Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Hi I play dark angels, they don't have a single 30k model and their 40k codex is garbage welp cya *flies out of thread on overpriced piece of poo poo land speeder that has a church on the back*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
My group's DA player (and our SW player) is waiting until they get 30K rules before picking up anything, which gives me plenty of time to collect bitz to build up about 40 dudes and a command group.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ANAmal.net posted:

Hi I play dark angels, they don't have a single 30k model and their 40k codex is garbage welp cya *flies out of thread on overpriced piece of poo poo land speeder that has a church on the back*

You got a 30k relic, enjoy your fear!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Whoever bought it the first time will just replace it again.

yup

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BULBASAUR posted:

It's just lovely that they're not focusing on releasing models for existing armies. I've waited 2 years to build out mine using the 'correct' bits, and 1 year for an upgraydd pack. There are a few poor armies with zero rules, units, or any idea when their stuff will come out. That sucks big time, but what come close is having your stuff already in a book, waiting every weekend for a release, and then having FW announce a new book, ultramarines, and a super heavy flying brick.

I can't be the only person having their patience tested. I'm hosed either way at this point- if I wait another year to get my models I cant play games. If I scratch build my own and then FW releases official ones I have to spend more money and am hosed in another.

I expected something different from FW, I guess, but I realize now its more of the same... just with better writers. I'll vote with my money.

So you're mad that they're showing things that are in the pipeline for other armies in book 3 and new things that could be 6-12 months in the future?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Mango Polo posted:

You got a 30k relic, enjoy your fear!

This is somehow both more aggravating than getting nothing at all, but also the most completely perfect thing they could have done.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ANAmal.net posted:

Same.

ANAmal.net posted:

This is somehow both more aggravating than getting nothing at all, but also the most completely perfect thing they could have done.
It really is. I know fear can actually be a thing in 30k, but a relic that gives army-wide fear for one turn is awful when compared to a bunch of the others. I just hope the Dark Angels get cool looking models whenever they come out in 2020.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

ANAmal.net posted:

Serves you right for playing secret-Traitors.

(Luther was the true loyalist.)

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
In other other FW news, Vraks has been condensed into one book and updated for the latest edition.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
As a DA player I've gotten kinda used to GW and FW giving me the cold shoulder :v:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dark Angels should be in C:SM.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ANAmal.net posted:

Safety Factor posted:

It really is. I know fear can actually be a thing in 30k, but a relic that gives army-wide fear for one turn is awful when compared to a bunch of the others. I just hope the Dark Angels get cool looking models whenever they come out in 2020.

You'll get Darkfear Marines and you'll like it. With Darkround ammo for their guns and the "Are you Afraid of the Dark?" Rite of War.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
every other army gets to take a free bucket of sand.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Serves you right for playing secret-Traitors.

(Luther was the true loyalist.)

#JusticeForLuther

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
#notalldarkangels

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

ijyt posted:

Dark Angels should be in CSM.

Ftfy

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Harlequin rumours for this week are:
Codex, 96 page hardback.
Painting guide.
Starweaver
Psychic cards
Dice

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Lungboy posted:

In other other FW news, Vraks has been condensed into one book and updated for the latest edition.

Was a lot of content cut? Vraks was one of those sets of IA books that seemed like they would have cool fluff, and I like the overall story of poo poo just getting worse and worse and escalating until demons invade. All 40k stories should end with demons invading.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Lungboy posted:

Harlequin rumours for this week are:
Codex, 96 page hardback.
Painting guide.
Starweaver
Psychic cards
Dice

80+ pages will be fluff and pictures

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...

ijyt posted:

Dark Angels should be in C:SM.

Bring back Codex: Angels of Death!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
codex: clownzzz

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Moola posted:

codex: clownzzz

Can't wait to field Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

drgnvale posted:

Was a lot of content cut? Vraks was one of those sets of IA books that seemed like they would have cool fluff, and I like the overall story of poo poo just getting worse and worse and escalating until demons invade. All 40k stories should end with demons invading.

I've no idea, I don't think that's been announced yet.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Can't wait to field Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope

I was going to magnetize my Starweaver but i can't figure out how it works.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
So call me dumb but let me get this straight:

Decurion = one core (Reclamation Legion) + optional 1 command + optional Auxiluries.

Things in a Decurion get Ever Living - +1 to Reanimation Protocols.

----
Reclamation Legion - everything in it gets move through cover, relentless AND rerolls of 1 to RP for the warlord and units within 12" of it, ON TOP OF the +1 to Reanimation Protocols already?

Thats insanely loving good. You lose Obsec but who gives a gently caress.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
How long does it usually take for things they put up for sale at weekenders for the rest of us to purchase? Specifically the guardian robots

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hencoe posted:

How long does it usually take for things they put up for sale at weekenders for the rest of us to purchase? Specifically the guardian robots

Anywhere from 1 week to 6 months.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Lord Twisted posted:

Reclamation Legion - everything in it gets move through cover, relentless AND rerolls of 1 to RP for the warlord and units within 12" of it, ON TOP OF the +1 to Reanimation Protocols already?

Thats insanely loving good. You lose Obsec but who gives a gently caress.

They're only getting the reroll ones if they're within 12" of the Overlord, who's probably going to be jetting around on his little 4x4. Relentless is kinda pointless (and makes Tesla Carbines double pointless).

You're also going to need at least another HQ and two troops who all don't benefit from the Decurion if you want anything outside of the Auxiliaries.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They're only getting the reroll ones if they're within 12" of the Overlord, who's probably going to be jetting around on his little 4x4. Relentless is kinda pointless (and makes Tesla Carbines double pointless).

You're also going to need at least another HQ and two troops who all don't benefit from the Decurion if you want anything outside of the Auxiliaries.

True. Free 4+ FNP equivalent for taking already pretty good models (Tomb Blades became awesome) is hardly a downside though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Thank you based China.

Hm? Recasts? Nah, I'm talking Bloodthirster pictures of course.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I don't see any reason to love or hate it. It's just another blocky Space Marine flyer. ForgeWorld makes good models, but there's only so much wiggle room you have with some of these concepts.

Honestly with the Stormbird, given how theyre described in the books, they had a chance to break the mold and do a swoopier looking flyer and it's too bad they didn't.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mango Polo posted:

Thank you based China.

Hm? Recasts? Nah, I'm talking Bloodthirster pictures of course.

So 3 different versions. Skarbrand to be one of them judging by that axe?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Skarbrand has two axes, so I don't think they made one version for him for some reason.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
So, I was browsing a friend's Necron book. Is it me, or is it an army with no downsides? Great shooting, amazing resiliency, speedy strong transports, amazing anti-vehicle and anti-horde weapon options spread over several units and slots, and even great CC (T5 3++ wraiths hititng like daemon prices for a fraction of the cost, S7 AP2 weaponry hititng before I1).

Is there any supposed weakness to Necrons that I somehow missed, other than having no acces to Psykers without allies?

Sephyr fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 9, 2015

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Sephyr posted:

So, I was browsing a friend's Necron book. Is it me, or is it an army with no downsides? Great shooting, amazing resiliency, speedy strong transports, amazing anti-vehicle and anti-horde weapon options spread over several units and slots, and even great CC (T5 3++ wraiths hititng like daemon prices for a fraction of the cost, S7 AP2 weaponry hititng before I1).

Is there any supposed weakness to Necrons that I somehow missed, other than having no acces to Psykers without allies?

You have to hear a lot of jokes about Terminator and how easy to paint they are.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Skarbrand also has torn-up wings. While I'd be surprised if they included two sets of wings in the kit, I'm hoping that they do.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Sephyr posted:

They have morale problems, aren't super mobile with their troops, there best mid strength shooting options got more expensive as did there transport flier. They can't bring MSU troops now that warriors are in blocks of 10 which also changed the dynamic of ghost arks. Command barges are good but losing mindshackle really put a dent in them and knights still cut them in half very quickly. And I2 is a big hindrance

However ghost arks got a lot cooler, as did wraiths, and having an always on FNP is much more useful then before.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 9, 2015

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Naramyth posted:

They have morale problems, aren't super mobile with their troops, there best mid strength shooting options got more expensive as did there transport flier.

Still all of that is fixable by allies.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
the immortal fearless robot men have morale problems???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Lord Twisted posted:

Still all of that is fixable by allies.

Well sure, but that applies to every army in the game. Necrons were a top 5 army and probably still are but it's not like they are/were completely dominating the tourney scene.

Moola posted:

the immortal fearless robot men have morale problems???

Losing combat and getting swept is a thing that happens, yes. Leadership 10 is good but it isn't ATSKNF/fearless/mob rule.

• Locked thread