Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

book posted:

He did and then missed shooting at a Hunchback that was 50 yds away.

probably long-sighted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

sebmojo posted:

AMS doesn't do much if anything vs SRMs and BAP is worthless (unless you just want to be cancelling out ECM for the rest of the group which is very public spirited of you). Ditch it for more SRM ammo.

e: wait is BAP a module now?

BAP's still regular equipment, you may be thinking of the sensor module that further increases target information gathering speed. After some reading yeah AMS is only going to stop one SRM per salvo or two SSRM if lucky, so off that goes. Keeping the BAP for now, though. Just got DHS unlocked so now I can fit it and the SRM6 onto the 'mech and it's nice to have faster detailed target acquisition; Good to know where to shoot to end it quickly or if I should just flee immediately, with an XL engine vulnerability in a Trebuchet torso. Also to help pubbies against ECM, gently caress the fresh wave of Hellbringers. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to run a jumpy robot without full jumpiness after this one, it's just so satisfying. And it's the first mech I'll get elite unlocks on, and also have stats with after the basics/DHS grind that aren't embarassingly poo poo. Not great, but moving on up. Shame it only has one mech module slot.

e: turns out I'm a big dumb idiot who clicked ferro-fibrous instead of endosteel on smurfy's mechlab, and if I use the correct upgrade every setup without AMS ends up with spare tonnage, whereas if I drop one DHS I can fit ARTEMIS for the SRM6 and have exactly enough slots and weight left for the AMS. So, welp. Feature density. Dropping BAP, AMS, or ARTEMIS only nets an extra 0.2 DPS.

book posted:

Watched someone in a KGC use the zoom module to shoot a Stalker that was 100 yds away with his AC20s. :wtc:

There are some people disgusting enough to not bind toggle enhanced zoom and toggle regular zoom to separate keys.
e: or to equip enhanced zoom to an AC/20 or indeed anything I guess

Sard fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 9, 2015

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Sard posted:

There are some people disgusting enough to not bind toggle enhanced zoom and toggle regular zoom to separate keys.
e: or to equip enhanced zoom to an AC/20 or indeed anything I guess

I love the Advanced zoom on my Stalker 4N. It really helps put damage where I want it.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Does it really help? I may get my hands on it sometimes, I love my Stalker 4N laser vomit.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Does anyone have the link to the soundcloud that has the warhorn sounds? I may spend some of this free MC on them while they are on sale if any sound fun to me.

Also, do not get the flu if you can help it arrghh.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

TeeMerk posted:

Does anyone have the link to the soundcloud that has the warhorn sounds? I may spend some of this free MC on them while they are on sale if any sound fun to me.

https://soundcloud.com/mechwarrior/sets/mechwarrior-warhorn-sound

Completely worth it. I'd pick up the isobaric too if I had more fun in assaults. Recroom and envious eardrum all the way.

The trailer music downloads are broken, unfortunately.

Sard fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 9, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

TeeMerk posted:

I spent a little over a week under the covers sick as a dog thanks to some inconsiderate fucktard who came in to work with the flu and got a bunch of us sick.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

Sard posted:

https://soundcloud.com/mechwarrior/sets/mechwarrior-warhorn-sound

Completely worth it. I'd pick up the isobaric too if I had more fun in assaults. Recroom and envious eardrum all the way.

The trailer music downloads are broken, unfortunately.

Bird war horns all day everyday

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I picked up an air horn and the tsundere monkey, plus a sonic boom. It's worth it to look through the standing cockpit items because some of them are hilariously random. Random food or deserts, tech toys, etc. Some are silly great like a hamster on a wheel. Some of the hanging ones are odd too, like the fantasy oil lantern. :confused:

MadWOPR posted:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

MadWOPR posted:

I totally would, if it wasn't $6

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

Elliotw2 posted:

I totally would, if it wasn't $6

It's 6? Bird war horns never then.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It would be nice if cockpit items could be used in multiple mechs

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MECHASHIVA IS NOT A CRIME

sebmojo posted:

e: vv praise mechashiva vv

Amateur:

I have a screenshot on my computer at home of us getting 12 or 13 Cataphracts stacked up.

Alternate screenshot:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TeeMerk posted:

Especially if you have an upcoming test vital to your future. :suicide:

I did well on the test.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
welp we hit 402k out of 450k thus 45% off c-bill purchases on equipping weapon modules. i for one am glad that i'll be able to wreck big spenders even harder with my storm crow armada once the discount is applied. UPINYA OUT

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

UoI posted:

Especially if you have an upcoming test vital to your future. :suicide:

I did well on the test.

good job. now enlist in the air force for any non maintenance afsc on a four year active contract so you can ride the gi bill in hawaii like a boss while you burn out your remaining pell grant, fafsa loans, and up to two years of unemployment. just imagine it! see you there.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

OH GOD THE RANGE ON THESE CLAN ER MEDIUM LASERS IS SO GOOD.

havent heard a peep fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 9, 2015

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

liquidfire posted:

good job. now enlist in the air force for any non maintenance afsc on a four year active contract so you can ride the gi bill in hawaii like a boss while you burn out your remaining pell grant, fafsa loans, and up to two years of unemployment. just imagine it! see you there.

Too late! I joined the Navy. :shobon:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Enjoy being ships company and assigned to galley for six months.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

UoI posted:

Too late! I joined the Navy. :shobon:

Shooting gauss rifles at work, coming home and shooting fake gauss rifles for fun.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

demonR6 posted:

Enjoy being ships company and assigned to galley for six months.

Sure beats a street corner in Kabul. Or some other horrible sandpit.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
I've been wanting to get back into this game for awhile, so just going to do it. I saw how to register and such for WoL, but how about the fighting cocks? Just picked up the resistance pack because I hate money.

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

Improbable Lobster posted:

It would be nice if cockpit items could be used in multiple mechs

You can remove them and put them in another mech like modules. Buy one warhorn and switch it to whatever mech you're playing at the moment.

And make sure that warhorn is sonic boom.

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006
I'm having a blast with the Raven mastery bundle. The 4x is trash but the other two models are amazing with minor refitting.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

https://www.mechstats.com/

This site is really cool and everyone should use it, my only real issue is that it makes a distinction between old stats and new stats and sets your stats from when you first upload them as all being old

It also mirrors the invasion and golden variants for everyone so it overreports matches played.

garth ferengi fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 10, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Talmonis posted:

Sure beats a street corner in Kabul. Or some other horrible sandpit.

Hey I never complained, I enjoyed all those foreign ports and questionable brothels..

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
So I drunk purchased the Urbanmech collectors pack and PGI gave me free mechs .... downside, I have only really played mediums (Hunchback) and I'm getting rolled pretty bad.

Any advice on how not to suck as an assault? (Crab and Atlas)

I'm using the crab as much as I can to XP it out but its just .... slow.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sonderval posted:

So I drunk purchased the Urbanmech collectors pack and PGI gave me free mechs .... downside, I have only really played mediums (Hunchback) and I'm getting rolled pretty bad.

Essentially what you want to do is walk forward and fire your guns. Always Be Closing the distance with your enemies, even if you have a long range build. Large assaults like the crab or the atlas are very immobile and you will take a lot more damage than you need to if you try to do too much corner peeking. You are also very large, and smaller quicker mechs will have no trouble landing shots on you from long range, while you might have trouble hitting them. The best thing for you to do is move forward from cover to cover while shooting your guns at anything you see.

For this to really work, you will need to get a big portion of your team to follow you around and cover you. You carry a lot of firepower and are pretty durable, but it's very hard to disengage in something as big as a Crab or an Atlas if things aren't going your way. When you commit to a push, make sure the rest of your team also committed. If you have lovely teammates they will just peace out at the first sign of trouble and leave you to die, and that can be pretty frustrating (they'll tell you they were "flanking" or some such poo poo when you rage at them). If you play with goons and they do this to you you can at least call them names over the mic.

Pycckuu fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 10, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sonderval posted:

Put a 325 in it if you want some respectable speed. Standard armour, endo steel, some extra ammo and and a PPC make for a pretty fearsome crusracean.

I chain fire the AC/20s but you don't have to.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Could someone throw me an IGN colour code?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

TescoBag posted:

Could someone throw me an IGN colour code?

Those codes have expired. Sorry dude, you missed out. Unless you're talking about something other than the PCGamer codes.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

LordBaxter posted:

You can remove them and put them in another mech like modules. Buy one warhorn and switch it to whatever mech you're playing at the moment.

And make sure that warhorn is sonic boom.

The UI is SUPER-HELPFUL in swapping things to other robots. Have fun.

And never XL an assault. Unless you are drunk. And hate surviving things like "matches". And hate yourself.

(I still love my Awesome 9M, so pot/kettle what you will)

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Drewjitsu posted:

Those codes have expired. Sorry dude, you missed out. Unless you're talking about something other than the PCGamer codes.

Bummer :(

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Improbable Lobster posted:

Put a 325 in it if you want some respectable speed. Standard armour, endo steel, some extra ammo and and a PPC make for a pretty fearsome crusracean.

I chain fire the AC/20s but you don't have to.

I wouldn't take crab advice from some with lobster in his name :v:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

armchairyoda posted:

The UI is SUPER-HELPFUL in swapping things to other robots. Have fun.

dude it's only 19 clicks and 2 minutes of waiting for each module swap what are you talking about

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

sebmojo posted:

dude it's only 19 clicks and 2 minutes of waiting for each module swap what are you talking about

WHOA... That's not "fun"?!? And 19 is correct. 350 minimum or buy a Dire Wolf, you sellout.

Zipline
May 9, 2013

Sonderval posted:

Wise man once say: Move like crab. Think like crab. Be crab. They want to kill you? Crab has no fear and will pinch a whale, though the latter be 10,000 times larger. King Crab is largest of all, and knows even less fear. You have no mind for processing anything more complicated than finding prey, and pinching. Always pinching.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Never not scuttle.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neo Helbeast posted:

Never not (fred) scuttle.

Am I doing it right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
Just authed on goonrathi and submitted app to WoL, character name brotolemaeus.

• Locked thread