Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Velthice posted:

the wod tank set looks like complete rear end anyway so just get something actually cool instead like fabulous hats

Only reason I main BRD.

Now to get fabulous caster hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009
I've been doing free trial time on Excalibur. Strongly considering subscribing (as I have nothing to do after work these days), but I had a question about Attribute Points. If I were to, say, level up a CNJ to 25 on the side to get Cure/Protect/whatever, if I were to pour those points in to MND, would that boost show up on another class if they were of equal or higher level?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Priss In Plate posted:

I've been doing free trial time on Excalibur. Strongly considering subscribing (as I have nothing to do after work these days), but I had a question about Attribute Points. If I were to, say, level up a CNJ to 25 on the side to get Cure/Protect/whatever, if I were to pour those points in to MND, would that boost show up on another class if they were of equal or higher level?

Every class has its own pool of bonus points, so putting them into Mind on Conjurer impacts nothing on Thaumaturge.

The only exception is Arcanist, because it has two Jobs it forks off into, which have differing desires (Summoner wants Intelligence, Scholar wants Mind). Redoing them is trivial though.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Stupid question, but is there any way at all to get the kind of shades that Beatin/Godbert/Wymond wears? The closest thing is the Pince-Nez, and they're cool and all but obviously not quite the same. It seems pretty weird that you can't get those glasses.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bonewitch posted:

Lucis turn-ins are more annoying to craft but at least all you lose is clusters and a single mat, masterbook turnins are like "oh, you did everything perfectly? well heres a 60% chance of nq'ing anyway" which is brutal when each one costs 100k to make.

Yeah lucis tokens are actually pretty great because you don't have to rely on Reclaim! Unless the non-refundable material is ludicrously expensive, and I don't think any of them are.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Holy gently caress. Fate grinding in N. Thanalan makes spirit binding loving FAST. I can bind my entire right side to 100% in about 20 minutes.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Mordiceius posted:

Holy gently caress. Fate grinding in N. Thanalan makes spirit binding loving FAST. I can bind my entire right side to 100% in about 20 minutes.
What level right side items are you using/where are you getting them? I might get in on the spiritbonding action.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm using:

Red Coral Necklace
Tourmaline Earrings
Electrum Wristlets
2x Tourmaline Ring

Just use equivalent items based on class. Works wonders. Put a cheap materia in them. I've found the cheapest materia to be Grade 3 elemental resist materia. And use a spirit binding potion.

Also, if you're lazy, you can buy gear in the Processing Plant for left side.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

20 minutes is fast? Then what's slow?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Line Feed posted:

20 minutes is fast? Then what's slow?

I've never sat around and done spirit binding before, so this is neat.

I'm in N Than anyway for alex grinding, so getting a bunch of materia every 20 minutes is nice.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Robviously posted:

9MAGTBNW

Use mine!

Edit: as a note, you don't get the items until a month's payment is processed. In case you subscribe and wonder where your free xp is.

I used your code. thank you for posting it.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Spiritbond potions aren't really worth the expense unless you have nothing to spend GC seals on.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

nuru posted:

Spiritbond potions aren't really worth the expense unless you have nothing to spend GC seals on.

Even then, ventures are probably a much better use of seals.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I'm using:

Red Coral Necklace
Tourmaline Earrings
Electrum Wristlets
2x Tourmaline Ring

Just use equivalent items based on class. Works wonders. Put a cheap materia in them. I've found the cheapest materia to be Grade 3 elemental resist materia. And use a spirit binding potion.

Also, if you're lazy, you can buy gear in the Processing Plant for left side.

Spiritbonding potion is a huge waste of seals, they also hardly make a difference in bond time.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Here's the pictures from the Famitsu interview rehosted:

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

whoa I didn't know yoshi-p went to the ffxiv goon meet

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

RuanGacho posted:

Here's the pictures from the Famitsu interview rehosted:

Is that Excalibur screenshot from the existing Zodiac quest, or is it new? If it's new, does anyone have a translation?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

pksage posted:

Is that Excalibur screenshot from the existing Zodiac quest, or is it new? If it's new, does anyone have a translation?

As far as I know that's not anything new, because all the people who have seen the interview and can read japanese didn't remark on it, but I could be wrong.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
WhaWhat should I be spending my extra soldiery on now that I only care about Poetics gear?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

WhaWhat should I be spending my extra soldiery on now that I only care about Poetics gear?
Buy Rowena's tokens to get soldiery weapons for alts? Get soldiery crafting mats?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Buy Rowena's tokens to get soldiery weapons for alts? Get soldiery crafting mats?

I just bought a bunch of Wootz ore. I guess I'll click them together or something.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

mission to jump on everything for green bird...accomplished.

mission to acquire shirt...underway

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

why

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FF14 is probably much farther away and through some temperamental connections. Find a speedtest location in the city the datacenter is in and try that maybe?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zereth posted:

FF14 is probably much farther away and through some temperamental connections. Find a speedtest location in the city the datacenter is in and try that maybe?
Where is the datacenter? I'm getting way higher speeds even in cities three thousand miles away.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Montreal I think.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zereth posted:

Montreal I think.
Still 15 MB/s. :shrug:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

T11 down. Feels good man.

I was fine with about 10400 HP, as suggested, for the entire fight, but afterwards my healers said they want me in full vit for T12 and 13, because everything hits harder. Is there some validity to this, or should I just tell them to git gud?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Are the special event items ever coming to the cash shop? I missed out on the Lightning chest piece on an alt.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Fister Roboto posted:

I was fine with about 10400 HP, as suggested, for the entire fight, but afterwards my healers said they want me in full vit for T12 and 13, because everything hits harder. Is there some validity to this, or should I just tell them to git gud?

You don't really need it for T12 since you can Vengeance + IB every revelation and pop basically everything else on Bennus; nothing else really hits that hard.

I don't know enough about tanking T13, bug Rei_ about that.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

Fister Roboto posted:

If you aren't MT then mostly str accs is probably fine as you dont tank a ton of things and most of what you do dies pretty fast. Perhaps better to err on the side of caution when you are learning though but going full str is fine.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

waiting for ADS is suffering

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Popehoist posted:

waiting for ADS is suffering

Watch out for that cat in the yellow wedding dress. One time we were waiting just like you were and he said "hey why don't we try learning Allagan Rot?" (the way that T2 is actually intended to be done)

You can imagine how that worked out.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Can't you just kill the rot node now and just brute force it. Its not like high voltage is even that bad anymore.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Is it possible to do the other bosses in that turn instead of waiting?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Other... bosses...?

???

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

bonewitch posted:

You don't really need it for T12 since you can Vengeance + IB every revelation and pop basically everything else on Bennus; nothing else really hits that hard.

I don't know enough about tanking T13, bug Rei_ about that.

Bennus can hit pretty hard since they can just decide to crit a bunch of times in a row and tear a tank in half, luckily awareness is up for every single one you handle.

For T13 you want probably just under 11k, tbqh if your healers need more than this you better have really good DPS who can pick up the slack

My rule of thumb is that for SCOB anything over 9.5k is a waste of HP, and in FCOB it seems to be around 11k. T13 for Warriors is weird depending on your strategy because the only mobs that'll be hitting you terribly hard are Shadows and Sins (which if they die quickly isnt an issue since their tankbuster is based on HP%, you can skip the second one but if your DPS isnt fast enough you take a harder hitting one than the first one). If your group decides to have the WAR pick up Twintania that means you're handling a minimum of two Death Sentences, the advantage to this though is it means the Paladin can just deal with the one add while the War picks up the Gusts with and Overpowers them up while the DPS burns down everything and AOE damage gets Twin as well as the Gusts.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 9, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rei_ posted:

Bennus can hit pretty hard since they can just decide to crit a bunch of times in a row and tear a tank in half, luckily awareness is up for every single one you handle.

For T13 you want probably just under 11k, tbqh if your healers need more than this you better have really good DPS who can pick up the slack

My rule of thumb is that for SCOB anything over 9.5k is a waste of HP, and in FCOB it seems to be around 11k.

OK, I'll give them a little bit more leeway. But not too much! Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice. That extra DPS I was able to throw in definitely helped with clearing t11 tonight.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Is it possible to do the other bosses in that turn instead of waiting?

We tried clearing out every single node, and then wiped to the hypercharged ADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Fister Roboto posted:

OK, I'll give them a little bit more leeway. But not too much! Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice. That extra DPS I was able to throw in definitely helped with clearing t11 tonight.

The big trick for 12/13 you want to keep in mind is preparing a Skull Sunder for pickups. For example on the pull in T12 I fracture, heavy swing, and then the Bennu will spawn just as my GCD comes back around to slam the Bennu down. In T12 and 13 all adds spawn with fully active threat tables and ready to start killing healers, so the second something touches the field it needs to be under control. You want to be where things are going to spawn, always have maim up and an offensive cooldown ready for the pickup with a skull sunder. Butchers Block pickups arent viable here unless you're really good at animation cancelling.

Up to T11 though you have a few seconds on adds to get in a few flashes or overpowers

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 9, 2015

• Locked thread