

Does this thing even have a script? Oh god, this is going to end with Les re-writing the Starbuck Jones script, isn't it?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

The Phantom

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (August 6-7, 1926)

Ok, I read that as "chompin'", not "champeen". Ew.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I finally quit putting it off and ponied up for a subscription renewal with comics kingdom. I hope nobody's on tenterhooks waiting for me to post a massive catch-up post with all your favorites we missed because.... Nope. Don't want to do that. If it seems like we missed anything important or awesome, though, I'll try to maybe find out what that was.

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man
I'm including one of the weeklys because it features a brilliant example of some of that clever humor and wordplay that has made Spidey a classic character beloved by millions:

I am going to post all the Prince Valiant we missed on account of all the :black101:

All the sudden Val is all queasy about violence.

Juliet Jones

Something tells me Eve is mistaken.

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bo-Baldwin

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Julet Esqu posted:

I finally quit putting it off and ponied up for a subscription renewal with comics kingdom. I hope nobody's on tenterhooks waiting for me to post a massive catch-up post with all your favorites we missed because.... Nope. Don't want to do that. If it seems like we missed anything important or awesome, though, I'll try to maybe find out what that was.
I let my Comics Kingdom subscription expire because the archives of all the stuff I post is online for free anyway and I don't even read them. Honestly it's a waste of $20 unless you really like the old stuff you can't easily find anywhere else.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 9, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Oh, Brother

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

So did Ben Bolt beat the Russian guy?

So Gilchrist spends the week drawing other people's characters and gags and finishes it up by thanking Ernie Bushmiller for letting him mooch of his creation for 20 years. gently caress you, Gilchrist.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Julet Esqu posted:

Juliet Jones
I'd be interested in a summary of how the memoir blackmail wrapped up, if you'd be kind enough to provide it.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

I still can't believe how good this has been lately. Theron is just trolling everybody all day and Mandrake the Goon is afraid to talk to his girlfriend, it's just magical.

Fingerpori

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Arelon posted:

I still can't believe how good this has been lately. Theron is just trolling everybody all day and Mandrake the Goon is afraid to talk to his girlfriend, it's just magical illusional.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Jean-Claude Duvalier became President of Haiti at age 19!... because his father was an autocratic, CIA-backed dictator who had absolute control over the rules of succession! He then embezzled millions from state funds while most of his citizens lived in poverty!

Funny how Ripley's never seems to mention stuff like that. But... hey, money-scented cologne!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Selachian and Darthemed posted:

But what happened to Ben Bolt and Juliet Jones?! :ohdear:

Ok, I admit I'm curious myself.

When we left Ben Bolt he was just starting to figure out that the way to beat a guy whose memorized all his moves is to use different moves. He starts switching stuff around which confuses Igor, but also leaves Ben open. Both men trade blows and Ben goes down a time or two, but finally he goes all :supaburn: and wins the fight:

Everybody is very happy and feeling incredibly patriotic. And I mean everybody:

:patriot: And that's where we will pick up tomorrow.

Last we heard from Juliet Jones, Eve had been taking dictation for a book from Mrs. Marmon, who turned out to be a horrible dried-up old bitch! Eve and her sorta boyfriend Billy can't confront Mrs. Marmon for her blackmail attempt because she has apparently sailed off for Europe. They decide to confront her butler, Louis, instead. It doesn't go well at first, but we love Eve because Eve's got moxie:

She finally manages to trick Louis into letting them in. It turns out, of course, that Mrs. Marmon is not in Europe. She and Eve start with the name-calling almost immediately. Mrs. Marmon orders Louis to throw the young people out, and threatens to fire him if they get in again. Louis agrees to do as he's told... but first he has a shocking plot twist to reveal!

:aaaaa: And so goes the story so far.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Nm

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 9, 2015

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Nm

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Nm

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Nm

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Just resell them all to your dad, Dustin. He'd probably eat them all too.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

No curly CFL bulbs?

On the Fastrack

There are a lot of "good game" or more accurately" gg no re"

Safe Havens

And means roughly gently caress-all since you're all in the same college.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

And means roughly gently caress-all since you're all in the same college.

And, at the moment, SATs are out of 2400.

So they all go to a pretty sucky school.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

And they drive off and immediately hit Ian's car.

Rex Morgan MD

Of course it is.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
As far as Sally Forth goes, we also missed Ted Forth shocking the world by actually giving sound and non-insane fatherly advice to Future Hil. (Mild spoiler, but don't read it if you plan on catching up on your own.)

Skippy is a tree hugger. (December 12, 1927)

Peanuts gives us ungrounded optimism. (February 12, 1968)

Mason Jarr's Catch Of The Day

Funky is understandably bored at watching his ex-wife get frisky with a dude who was going to play Les Moore in a made-for-cable movie.

Popeye

So to sum up: Pappy rubs a blue ball, it starts acting like it wants to explode. Nothing to see here.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (August 9-10, 1926)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 9, 2015

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tunicate posted:

And, at the moment, SATs are out of 2400.

So they all go to a pretty sucky school.
To be fair a lot of people ignore writing because it's lovely, so people often give scores out of 1600. Although it's been like six years since I talked about SATs because there was like a two week period after getting my score where I cared, so maybe things changed again.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Jane's World

How th... WHY THE gently caress ARE THERE POLYNESIANS IN THE FLORIDA KEYS! THAT'S THE WRONG OCEAN!

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

:stare: That's some serious Tammy Faye Baker poo poo goin' down right there.

9 Chickweed Lane 2/9/2004

Why is this funny? Is that a blues lick being played on a violin as if it were a guitar? Oh Great Master... I can only hope to aspire to your levels of pretentiousness.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

I can't believe, in a comic universe that contains such high tech stuff like computers, smartphones, cars... that the cats still poo poo in a cat box. I'm sure the other predators and herbivores just poo poo where they're standing too. It's like China or something. Bet their cities smell wonderful on a hot Summer day.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Have we seen this one before?

The Creeps starve.

Poptropica

Heathcliff must be allergic to cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

EasyEW posted:

Skippy is a tree hugger. (December 12, 1927)

And apparently for Prohibition repeal!

• Locked thread