Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
The Morg/Sivir combo also shut down a lot of what annie/vi can do because of black shield/spell shield defenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Piglet is infinitely better than Keith and Xpecial is a completely normal human being instead of this monster goons are projecting him to be, but man Piglet has been farming so poorly these past two weeks. He's regularly been 5th/6th in CS out of lane farmers if memory serves.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

lol @ piglet peacing out of every teamfight

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
DIGNITAS

IT'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo look at how happy CoreJJ was with Kiwi omg that's so precious

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG!!!!!!!!!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I see you dignitas

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

"Lustboy posted:

Do you know Piglet pushed CorrJJ out from SKT ADC final tryout before? It's about time now

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Kiwi made a lot of good plays but CloudNguyen really seems a lot more compatible with the rest of the team as a shot caller and jungler than Crumbzz was.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Phreak is really tearing this Liquid team comp apart here, that was pretty brutal and straight forward.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Che Delilas posted:

Kiwi made a lot of good plays but CloudNguyen really seems a lot more compatible with the rest of the team as a shot caller and jungler than Crumbzz did.

That was a great control game. If you can really attribute that to Cloud, that's an impressive beginning.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Killed By Death posted:

Revenge of the Carry

:allears:

That does it. I'm rooting for nuDig now. God bless you CloudNguyen, you made the worst team of the split worth loving.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Phreak is really tearing this Liquid team comp apart here, that was pretty brutal and straight forward.

They had a bad P/B and deserved the criticism

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

Their team comp was both really bad and extremely transparent. They gave up Ahri and Jarvan and then built an entire lineup around Piglet's Vayne which wasn't good. They got out-drafted at all five positions.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You really need to take a step back and look at Xpecial and how passive he was the entire game. Piglet would get some good poke in and then realize that his Annie support with stun available was behind his minion line so instead of following up he had to back up after taking damage that he should never had been in place to take. If Annie had any lane presence alongside with Vayne they would have dominated the Sivir/Morgana just on Piglet's trading alone, but he was nonexistent and passive and allow Morg to perfectly wait out a good binding.

Also it's better to ban a champion and play something you are much more capable than picking away the champion. No need for the Thresh ban at the Picks/Ban, just get rid of Annie and go with it. Terrible game by Liquid all around (especially Quas being a shitlord going in 1v5 a lot of times and making the team react to his play rather than coordinated team fights) but gonna see a lot of #Keepkeith because it'll be the pinnacle of comedy.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Asema posted:

You really need to take a step back and look at Xpecial and how passive he was the entire game. Piglet would get some good poke in and then realize that his Annie support with stun available was behind his minion line so instead of following up he had to back up after taking damage that he should never had been in place to take. If Annie had any lane presence alongside with Vayne they would have dominated the Sivir/Morgana just on Piglet's trading alone, but he was nonexistent and passive and allow Morg to perfectly wait out a good binding.

Also it's better to ban a champion and play something you are much more capable than picking away the champion. No need for the Thresh ban at the Picks/Ban, just get rid of Annie and go with it. Terrible game by Liquid all around (especially Quas being a shitlord going in 1v5 a lot of times and making the team react to his play rather than coordinated team fights) but gonna see a lot of #Keepkeith because it'll be the pinnacle of comedy.
That's also Piglet's fault- he had no sense of timing when it came to going in vs not going in. The bot lane just has no communication or synergy and it ripples throughout the rest of the team. Gamsu also a fresh import but he's been a much more effective team player.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sarmhan posted:

That's also Piglet's fault- he had no sense of timing when it came to going in vs not going in. The bot lane just has no communication or synergy and it ripples throughout the rest of the team. Gamsu also a fresh import but he's been a much more effective team player.

I saw numerous pings coming from that lane so I'm guessing Piglet was short of yelling "get the gently caress up here" to get xpecial's attention.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Jayisspecial posted:

That was a great control game. If you can really attribute that to Cloud, that's an impressive beginning.

Well, I can't be certain how much of it is on Cloud's shoulders, I can only go by what I see. And what I saw up until this week was a Dig team that looked completely lost and jumbled at all stages of the game. This week, and this game in particular, I saw tactical decision after tactical decision as a team. I'm sure there was plenty of coaching and strategic planning between last week and this too, but that only goes so far.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Che Delilas posted:

Well, I can't be certain how much of it is on Cloud's shoulders, I can only go by what I see. And what I saw up until this week was a Dig team that looked completely lost and jumbled at all stages of the game. This week, and this game in particular, I saw tactical decision after tactical decision as a team. I'm sure there was plenty of coaching and strategic planning between last week and this too, but that only goes so far.

Dig has no real coach IIRC. This was 100% on Cloud.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Transient People posted:

Dig has no real coach IIRC. This was 100% on Cloud.

Yep! Dig put out feelers for an actual coach after Crumbzz stepped down but we've heard nothing about who accepted or even tried.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Altec on Kalista, come on boys don't let me down.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Asema posted:

Yep! Dig put out feelers for an actual coach after Crumbzz stepped down but we've heard nothing about who accepted or even tried.

Crumbzz wasn't a coach. Mylixia has been their coach for this season, TP said they have no real coach because Mylixia has never been a pro or even a challenger player. Of course they've had coaching in the meantime, I just don't know how much of an impact it had compared to Cloud (if I were to guess I'd say Cloud is by far the biggest factor, that I agree with).

Edit: Misread you a bit

Someone get T8's coach a clipboard.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I can't imagine neither team picking or banning Ahri on this patch, I mean if she doesn't fit your team comp I guess but she just seems so strong I would make sure to have a comp that fits her.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Cloud's was probably Dig's worst individual performance of today and yesterday, thanking him for somehow making Dig rise from the ashes is presuming a bit too much. Dignitas fell apart completely when it came to doing anything resembling macrostrategic play in yesterday's games, and TL's draft and mid game decision making was just horrific today. TL got caught like idiots multiple times until they lost.

What's now apparent is that Dignitas has individual player talent, maybe it needed time to settle in, maybe it needed to get rid of Crumbzz to get a chance to show.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

Altec on Kalista, come on boys don't let me down.

You're getting your wish, cause winterfox went all in on him.

EDIT:

quote:

Cloud's was probably Dig's worst individual performance of today and yesterday, thanking him for somehow making Dig rise from the ashes is presuming a bit too much. Dignitas fell apart completely when it came to doing anything resembling macrostrategic play in yesterday's games, and TL's draft and mid game decision making was just horrific today. TL got caught like idiots multiple times until they lost.

What's now apparent is that Dignitas has individual player talent, maybe it needed time to settle in, maybe it needed to get rid of Crumbzz to get a chance to show.

He's their shotcaller. If you think he wasn't the best player on the team today you're loony. The smart plays and rotations came from him.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

I can't believe a lulu mid just got picked

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Transient People posted:

You're getting your wish, cause winterfox went all in on him.
Speaking of all in, they give up first blood for free.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Transient People posted:

If you think he wasn't the best player on the team today you're loony.

I literally can't think of a single way of how this claim could be supported so maybe you're right :confused:

In other news, in their success, Hai has always been the best player on C9.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 9, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Fuckin' :laffo: at that first blood

E:

Che Delilas posted:

Crumbzz wasn't a coach. Mylixia has been their coach for this season, TP said they have no real coach because Mylixia has never been a pro or even a challenger player.
Mylixia is not a LoL coach, he is a life coach. He has no experience coaching League specifically. The fact that he is in the "coach" position in LCS shows how bad their situation is. Crumbzz also mentioned in his stepping down video that they had no coach.

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 9, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Fuckin' :laffo: at that first blood
Mylixia is not a LoL coach, he is a life coach. He has no experience coaching League specifically. The fact that he is in the "coach" position in LCS shows how bad their situation is. Crumbzz also mentioned in his stepping down video that they had no coach.

Exactly. This is why I'm so heavily singing Cloud's praises. Dig had literally nothing else. Unless Mylixia suddenly became a master strategist, Cloud singlehandedly revitalized Dig into being able to beat a mid to high level team by coming in, shotcalling and making plays. He had a bunch of deaths but not a single one of them was pointless. Even the one he fed to Quas early gave a kill to Ahri.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Competitive League of Legends: The Assassinator Meta

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Helios, your brother is garbage and he's going to cost you this season. Please replace him. Don't be like Vulcan.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Ihki posted:

I literally can't think of a single way of how this claim could be supported so maybe you're right :confused:

In other news, in their success, Hai has always been the best player on C9.

If you took Hai out of C9's lineup it's questionable whether they would be a winning team. They have strong players but none of the others have ever shown any kind of proficiency for shotcalling. They might very well look like a slightly stronger Coast. He has looked awful, and if he can't shotcall them to victory he has no place on the team, but a very large part of every victory they've ever had can be attributed to him.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Jayisspecial posted:

If you took Hai out of C9's lineup it's questionable whether they would be a winning team. They have strong players but none of the others have ever shown any kind of proficiency for shotcalling. They might very well look like a slightly stronger Coast. He has looked awful, and if he can't shotcall them to victory he has no place on the team, but a very large part of every victory they've ever had can be attributed to him.

Sorry, I was being facetious, but not as a slight towards Hai. I agree. He's underperforming, but I still rate him higher than almost anyone in this thread.

Also, gently caress you, Winterfox, and your stupid name! :owned: My irrational T8 boner seems to pay off every other game and then it just becomes embarrassing for the other one.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

T8 and Winterfox are poo poo teams.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Two Bad Teams

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Altec status: Not a team on back kinda guy.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Any Korean team takes that 5-6k gold advantage at 14 mins and just steamrolls from there.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

not sure why WFX keeps putting all their eggs in one basket by putting Pobelter on support midlaners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wow, WildTurtle is already at 500 kills?

• Locked thread