Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I sure hope we get more BF Master Grade kits, because that's the only way I'll ever buy anything from SEED or Wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

The Muffinlord posted:

I sure hope we get more BF Master Grade kits, because that's the only way I'll ever buy anything from SEED or Wing.

As unlikely as it is I'm still holding out hope of a MG Transient Gundam.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If Try Burning got stronger from having more clear pieces, why not make the entire suit clear blue?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tenzarin posted:

If Try Burning got stronger from having more clear pieces, why not make the entire suit clear blue?

Cause translucent/clear plastic is more brittle than solid plastic, which means Try Burning would run the risk of not being able to withstand the force of its own attacks.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 9, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
But he was weak because he didn't have clear parts before, not having clear parts was causing it to break.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

But he was weak because he didn't have clear parts before, not having clear parts was causing it to break.

Probably a subtle balancing act between being able to store and manipulate particles with the clear stuff while still maintaining the overall strength and durability of the opaque stuff.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Tenzarin posted:

quote:

Burning Burst System
Similar to the SBS' RG System, the TB has built in transparent parts throughout its frame that constantly store plavsky particles. Just by comparing the two you can already see that the TB has waaaay more clear parts, so it has a much higher rate of emission. So much higher that it can possibly damage the suit. To get around this, the kit purges the armor around the clear parts so they can blaze freely.

The clear parts were always there under the armor, actually.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

BlitzBlast posted:

The clear parts were always there under the armor, actually.

Yuu's contribution to this was finding a mechanism by which the Burning could safely purge parts in order to expose more transparent parts as needed and reinforce the rest of the model so it didn't all come flying apart when Sekai starts getting his Phoenix Ikki on.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
There are definitely parts of the Tri-Burning that look different as well, and the way it was animated makes it seem like he added or at least had Sekai polish more clear parts, but the fact that that doesn't jive with the explanation given isn't really a big deal because who cares, you know

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My Hi-Mock arrives tomorrow :dance:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Monaghan posted:

Oh man I've been wanting a shin getter forever, considering the only alternative were insanely priced and/or out of production resin kits.

It looks slightly better proportioned than the Super Robot Chogokin and it has a joint in the wings. The SRC is good if you can get it though!

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Oh man. I finally finished watching the first season of build fighters, so so great. That show had some amazing music and some amazing scenes. Now I just need all of this delicious plastic crack......

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vahtooch posted:

Oh man. I finally finished watching the first season of build fighters, so so great. That show had some amazing music and some amazing scenes. Now I just need all of this delicious plastic crack......

The first half of Build Fighters Try isn't as good, but halfway through they've brought the chief writer back just in time for the Nationals tournament taking up the rest of the series :allears:. The kits are pretty good though.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The first half of Build Fighters Try isn't as good, but halfway through they've brought the chief writer back just in time for the Nationals tournament taking up the rest of the series :allears:. The kits are pretty good though.

Uh, Kuroda was always the writer for BF Try.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Uznare posted:

Uh, Kuroda was always the writer for BF Try.

I thought someone said they only brought him back in halfway through?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Like I said in the BFT thread, Kuroda has always been the lead writer for the show. Its literally the first thing that shows up in the credits.

I think its just a case of random rumor from 2ch being ill translated by someone in 4chan and then filtering here, and hey since it fits the preconceived biases people believe it. Just like how people constantly mentioned that Kurado said he was having a hard time writing 3v3 fights, which you know conflicts with the whole "he wasnt writing it till ep 11+"

That being said now that it hit its stride people that liked BF will find plenty of enjoyable in BFT since they can power through the 4-5 episode lull during the regionals instead of waiting for an episode a week. And it also means that they can jump straight into buying things like the R-Gyagya, Megashiki, Amazing Red Warrior, Hi-Mock, Try Burning, Lighting+Mk2 while they wait for the Star Winning, G-Portent, Transient and X-Bone Full Cloth.

:shepspends:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Are we still pretending the first half of Try wasn't as good as the rest thingie. I have trolling detection turned off.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Are we still pretending the first half of Try wasn't as good as the rest thingie. I have trolling detection turned off.

Uh, no trolling from me, but I agree the start wasn't that awesome. To be fair though I'm comparing that to 1st season.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

At this point I have no idea what is even going on with the whole writer situation (and to be honest it really doesn't matter), but the first half of Try was genuinely pretty weak. Even for a generic shonen sports tournament show, and especially compared to S1.

Much more importantly, I just blew my paycheck on MG DX, MG GP-01 Fb, MG GP02A, RE/100 GP-04, and all the paints I need for my Exia and 00Q. Free at last. until X Divider

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BlitzBlast posted:

At this point I have no idea what is even going on with the whole writer situation (and to be honest it really doesn't matter), but the first half of Try was genuinely pretty weak. Even for a generic shonen sports tournament show, and especially compared to S1.

Much more importantly, I just blew my paycheck on MG DX, MG GP-01 Fb, MG GP02A, RE/100 GP-04, and all the paints I need for my Exia and 00Q. Free at last. until X Divider
You need a "under the moonlight" repaint of MG Gundam X, or are you some kind of non-completionist Casual? :shepface:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I was actually planning on doing that with one of my 1/100 GXs, but I didn't want to be bothered with trying to make the gun/shield. So now I'm just gluing one into satellite cannon position, and either keeping the other one around as an example of old 1/100s to my club or turning it into Jamil's destroyed GX.

And hey, you never know, they might make a web exclusive.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EthanSteele posted:

It looks slightly better proportioned than the Super Robot Chogokin and it has a joint in the wings. The SRC is good if you can get it though!

Yeah about that...looks like I was wrong about the model kit part. Looks like it's actually a fixed-posed statue. Hype ruined. :(

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
All you need to know about BFTry: Halfway through the series our Lord and Savior Meijin Kawaguchi III descends from the heavens at six times the passion to instill life in the series by reminding everyone of the universal law of Gunpla Battle: It Is Fun. The new thread title says everything else.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
You're understating it. The sky opened and Kawaguchi literally descended through on a rainbow of wish particles. He then chewed out the entire cast for not having enough fun, triggered all the mid-season upgrades, and then peeled off into the sunset on a motorcycle.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Broken Loose posted:

You're understating it. The sky opened and Kawaguchi literally descended through on a rainbow of wish particles. He then chewed out the entire cast for not having enough fun, triggered all the mid-season upgrades, and then peeled off into the sunset on a motorcycle.

All true. But it's important to start at the beginning.

He also yelled "Go!" when he peeled off on the motorcycle. :allears: Yes I have a huge man-crush, why do you ask?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
You guys are forgetting to mention how he literally brought a wilting flower back into full bloom merely by gracing it with his proximity.

Yuuki owns and I gladly accept him as my Meijin.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-2/%E4...B1%95%E5%93%81/
the tessarossa is so sick

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I was more impressed with the new Cybuster to cut yourself to death on.

EDIT: In other news, I have free time again so I am just going full throttle back into gunpla. I hope to at least cut my backlog in half by the end of the year! :toot:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 10, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ka0 posted:

So far the Nationals have been a let down from the first half. Their first nationals fight was a complete copy from when they got winning gundam and the lightning backpack. I bet it will pick back up in a few episodes.

The pacing of TRY is so much better than the first series.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 9, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I am kind of impressed you totally missed the point of episode 15. The fight is purposefully framed similarly to the one in 5, not just because it's the same basic concept (show off the new suits) but also to show how the team dynamic has changed for the better.

I mean compare the finishes; both times it's a full power Ryusei Rasen Ken, but in 5 it's Sekai doing it on his own while in 15 it's a collective group effort.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yea that makes sense if it was an even fight but Lightning was already beating it in speed! Then it get chainsawed against an asteroid then punch exploded. It was basically the same fight.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can't tell if you're just being cheeky or honestly can't see the differences. Either way, we should probably move this to the Try thread if you want to continue this.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Think 3 SD kits could combine to make a kit larger than an HG?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Tenzarin posted:

Think 3 SD kits could combine to make a kit larger than an HG?

Huhm.

Uh, warning, BlitzBlast; I haven't done any work on this SD DX yet, so it's just a kit that got built a decade ago and never cleaned up. Blow up the pictures at your own risk. :ohdear:

Anyway, pardon the mess.

...Maybe? Given the right SD kits?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If terribly built Gundam X kits hurt me, I wouldn't be able to live in my house. :v:

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Can I use thinner to clean an airbrush if I don't have any airbrush cleaner handy?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
From what I have read, is you can spray it through just fine. Just don't soak the parts without removing the o-rings or replace them with something solvent doesn't eat. I've spray cleaned mine with windex(I.E> Ammonia) and thinner, then followed with water just fine.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Zwingley posted:

All you need to know about BFTry: Halfway through the series our Lord and Savior Meijin Kawaguchi III descends from the heavens at six times the passion to instill life in the series by reminding everyone of the universal law of Gunpla Battle: It Is Fun. The new thread title says everything else.

Well that's settled it, there's my night sorted. I need to see this

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zwingley posted:

Huhm.

Uh, warning, BlitzBlast; I haven't done any work on this SD DX yet, so it's just a kit that got built a decade ago and never cleaned up. Blow up the pictures at your own risk. :ohdear:

Anyway, pardon the mess.

...Maybe? Given the right SD kits?

Mecha-SHIVA! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

peeNamaste posted:

Can I use thinner to clean an airbrush if I don't have any airbrush cleaner handy?

Should be ok if the parts are still "wet". Dry airbrush cleaning is another story.