Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Apparently my computer can now run WoT (poorly). I've been piddling around on the SEA server, but I might see if I can get onto one of the NA servers without too much lag. It's been a while since I logged in, and I know I had just gotten an M103, or was just on the verge of getting it, so if someone sends me a refferal, I can get tier X probably within the next month or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I can't wait for World of Warships and horrible pubs driving into islands and stuff....

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

I can't wait for World of Warships and horrible pubs driving into islands and stuff....
It happens all the time and it's hilarious (It's me).

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sarmhan posted:

It happens all the time and it's hilarious (It's me).

The only time that happened to me was when I tried to use the rudder lock controls on a cruisers. Do no use rudder lock controls on a cruiser. It works perfectly for a battleship, but not as much on a cruiser.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I got a little too clever with destroyer maneuvering once or twice and clipped an island. Fortunately smoke screen meant I didn't die! Also Torpedoing a battleship that hit an island is the most satisfying thing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

sarmhan posted:

Also Torpedoing a battleship that hit an island is the most satisfying thing.

Torpedoing anything ever is the most satisfying thing.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Lakeville encounter can be so amazing at times:

Victory
Lakeville
Type 62
Experience received:7,049 (x3 for the first victory each day) Credits received 89,808
Battle achievements Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Repairs: -999
Ammunition: -24 810
Total: 63 999 WN8: 12 354 (100)

And yes, it was a t8 match.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

15k wn8 in a T-46. Seal club erryday.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Well I have just been educated by this shitlord esteemed WoT player. He posits that win rate and stats are meaningless. Further more, win rate is only data, and that I obviously don't know the difference between data and information. And something about TOGs having to fight tiers 7 and 8 (although he was in a Matilda BP at the time, so I have no idea what that was about).

You learn something every day, I guess. At least people who can fog a mirror and point their tank gun at red tanks and click the LMB occasionally can. I am not sure most of the 'players' are even sentient any more.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

SU-76 with binocs is OP.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

WayAbvPar posted:

Well I have just been educated by this shitlord esteemed WoT player. He posits that win rate and stats are meaningless. Further more, win rate is only data, and that I obviously don't know the difference between data and information. And something about TOGs having to fight tiers 7 and 8 (although he was in a Matilda BP at the time, so I have no idea what that was about).

You learn something every day, I guess. At least people who can fog a mirror and point their tank gun at red tanks and click the LMB occasionally can. I am not sure most of the 'players' are even sentient any more.

6,715 battles fought,
4,382 in one of three tanks:
TOG (2,986)
Matilda BP (730, out of 867 total medium)
Valentine (666)

And a 46.5% winrate, of course. I get the novelty of the TOG, but what possessed him to play the MBP that much? He has the Church III and T14 as well, so it's not like he's lacking for forgiving premiums. Or training a crew, his other mediums are the British tier I and the US M7. Wow. Your last point is well taken.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 9, 2015

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I've been meddling around in this game again, against my better judgement and decided to go down the new Brit TD line.

I wish the Challenger didn't use to the same gun as the Achilles... I mean, I still do enough damage to maim most tank it's not as instantly gratifying as playing my SU-152 with the 122, or the T25/2 with the 90 mm (also just being a generally lovely tank all around). I'm use to the guns on the Brits, but I'm really anxious to get into the Charioteer.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hammerstein posted:

It's really satisfying if you manage to take out their steering and engine so they blow a repair and are helpless while you continue to pound them while they are beached. Doubly so if you or your allies can poo poo on them with torps while beached.

On the occasion when I am that shitlord who gets beached I like to say "Lookout spotted a luau here so I decided for some shore action."

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
http://civil.wotmanager.com/

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress is this bullshit? I wanted to think it was a joke but..

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

PLSGO are generally a bunch of tedious retards but I'll give them credit for that clan logo.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

McGavin posted:

FV304 and SU-85 are the best non-premium tanks for making money. They have the highest net income per game as shown here.

This is a general statistic, which also basically defines which tanks people can do the best in/easiest.

Other people may have a very, very different set of tanks which are profitable. My gold tanks such as the free excelsior make a lot more money on average for me (see 20k/battle net on average).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

demonR6 posted:

What the gently caress is this bullshit? I wanted to think it was a joke but..

Well some people at WG are smart enough to see that the community is really looking forward to this and they are throwing in some incentive:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Hypnotik is a chill dude. I miss hanging out with him.

He's also why Detroit was Ruinberg on Fire.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

xthetenth posted:

Hypnotik is a chill dude. I miss hanging out with him.

He's also why Detroit was Ruinberg on Fire.

Ya he is, when I didn't get my press account for the invitational he personally took care of it and got it solved in like 30 minutes. He seems to do a great job at what he does. Hope WG sees this as a great opportunity to do more fun little events on the CW map.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

http://civil.wotmanager.com/

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

I don't know what that is but I got so burned out after the wz111 grind I haven't really played and certainly haven't paid attention to cw's since december.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DonkeyHotay posted:

I don't know what that is but I got so burned out after the wz111 grind I haven't really played and certainly haven't paid attention to cw's since december.

Agreed, anyone want to post a quick summery of what all these clan wars goings ons are all about?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Agreed, anyone want to post a quick summery of what all these clan wars goings ons are all about?

DonkeyHotay posted:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/420065-cw-civil-war-registration-closed-team-selection-9pm-sunday-on-selas-twitch/

Basically, most of the top clans wanted to do something fun and interesting. So they started a "Civil War". Otter and G decided they did not want to lead at all, so two clans were voted as the captains of the North and South. They also held a draft so the war would not be super one sided.

This is the result of the draft:

Skill wise it is pretty drat even:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 9, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

DonkeyHotay posted:

The really cool part is that the WZ-111 is a piece of poo poo.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

notwithoutmyanus posted:

This is a general statistic, which also basically defines which tanks people can do the best in/easiest.

Other people may have a very, very different set of tanks which are profitable. My gold tanks such as the free excelsior make a lot more money on average for me (see 20k/battle net on average).

Did you even read my post? The link shows average net income for non-premium tanks, which is a way of measuring which tanks are the most profitable to run for the average player.

Of course premium tanks make more money, which is why I specifically stated that those are the best non-premium tanks to play if you want to make money. :hurr:

Also, the Excelsior isn't free. It costs around $10 US.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It probably should be mentioned that the further away from average skill you are the more your list is likely to skew towards tanks that have high earnings per damage rather than low repair costs and high participation rewards.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Of course, but I said come in! said he was a "super scrub" so I figured he wanted to know which tanks were the most profitable for scrubs.

Edit: Earnings per damage could be a useful statistic. I'm going to suggest it to the vBAddict guys.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 9, 2015

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

WayAbvPar posted:

The really cool part is that the WZ-111 is a piece of poo poo.

I've only played 60 games in it but it I have an 86% w/r and 2100 dpg. It's good dood.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Fun. We picked up all the relic shitters.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Saint Celestine posted:

Would you rather have relic or chai?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

I gotta admit -G- seem at a major disadvantage. That is a lot of clans who just don't perform well.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

I gotta admit -G- seem at a major disadvantage. That is a lot of clans who just don't perform well.

Even though G and OTTER are not the leaders, I have a feeling our callers are going to be coaching a few of these clans. Luckily in Otter we have people who speak Russian and Chinese, so we can at least communicate to more than just the translators in RUS and CHAI.

I really don't think G is at a disadvantage, REL 2 has a surprisingly strong showing, RELIC is good when they want to be however, PBKAC is terrible due to goons. Claws has one good caller. I really don't know much about ESPRT and BOLD.

On an unrelated note, what happened to BADGER?

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 9, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

PBKAC.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Has something changed significantly since I left, or were there really so few participants that someone was stuck picking DICE?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

James Garfield posted:

Has something changed significantly since I left, or were there really so few participants that someone was stuck picking DICE?

I am not sure, but some people got their panties in a knot over dice and bold getting in. In the end, it is mostly all for "fun".

And gold, and a free ticket into the invitational.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
hmm, for some reason i was under the impression that the grosstraktor was terrible. im wrong. its very very good. essentially a turreted paper-hetzer with excellent mobility

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

disappointment dot jaypeg

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

DonkeyHotay posted:

disappointment dot jaypeg

Did you run out of ammo in the Luchs?!

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Did you run out of ammo in the Luchs?!

No, in fact i didn't even shoot any of my gold ammo that round.

It came down to me and an afk(?) kv-1 vs a 400 hp t29 so with 30ish seconds left i tried to drive by him but it didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

DonkeyHotay posted:

No, in fact i didn't even shoot any of my gold ammo that round.

It came down to me and an afk(?) kv-1 vs a 400 hp t29 so with 30ish seconds left i tried to drive by him but it didn't work.

Well at least that T29 successfully avoided dying, gotta pad that survival rate.