Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Eh, when I was like 10-14 and playing UO, EQ, and Asheron's Call (which is a better game than any MMO on the market as far as I can tell)... I always hoped the genre would kind of evolve into being really neat.

Stuff like the way "guilds", monarchies, worked in Asheron's Call. You swore allegiance to a patron, and as his vassal some of your XP went to him, but they would teach you the game and give you stuff. And their patron's patron is the monarch. It was much more interesting than modern MMO guilds and DKP.

Now that I'm older I realize something: Massively Multiplayer means you're going to have too many toxic wastes of life playing to really do anything cool. Unless you call pissing people off for no reason cool -- though I'm not 14 anymore.

That and the worn out holy trinity style of combat mechanics plus reality of netcode and MMO combat limitations.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lurdiak posted:

I've bought almost every Humble Bundle and I keep giving all the money to charity ha ha ha gently caress you devs.

When they had the humble bundle with Fez so many people tweeted screenshots of them not giving any money to Phil Fish :owned:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The only thing good about MMOs is that their player base literally dies from them.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

indie art games own actualy

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I'd rather indie art games exist than not

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I'd rather indie art games exist than not

the cool thing about them is that some are good and some are bad but all of them make idiot nerds angry. that is the true art of indie art games.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
There are good indie art games? I can't think of one.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gone home

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
don't poo poo your pants

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sleep is death was weird and cool

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden is indie and art.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
how many people in Games are getting laid on valentines day

ballpark guess

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm just going to edit my save file to had_sex=1 for the day

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Excels posted:

how many people in Games are getting laid on valentines day

ballpark guess

Usually we eat and drink too much and stay out late and then just pass out after getting home but since it's on a Saturday probably bone in the morning, so 1 at least

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Stux posted:

gone home

I've just been stux'd

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

I've just been stux'd

no i honestly like it

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Okay, so Rock Band 2 apparently has 84 on-disc songs. Only 21 are available to begin. I enter the "unlock all songs" code, it says accepted... and there's still only 21 songs.
Do I HAVE to play though and unlock the remaining 63 songs manually? Why isn't the unlock code working?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

if gone home isn't a game then neither is fez, since neither of them have 'lose' states.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

if gone home isn't a game then neither is fez, since neither of them have 'lose' states.
Playing Fez is the lose state.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

can't argue with that

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Excels posted:

Uh, both have an implied lose state, the safety clause that makes Monkey Island a game

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

le poisson le poisson

hee hee hee

hon hon hon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

gone home is good. it's too much money for how little it is, but i liked it.

thehoax
Feb 23, 2011

Well, then.

Bicyclops posted:

gone home is good. it's too much money for how little it is, but i liked it.

It had a nice atmosphere and captured the eerie feeling of being in an unfamiliar place really well. I'd agree that it costs too much, but it's worth grabbing in a sale or a bundle.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

nice av

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Yeah I think this makes like 50 bucks someone has spent buying this exact same AV for several people over the last while.

For that money you could buy several copies of Shovel Knight smh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Yeah I think this makes like 50 bucks someone has spent buying this exact same AV for several people over the last while.

For that money you could buy several copies of Shovel Knight smh

I think if I had all the money people had spent on avatars for me over the years, I could get myself a new 3DS.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
were you even making fun of starbound

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

elf help book posted:

No I think I called someone a bad word a couple of months ago or made fun of people for being like the Xbox One sucks thread awhile back.

I don't even know what it is really.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's probably a present from ArfJason.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i'll give someone a Club Nintendo account with like 6-800 coins if they give me a cool gamer av

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

elf help book posted:

i wish starbound was a dick so i could put it in my rear end and mouth

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Who the heck did you manage to piss off, Eonwe?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

Who the heck did you manage to piss off, Eonwe?

I had that guy buy me a starbound av, someone restored my pink elephant then I got this one in the hardline thread

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Eonwe posted:

I had that guy buy me a starbound av, someone restored my pink elephant then I got this one in the hardline thread

chet owns

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I think that people who are in the top 10 GBS Hellthread posters should not be able to post in Games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gently caress it not even only the top 10 the regulars too.

• Locked thread