Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
It's ironic that a sign designed to make people laugh has become a picture of a sign that makes people not laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Jamesman posted:

It's ironic that a sign designed to make people laugh has become a picture of a sign that makes people not laugh.

However, that is making other people laugh at the people getting mad at a sign intended to make them laugh, so it's all good.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jamesman posted:

How ironic that a sign designed to make people laugh has become a picture of a sign that makes people laugh at people complaining about the picture of the sign?

Are we laughing with enough irony?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jamesman posted:

A little too ironic.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I think it would be ironic if the sign was made of iron.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Neurion posted:

I think it would be ironic if the sign was made of iron.

No, because then it would be ferrous. :eng101:

I'll see myself out.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Mods, please ban Alanis Morrisette for account sharing.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Leofish posted:

No, because then it would be ferrous. :eng101:

I'll see myself out.

Make a wheel out of it then, that would be ironic.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Irony experts: Which of the following funny images are ironic?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh those ironic, ironic Japanese. :rolleyes:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Angela Christine posted:

Irony experts: Which of the following funny images are ironic?

Well, this isn't ironic, it's just true. Look, right there. Written in stone: Nothing.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Lotish posted:

How ironic that a sign designed to make people laugh has become a picture of a sign that makes people laugh at people complaining about the picture of the sign?

Are we laughing with enough irony?

When someone asks for an example of irony, just point them to Alanis's song. It's a song about irony, which has several situations in it but none of them are actual examples of irony. It's pretty meta although I doubt she intended it that way.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah, but then because the song is actually ironic, it's no longer ironic for it to be called "Ironic," meaning that is is actually ironic, but then...

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
art

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I I TE I ONE

Obviously, the three I's are roman numerals, and "ONE" is 1, and "TE" is "Et" backwards, which is Latin for "and. Combining all these clues together, you would figure out that you need an even balance of 2 on each side of the scale, so you place two candles on each side of the plaque and light them, which will open up the secret passage into the lighthouse, revealing the location of Atrus' final book.

And that's how you beat Myst.

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 23:28 on Feb 8, 2015

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Khazar-khum posted:

In California, idiots are not responsible for crime, which is probably why celebrities are never convicted.

Ho HO! Remember to tip your waitresses, fellas!

Manifisto
Sep 18, 2013

Pillbug

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah, but then because the song is actually ironic, it's no longer ironic for it to be called "Ironic," meaning that is is actually ironic, but then...

So the song is sort of a FYAD Gödel sentence.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Skipopatomus posted:

someone should really correct this mistake

and set the building on fire

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Sabotage!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That's the correct place to put clogs

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Heh, nice.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Jamesman posted:

I I TE I ONE

Obviously, the three I's are roman numerals, and "ONE" is 1, and "TE" is "Et" backwards, which is Latin for "and. Combining all these clues together, you would figure out that you need an even balance of 2 on each side of the scale, so you place two candles on each side of the plaque and light them, which will open up the secret passage into the lighthouse, revealing the location of Atrus' final book.

That's so loving stupid

Clearly you have to turn on every marker EXCEPT the one above this stone which then opens up showing you the original manuscript of Rocky VII which you only learn by adding Rocky V plus Rocky II :v:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Jamesman posted:

I I TE I ONE

I literally laughed out loud. congratulations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:golfclap:

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Saw this dude's magent on a car, didn't have time to take a picture, but needed to see if it was real. Turns out he is

http://bigdsunderman.com/

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

The oldest trick in the book.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

IDGI

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The word "sabotage" come from an old French/Belgian protest of throwing wooden clogs, called "Sabot", into the gears of industrial machinery to stop them working :eng101:

SnowDog
Oct 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The word "sabotage" come from an old French/Belgian protest of throwing wooden clogs, called "Sabot", into the gears of industrial machinery to stop them working :eng101:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Jamesman posted:

I I TE I ONE

This was amazing.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
That's not the least bit anything like Myst. :colbert:

Though, coincidentally, that is a crucial step in getting through the Raccoon City Police Department. Yes, it has a lighthouse.

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Feb 9, 2015

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Finally, someone answers that question.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Hmm. Have been thinking about updating my 11 year old av.

jamal has a new favorite as of 07:05 on Feb 9, 2015

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

In Katy Perry's garden.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011

Isn't evolution beautiful?
Always finding solutions to the problems it created in the first place.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Good effort, Sky News...

http://news.sky.com/story/1424045/anger-as-bafta-fails-to-remember-bob-hoskins

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How do you guys all know that, I'm from Belgium (don't speak French though) and I had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was a plot point in Star Trek.

• Locked thread