Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Hobo Siege posted:

Did they ever fix the last 15 levels being a FATE grind? I really enjoyed playing this until the quests dried up.

They added daily dungeon roulettes and a challenge log both of which give a pretty drat good amount of exp and removing the need to FATE grind (for leveling).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Hobo Siege posted:

Did they ever fix the last 15 levels being a FATE grind? I really enjoyed playing this until the quests dried up.

Yes. You can now grind Dzemael Darkhold. Please look forward to it.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I ran dungeons and leaves which are better experience than they were at launch too. While 45-50 is definitely the roughest patch I think that the grind is overblown for anything but DDs, but doing all the challenge and hunt logs with leaves only had me really dealing with one or two levels of the last 10 that I felt a need to find something to do.

It should be noted there's more story content post 50 than prior to it now.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I had reached level 50 on my first class right around the time as 2.1. I never once had to fate grind to hit 50 and it kind of amazes me that anyone had to for their first 50.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Mordiceius posted:

I had reached level 50 on my first class right around the time as 2.1. I never once had to fate grind to hit 50 and it kind of amazes me that anyone had to for their first 50.

When the game came out you had to FATE grind starting in your low to mid 30s, I remember having to grind out a ton of FATEs in Coerthas to level up, I ran out of quests all over the place.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Early 40s to 50 was the magic period for FATE grinding because there were tons of groups going in N. Thanalan and Dark Devices was amazing for XP.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

god please just put the loving ADS mount in the cash shop, i can't do another 8v8v8 frontlines

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rei_ posted:

god please just put the loving ADS mount in the cash shop, i can't do another 8v8v8 frontlines

One party per side Frontline is terrible. Fast, but terrible.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hobo Siege posted:

its a lot better now than at launch. A lot, lot better.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Rei_ posted:

I too would pay :10bux:

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.
same

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

goldjas posted:

When the game came out you had to FATE grind starting in your low to mid 30s, I remember having to grind out a ton of FATEs in Coerthas to level up, I ran out of quests all over the place.

Well, when did the challenge log come out? I hit 50 a while before that came out.

Like I said, I never went around fate grinding for my first 50. I ran every dungeon while leveling (at least once, some a few times) and I did every main and side quest. I also completed my hunting log when leveling. When running around, I would do any fates I came across when running around to objectives, but I never sat around fate grinding.

I guess it also helped that while I was leveling, it was spread over quite a few weeks due to me being busy with school and other responsibilities, so I occasionally had a small chunk of rested XP.

Nonetheless, especially now, I don't see why anyone would fate grind while leveling their first 50.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

dreffen posted:

Early 40s to 50 was the magic period for FATE grinding because there were tons of groups going in N. Thanalan and Dark Devices was amazing for XP.

Dark devices part 1 was amazing because as long as you didn't kill the dudes in the back you could chain what seemed like hundreds of dudes standing on top of the house. You could just watch your exp tick up.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Rei_ posted:

i can't do another 8v8v8 frontlines

8v8v8 is the only frontlines that is actually fun

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Doublestep posted:

Im fine with tomestones but fucks sake get rid of the weathering system coil1 was fine wrt loot.

If you are going to keep weathering mechanics in either leave them coil only or give it to some other bullshit gameplay no one does like pvp to give them more bodies

Hunts are poopoo

Bring back primal focus for the last 3 EM primals and have it award a twine IMO.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Hunts are terrible.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Emalde posted:

8v8v8 is the only frontlines that is actually fun

8v8v8 Slaughter is fantastic and probably my favorite XIV pvp. 8v8v8 Secure is worse than Satan.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dark devices part 1 was amazing because as long as you didn't kill the dudes in the back you could chain what seemed like hundreds of dudes standing on top of the house. You could just watch your exp tick up.

God I miss it. You really did need to do something, because story quests were so few and far between between 41-50.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
the caster lb needs to scale back damage or something when it's 72v72 it reigns if used correctly.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Draynar posted:

the caster lb needs to scale back damage or something when it's 72v72 it reigns if used correctly.

well timed bard/healer/tank lbs own the gently caress out of cometeor

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Niton posted:

8v8v8 Slaughter is fantastic and probably my favorite XIV pvp. 8v8v8 Secure is worse than Satan.

8v8v8 secure is like...where do i go...WHAT DO I DO. WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE. HOW COME THIS SCHOLAR WON'T DIE

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Verranicus posted:

Hunts are terrible.

They really are. I actually didn't mind them when they first came out and it was all nicely run with the TS. Now it's a giant mess of pulling early and even being in the TS and on the LS doesn't get you there fast enough 50% of the time. With twine costing 3,000 seals it's just not anywhere near worth anyone's time.

I'm sure they'll add twine to the CT weekly soon enough, then at some point it'll open up like oils/sands did.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
People have given up on hunts making it easier to hunt. The system works.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
As we approach 3.0 SE is just going to dump twines and coats on us because they want everyone to be i130 on their main, and probably an alt job or two as well.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mr. Nice! posted:

People have given up on hunts making it easier to hunt. The system works.

Someone who hasn't actually tried hunting.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I'm busy levelling up my alt jobs, but the few times I tried going to a hunt when it got shouted my experience has been Teleporting in, someone yelling the hunts been pulled early and then a bunch of people yell at each other and complain about people being dickbags.

So hunts working as intended I guess. By the time I get my last job to 50, golden saucer will be out so gently caress hunts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eej posted:

Someone who hasn't actually tried hunting.

Today I randomly grabbed three A ranks and there was only a couple dozen people there. I invited everyone who shouted for Mayberry and only had a 5 person party. We got full credit.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

bonewitch posted:

As we approach 3.0 SE is just going to dump twines and coats on us because they want everyone to be i130 on their main, and probably an alt job or two as well.

if it makes WOD go faster if everyone has an i130 weapon I'll hand out the drat things myself

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Today I randomly grabbed three A ranks and there was only a couple dozen people there. I invited everyone who shouted for Mayberry and only had a 5 person party. We got full credit.

Friday-Sunday has been an awful hellhole of hunting especially with the S ranks dying before you can even run out to get there when they broadcast on Guildwork.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Mahees was just up for a good few minutes. Weekend hunts are almost always going to be stupid just like most weekend content is stupid.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Freak Futanari posted:

Being a roe is only good if you're a femroe, IMO

wrong

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Also I meant to post here a few weeks ago but sorry to all the peeps on Exodus in <ZEON> for up and bouncing a few weeks ago but literally all my close friends started playing on Behemoth so I had to transfer

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
I just spent about 850,000 gil having a full set of augmented cashmere healing gear crafted for me to glamour

I regret nothing :getin:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Pikachu posted:

I just spent about 850,000 gil having a full set of augmented cashmere healing gear crafted for me to glamour

I regret nothing :getin:

What does that set look like?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Dyable battlemage set with ~glowz~ on the body piece basically.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pushing Phoenix into P3 right as the fifth bennu spawns and your bard has blue fire is an insanely bad feel.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
Redfire despawns when he pushes, so don't bother picking up blue if he's close, just kite it until he's over.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

My friend what plays a lala named Lulubei Lubei apparently ran into Rei_ at a random Ifrit HM! I've decided to give a holla apropos of nothing.

Hello, Rei_!

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Mordiceius posted:

What does that set look like?

It's really hard to grab a picture of the glowy bits, but I tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ilifinicus posted:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201502/06070272.html

* Airships can be bought at an extravagant price, or your Fc can build it bit by bit everyday.

Time to start the gathering of funds from the FCs in advance

From a few days ago, but is there expected to be any gameplay associated with airships or is it going to be just like housing?

Pierson posted:

I'd subscribe for a million years if the casual raids were just previous FF final dungeons and their gearsets. Do a Caverns of Time-style thing so you can just shove them all in and wave it away with 'alternate dimensions/timelines'. I want Northern Crater, Pandemonium, Ultimecia's Castle, all that good poo poo and gently caress 'lore'.

Still digging up old poo poo, but the FFI final dungeon capped by fighting Chaos would make me very happy

Shaezerus posted:

I made a macro that screams "DRAGOON DETECTED!" in party/alliance chat whenever I see one die to stupid poo poo like Landslide or Mortal Gaze, and the salt I get for it occasionally is pretty amazing, especially considering I'm usually doing it as a Dragoon.

I am not above using it on myself if it'd be particularly funny

Rip lance whateverthefuck, newbie dragoon

You must have broken your macro key on that one

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I did a run of WoD on Saturday and the party I was in had FOUR BLM's including me.

No caster drop. :negative:

Hilariously, at the very start of the run, one of the other BLM's saw there were 3 others and bailed, only to be replaced 3 seconds later by another BLM.

We kicked a shitbird tank the other day only to see him be our replacement when he requeued in progress. He then immediately dropped.

• Locked thread