Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

you gotta do it in the playoffs, chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
"Repeat that performance in the post season, Christopher."

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

quote:

Lil B is ruthless.

The West Coast-based rap artist who infamously put the "Based God's Curse" on Oklahoma City Thunder superstar Kevin Durant's career, will continue to torment Durant should the Thunder face the Golden State Warriors in the playoffs.

Lil B plans on sitting courtside so that he can heckle Durant.

"I'm there," Lil B said on a Warriors World podcast. "I'm buying tickets. I'm there ... I'm that kryptonite. The streets know."

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Steven Adams should have one job during that game.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lil B's feud with Durant is amazing.

I wish Drake started beef with someone so the Raps main hip-hop feud wasn't Wale v. Matt Devlin

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know, I'm just asking questions, but remember that trainer that Blake "simulated" with, he'd be in a pretty good position to contaminate things
He's been having an elbow periodically drained for a couple of years. Wouldn't surprise me if he picked up an infection from that.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Crazy Ted posted:

He's been having an elbow periodically drained for a couple of years. Wouldn't surprise me if he picked up an infection from that.

Yep, they confirmed this in the broadcast this afternoon.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
Shoutout to Mitch McGary for running the same PnR down the paint that Adams rolls with Westbrook...but actually catching the ball

shoutout rook

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Mitch McGary rules haters vacate

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Crazy Ted posted:

He has weird-rear end elbows

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
^that is nasty

Mandrel posted:

Mitch McGary rules haters vacate

:agreed:

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dan Woike @DanWoikeSports
Kevin Durant on the Clippers just now "They cry too (bleeping) much."

Shots fired.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
They do cry too bleeping much though, it makes them wholly unlikable. They should change their logo to a guy with his arms outstretched and his mouth agape in faux confusion and indignance.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PantsFreeZone posted:

Shots fired.

That's funny coming from Durant. He usually has more techs than most players.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who the gently caress is Mitch McGary

no. 1 fuccboi/piece of poo poo

part of the thunder's plan to get as many dirty white bigs as they can

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Jeez NMS that elbow image.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

morestuff posted:

This is worse than LeBron's feet I mean what the gently caress

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

morestuff posted:

That's some John Cena poo poo.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

drat, now I want the Thunder to make the playoffs.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm watching this Bill Simmons special on ESPN, and I just saw him insisting that the "Love for Wiggins"-trade was a "Disaster".

He also said that the Cavs were looking to trade him at the end of year or something of that note.

I don't...get it. Like even the local media has found excuses to bitch about the fact that Kevin Love's numbers are not as high as they were in Minnesota. To me? "No poo poo". But that's the loving point. That seems to happen every time that a "big three" occurs.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I still think it's a move you have to make. Lebron has a couple years of his prime left and you can't sit around waiting for a guy like Wiggins to develop.

At the same time, if Love bolts after this season, it could be looked back on as a bad trade. Still think it's worth the risk from Cleveland's standpoint.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm watching this Bill Simmons special on ESPN, and I just saw him insisting that the "Love for Wiggins"-trade was a "Disaster".

He also said that the Cavs were looking to trade him at the end of year or something of that note.

I don't...get it. Like even the local media has found excuses to bitch about the fact that Kevin Love's numbers are not as high as they were in Minnesota. To me? "No poo poo". But that's the loving point. That seems to happen every time that a "big three" occurs.

The difference is that Love doesn't really fit in as well, it seems. Bosh fit in well because he spaced the floor AND played amazing defense. Love doesn't score enough to make up for his lovely defense.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

He scored 32 like an hour ago.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

no. 1 gritty/high motor

part of the thunder's plan to get as many scrappy white bigs as they can

ftfy

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

big boi posted:

He scored 32 like an hour ago.

against the lakers

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Mornacale posted:

When one of your stars is injured for a while in this year's Western Conference, it's possible to be a legit title contender and in danger of missing the playoffs.

Also, this year, games in February are legitimately changing the seeding picture.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

N: Three in a row

V:

(click for album)

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Where's Joey Crawford been? He blew up trotting down the court early January and hasn't been hear from since. I need to know if he's retired or not so I can plan my party.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

zelah posted:

Where's Joey Crawford been? He blew up trotting down the court early January and hasn't been hear from since. I need to know if he's retired or not so I can plan my party.

He officiated the Chicago-New Orleans game last night. Shot clock wasn't working and he was yelling at the PA guy a lot.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

tatankatonk posted:

No, I meant that Mitch McGary is a random backup big for the Thunder who just put up a 19/10 game against the Clippers today and looked good doing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqpivj_HR5I

He ain't random, he was wolverine king of the NCAA tournament a few years ago and my number one pick for dude I kinda liked who no way could ever replicate college success in the NBA

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
N:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400579058

quote:

On Saturday, James sent out a tweet that many suspected was for Love. It said: "Stop trying to find a way to FIT-OUT and just FIT-IN. Be a part of something special! Just my thoughts."

James was asked if the tweet was for someone in particular.

"It was more about people in general," James told a large media group. "It was a general thought I had. Obviously, whatever thought I have people try to encrypt it and Da Vinci code it. People are always trying to fit out instead of fit in and be part of something special. That's what it's all about."

In October, Love said he was trying "not to fit in so much" with the Cavs, adding new teammates had encouraged him to "fit out. Just be myself."

V: Totally on board with Lebron's pro-conformist agenda.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

morestuff posted:

:yikes:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I vaguely remember McGary from one of the times I flirted with watching college basketball because Arizona is/was good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Michigan Hansbrough

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
edit: never mind.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Lose to Minnesota. Beat Atlanta. Memphis basketball y'all.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

morestuff posted:

Maybe we should crosspost this to the BSS Liefeld thread!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PantsFreeZone posted:

Shots fired.
Do you mean to tell me that a team coached by Doc Rivers pisses and moans a lot?!?!?!

Niwrad posted:

I still think it's a move you have to make. Lebron has a couple years of his prime left and you can't sit around waiting for a guy like Wiggins to develop.

At the same time, if Love bolts after this season, it could be looked back on as a bad trade. Still think it's worth the risk from Cleveland's standpoint.
Halfway through 10/11, people were about ready to break up the Miami Heat. I think people forget that this poo poo isn't a video game where you put three stars who haven't played together on a roster and everything instantly works.

IcePhoenix posted:

N: Three in a row

V:

(click for album)
It's amazing what a team can do when four of its five best players aren't all injured at the same time.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 9, 2015

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Halfway through 10/11, people were about ready to break up the Miami Heat. I think people forget that this poo poo isn't a video game where you put three stars who haven't played together on a roster and everything instantly works.

The one guy I generally go to for my basketball knowledge (which is...very minimal compared to my knowledge of stuff that goes fast on circles) said that Love would perhaps be the best player to kind of pair up with LeBron during his entire career. (this same guy stressed to me to not even concern myself with Derrick Williams, and focus on Kyrie Iriving in 2011 fwiw).

I don't know, it all seems pretty nit-picky right now. It doesn't feel like Love's lack of stats seems to be bringing down the team in any sort of way. They've really seemed to gel with each other quite well lately, and have been 13-1 in the past 14.

I do think that Mozgov has helped immensely. I also feel that Dion Waiters was kind of dead weight in retrospect, and I feel the addition of JR Smith has truly seemed to pay off (strangely enough).

I would like to see them try to go after just one more big for insurance, and perhaps a back up PG (Mind if we borrow Mo Gotti, Minnesota?) but aside from that, I don't see why one should really nit pick what this team currently has going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I don't really like the Heat comp though because they were a top 10 offense and defense that season, they just needed to retool the offense around motion and small ball. Mozgov helps the Cavs but I don't see what moves they can make to be competitive with the West.

• Locked thread