Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Remy Marathe posted:

You won't be disappointed, by episode 5 the opening theme is changed to "Way Down in the Hole". Carl's rendition is the best so far.

I think you mean Beth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Remy Marathe posted:

You won't be disappointed, by episode 5 the opening theme is changed to "Way Down in the Hole". Carl's rendition is the best so far.

You mean CORALLL's.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Trailers for people that ain't seen them yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdA2ERFyUkg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv4-F6Q-1FQ

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So I was incredibly hungover the other day and binge-watched the entirety of Z-Nation on Netflix.

That show is hilarious. Made me want Walking Dead to come back even more. God I'm such a sucker for anything zombie-related. :zombie:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

So for those that are wanting a quick recap, College Humor sums it up nicely

Dale being Herschel was something I completely missed, but makes so much sense

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Spiteski posted:

Wow. That narrator sure is something. I turned it off after the zombie's took Rick off of the horse.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Spiteski posted:

T-Dog being the most important character on the show is true though. It's *rough* being a black guy in the zombie apocalypse.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bored posted:

Wow. That narrator sure is something. I turned it off after the zombie's took Rick off of the horse.

I don't understand that trend of oh so wacky narrators, I blame the Honey Badger video.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wow this premiere of season 5b has really snuck up on me. I thought we had a few weeks to go yet. Can't wait to get back into hate watching this with the rest of the thread.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That narrator was pretty insufferable, but overall the video was entertaining.

So who's going to die in the premier? Somebody's got to.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

Rick's arm.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Wow this premiere of season 5b has really snuck up on me. I thought we had a few weeks to go yet. Can't wait to get back into hate watching this with the rest of the thread.

You've got a couple more weeks to wait then. I'm sure the first episode back will trick us into believing there's hope for the rest of the season, then we'll give the second episode a pass for not being as good because maybe they're just setting a bunch of stuff up ...

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

My bet is on Glenn and/or Maggie. Probably Glenn so we have a series of episodes leading Maggie to madness after losing sister and lover. Eventually culminating on her suicide by walker or something.

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 7, 2015

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Yeah, earlier today someone told me it was coming back tomorrow and I had totally forgotten there was the second half-season. I also totally forgot(along with the person who told me it came back tomorrow) what happened at the end of the last halfseason, not a good sign

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010
I don't think it's an unpopular opinion to say that this season has been the best the show has been in a while, maybe we could wait for an actual episode to air before we start the two minutes hate?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Can't wait for this thread to get lovely again.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Buddington posted:

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion to say that this season has been the best the show has been in a while, maybe we could wait for an actual episode to air before we start the two minutes hate?

My personal opinion is that season 4 and 5 are an improvement compared to season 2 and 3, but the last episode was pretty weak, and the show still drops the ball quite a bit.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That recap video was about as accurate as this thread is when the show is going on

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Spiteski posted:

Someone apparently thinks that Southpark's wacky voice was the epitome of voice over work.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

My personal opinion is that season 4 and 5 are an improvement compared to season 2 and 3, but the last episode was pretty weak, and the show still drops the ball quite a bit.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
...or drops the van I guess?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I just blitzed through the whole thing in about 2 weeks (I didn't have anything better to do) so reading through this thread is quite funny. Even watching it back to back there are things which really seemed to drag on (are they ever going to leave this loving farm/I'm bored of this mystery illness), so I imagine watching it as it aired would be unbearable. I think I'll probably wait a couple of years to start watching again.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

savinhill posted:

I also totally forgot(along with the person who told me it came back tomorrow) what happened at the end of the last halfseason, not a good sign

Beth pulled a suicide by cop.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

JossiRossi posted:

Someone apparently thinks that Southpark's wacky voice was the epitome of voice over work.

When you see the quality of posting on CH comments sections, and the amount of people that take a lot of their poo poo seriously.. I don't blame them for going overboard with the "this isnt a real thing guys"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Just to recap the end of the final episode, the current objective is to find the hospital kid's (Noah?) dad or family, is that right? Haven't seen it since it aired, I know beth got shot from the grassy knoll but I can't really remember what was coming next.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If I remember right, everyone walked out and was crying. The end

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shooting Blanks posted:

Just to recap the end of the final episode, the current objective is to find the hospital kid's (Noah?) dad or family, is that right? Haven't seen it since it aired, I know beth got shot from the grassy knoll but I can't really remember what was coming next.

That's not the explicit objective as of the end of the last episode, but things are clearly headed that direction. Find the walled community near Richmond where Noah is from.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

That's not the explicit objective as of the end of the last episode, but things are clearly headed that direction. Find the walled community near Richmond where Noah is from.

What are the chances that the walled community near Richmond isn't exactly what it seems once you scratch the surface

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fullroundaction posted:

What are the chances that the walled community near Richmond isn't exactly what it seems once you scratch the surface

Walking Dead 101

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

fullroundaction posted:

Perhaps it is a group who has given up their humanity or broken some taboo in order to survive? Rick will have to deal with them but at the end of it will we be asking ourselves if Rick has become an even bigger monster?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
So what's happened in the last 500 posts while the show has been on Hiatus?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

Beth pulled a suicide by cop.

Huh, I guess I'm like Maggie

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

TraderStav posted:

So what's happened in the last 500 posts while the show has been on Hiatus?

"This show is loving terrible"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hakkesshu posted:

"This show is loving terrible"
It was actually pretty good for a while there but then it got bad again. I think it may have gotten good again near the ending but the ending itself was bad.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

So I was incredibly hungover the other day and binge-watched the entirety of Z-Nation on Netflix.

That show is hilarious. Made me want Walking Dead to come back even more. God I'm such a sucker for anything zombie-related. :zombie:

Z-Nation is pretty awesome despite low budget feel.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It was actually pretty good for a while there but then it got bad again. I think it may have gotten good again near the ending but the ending itself was bad.

To be honest if they didn't make the characters do incredibly stupid things just for the sake of advancing the plot, the show would be pretty decent.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I do think the show has greatly improved on the writing front (particularly in how they deal with character stuff) since the new showrunner took over. But there are still things they insist on doing that aren't needed (bringing the Governor back just to re-do the previous season's ending, killing off Beth in a stupid way). Sometimes the show is hamstrung with having to off characters like that. Dale's death was probably the stupidest one, but at least in that case it was mostly due to behind-the-scenes issues.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

etalian posted:

Z-Nation is pretty awesome despite low budget feel.

It does a lot of the common zombie tropes in funny, novel ways. I think it's great.

Doc smoking that joint with the zombie in the air duct? I could not believe that was happening, especially on SyFy.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

enraged_camel posted:

To be honest if they didn't make the characters do incredibly stupid things just for the sake of advancing the plot, the show would be pretty decent.

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This one of my favorite scenes in the show. It was shocking and cracked me up because her plan was so stupid.

But the leading up to it was top 3 best things the show's ever done.

• Locked thread