Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

So what skulltulas do I need to get the first reward map? I have all of the skulltulas in Legend Mode except the one on the last stage, but I'd still be missing two more illustrations. What am I missing?

You get the hard mode Skulltulas from the first two stages. They need you to play as a specific character with a specific weapon on Hard or Hero difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Yeah, how about most and least favorite?

Fi by a country mile.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like mostly everyone but I don't like playing as Agitha.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Young Link, Tingle, and Great Fairy aren't that fun.

Great Fairy just feels so slow because the model is so big, going anywhere feels annoying as hell.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mabels big day posted:

Who is everyone's favorite guys to play as. I like wizzro the most.

Hell yeah, Wizzro loving rules. He's one of the best designed characters since every single one of his moves is useful.

Bloodly posted:

So you'd rather he be a clone of Ruto/Darunia rather than the Biggoron Sword?

Conveniently forgetting the deku mask exists I see.

Zore posted:

Young Link, Tingle, and Great Fairy aren't that fun.

Great Fairy just feels so slow because the model is so big, going anywhere feels annoying as hell.

Great Fairy has the problem where basically all of her attacks are long drawn out animations with zero play interaction. Whenever I have to play as her, I feel like I'm playing as a cutscene rather than a character.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Great Fairy has the problem where basically all of her attacks are long drawn out animations with zero play interaction. Whenever I have to play as her, I feel like I'm playing as a cutscene rather than a character.

Also her power boost doesn't have a visible timer bar and you're basically guaranteed to run out of it unless you just do basic combos. I love the idea of the great fairy as a weapon, but she's just really difficult to use.

For my favorites, I'd probably have to go with Cia, giant sword Impa, and Ghirahim, and my least favorites would probably be Darunia, Ruto, Sheik, and the various incarnations of sword Link.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I like playing as most, but I'm gonna be the boring guy who says he prefers Master Sword Link.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I am all about the Sword Beams, so Master Sword Link was my go-to guy before I met my TRUE love, Fierce Deity Link. :swoon:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I like basically every Link weapon except the swords. I dunno, all his other poo poo feels like it flows better and his sword range feels limited.

He is definitely my go-to guy for tough maps you can use anyone in though. He's also about 20 levels higher than anyone else for me.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Girahim's gimmick still hasn't quite clicked for me, and I can't dodge-cancel any of his animations, so I tend to avoid playing him. And with Darunia, I feel myself only doing the one combo over and over. I mean, I tend to play Ganondorf and Ruto the same way, but the giant arm and tidal wave feel way more satisfying than the W.

I really like Lana, because some of her animations are great. When she does her Deku Spear WPS, I can't help but make a machine gun noise, like a kid.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really like playing as Lana because all of her weapons are fantastic, but you have to build up a tolerance to her :holy: personality.

People have mentioned most of the characters I find really poor but Midna is also one I dislike a lot. I mean she's functional, but my problem when I play as her is I see no reason to use anything other than her hand slam combo 99% of the time. For some reason that's the only attack that refills her dark meter on top of being really strong. Why would I use anything else when spamming that move means I don't have to waste time grabbing mooks to get more dark?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dont like or get the fire rod either.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I really like playing as Lana because all of her weapons are fantastic, but you have to build up a tolerance to her :holy: personality.

People have mentioned most of the characters I find really poor but Midna is also one I dislike a lot. I mean she's functional, but my problem when I play as her is I see no reason to use anything other than her hand slam combo 99% of the time. For some reason that's the only attack that refills her dark meter on top of being really strong. Why would I use anything else when spamming that move means I don't have to waste time grabbing mooks to get more dark?

Her XXY wolf-shuriken combo butchers absolutely everything in her path and is far more useful than the hand-slam.

Those two combos are really all you need, though.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

mabels big day posted:

I dont like or get the fire rod either.

Neither did I until I got a 420 power blazing rod. My trick to using it is to only use that one combo where the rod turns into a magic axe and flies around.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Gaffle posted:

420 power blazing rod

I see.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It's easier for me to list characters I don't like. The list is pretty short.

Sheik. I don't care that she's good, she's dull as dishwater.

Honorable mentions- Fi, Agitha

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Sheik, dull? The multi element gimmick is awesome!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I might be the only person who doesn't like Wizzro, bullet spam isn't as fun as I'd hoped and for most of his combos he's completely rooted to one spot for long periods of time.

Fi could really use an overhaul. As it stands she needs to use her C1 charge just to do the average damage, and she's way too floaty and it makes fighting single enemies a huge pain. Maybe if the charge did something different, like shooting sword beams or changing her combos, but as it stands she's just not that great.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Gaffle posted:

My trick to using it is to only use that one combo where the rod turns into a magic axe and flies around.

hell fuckin yes

mabels big day posted:

They need to add taunting to this game. I wish to taunt my enemies when I complete a mission.

:agreed:

Excels fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 8, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They need to add taunting to this game. I wish to taunt my enemies when I complete a mission.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That's just another reason Wizzro is great. He's a huge rear end in a top hat to mocks everyone.

:shivdurf::"You're nothing but trash! Consider yourself garbage that has been disposed of!"

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I used to hate Lana, but then I found out that you can dodge cancel out of all of her attacks and follow up by using a C1 to make the little electrical squares explode, and now she's one of my favorite next to Ruto, Naganita Impa, the newly buffed Zant, and Link on Epona. But Agitha and Great Fairy Link leave a lot to be desired. Namely good combos.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

jivjov posted:

Sheik, dull? The multi element gimmick is awesome!

I dunno. The only ones that ever seem worth using are the water and lightning ones. So I end up just making myself invulnerable and run around in a lighting field doing basic Y mashing all like 'ehhhhh im op eh ehh ehhhhhh'

Just not into it. :colbert:

edit: She's one of the top 3 "best" characters for sure though. It's great that nobody's really bad, Darunia is probably the worst and he can still get the job done without too much trouble.

edit: Darunia is the best in all the ways that matter though

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 8, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hate Sheik, as a person.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Anybody have any tips they could give me for the Hard mode Skulltula in "Shining Beacon (Valley of Seers 2)"? The requirement is Defeat Volga two or more times and open a gate to the Enemy Base while keeping Zelda alive.

Problem I'm having is Volga spends half the mission in an inaccessible keep. When he finally gets his rear end out, he has some kind of dark Plot Armor. I tried beating on him as soon as he left the keep, but he regenerated his health as soon as he got to below half (while wrecking my face, I might add). So then I tried leaving him alone until Zelda talks him down, but then he never came back.

What's the trick?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

From what I remember you just gotta beat him once before triggering the Great Fairy event, then carry on with the mission as usual.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

So could you just make the Rupees/XP potion and go through that MQ map, die at the end, and repeat to keep getting use out of the same potion? Or maybe one of the new rupees maps?

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

mastajake posted:

So could you just make the Rupees/XP potion and go through that MQ map, die at the end, and repeat to keep getting use out of the same potion? Or maybe one of the new rupees maps?

You don't get the rupees if you restart the map, and remember that every time you finish a map on the Termina screen (even network links, I found that out the hard way ugh) it counts down an hour.

As for the most/least favorite characters, my favorite is Twili Midna and least favorite is tied between Ghirahim and Zant. Ghirahim especially pisses me off because his weak attacks start teleporting him all over the goddamn so when I try to dodge attacks I end up dodging -into- them instead because whoops I was suddenly over there! Thank goodness I can leave their squares til my husband gets home and can be my player 2 to murderzerg whatever it is I'd been having trouble with. Though Zant is getting a bit easier to understand. Agitha's C2 is amazing for officer juggling and I like just hopping on the butterfly and immediately divebombing the ground for clearing trash, so she's now in the "don't like her but I don't need a player 2" category.

Also, Tingle does not exist. He's at level 1 and will remain there forever. Unfortunately you can't sell your very last weapon, but I can sell everything he gets and leave him with the starter balloon >.>

Oh, and my husband and I got the rupee glitch the other night so we bumped everyone up to at least level 100 and took a buncha skills off weapons that we otherwise really want to use and it was great :D

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Silver Falcon posted:

Anybody have any tips they could give me for the Hard mode Skulltula in "Shining Beacon (Valley of Seers 2)"? The requirement is Defeat Volga two or more times and open a gate to the Enemy Base while keeping Zelda alive.

Problem I'm having is Volga spends half the mission in an inaccessible keep. When he finally gets his rear end out, he has some kind of dark Plot Armor. I tried beating on him as soon as he left the keep, but he regenerated his health as soon as he got to below half (while wrecking my face, I might add). So then I tried leaving him alone until Zelda talks him down, but then he never came back.

What's the trick?

You have to completely deplete his HP so that he retreats, let him return, kick his butt again, then continue the plot. While he has the plot armor. If it's too hard, come back at a higher level.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Wait, Rupee glitch? I haven't heard of it.

Also, I think for that skulluta you only have to kill him once while he's buffed up and our second kill can be once the storyline debuffs him. You have to use the Deku Spear though

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Hmm. I tried again. I beat him up as soon as he appeared, then triggered the Great Fairy, let Zelda divest him of his Plot Armor, then kicked his butt to the curb.

And nothing. No Skultulla popping up or anything. Can you beat him up twice before the Great Fairy event? He didn't seem to be coming back after I made him retreat the first time, and I waited around for quite awhile.

For the record, Zelda was fine and I am using the Deku Spear.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

You can't let any of your allies flee, and there are quite a few. That might be your problem.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
You need to completely kill him once while he still has the dark power. He'll respawn a few seconds later, then you can trigger the Great Fairy once he gets back in range, let Zelda talk him down, then kill him again. You also need to open the Enemy Base gate, the one Cia's behind, but that should happen automatically as long as you've proceeded far enough into the stage.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

mastajake posted:

You can't let any of your allies flee, and there are quite a few. That might be your problem.

Oh son of a bitch yes, that would be the problem. The guide I was using only mention Zelda! That is dumb and lame.

Time to rope my husband into this one, I think. I can't be everywhere at once, drat it!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I like sheik but i like zelda even more.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Wait, Zant is actually good now? I refuse to believe you crazy people.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zant's not just good... He's crazy good!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Wait, Zant is actually good now? I refuse to believe you crazy people.

No, seriously, try him out.

His C2 wrecks big boss gauges. He's like an actual competent character now.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I hear tell that Zant used to be awful, or some nonsense like that.

Seriously, though, he's not broken, but you don't dread missions where you're forced to use him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I still haven't even unlocked Zant and he's the character I want to use the most :(

• Locked thread