Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

It would help to understand him if you went to his museum. I went because I was on a road trip in the area and its really, really impressive. They give people tips on how to argue for creationism and I'm pretty sure I have a couple pictures of the museum itself as well as a kid's book I bought from their gift shop if anyone's interested.

This sounds soul crushing. I'd love to see it.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

It begins :unsmigghh: Nice to see that Tinsley still has no sense of rhythm or meter.

As always, Gorrell has the laziest, most boring take on the topic.

RAP MUSIC

Finally, Ken Catalino is so lazy that he submitted these comics on back-to-back days.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

colonel_korn posted:

As always, Gorrell has the laziest, most boring take on the topic.

Only one man would dare give Obama the raspberry...

Who is he talking to?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wait has Payne always been correct on immigration?

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Shugojin posted:

I was in rural PA too and it was 10th world, 11th back to America, and 12th was a weird thing that only like ten of us took that was basically "here's a thing, research it using firsthand sources and have a debate which I will judge". It was pretty good though.

Having family from rural PA, I'd agree that it was 10th world.

Wait, no, that's not what you meant

ETA:^^^ Payne has always been a Chamber of Commerce-style Republican, and has always been pro-immigration. Who else would work in the giant bumper factories?

Eschers Basement fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 9, 2015

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Looks like those muppets in the Knesset did it again.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 9, 2015

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Oh my god gently caress you, you batshit insane, racist old man. Measles is being spread by rich white people who think they know better than modern medicine, end of loving story. I hope you die.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

colonel_korn posted:

Finally, Ken Catalino is so lazy that he submitted these comics on back-to-back days.

I'm continually amazed by just how loving incompetent this guy is. He didn't even crop it, looks like he just resized it so Williams becomes an escapee from the Ramirez Dungeons.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Dude got so mad his glasses up and disappeared.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Xander77 posted:

Looks like those muppets in the Knesset did it again.

But they don't look like muppets...

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014

zoux posted:

Wait has Payne always been correct on immigration?

Seems like it. Select immigration comics from his website:

May 18, 2010:

October 31, 2013:

June 12, 2013:

July 9, 2014:

November 21, 2014:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Your support of vaccinations is no match for Ted Rall's, you mortal.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Some Catalino-level artifacting right there.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Despite the brutal horrors of ISIS, and despite the near-universal agreement that something must be done, even if reasonable people can disagree over what exactly that is, we must remember our own humanity at all times and act with greater mercy than our enemies, lest our fight against monsters turn us into monsters ourselves. Nor way me neglect our own shortcomings because others act worse than we do. A Good Cartoon.

quote:

I hate to even respond to a Rall, but realtalk: Has anyone actually advanced this view recently? I know a religious exception was tolerated because the numbers were, as I understand it, low enough to not be a big problem. The anti-vax contingent has suddenly found allies on the right who are literally adhering to our parody "If Obama said breathing good, would they stop breathing because breathing actually bad?", and the pro-not-dying crowd probably only accept exemptions in cases where the vaccine poses a credible health risk, which is pretty damned rare. I don't think I've seen a single person saying anything remotely close to Rall's strawfolks lately.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 9, 2015

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mehuyael posted:

But they don't look like muppets...
They don't look like muppets to you?

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

colonel_korn posted:

I know it's kind of odd to point out that Brian Williams' tie was drawn in MS Paint when the entire cartoon was drawn in MS Paint, but seriously, look at that tie.

Liccar gives us a new view of Goombama.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Obama had to know that mentioning that the Crusades Happened in that context would set off the usual shitstorm. He really is Trollbama now I guess.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm hoping this culminates in Obama then suddenly doubling down on a deep love for Jesus Christ just to watch the Republicans get whiplash

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Obama had to know that mentioning that the Crusades Happened in that context would set off the usual shitstorm. He really is Trollbama now I guess.

I was hoping one of the less farcical GOP hopefuls would try to argue that the Crusades were a good thing and how dare Obama insult those Christian heroes.

There's still time, I suppose.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Unlike a lot of conservative shitheels, Payne knows perfectly well where his paychecks come from. If the Michigan GOP busts all the unions, then companies need cheap immigrant labor.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
More slated rural PA school history experiences reporting in!

9th Grade - US history to around the Civil War
10th Grade - US histroy to almost the modern day
11th grade - world history
12th grade - mostly the US political system

I took a 1/2 year elective on European history that was newly created my senior year and another 1/2 year elective that was on modern world issues (we couldn't afford textbooks for those classes, but our teacher did manage to swing what I suspect were highly subsidized Newsweek subscriptions for the modern world issues class).

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Monkey Fracas posted:

His full quote was about how Christianity has been used as an excuse for terrible acts in the past then brought up the crusades and inquisitions but also slavery and Jim Crow. Which makes all the complaints of "but the crusades happened such a long time ago! Why can't he bring up any more recent examples of Christians being bad?" extra hilarious.

Oh God, they were right about HARRP! :tinfoil:

This can't be a real quote. It's like Sarah Palin level word salad that conveys nothing.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

Philadelphia, Pa. (CBS DC/AP) – Vice President Joe Biden told Democrats Friday that the past six years have been “really, really hard” for the country and the Democratic Party.
Speaking at the House Democratic Caucus retreat in Philadelphia Friday morning, Biden stressed that “really tough decisions” have faced both Democrats and the country as a whole.
“To state the obvious, the past six years have been really, really hard for this country,” said Biden.
“And they’ve been really tough for our party. Just ask [former DCCC chair] Steve [Israel],” continued Biden. “They’ve been really tough for our party. But together – and together — we made some really, really tough decisions — decisions that weren’t at all popular, hard to explain.”

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

beepsandboops posted:

Rall would screw up depicting Peril-sensitive glasses and how they work.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

This can't be a real quote. It's like Sarah Palin level word salad that conveys nothing.

Why is there a net that starts on the mast, goes to Obama's head and disappears, and continues again past Biden's head to the gunwale?

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe
I suppose I grew up in lefty-liberal central (Wealthy suburb with good schools in Eastern MA), but for us (as I recall it from middle school onwards) it was:

6th: Ancient history: i.e. paleolithic stuff, Egypt, Indus River Valley, China
7th: Geography, really tedious class
8th: US up to 1875
9th: More ancient civ. type stuff., I don't even remember. Except that one time I forgot that Homo Erectus (which we'd been taught about in 6th grade) was a thing and laughing for like two minutes in the middle of a group discussion.
10th: AP World History, spending actually comparatively little time on Europe, a lot of the class for the first few weeks was spent talking about Eurocentrism.
11th: AP US history. We spent a lot of time on labor, but not so much on the Civil Rights movement, but I think that might have just been poor planning on the part of the teacher (AP exams were coming up, and he wanted to do a weekish of review), the second half of the 20th century was really rushed.
12th: A whole bunch of electives for History and English, everyone was supposed to take one of each a semester. I took political philosophy, which was definitely Eurocentric, and American Pop Culture of the 20th century, which was the easiest class in my life.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

alnilam posted:

Why is there a net that starts on the mast, goes to Obama's head and disappears, and continues again past Biden's head to the gunwale?

Those are cobwebs. A Sea Spider Cartoon.

Count Canuckula fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 9, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

"God, this having my taxes looked into and healthcare for the poor are like torture. Not actual torture though, because I support that."

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Oh my god gently caress you, you batshit insane, racist old man. Measles is being spread by rich white people who think they know better than modern medicine, end of loving story. I hope you die.

It's impressive because he isn't blaming illegal immigrants, he's blaming people from the US who speak Spanish. Gotta get that racism flowing and going.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I was hoping one of the less farcical GOP hopefuls would try to argue that the Crusades were a good thing and how dare Obama insult those Christian heroes.

There's still time, I suppose.

Pretty sure I saw someone doing that somewhere. It was along the lines of "well it was justified because those drat muslims stole our holy land!" I can't remember if it was a political cartoon or like, a youtube comment, not that there's much difference at this point.

EDIT: You meant presidential candidates, not cartoonists. I am not good at reading today.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Pretty sure I saw someone doing that somewhere. It was along the lines of "well it was justified because those drat muslims stole our holy land!" I can't remember if it was a political cartoon or like, a youtube comment, not that there's much difference at this point.

EDIT: You meant presidential candidates, not cartoonists. I am not good at reading today.

Yeah that sort of thing is common among freepers and the like, I was hoping someone who'd (hopefully) suffer actual backlash for it would say it.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The Crusades were justified wars of defense from the European side. Now let me tell you why the American Civil War should be called the War of Northern Aggression.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Qwazes posted:

I suppose I grew up in lefty-liberal central (Wealthy suburb with good schools in Eastern MA), but for us (as I recall it from middle school onwards) it was:

6th: Ancient history: i.e. paleolithic stuff, Egypt, Indus River Valley, China
7th: Geography, really tedious class
8th: US up to 1875
9th: More ancient civ. type stuff., I don't even remember. Except that one time I forgot that Homo Erectus (which we'd been taught about in 6th grade) was a thing and laughing for like two minutes in the middle of a group discussion.
10th: AP World History, spending actually comparatively little time on Europe, a lot of the class for the first few weeks was spent talking about Eurocentrism.
11th: AP US history. We spent a lot of time on labor, but not so much on the Civil Rights movement, but I think that might have just been poor planning on the part of the teacher (AP exams were coming up, and he wanted to do a weekish of review), the second half of the 20th century was really rushed.
12th: A whole bunch of electives for History and English, everyone was supposed to take one of each a semester. I took political philosophy, which was definitely Eurocentric, and American Pop Culture of the 20th century, which was the easiest class in my life.

Southwestern Connecticut was really similar. Exactly the same stuff up to 9th grade. 10th was 20th century US history. We weren't offered AP World History but in 11th and 12th you could take AP US history or AP European history, but at least you knew what you were getting. We also had a civics course in 10th grade iirc.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It's almost like if you suggest that Islam isn't an evil religion hell-bent on taking over the world you get widely criticized for it!

Never Forget! :911:

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

vyelkin posted:

Widely seen as a tax dodge because he explicitly said it was a tax dodge.

Ha, you're right, I forgot he was so blatant.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

ratbert90 posted:

This?

I think it's a joke. :shh:

Yeah, I've seen it captioned with "gently caress your sins, I'm getting the hell out of here".

e: whoops hi other pages

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 9, 2015

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Southwestern Connecticut was really similar. Exactly the same stuff up to 9th grade. 10th was 20th century US history. We weren't offered AP World History but in 11th and 12th you could take AP US history or AP European history, but at least you knew what you were getting. We also had a civics course in 10th grade iirc.

SW CT bro bump! Oxford yo!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Good to see this profoundly racist talking point is taking root among the rank-and-file

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

beepsandboops posted:

I'm starting to suspect Ted Rall is doing this for attention or to annoy people or something. First that comic where the prima and secunda accidentally switch which side of the argument they're on in the second panel onwards, and now someone's glasses just totally vanishing in the last panel? I know he's a bad artist but how can you miss stuff like this?

Ralepozozaxe posted:

It's impressive because he isn't blaming illegal immigrants, he's blaming people from the US who speak Spanish. Gotta get that racism flowing and going.

You're supposed to assume he's lying. "He speaks Spanish, and he has measles, clearly he's lying about no measles AND lying about being from the US!"

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 9, 2015

• Locked thread