Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Well, I say we get all the degrees possible, and while doing so continue our hobby of alchemy until we make ourselves a witch with a ton of youth potions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
If I recall correctly, getting every degree is an option for a lifetime ambition. Probably not what we have set for ours, but it's nice to know we'll be achieving someone's lifelong dream.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Anchors posted:

If I recall correctly, getting every degree is an option for a lifetime ambition. Probably not what we have set for ours, but it's nice to know we'll be achieving someone's lifelong dream.

Frankly, I prefer it that way.

That gives me an idea! Find out what Clayton's Lifetime Ambition is, then achieve it yourself, and also if possible take measures to prevent him from ever achieving it.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Anchors posted:

Speaking of which... what is Samara's lifetime ambition? I don't think we ever voted on that...

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Sketchie posted:

Speaking of which... what is Samara's lifetime ambition? I don't think we ever voted on that...

To have lots of money.

Pyroi posted:

Well, I say we get all the degrees possible, and while doing so continue our hobby of alchemy until we make ourselves a witch with a ton of youth potions.

We won't be doing this, sorry.

To clarify, I mean we won't be using youth potions.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 6, 2015

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Punish the slobs that call themselves our dormmates. We lived in a hut, and before that out under the raining skies. These kids need to learn to respect the things they have and clean them. We however have earned our right to live how we please.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
Finally got through all of this and have been laughing like a madman over the craziness of Samara :D

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
We should definitely keep leading Clayton on.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.

Sketchie posted:

No, bad Samara! No cheating!

Attain an A average without cheating!

Also, what's with the "Tragic clown to the face" on the list? It's been there for ages now and I'm curious what exactly it is.

This. We can play the fool when we get back home so that people are even more confused about Samara. "How in hell did SHE get an A average?! Her, of all people?!"

silversatyr fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 6, 2015

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Shotgunning through this LP has inspired me to go from rags to riches with a Sim as well. Sure don't miss the load times, though.

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.
You jerks are going to force Samara to stay in college until she dies, aren't you? That's like a life sentence in prison with more conjugal visits and worse food. There's way more to see in this game and we've got a limited number of days to see it all, don't waste them all here.

There's only one option - Samara must stage a break-out! Get expelled, preferably in the most hilarious fashion possible.

EDIT: vvvv That actually makes it worse. It means the next 56 updates will be spent at college, unless the OP wants to condense everything into a massive summary of some kind.

Roundabout Route fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 7, 2015

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Actually, college is quite magical in that Sims do not age while attending university. A young adult sim that has gone to college to get every degree has basically lived several sim lifetimes before they hit adulthood, especially if you take it easy on your course load/don't apply for scholarships.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Roundabout Route posted:

EDIT: vvvv That actually makes it worse. It means the next 56 updates will be spent at college, unless the OP wants to condense everything into a massive summary of some kind.

The next chunk of updates will definitely be about college, but college is a lot of studying and a lot of classes. It's very easy and understandable to gloss over the details about constant college work or just outright not even mention it because it's implied or at the very least understood. But still, college is an important transition in Samara's life, just becoming a homeowner from homelessness was.

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011
Get in with the nerd crowd and learn how to mind meld. Become one with Quincey.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Help Quincey achieve his Lifetime Ambition, but, naturally, do it in a way that is at least somewhat painful and/or humiliating for him because that is the cost of being Samara's Special Friend.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Is Quincey even there? :(
Send Quincey a letter from college. Also, glitter bomb

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
We need to enroll Quincy so Samara can cheat off his answers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

David D. Davidson posted:

We need to enroll Quincy so Samara can cheat off his answers.

I don't know if it's possible, but I fully support this.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
College: Week 2

I just realized...

That crushed juice box has been there since day 1.

And that's probably never going to change, is it?

☐ Befriend a Robot
☐ Travel abroad
☐ Tragic clown to the face
☐ Pick a fight
☐ Adopt a magical unicorn
☐ Blame it on Quincey
☐ Time travel
☐ Become an official criminal
☐ Matchmake for Quincey
☐ Become a licensed everything
☐ Play guitar for tips
☐ Get crunked at a party
☐ Read some comics
☐ Perform lecherous actions upon an individual who is or resembles a woman
☐ Optimize the sleeping space
☐ Get an A
☐ Get a C
☐ Get an A by cheating
☐ Get a C by cheating
☐ Just get expelled

☐ Get get an A without cheating or something, I don't know
☐ Punish our fellow dormitory residents
☐ Erase all evidence that we cheated by murdering the professor that caught us
☐ Send Clayton a love letter
☐ Send Quincey a letter
☐ Enroll Quincey

Sleeping space optimized.

I even retained the designs of the bedsheets of the beds we replaced, isn't that just swell?

It's the weekend, so we've gotta get all set and ready for our next semester.

This time around, to keep things fresh, we're studying technology!

But we'll get ready later. As for now, we've run out of space on the exterior of the dorm to spray paint, but there's plenty of space on the inside.

That'll freak out our dorm buddies when they get home from class.

Wait, weren't these walls blue a little while ago? Eh, must be the lighting.

Let's throw a big dumb party and invite all our big dumb friends over. All one of them.

And order a pizza, I guess.

Our guests will probably get tapeworms if they eat anything prepared here.

Say, what services can we even get in a dorm?

...Apparently everything that's offered at a normal house, including a butler.

Shame that we won't do that because it'll drain our wallets faster than college already does.

What? Hearts?

Are we in love or something?

Oh hey, I'm feeling homesick already.

Wait no, that's just regular sick.

Here's our guests now. First we got this...random greaser who probably just wandered in from off the street.

And our best friend Millie!

Okay Millie! We're going to play some party games!

See the stick?

Do you want the stick?

Go get it!

...Our friends are weird.

Cool, pizza's here!

Let's go inside and grab a--

Slice?

...These people are nothing but a pack of savage animals. It's repulsive.

...We could probably lick the cheese and grease residue off the box? Maybe?

You know what? Forget the pizza. Getting wasted is where it's at.

Colleges are well known for their drunken beer keg parties, right?

We're gonna get so wasted, it'll be great.

...What, that's it?

This is so watered down, it wouldn't even make my underweight grandmother lightheaded.

Maybe there's something we can do to spike it a little? It's not healthy to end a weekend sober.

You...person we keep meeting.

The one whose name starts with an A that we can't remember.

How strong are you?

Hmm...

Nope, still nothing.

Could've sworn that doing keg-stands make you sauced a lot faster or something.

Are we doing it wrong?

Maybe we're supposed to be holding you? Are you feeling any drunker?

If a person isn't drunk enough to incoherently blog, then they aren't drunk enough, period.

This is going nowhere. Can you think of anything that'll get us at least a buzz?

Really? Beer pong? That's really the best you got?

You can't even make it into the cup.

This is how it's done.

...Huh, this is harder than it looks, actually.

Maybe it was a bad idea to just wear the first pair of glasses we could find.

Sweet, that's a point for--

...What is she doing?

What do you mean the loser gets to drink whenever the winner gets a score? That's backwards!

Forget this. You know what, we threw a party, ate pizza, and got drunk.

Might as well top this off by sleeping with this woman.

Once again, a really weird request by you people.

MONDAY

...So, uh, who's this?

Wait, who are you? Who are any of you!?

Who are you people!?

...Right, almost forgot. We won't constantly have the same morons running around the dorm because they'll graduate or transfer, or other things like that.

Whatever, I never liked Cid anyways.

...That pose is making me very uncomfortable.

We were planning on punishing our fellow students living at the dorm. But we're not ones to discriminate, so these ones will suffer in our original victims' steads.

Our method of torture will be, of course, the laziest method possible that requires next to no input on our part.

Samara's a college student, after all.

While we wait for our plan to go into action, we'll attend our first days of class.

Technology is pretty much similar to business, but with a focus on Handiness, Logic and Inventing instead of Charisma.

In between classes, we get a little bit of blogging done.

Also, we got a new phone skin for our nefarious activities. Who knew spraying graffiti all over your own housing was considered so rebellious?

Now, back at home, let's see the fruits of our lazy endeavors.

What? How did you...?

How did all of them get inside the dorm!?

Whoops. Forgot the back doors.

Our original plan was to change the locks so that everyone but Samara was locked outside the dorm, but it looks like we forgot a few alternate entrances.

Still, our fellow college students aren't suspicious that we were the only ones who could enter through the front door, so we can probably get away with doing it for real tomorrow.

TUESDAY

Since we're a technology student, the college gave us this thingy.

It looks like one of those hair drying machines at salons.

Woah, okay, hello.

Uh...they wouldn't give this to students unless it was safe, right?

Okay, that electricity and sparks isn't instilling the best hope.

Especially on top of how the thing already looks like it's held together with paperclips and duct tape.

...Perhaps it would be safer to take a look at some of the circuitry and machinery before letting this thing run rampant?

What the hell? They gave every technology student this thing?

Samara makes safer inventions than this death trap, and all she ever makes are bombs.

Hey you...Ayana, right?

See, we knew you had a name.

Sit down in this thing. It'll, uh, fix up your hair.

Don't worry, the college wouldn't hand these out to technol--...cosmetology students unless it was safe.

Just sit back and relax and we'll just...take notes from over here. Waaay over here.

...What's with that look?

Is it working?

...Ayana?

Ayana? Hello?

...What?

Yes, that's what we just said. Thanks for repeating it, that's very helpful.

Why don't we start with some basic psychological tests?

What do you see here? Describe this in full detail.

...Yes, thank you for repeating what we just said again.

Are you going to do what's asked of you, or just parrot what we say all--

Okay, now copying what somebody says is one thing. Mimicking a person entirely is just obnoxious.

Now once again, what do you see--

What the--

How did you do that? You are really, really starting to get annoying with this whole aping thing.

Forget this, we're ditching you and watching TV.

Maybe we shouldn't have poked around that machine before--

You were a lot better when you just did as we say, not what we do.

This would be a lot less annoying if we could think of some way to abuse this, you know that, right?

Good thing Ayana can't outrun a bike, though.

It's time for our class activity.

The class is meeting at the local comic shop. How convenient, we were hoping to purchase some comics anyways.

...Huh.

Maybe we weren't supposed to fiddle around with that machine until class today. That explains why the instructur is, uh, instructing how to use it.

...We left ours at home, anyways. So I guess today is just a free day for Samara.

Now, let's buy some--

What!? THAT much money just for some book filled with drawings!?

Why would you even pay for a comic book when you can just read them at the store as is?

Nerds are the dumbest people, seriously.

Ahh, excellent.

Our plan to vicariously get revenge on our dorm members is going swimmingly.

Now we wait for their suffering to begin.

...Huh. Was our machine smoking that much last time?

Wha--

How did you get in here!? You know what, we don't want to know.

Alright, Ayana. Time to fix your stupid brain. You can't get any worse than you are now.

Delta waves normal...neural activity has reached standard levels...

Wonderful.

Hopefully we'll have a little bit less of copying other people this time around, hmm?

So, Ayana, how do you feel now?

That, uh, doesn't answer the question.

Where did you even get that karate--

OH GOD!

You were a lot better when all you did was copy us!

Good lord, we've created a monster. This semester is going to be a trainwreck, isn't it?

An entire dorm of disgusting academics is nothing compared to a single kung-fu madwoman.

...At least we can check "Pick a fight" off the to do list, seeing as we...technically did.

Not even some blogging can cheer us up.

Let's just...lock the door to our room and call it a night.

WEDNESDAY

Looks like our dastardly schemes are starting to take a toll on our new dorm members.

Soon their screams of anguish shall fill the air.

Just as the stench of their leftovers does.

How did it even get this bad? The semester just started and we locked them out days ago!

Okay, Ayana. Third time's the charm.

Maybe if we're lucky, your head will just explode and we can call it a good day for science.

So...what is it this time?

Do you have the mentality of a child? The violent nature of an angry gorilla?

Or is it something really stupid, like you suddenly have super powers and now you're going to freeze us with your mind or whatever?

Maybe we should just learn how to use this thing.

After class, locking our dorm members out has finally brought them to the brink of insanity. They've begun making makeshift shelters and reverting to their primal mentalities.

Some, however, are falling to the brutal life of the wilderness.

We're not morally bankrupt monsters. We're just incredible sociopaths, minus the charisma of an actual sociopath.

So it's time to end their suffering and let them inside the dorm now.

Well, "now" as in "tomorrow." Samara needs her beauty sleep and igloos are a bit more comfortable than our wooden bunk beds.

THURSDAY

Tend to send our sweetheart Clayton a little love letter, and a mailbox bomb.

And we'll send Quincey a letter too or something. Like, a paper with a literal letter on it.

It's lecture day today. And where else is there a better place to get one than at the lecture hall?

Okay, physics class. Show us what you've got.

Um...so where's the teach?

Oh, there she is. Looks like she's drawing a diagram.

Time to get physicked.

Mmmhmm. Interesting.

Yep, sure is...science up in here.

...Hey, what kind of student can learn without asking a few questions?

Yo, prof, over here!

We got the floor? Alright, so...

Is that a diagram of a giant planet's gravitational pull, or your own?

...What? What's with the look?

Was that already answered on the syllabus or something?

Cool, we got kicked out! We get the rest of the day off!

FRIDAY

After we RTFM, we finally figured out how this thing works.

With the right settings, we can increase our mental capacity and processing power to make any class or test a breeze!

Which is great because today is the final!

...Look, it's not cheating. It's like...vitamins. For your brain.

We're going to ace this test, and without any cheating this time around!

I've got a good feeling about today!

...Which was lost immediately when I had to remind Samara that she had a final today, because she forgot on the way there.

Great. This already feels like it's going to be terrible.

Let's just...try not to embarrass ourselves.

Not sure how a gnome managed to fit inside of a book, but--

A second one?

Great, more gnomes. We needed a new one after the last ceramic gnome we had...died...somehow.

For god's sake, why do we even bother going--

Huh? Wait, Samara did good on the test? Really?

That's fantastic!

But we still got one more final to take, so don't celebrate yet.

Okay...

Now you can celebrate!

That's incredible! We aced every exam and we didn't even have to cheat this time around!

See what diligence and hard work can--

...Oh.

I guess Samara worked herself a little bit too hard this semester.

...Let's leave her alone to get some rest.

Now, just because we did well on the finals doesn't mean we automatically got an A in the class.

A good grade on a final is nice, but it means nothing if we've did horribly on everything else this semester. We'll find out Samara's grade tomorrow.

Which is today!

Somebody must've dragged Samara back inside, or something.

Hit us with all you've got, report card. We're ready.

The grade...it's...it's...

...It's hard to see past this ladder.

What? Really?

We did it! We smarted!

We managed to get an A! Without cheating!

All we need to do now is...that again...except about ten more times.

☐ Befriend a Robot
☐ Travel abroad
☐ Tragic clown to the face
☑ Pick a fight
☐ Adopt a magical unicorn
☐ Blame it on Quincey
☐ Time travel
☐ Become an official criminal
☐ Matchmake for Quincey
☐ Become a licensed everything
☐ Play guitar for tips
☑ Get crunked at a party
☑ Read some comics
☑ Perform lecherous actions upon an individual who is or resembles a woman
☑ Optimize the sleeping space
☑ Get get an A without cheating or something, I don't know
☑ Punish our fellow dormitory residents
☑ Send Clayton a love letter
☑ Send Quincey a letter
☐ Enroll Quincey

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 9, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Holy poo poo, its a young Dean Pelton.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Those facial expressions are really amazing.

Be cruel to your school.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

I never noticed how blue Samara's eyes are.

Let's get her some green contact lens. Preferably in the shade of #33BB00. It will go nicely with her red hair and brown skin.

...what? I just like color coordinating. That's all.

Sketchie fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 9, 2015

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Dye Samara's hair beach blonde.

Matching colors are an anathema to me.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Go out for a night of bowling with Dean Pelton and wolfbuddy.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

My earlier Community references have caused something magical to happen. :syoon:

As they say, the truth is deaner than fiction!

Anyway become best friends with Dean Pelton.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Make friends with the lady who has a body shape like we started with Her shirt may hold the secret for us learning martial arts.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Cheat on repoman with Dean Pelton.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Pyroi posted:

I don't think he'd be interested in Samara, though.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Pyroi posted:

we need to further Cuck the repoman. Have sex with all your dormmates.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
I think Samara needs to blow something up next semester, don't want people to forget what chaos she can cause.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Thunderclan posted:

I think Samara needs to blow something up next semester, don't want people to forget what chaos she can cause.

We're in college, we can't afford the fines!

Instead, tag the entire college.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013

Pyroi posted:

tag the entire college.

This is an acceptable alternative

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Pyroi posted:

We're in college, we can't afford the fines!

Instead, tag the entire college.

What fines?
Last time, she got paid 'insurance'.
Although, if she gets 'insurance' again, she should spend it on improving the college - not a fan of profiting from cheating, but the college's got plenty of room for 'wasting' money on art and such.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Find and steal as much pizza as possible. Balance must be restored.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Quantum Toast posted:

Find and steal as much pizza as possible. Balance must be restored.

Also, leave the pizza boxes over every available surface except where we need to eat and sleep; send your roommates the most passive aggressive message about pizza party protocol you can.

This may get expensive, so "borrow" someone's credit card.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Lotish posted:

Also, leave the pizza boxes over every available surface except where we need to eat and sleep; send your roommates the most passive aggressive message about pizza party protocol you can.

This may get expensive, so "borrow" someone's credit card.
Like Qunicey's.

He can easily afford it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Can we take a bigger classload, or is it strictly one class at a time?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

FredMSloniker posted:

There's a little slider that lets you choose from three course/credit loads.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

FredMSloniker posted:

It's only one major at a time, so we're technically taking multiple classes. But we can only focus on one major each semester, and what I have planned is the fastest possible way to get every degree.

This next paragraph is just math stuff: You need 48 credits to earn a degree, but you can increase the credits that are given in each semester by chunks of 6 (6, 12, and the max of 18), and we already had 18 units for a few degrees. This only makes the degrees we already had 18 units in easier, because either way we need to take two semesters for each major (18 units already, +18 which is the max amount of earn-able units in a semester, and +12 to give us exactly 48). A few other degrees that we didn't get points for will take up to three semesters.

Basically, this will take forever, but I'm doing it in a way that makes it a slightly faster forever. This is only on my end, though. For the people reading this, I'll condense the information and basically try to keep things fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

This is college, only one night of inebriation, no matter how slight, is unacceptable. Samara needs to get crunked every fuckin' day of this next semester. And still pass because smarted.

• Locked thread