Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

duke nukem 3d is pretty hard.

the replay feature on the megaton edition owns

shadow warrior doubled up on that poo poo. game's such a pain in the rear end when even the basic enemy can drop 50 HP off of you in an instant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
duke nukem and tomb raider were the first computer games i ever played. first time i got to play with a computer was at my buddy's house and played those. 10 year old me was blown away by stripper tits.

:dukedog:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i'm still collecting big box pc games and my virgin shelf grows ever larger and i'm so loving proud of it

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

duke nukem and tomb raider were the first computer games i ever played. first time i got to play with a computer was at my buddy's house and played those. 10 year old me was blown away by stripper tits.

:dukedog:

I got tomb raider 2 on the pc for christmas when I was 11 or 12 along with an N64 branded joystick (wtf!) that I could never get to work. Had a hot babysitter that saw the cover art and was all " I know why you asked for this game" because it looked like this and yeah she was right:

I played that poo poo with keyboard alone and ended up finishing the game without a guide or cheats. poo poo was on sale on Good Old Games and I tried it and don't know how I ever put up with that poo poo back in the day.

fake edit:

found it! The only images I could find were from australian ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nintendo-PC-15-pin-joystick-controller-vintage-rare-NJS-3d1-nice-/131246020538

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

the tomb raider games always were awful poorly controlling pieces of crap hth

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
video games

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i finished dragon age origin and the expansion and didnt like it

now im playing dragon age 2 what the gently caress is wrong with me?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I was playing the epoch mod for arma III and ended up running into other gippers, which I did not expect at all. I ran around for thirty minutes getting shot by them and ninja turtles while naked.

I did not expect the internet to be a small place.

Also was shot by Rrail ~four times while sprinting in a straight line at him repeatedly.

I didn't want to shoot them because they were making the ninja turtle guys really mad and it was funny. v :) v

Commoners fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 7, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

skip da2 and head to da origins

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

ded posted:

skip da2 and head to da origins

Told a friend to do that, he disappeared for two weeks and came back saying "gently caress me I should have played it before".

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I ended up liking DA:O a whole lot, but by the time I got to the expansion I was pretty tired of it. Dragon Age 2, though, that one's a loving doozy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Like it was really satisfying to come up with a solid set of tactics for your party and let the game mostly play itself in DA: O. That game's difficulty could be a real pain in the dick sometimes.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Commoners posted:

I was playing the epoch mod for arma III and ended up running into other gippers, which I did not expect at all. I ran around for thirty minutes getting shot by them and ninja turtles while naked.

I did not expect the internet to be a small place.

Also was shot by Rrail ~four times while sprinting in a straight line at him repeatedly.

I didn't want to shoot them because they were making the ninja turtle guys really mad and it was funny. v :) v

yeah those ninja turtle dudes got on the server's teamspeak and bitched up a storm which is why we got told they'd ban us

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Like it was really satisfying to come up with a solid set of tactics for your party and let the game mostly play itself in DA: O. That game's difficulty could be a real pain in the dick sometimes.

there was really only one thing that soured me on the combat and that was the insane amount of enemies that could knock a guy down and maul the gently caress out of them and there not being any kind of counter to it

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nobnob posted:

Told a friend to do that, he disappeared for two weeks and came back saying "gently caress me I should have played it before".

you know what i actually did was have a major brain fart there, i meant to say skip da2 and head to da inquisition

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Sunless Sea is real good y'all

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

you know what i actually did was have a major brain fart there, i meant to say skip da2 and head to da inquisition

too late im a few hours into da2 im well aware of its poo poo rep, im just curios/an idiot

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Minibikes coming to 7 Days to Die.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Godholio posted:

Minibikes coming to 7 Days to Die.

:woop:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

too late im a few hours into da2 im well aware of its poo poo rep, im just curios/an idiot

its ok but every place is reused and millions of stupid loving ninjarope in encounters uggghhh

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea ive started to see the same locations repeating, they made like a dozen encounter maps and just walled them off differently for each quest. been plowing thru it on easy i really dont have to do much during combat, my buddies do most of the heavy lifting :effort:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
if you want to see some nightmare inducing hands, do the romance with the dalish elf

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

besiege is a Fun Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUnjxftU6r0

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm not entirely sure if I get what's going on in Sunless Sea but it seems like a really cool game

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Recreated the spaceship from Space 1999 in Kerbal Space Program, complete with a re-usable lander.

Was coming back to Kerbal, quicksaved, and right after hit a set of booster tanks from when I put up the refueling station.

BOOM!

Your hosed now, Jeb!

I was using 450KM orbit at the equator for most of my high end poo poo.

The booster tanks I'd dropped at 450, moved up to where I wanted the station on the smaller engines and an opposing orbit to Kerbal, and set up the station.

I came back to 450, hit F-5, and right as I let off the key, while "QUICKSAVING" was still on the screen.

WHAM! BOOSTER ROCKET POD TO THE FACE!

hosed that save.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Feb 9, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I'm not entirely sure if I get what's going on in Sunless Sea but it seems like a really cool game

yeah i'm playing it as well, enjoyable as hell so far

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

37 minutes of Homeworld remastered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtqy0CGur4

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Same

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

icantfindaname posted:

it's like if you made several long effortposts about how you absolutely hate sitcoms and wish they'd just go away but then apparently your favorite shows are Seinfeld and the Big Bang Theory, and then you try to insist that Seinfeld doesn't actually count as a sitcom and try to redefine the word 'sitcom'? you're going on tirades about 'anime' but you like Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney and poo poo and somehow those don't count and you're redefining your own special purpose definition for the word 'anime' so the games you like aren't that and the ones you don't like are or something? i don't get it, is all. why not just say "I like games X Y and Z, and not games A B and C", instead of doing this?

games is such a bad forum and im happy we have our own thread

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So Bloodborne looks cool.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

games is such a bad forum and im happy we have our own thread

anime is stupid trash tho :confused:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

anime is stupid trash tho :confused:

its from the vita thread

aka anime: the handheld game device

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

So Bloodborne looks cool.

yes it does. between that and phantom pain 2015 is going to be very good

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its from the vita thread

aka anime: the handheld game device

ok

i suggest not reading games threads then :)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yes it does. between that and phantom pain 2015 is going to be very good

Does it have any of the multi-player features that the Souls games do?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Does it have any of the multi-player features that the Souls games do?

Yeah, I think so. There's definitely multiplayer- there's a special mode where you clear out a procedural generated dungeon with your bros- I don't know if it's going to have the same sort of "HEY HERES A PERSON INVADING YOUR poo poo" like in DS. Hopefully it does.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yeah, I think so. There's definitely multiplayer- there's a special mode where you clear out a procedural generated dungeon with your bros- I don't know if it's going to have the same sort of "HEY HERES A PERSON INVADING YOUR poo poo" like in DS. Hopefully it does.

Cool. I pre-ordered it. Gonna be awesome slaying werewolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Been playing the poo poo out of Ground Zeroes lately. I'm really pleased that the K+B controls are workable for a series I'm so used to playing with a controller. Can't wait for Phantom Pain.

• Locked thread