Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

I own a disc copy of Captain Toad and the code is inside the cover, behind the disc.

Was talking about his DK Tropical Freeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know if anyone cares, but the Renegade Kid guy put out a little sales graph that shows Mutant Mudds as way more successful than all their other games, no big surprise there:

pnumoman posted:

Anyone know how long these things last? Getting some best buy gift cards tomorrow, so hopefully it'll still be on sale then.

No idea, sorry. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/s...6mBOkf0KuLFsPJQ

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

greatn posted:

Yeah it wouldn't have it on the inside cover, it came out before they started doing that. You got gypped.

That stinks. Oh well. Game is tough as balls so it would've just been something to rip up after losing like 30 lives on a level again. :(

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

pnumoman posted:

Anyone know how long these things last? Getting some best buy gift cards tomorrow, so hopefully it'll still be on sale then.

Figured it out, it's a week long deal since it's listed on the weekly deal flyer. Feb. 8 - 14th.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ah man, that messenger bag looks sweet but I only have 610 coins. Guess I'll just pick up a couple of games then, Earthbound and Yoshi's Island are the obvious choices I think, I can probably squeeze out another 40 coins and pick up Zelda II and maybe actually beat it this time.

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

greatn posted:

I'm still gonna say it's in there and he just isn't looking right.

Bought the game from Amazon, not GameStop.

I have Hyrule Warriors and the CN stuff is behind where the disk would be, this one is blank. I pulled the whole paper out thinking it was moved or something, but nothing. I can take a picture if you like.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't know if anyone cares, but the Renegade Kid guy put out a little sales graph that shows Mutant Mudds as way more successful than all their other games, no big surprise there:

They were really lucky with the timing of the game, it came out early when there were very few good games coming out for the 3DS and we were desperate for anything that looked decent. I don't think the game would have done that well if it came out today, and I think they may be a bit disappointed when the sequel comes out.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I didn't care for Mutant Mudds at all, and it's deterred me from trying anything else they make unless I hear rave reviews.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of February 12):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Blek - €5.49 / £?
    Red Riding Hood - €0.90 / £?
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    99Moves (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    99Seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones - €9.99 / £9.49 or €8.99 / £7.99 if you own another Curve Digital game until February 19
    Lone Survivor: Director's Cut - €8.99 / £7.49 or €7.49 / £6.49 if you own another Curve Digital game until February 19
    The Swapper - €10.99 / £8.99 or €9.49 / £7.49 if you own another Curve Digital game until February 19
    Thomas Was Alone - €5.99 / £4.99 or €4.99 / £4.49 if you own another Curve Digital game until February 19

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - €39.99 / £39.99 (February 13)
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - €39.99 / £39.99 (February 13)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ - €9.99 / £8.99 (February 13)
    Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (update, February 10)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Ironfall: Invasion - €? / £?
    3D Fantasy Zone - €4.99 / £4.49
    Kirby Fighters Deluxe - €? / £? (February 13)
    Dedede Drum Dash Deluxe - €? / £? (February 13)
    Space Lift Danger Panic! - €2.49 / £?
    Undead Storm Nightmare - €4.99 / £?
    Best of Arcade Games: Air Hockey - €9.99 / £?
    Nintendo Anime Channel (video on demand app)
3DS MENU THEMES (February 13)
    Majora's Mask #1 - €? / £?
    Majora's Mask #2 - €? / £?
    Monster Hunter 4 #1 - €? / £?
    Monster Hunter 4 #1 - €? / £?
    Ace Combat 3-Pack - free with the digital version of Ace Combat until March 12
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.80 until February 8
    Dress to Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 8
    Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 8

NOE's PR is weird this week thanks to the impending launch of the New 3DS, so lots of games don't have prices listed or weren't mentioned at all, and no mention of sales or anything Wii U. I'll come back and fill in the rest later.

The digital versions of Zelda/Monhun will come with free themes, too, but they didn't specify which or for how long.

Ironfall Invasion is that one Gears of War-looking game from the Euro demoscene dudes. It's pretty and has six-player online and all sorts of junk but will it be fun?

3D Fantasy Zone has all the usual bells and whistles you'd expect from a Sega 3D Classics release; the biggest new addition is Upa-Upa Mode, which lets you play as a different ship with its own mechanics and a unique story.

The two Kirby eShop games are expanded versions of the minigames from Kirby Triple Deluxe, and you can unlock additional extra content in the eShop versions if you own the retail game.

Theme pics: Zelda - Monster Hunter - Ace Combat

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Feb 9, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe the price is a mistake or something but fyi you can get that Blek thing on iOS/Android for like £0.79

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

The digital versions of Zelda/Monhun will come with free themes, too, but they didn't specify which or for how long.

I wonder if that will apply to the copy of MM that comes pre-installed on the limited edition New 3DS.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Dunban posted:

I wonder if that will apply to the copy of MM that comes pre-installed on the limited edition New 3DS.

Are they giving away a digital copy of Majora's Mask 3D with purchase of the "New 3DS"? I hadn't heard about that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In Europe. The american version is just the console.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Eshop cards are 10% off at Best Buy right now.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
edit: codes have been claimed!

BisterdDave fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 9, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I bought Persona Q brand-new and I didn't get a code with it. Does anyone have a forty coin code they haven't used? I don't want to do the sketchy poo poo and get banned, and just one more would get me Gold with the post play surveys. I'd really appreciate it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Justin_Brett/ since I'm a poor gently caress without PMs.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Justin_Brett posted:

I bought Persona Q brand-new and I didn't get a code with it. Does anyone have a forty coin code they haven't used? I don't want to do the sketchy poo poo and get banned, and just one more would get me Gold with the post play surveys. I'd really appreciate it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Justin_Brett/ since I'm a poor gently caress without PMs.

Download the free games, if you haven't. You can net up to 75 coins depending on if you also have a Wii U.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't. Plus I also missed out on getting the post play ones for Rusty and the Submarine game.

...hm, I think if I do the post play for all the games I registered, that'll be enough for gold. False alarm I guess.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 10, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL dudes, it sounds like this week's Wii U VC games will be Mappy Land and Blaster Master.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Want more Castlevania.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I've heard so may good things about Kid Icarus Uprising that I wish that I had the coins for it, but I want Star Fox 3D even more and I don't have enough coins for both. I was going to pick up Majora's Mask 3D this Friday, but I don't know if that will come with any coins, and even if I scrounge the free games I won't quite make it.

It's probably a good thing that they didn't make Coins tradable; the flurry of activity would probably nuke PayPal.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Did they stop giving coins for downloaded stuff? I tried Zen Pinball a few days ago but nothing shows up. Also didn't get coins for any of the games I got from the promotion.

I'm at 695 so I just need... anything to go through so I can get Starfox or something.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sakurazuka posted:

Want more Castlevania.

They really need to put Order of Ecclesia on the eShop. It was my favorite handheld Castlevania.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

kater posted:

Did they stop giving coins for downloaded stuff? I tried Zen Pinball a few days ago but nothing shows up. Also didn't get coins for any of the games I got from the promotion.

I'm at 695 so I just need... anything to go through so I can get Starfox or something.

Have you downloaded Pokemon Bank yet? That will give a 5 coin survey right away.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's part 1 of the Sega/M2 3D Fantasy Zone interview:

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/02/09/sega-3d-classics-%E2%80%93-3d-fantasy-zone-opa-opa-brothers-%E2%80%93-developer-interview-part-1/

They mostly discuss the technical aspects of the 3D conversion; part 2 of the interview concerns the new Upa-Upa mode.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Suspicious Cook posted:

They really need to put Order of Ecclesia on the eShop. It was my favorite handheld Castlevania.

I just bought that on cart because I had really enjoyed Portrait of Ruin. They don't have any of the DS-era Castlevania games (Portrait of Ruin, Dawn of Sorrow, Order of Ecclesia) on any Virtual Console that I know of, but I think that OoE is still in active production and you can get it for a decent price. Uprising and Star Fox 3D are out of print and pricey, so I feel more compelled to get them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

kater posted:

You only get a post-play survey for Zen Pinball, so it'll take a week to show up.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

JustJeff88 posted:

It's probably a good thing that they didn't make Coins tradable; the flurry of activity would probably nuke PayPal.

You can sell the download codes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Protect Me Knight 2's international localisation is finally underway, it seems. Here's the English logo:

Here's a preview of the soundtrack, which is getting an official release at Tokyo Game Show in a week or so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CjdwwMOJj0

The composers are Yuzo Koshiro, Hiroshi Kawaguchi, Hisayoshi Ogura, Shinji Hosoe and Motoaki Furukawa.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Smash 3DS update is live, here are the patch notes:

Information:
As of February 9, 2015, new update data for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has been made available for download in the Nintendo eShop. Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software's online multiplayer features. Because of this, we strongly recommend that all Super Smash Bros. players download and install this update data.

Update Details:
This update also includes the previous game updates.

Share mode has been added.
Users will be able to post photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well.
*Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.
*Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
*It may take some time to receive the data
*Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
Users will be able to post photos to Miiverse from within the game
*Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Community
amiibo functionality has been added to New Nintendo 3DS XL
Users can tap their amiibo figure to the touchscreen to transform them into “figure players (FP)” to battle, train, and level-up their FP.
*FPs that were trained in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U can be used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
*Nintendo 3DS/XL systems will be compatible with amiibo functionality using a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015 and the software update that will follow.
In order to let you play the game more comfortably, we have also fixed some issues.
Please note: Once users install the update data (Ver. 1.0.5), they will no longer be able to play local multiplayer with users without the update installed. Additionally, any replay data that was saved prior to the update will no longer be playable.
Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software's online multiplayer features.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The Smash 3DS update is live, here are the patch notes:

Information:
As of February 9, 2015, new update data for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has been made available for download in the Nintendo eShop. Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software's online multiplayer features. Because of this, we strongly recommend that all Super Smash Bros. players download and install this update data.

Update Details:
This update also includes the previous game updates.

Share mode has been added.
Users will be able to post photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well.
*Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.
*Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
*It may take some time to receive the data
*Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
Users will be able to post photos to Miiverse from within the game
*Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Community
amiibo functionality has been added to New Nintendo 3DS XL
Users can tap their amiibo figure to the touchscreen to transform them into “figure players (FP)” to battle, train, and level-up their FP.
*FPs that were trained in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U can be used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
*Nintendo 3DS/XL systems will be compatible with amiibo functionality using a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015 and the software update that will follow.
In order to let you play the game more comfortably, we have also fixed some issues.
Please note: Once users install the update data (Ver. 1.0.5), they will no longer be able to play local multiplayer with users without the update installed. Additionally, any replay data that was saved prior to the update will no longer be playable.
Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software's online multiplayer features.

So looks like some character changes were made for this one.

Also, is this worldwide or just EU? (I saw something on another gaming news site that indicated that the patch was just for Europe at first)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Good news, Wii U dudes: Sega is finally supporting the Wii U VC, with GBA games!

Sonic Advance, out in Japan next week (February 18):
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/pb8j/index.html

EDIT: Rockman & Forte, too. Can you guess which version?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/pbtj/index.html

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 10, 2015

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Hopefully Sonic Advance comes out in other regions soon. Very solid game and one of the best post-Genesis 2D Sonics made. I can't wait.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
I caught myself looking up Sega's GBA library, and I didn't realize how weird it was. I knew about the THQ deal, but I didn't know a bunch of it was never released in Japan (JSR, SC5, Super Monkey Ball, Crazy Taxi), and Treasure had to licence Guardian Heroes from Sega in order to make Advance Guardian Heroes. I guess Sega was in a weird position back then, but still.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Super Monkey Ball Jr. was a pretty good conversion, all things considered.

They really bit off more than they could chew with Crazy Taxi, however:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoNrBbAphMY

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I recall that somehow the monkey ball games on ipad and ds were poo poo however. Where you would think they should have been one of the best versions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Good god is that ugly.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Junkie Disease posted:

I recall that somehow the monkey ball games on ipad and ds were poo poo however. Where you would think they should have been one of the best versions.

The second iPhone Monkey Ball was actually pretty alright, but "pretty alright" is like the maximum quality bar for motion controlled/post-Super Monkey Ball 2 Super Monkey Ball

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 10, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hey, Sonic Battle was the best Sonic game since 3&K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiQOJMRsfFs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, I heard that Flipnote 3D just went up on Club Nintendo, anyone wanna confirm/deny?

NOE put out some new info on Ironfall: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS-download-software/IRONFALL-Invasion-955145.html#How_to_Buy

tl;dr: the base version (1 single-player level, 1 multiplayer level, limited characters/guns) is free, the single-player campaign and the full multiplayer suite cost £8.88 / €9.99 each.

60FPS trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTFvI1nSZ3s

Dev interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxmpk75M7Bs