Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
As awesome as Diggle being a green lantern would be - there is a reason Batman isn't a green lantern even though he has more will power than anyone else and scarecrow doesn't get a yellow ring even though fear is his entire gimmick (outside of one offs and elseworlds).

What i'm saying is The Black Driver is already powerful enough, given preptime and wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarrgh
Nov 7, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Dude come on now, too soon and poo poo.

No, it was perfect as far as make believe fairy tale bullshit goes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarrgh posted:

No, it was perfect as far as make believe fairy tale bullshit goes.

Are you on whirlpool?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

As awesome as Diggle being a green lantern would be - there is a reason Batman isn't a green lantern even though he has more will power than anyone else and scarecrow doesn't get a yellow ring even though fear is his entire gimmick (outside of one offs and elseworlds).

What i'm saying is The Black Driver is already powerful enough, given preptime and wheels.

I have to disagree, only because I want Diggle to get a ring and the only constructs he can make are cars.

Rarrgh
Nov 7, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Are you on whirlpool?

Yah, I have a good idea who you are to... either starts with U or F? maybe?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm a smart rear end.

Yeah, UpDog.

Rarrgh
Nov 7, 2011
ha that doesnt tell me....

UpXXX or FrXXX or someone else always in the Arrow/Flash/Shield threads?

Well okay, edited after makes this post seem more stupid.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rocksicles posted:

I'm a smart rear end.

Yeah, UpDog.

Who's Updog?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
you hosed up the joke duder

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rocksicles posted:

you hosed up the joke duder

take it up with BOFA

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:golfclap: Had to look it up.

Rarrgh
Nov 7, 2011
By the way, I want a loving prize for guessing that based purely on posting content.

I mean c'mon, my name is the same!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Prize earned. It's in the mail!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Scyantific posted:

Met David Ramsey today and he owns. He was talking about how he wanted Arrow to do a musical episode to call out Jesse L. Martin and Grant Gustin. I asked him if they should get NPH as Music Meister and he said "definitely." :flashfap:

I have a newfound respect for this man. :allears:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

fariz posted:

Really sorry, can't find it. Does any one have the Diggle H.I.V. gif handy?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
The thought of Diggle as a GL just makes me think they could like, totally have him get blown up, and then turn up later explaining how the ring whisked him away for training on Oa. And then he has to explain how cell phone reception is pretty lovely in space.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
He's actually a surprisingly good pick for Hal Jordan. I hadn't really pictured a good choice for him beforehand.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
He'd need to grow a bitchin' goatee, though.

Ollie and Dig: Goatee Buddies!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Phylodox posted:

He'd need to grow a bitchin' goatee, though.

Ollie and Dig: Goatee Buddies!

Wells is the Goatse Buddy

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I read that Ramsey interview and I wish the creative team had the balls to put in a subtle cameo of Bruce in the League of Assassins.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Got to meet Stephen today. Dude is awesome as hell and while he was signing my sister's artbook he started explaining about how he and his assistant came up with his next charity campaign idea last night. They're calling it "FRIBBICK" and it's supposed to be a more family-friendly version of gently caress Cancer, which he also explained that the gently caress Cancer campaign was looking to make a name change.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PowerBeard posted:

I have to disagree, only because I want Diggle to get a ring and the only constructs he can make are cars.

that would be incredible

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Jerusalem posted:

When that scene happened in the Flash, all I could think of was that South Park where the cops are watching Mysterion battling Professor Chaos (two 9 year old kids) and one of the cops draws his gun, and the Chief of Detectives puts his hand on it and says,"You think your bullets can hurt them? :rolleyes:"

It was a while back, but I had to let this stew and/or re-learn my editing software. Thanks for this, though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

It was a while back, but I had to let this stew and/or re-learn my editing software. Thanks for this, though.

You have not failed this city :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Boogaleeboo posted:

So you'd still be conscious for the fall that would turn your bones into jello on impact. And because even if you didn't die to either of those insanely fatal things, lying half naked on a peak like that with the chest wound for about an hour would be enough to kill you too. There's really no end to the amount of insanely bullshit things Ollie just happened to survive.

lazarus pit

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Uh...spoilers...I guess?

I assume he's saying that they're going to introduce Laz Pits soon and not that they've already done so, but it does seem like he's talking as if it's something he's already filmed. :anime:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, I was outside the hall when they were asking about that. And I think he mentioned a while back in an interview that Ollie wasn't going to be brought back using the pits even though we'd already seen them.

E: Source http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Arrow-Won-t-Use-Lazarus-Pit-Revive-Oliver-Get-Details-69566.html

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I started watching this series the other day; I really like its style and the cast (especially some of the supporting characters -- Walter is great, in particular) but sometimes the script descends into really awful ham-handedness. Does this improve as it goes along?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I started watching this series the other day; I really like its style and the cast (especially some of the supporting characters -- Walter is great, in particular) but sometimes the script descends into really awful ham-handedness. Does this improve as it goes along?

Nope! Ham-handedness is part of Arrow and stylized CW genre shows. Sometimes it's just pulled off better.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yes, yes, no no no, yes , YES and so on

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Yannick_B posted:

Nope! Ham-handedness is part of Arrow and stylized CW genre shows. Sometimes it's just pulled off better.

Okay, thanks for the honest assessment. I can probably accept it more easily if I don't expect any different.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Okay, thanks for the honest assessment. I can probably accept it more easily if I don't expect any different.

CW script-writing is a weird beast because ontop of everything a solid/good story has to be, CW-style has to
be inclusive and easily understood. Most scenes have a couple of lines where the acting/the visuals could carry
the thing but they spell everything out so all audience can get it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

BrianWilly posted:

Uh...spoilers...I guess?

I assume he's saying that they're going to introduce Laz Pits soon and not that they've already done so, but it does seem like he's talking as if it's something he's already filmed. :anime:

I'm 90% sure that the Lazarus Pit was that bath that Ra's emerged from when he was first introduced.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Jokes on us, the Lazarus Pit doesn't have any liquid in it. It's regenative powers come from the combination of granite and snow when impacted by a human body falling from a certain height.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

As for Ollie's sword / hand to hand training, don't forget the training session with Diggle near the beginning of S1E6.
...because it's too funny, tapping metal bars together.
*Ting ting ting ting ting* "Good sesh tapping bars, same time tomorrow Digs."

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Space Fish posted:

As for Ollie's sword / hand to hand training, don't forget the training session with Diggle near the beginning of S1E6.
...because it's too funny, tapping metal bars together.
*Ting ting ting ting ting* "Good sesh tapping bars, same time tomorrow Digs."

You mean eskrima?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"You'll have to speak up Oliver, I have strangers dicks in my ears"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I forgot that's what it was called, but it looks just as silly in that video as in the show.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The show itself gets better towards the end of season 1 (just push past the awful Helena arc) and season 2 gets really good, but like people say - the bad dialogue never really goes away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Just to play devil's advocate, though... she's been training in sword fighting under Merlyn (who learned from Ras), whereas swords are not Ollie's forte. It'd be a stretch, for sure, but it could maaaaybe happen. (it would never happen)

It really all depends on who gets the longest training montage with the best music playing behind it.

• Locked thread