Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8aibUneV3E#t=396

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

When did you work on the west coast? Last time I checked, you were 24-26 and worked for three employers.

What is so admirable about west coast employers that you want to see that poo poo here?

this is cool and normal.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

it's a really great city.

it's apparently a popular place for lgbt people fleeing from the south, which is a shame because pennsylvania is the most northern state of the south

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this is cool and normal.

It is.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Citizen Tayne posted:

marginal poo poo from businesses teetering on the edge of insolvency.
us steel has started using groupon?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

you remember things that people say about themselves? that's pretty hosed up and abnormal

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

it is raining in San Francisco right now, SF sucks, shut it down

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

why even have a tech industry if elon musk isn't coding an app to disrupt the rain cycle do it only rains when it is convenient for my schedule this is bullshit

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bassguitarhero posted:

why even have a tech industry if elon musk isn't coding an app to disrupt the rain cycle do it only rains when it is convenient for my schedule this is bullshit

hyperloop

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
sf had like no rain in January. I'll take all this and more

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

found this in the preface of the book i'm reading, seemed relevant

quote:

The book is written not only for the interested layman — and for him I have tried to make things as simple as possible — but also for the professional engineer in the rocket business. For I have discovered that he is frequently abysmally ignorant of the history of his own profession, and, unless forcibly restrained, is almost certain to do something which, as we learned fifteen years ago, is not only stupid but is likely to result in catastrophe.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

holy poo poo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sagebrush posted:

is this from IGNITION! ??

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yea

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

why are the people laughing at that freak's jokes rather than at the freak himself

the casual racism is a nice touch, just in case his horrific hair and total lack of humor didn't make him hateable enough already

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Main Paineframe posted:

why are the people laughing at that freak's jokes rather than at the freak himself

the casual racism is a nice touch, just in case his horrific hair and total lack of humor didn't make him hateable enough already

asian people are racist as gently caress, dude.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
how many different stymies is tori at this point

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
TJ Miller owns

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

you remember things that people say about themselves? that's pretty hosed up and abnormal

the rate you're getting new avs i'm pretty sure you're the only thing keeping SA solvent

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Thesoro posted:

how many different stymies is tori at this point

the stymie with a thousand faces

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

carry on then posted:

the stymie with a thousand faces

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

carry on then posted:

the stymie with a thousand feces

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Wish they'd disrupt their posting lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
remember that suitcase full of limbs found outside twitter's office? the main suspect in that (who the police released after questioning) was just found dead.

good times here in silicon valley

http://kron4.com/2015/02/08/person-of-interest-in-san-francisco-suitcase-murder-reportedly-dies/

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

fits my needs posted:

so are white people

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

so is every person

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

fits my needs posted:

It would be interesting to try and figure out what the least racist part of the world is.

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost
Antarctica?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

compuserved posted:

Antarctica?

well, they have the people manning those research stations, and scientists can be prettttyyyy racaiistttt

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ADINSX posted:

It would be interesting to try and figure out what the least racist part of the world is.

america.

no bullshit.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

america.

no bullshit.

I figured it was probably either the US or Canada. Boy thats depressing (US I mean, I have never been to Canada)

edit: It would be interesting to pair that with how diverse each area is. Are the low values low because people are tolerant, or because there is such an overwhelming majority of <whatever> that the thought never occurred to them.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think the map basically proves what we all already knew: western hemisphere bestern hemisphere

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ADINSX posted:

I figured it was probably either the US or Canada. Boy thats depressing (US I mean, I have never been to Canada)

edit: It would be interesting to pair that with how diverse each area is. Are the low values low because people are tolerant, or because there is such an overwhelming majority of <whatever> that the thought never occurred to them.

pretty sure it's the opposite - places with few/no minorities usually tend to be more racist

that said, there's way too much blue on that map. if the question was about "black or Hispanic people" rather than "people of another race" the US would at least be crimson

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no, it's probably accurate, and a lot of people in the usa are just hiding their true feelings because they know it's inappropriate to say them.

but that's how social progress is made (q.v. the racist tree story). in france where 30% of the population is openly racist it's going to be harder to raise a kid who doesn't also harbor the same feelings.

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

or: "who is more likely to lie and/or feel some shame about their racism?"

edit: yeah, this:

Sagebrush posted:

no, it's probably accurate, and a lot of people in the usa are just hiding their true feelings because they know it's inappropriate to say them.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
let me show you on a whiteboard, how extremely not-rascist i am

(carry the two, and... )

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:latvia:

(its mostly same-race euros we hate)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
if someone says people in an area "don't care about race, it's about class", it's because they've kept out minorities on a statewide level (see: oregon)

i want to pay a bunch of black people to move to vermont so we can see exactly how "not racist" they are (vermont's black people currently are more likely to be in poverty than black people in georgia)

• Locked thread