Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

This is basically a cover from an 80's GI Joe comic book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"David Cameron and the art of distraction - Chris Riddell on the prime minister’s eagerness to seize on Labour’s problems"

Sunday Telegraph:

Baftas 2015: British hopefuls ready for red carpet; Top businessman who believes Ed Miliband can take the country forward

Independent on Sunday:

Ukraine crisis: Leaders plan new Minsk peace talks

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Yea, I found them kinda awesome, even if I know it's pretty much macho bullshit propaganda. If Ramirez or any of the other hacks had this kind of talent, their cartoons would still be insane but at the same time they could at least be something you could enjoy at one level.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

How Bibi's actions are affecting the "special relationship."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Yup. I have no idea why they ended up going with this:

instead.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
This got lost in the great pulp art posting that followed, but I feel I have to comment on it.

"I wish that black man weren't so uppity."
- a black man
--- a white man

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Yup. I have no idea why they ended up going with this:

instead.

Cowboy Black Man puts Commie Filth in a Headlock

These pics own

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
And yes, I realize how awesome Chainsaw Man is, but I think that just goes without saying, it's the small details that make it for me.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

forbidden lesbian posted:

And yes, I realize how awesome Chainsaw Man is, but I think that just goes without saying, it's the small details that make it for me.

One of the dudes on fire is attacking another guy who is even more on fire.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

JaggerMcDagger posted:

One of the dudes on fire is attacking another guy who is even more on fire.

God is in his heaven and all is right with the world.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Goddamn, that reminds me I bought a coffee table book of of men's magazine art and never found it. It's like I'm too much of a pussy and the book just got up and contemptuously left my house.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

I was thinking early 70's action movie poster. The Zagreb Raid! Starring Ben Gazzara, David Janssen, and Britt Ekland. Directed by Antonio "Bud" Macchisconni. Rated PG

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Actually.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Okay, seriously, what is with the random links at the end of your posts? Several people have asked. That link even has a separate link in the period.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Kakairo posted:

Okay, seriously, what is with the random links at the end of your posts? Several people have asked. That link even has a separate link in the period.

I think at this point it's just trolling the people who keep asking about it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mississippi! Only two this week of note.

Former Republican state Sen. Tim Johnson recently announced he was going to run for Lt. Gov. - as a democrat. Why? Because we haven't expanded Medicaid for all Mississippians yet. And yes, he is an Elvis impersonator.

The state legislature has just finished its "design bills" period and has gone on to "let everything die in committee" period.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Everyone makes fun of the Loss storyline from Ctrl+Alt+Del (and rightly so), but consider this: Muir also had his heroine miscarry his hero's baby, and handled that plot point with less sensitivity and care than Buckley did. Ethan and Lilah agonized over the miscarriage for months before moving on, but Sam and Zed? Sam went out drinking with Jan one night and completely recovered emotionally. The strip was back to its old wacky hijinks in less than a month.

E: Ugh typos

Uhh what? Please tell me this is hyperbole

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Flaskraven posted:

No, there were some typos in that post.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
edit: ^^^ :respek:

Flaskraven posted:

if anything he's underselling it. It was done as a whole "woman weak, man strong" thing because she lost it from stress worrying about Zed as he recovered from getting his scar, and her "emotional recovery" was accepting that Zed was great.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Fried Chicken posted:

if anything he's underselling it. It was done as a whole "woman weak, man strong" thing because she lost it from stress worrying about Zed as he recovered from getting his scar, and her "emotional recovery" was accepting that Zed was great.

Every time I feel bad about how big a piece of poo poo Muir is writing things like this I just remember he'll be alone forever and it doesn't sting as bad.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

If I remember correctly, he actually went from showing how waifu was traumatised from the miscarriage to a "lol hospital gowns show your butt" joke within the very same drat strip, or at least the very next one.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Hitler has no mouth and he must be a ham handed metaphor.

Literally "good thing actually bad thing".

As if republicans ever pull the trigger on immigration.

Welcome to Godwinville, population: pretty much every political cartoonist.

Decent jobs in a right to work state are a mirage. AGC.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Not pictured: The bottles of anti-freeze and bleach leaking into the water.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Internet Webguy posted:

Wasn't this exact cartoon done by someone else a few days ago?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Internet Webguy posted:

As if republicans ever pull the trigger on immigration.

Actually, I think Alabama and Florida did a few years ago, and then had all their farmers watch crops rot in the field as American's aren't interested in working starvation wages to pick fruit.

Edit: By "did this" I meant "actually pulled the trigger and were hard on immigration".

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 8, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Internet Webguy posted:

Decent jobs in a right to work state are a mirage. AGC.

"You will eat this poo poo, and you will like it."

Also good job dressing the Union folks in a suit, at least Allie knows what kind of people the unemployed actually despise.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 8, 2015

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

DEBT

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Unlike most DEBT cartoons, this one points out the cost of military expenditures. I think those are supposed to be the actually costs of the weapons, showing that the price of loving up another nation's infrastructure is neglecting your own.

I like it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I agree with lazy comic therefore good comic

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Garrand posted:

Wasn't this exact cartoon done by someone else a few days ago?
Yep.

Internet Webguy posted:

Welcome to Godwinville, population: pretty much every political cartoonist.
Okay, who sent out the ISIL=Hitler talking point to the usual hacks, and are you dumb motherfuckers seriously just figuring that poo poo out now? Because Kobani's been a miniature Stalingrad vs the advance of the Nazis ISIL since loving October. (And just like Stalingrad, the city's kinda hosed, but ISIL got their asses handed to them.):getin:
If this was pointing out the astronomical costs of the F-35 I'd agree with it, but US airstrikes have actually done a shitton of good against ISIL.

Since everyone's seen the Tel Shair hill gif, and I realize that seeing people (even ISIL people) being taken out via US bombs is uncomfortable for some of the threadviewers, I won't link it again.

The Middle East thread has sorta made me forget that not everyone has seen poo poo like that before.:(

fade5 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 8, 2015

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Dimensions on these keep changing, if this is too big I'll edit it. Lee Judge is the worst offender with his gigantic 1440 x 1120 images.

Higher wages, better benefits? Uniooonnnsss! :argh: One of my least favorite jobs was being an administrator for a slimeball that wouldn't accept subcontracts from any builder that used union labor.

I got several proposals from a Chinese company that was putting up new apartments in the city, I was told not to pursue bidding because, "Nah, they'll just give it to the Chinamen!" Yup, "Chinamen" is still used in AD 2015 in NYC.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

I agree with lazy comic therefore good comic

Did the bad webcomics crew kick you out or what?

Post 9-11 User posted:

Dimensions on these keep changing, if this is too big I'll edit it. Lee Judge is the worst offender with his gigantic 1440 x 1120 images.

You can automatically readjust these to a more reasonable size by sticking an l before the .gif bit in the url, like so:

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 8, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pander posted:

Unlike most DEBT cartoons, this one points out the cost of military expenditures. I think those are supposed to be the actually costs of the weapons, showing that the price of loving up another nation's infrastructure is neglecting your own.

I like it.

Yeah, most DEBT cartoons are about clumsy metaphors, where you get some random object or animal with a DEBT label and you're expected to think said random object or animal is bad. Here it's not a metaphor, it's more like "here's a thing that's happening, and one consequence of it we don't talk about often".

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I haven't done one of these in a while, but sometimes Chris is just asking for it.

Koishi Komeiji fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 9, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Portals posted:

Did the bad webcomics crew kick you out or what?

I once won platinum entirely by being good at political cartoons

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

I once won platinum entirely by being good at political cartoons

And all I got was a whiskey sour mailed to me :negative:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm delaying Sunday School so you can all appreciate that dbd edit

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

fade5 posted:

Okay, who sent out the ISIL=Hitler talking point to the usual hacks, and are you dumb motherfuckers seriously just figuring that poo poo out now? Because Kobani's been a miniature Stalingrad vs the advance of the Nazis ISIL since loving October. (And just like Stalingrad, the city's kinda hosed, but ISIL got their asses handed to them.):getin:

I'm pretty sure it started with the anniversary of Auschwitz, which featured a bunch of speeches by the Never Again folks, so Hitler was fresh in the zeitgeist. Then the news channels feature non-stop footage of ISIL burning people alive because it was a slow news week. Thus, two things happened with the added bonus of criticizing Obama because he's not fighting The New Hitlers hard enough. And that's how everyone became Ted Rall.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fade5 posted:

If this was pointing out the astronomical costs of the F-35 I'd agree with it, but US airstrikes have actually done a shitton of good against ISIL.

Since everyone's seen the Tel Shair hill gif, and I realize that seeing people (even ISIL people) being taken out via US bombs is uncomfortable for some of the threadviewers, I won't link it again.

The Middle East thread has sorta made me forget that not everyone has seen poo poo like that before.:(

That's a British cartoon about British airplanes being expensive while simultaneously the NHS is saying that they literally have to reject the new budget the government is proposing because they cannot pay their doctors and keep their hospitals open with the funding cuts that are being proposed, and schools saying that with the funding cuts they're being given they are having to fire teachers and increase class sizes because they have already saved 100% of the money they can save that isn't in wages. It is a good cartoon about Britain being torn apart by their lovely austerity-obsessed government while the PM tries to use his war against ISIS as a way to get reelected so that he can continue eviscerating the British state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
The final comic of Dbd will be Muiry Sue discovering he is alone in a trailer talking to himself. His friends and family long ago left him once he went insane. :unsmith:

• Locked thread