Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Look at that huge nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Aww that's kinda cute :3:

edit: Snake I mean. Look at him back there, staring longingly at Matt. He knows all about love and battlefields and such and such.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Yep, that deserves the dreaded REAR ADMIRAL!

(gently caress why do they look like mine get the gently caress out of here guy.)

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Genetic Toaster posted:

Yeah, I'd love to see Pat do a ResearchIndicates-style Let's Play of Silent Hill 2 where he just goes totally into the symbolism and themes and junk, but as it stands I'm super glad Matt is on-hand to make fartgas and boner jokes when the game gets too heavy because goddamn does Silent Hill 2 go to some dark places.

I actually don't remember any fart gas or boner jokes in the SH2 LP.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

I actually don't remember any fart gas or boner jokes in the SH2 LP.

Well, there was the boneitis thing that led to a boner joke this last episode. More of a joint effort than a Matt original tho.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like how there're more hats in the background.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Pat's really on point in the new Machinima video, made me laugh really hard a few times. Shame about the melty faces, though.

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

The Unity vid really seems like you guys are pushing for a full LP just like The Evil Within. I fully support this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
11 parts of Prison Break almost destroyed Pat. I'm not sure how 30 hours of Unity will do anything other than ensure he's destroyed.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
OH poo poo A NEW DRIFT VIDEO SWEET

oh its early access. it's still sweet though, Ill wait until beta.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 9, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
How the gently caress is SBF Drift a series? I'm not complaining, just...huh.

Oh, so it's Rock N'Roll Racing with a bit of F-Zero/Micro Machines. Cool.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dias posted:

How the gently caress is SBF Drift a series?

why not?! racing games used to be rad! and can be today with some people.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Machinima on Unity is the first time I've really looked at that game for more than a minute and, uh, boy. That game looks for all the world like it's trembling under its own weight.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

I know, but there's like, no drift-based racing games other than kart ones around, I was surprised they found a second one that sorta fits.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dias posted:

I know, but there's like, no drift-based racing games other than kart ones around, I was surprised they found a second one that sorta fits.

dude drifting is a general racing term, if it has wheels, it can drift, ergo super best friends drift can cover all racing games.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Been catching up on Best Friends stuff ever since Zubaz won Star Road 2 in VGCW. Been wondering where the Little Britain stuff came from (there was a reference to it in the AC Unity episode), since I've seen passing mentions of it here and there. I'm guessing it was one of the games that Woolie or Matt or someone tested? Because I remember watching the show way back when and thinking how awful it was, and the concept of it being in video game form seems like a very, very, very bad idea.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey Matt, serious question here but when are we getting Best Friends Watch: Redline

I didn't hear it get namedropped at all in this video and it sounds right up your alley.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Kinda random question, but have the SBF crew ever done a light-gun game? I think it would be funny to see them do Ghost Squad, if only to see the reactions to light-gun CQC, light-gun bomb defusal, and punching people in the dick after power bombing them.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Prozach posted:

Been catching up on Best Friends stuff ever since Zubaz won Star Road 2 in VGCW. Been wondering where the Little Britain stuff came from (there was a reference to it in the AC Unity episode), since I've seen passing mentions of it here and there. I'm guessing it was one of the games that Woolie or Matt or someone tested? Because I remember watching the show way back when and thinking how awful it was, and the concept of it being in video game form seems like a very, very, very bad idea.

I haven't had time to watch the video in question, but it's likely a reference to their LP of Way of the Samurai 4.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tupperwarez posted:

Kinda random question, but have the SBF crew ever done a light-gun game? I think it would be funny to see them do Ghost Squad, if only to see the reactions to light-gun CQC, light-gun bomb defusal, and punching people in the dick after power bombing them.
Merry christmas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI3NrmIJM34

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al-Saqr posted:

I'd really like to see them do a video for Distance/Nitronic Rush, that game is awesome

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Dias posted:

Or it's a title that's based off godawful racing movie titles, that often incorporate terms like drift at random.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kimmalah posted:

Or it's a title that's based off godawful racing movie titles, that often incorporate terms like drift at random.

The only game they'd played so far was literally about drifting, but whatever, who cares, I like racing games too!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

SBFP All-Stars Racing Transformed 4P mode please.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sonic all-stars transformed is a legit fantastic game when it had no right to be. Would that be a SBF brawl episode instead of fisticuffs?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Sonic all-stars transformed is a legit fantastic game when it had no right to be. Would that be a SBF brawl episode instead of fisticuffs?

I think Sonic all stars is a funner racing game than Mario kart 8, it doesn't loving punish you and poo poo in your face every time you try to do well in multiplayer.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

I think Sonic all stars is a funner racing game than Mario kart 8, it doesn't loving punish you and poo poo in your face every time you try to do well in multiplayer.

Yeah, Transformed has a lot less gently caress-you items than any Mario Kart. Swarm is laughable compared to the goddamn Blue Shell.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sonic All-Stars is super super good but all of the items kinda suck, not because they aren't Mario Kart strong but because they're pretty uninspired. I'd rather they pulled items from various games to use even if they functioned the same as what's already there.

I still prefer Mario Kart for whatever reason but it is worth the glance.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Sonic All-Stars Racing is lazy, charmless, and not all that fun. I don't understand any people who think it's superior to any Mario Kart.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wouldn't say it's superior to Mario Kart just because Mario Kart has crazy intense staying power (Because it's a Mario game and also fun), but Transformed is hilarious because you can play as Danica Patrick and the narrator from Football Manager.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

Sonic All-Stars Racing is lazy, charmless, and not all that fun. I don't understand any people who think it's superior to any Mario Kart.

old school sonic fans with a mario hate-on and nothing else to latch onto no doubt

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also you can play as BD Joe from Crazy Taxi and I don't give a poo poo about the quality of the game if I can play as BD Joe I will play it for many hours (the fact that it is a good game does help though)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

I will disagree of the charm aspect of All Stars Transformed, I think it has plenty of it and the 'sega classics' racing stage is super awesome.

if we were talking about double dash, 64, etc. then yes those are definitely better than all stars, but Mario kart 8 just makes me incredibly angry and depressed to play online.

A) it's almost impossible to recover any momentum if you are hit with a poo poo streak of items, many MANY times I would reach second or third place, but then I would be hit from behind, and then boom I'm in 8th or twelfth with no hope before the round is over. this is not a one time freak incidence, it happens CONSTANTLY, and it really makes me feel like I'm being punished for every incremental improvement I attempt to make at this game. at least Double Dash AWARDED me for learning the mechanics of the game and mastering them, Mario Kart 8 doesn't allow for that.

B) the items, When you DO fall behind the items it rewards you does almost nothing to help you make a comeback, the WORST of it is the loving coin item, in almost 70% of cases where just having a mushroom or a red shell would make me bounce back to the top 5, I instead get a coin, which is basically like receiving nothing. and when I do receive the bullet bills, I'd be lucky to just go up one spot.

In the end of the day, MK8 makes me feel like poo poo when playing it, while all stars doesn't, in all stars I KNOW where I hosed up and when I come back I do better by learning, that makes transformed a better game in my book.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 9, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

It has interesting tracks, the transforming mechanic makes for some neat route decisions, for SP the gimmick races add some variety instead of circuit racing all the time, there's less infuriating items so it's better as a "competitive" game...

I wouldn't say it's superior, but it's fun and about on-par with most recent Mario Karts. You know what, gently caress it, it's better than Mario Kart Wii.

edit: forgot that Double Dash was the GC one.

Dias fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 9, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
So you're saying Mario Kart is better if you're good at video games

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

So you're saying Mario Kart is better if you're good at video games

lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mario Kart was on EVO, he has a point.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I hate how effective the "just get gud, idiot" retort is.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sonic All-Stars Transformed is popular because it's a pretty decent kart-racer that's on PC. No one talked about it until it got a good Steam Sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It has wacky characters like the general from a war game and the...football manager?