Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
The only time I really liked the DX reunion in, like 2009, was at the beginning of that Survivor Series main event where Shawn just superkicks HHH first thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

???

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Everyone who was watching at the time could barely contain our anticipation for the first time the DX theme played in 2006.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

I refuse to believe that shirt was ever worn by anyone.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gatorfade posted:

I refuse to believe that shirt was ever worn by anyone.

I'm not convinced it's real.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Everyone who was watching at the time could barely contain our anticipation for the first time the DX theme played in 2006.

Everyone lost it when HBK did the crotch chop during his match with Vince that Wrestlemania.

I think Hunter did one too in his match

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

That actually makes sense if it was made when WWECW and Smackdown had their "talent exchange" thing back in, I want to say '08-'09 or so.

Still, I can't imagine anyone actually buying it, much less wearing it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Everyone lost it when HBK did the crotch chop during his match with Vince that Wrestlemania.

I think Hunter did one too in his match

he did, and i think triple h hinted at it during the cena/edge/hhh match at backlash that year. the dx reunion was pretty drat cool until it actually happened

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

every shirt jerry has worn on raw ever

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

triplexpac posted:

The DX return was kind of okay at times, when they portrayed them as out of touch old men. Kind of like the Outlaws return.

The problem was that it was the main storyline of the company and took up sooo much time.

Yeah, I even enjoyed their shameless merch shilling and the dumb Hornswaggle parts because it was WINK AT THE CAMERA shameless shilling and HBK was so god drat good at making it work. I fully enjoyed "DX is back but we're old now and even though were still funloving prankster our goofy rebel personas have degraded to the point that we are basically goofy grandpas grabbing nurses at the rest home."

If they hadn't had an extremely serious feud with a small army of male cheerleaders as the centerpiece storyline of an entire brand and were just a midcard act it probably would be very fondly remembered.

Also HBK the Fry Cook owned and the way the later reunion played into the Undertaker Rematch was nice.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Dude is missing out on money by not making "Step Up to Punchy" and "Wonton and Beef Stew" shirts

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The DX reunion was awesome when it played off Shawn being super religious. So HHH would be hanging out with a bunch of chicks who were all flashing him, and Shawn would have to cover his eyes and act all "aw shucks."

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

The DX reunion was awesome when it played off Shawn being super religious. So HHH would be hanging out with a bunch of chicks who were all flashing him, and Shawn would have to cover his eyes and act all "aw shucks."

"hey look, it's mr. fuji!"
"where? i love mr fuji!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I also liked 'clueless old man Shawn'

"I JUST KICKED STAN!"

And that one Survivor Series match with DX, the Hardys and Punk, where he had to ask Hunter who the guy he eliminated was.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I also liked 'clueless old man Shawn'

"I JUST KICKED STAN!"

And that one Survivor Series match with DX, the Hardys and Punk, where he had to ask Hunter who the guy he eliminated was.

That whole backstage Stan skit is literally the only thing I've ever seen 'newer' DX do when someone linked the video here and it was pretty funny so I'm going to just assume all the rest of it was garbage and hold on to that one memory

Edit: The stuff posted above seems funny too so maybe it wasn't all bad but it seems like it should have been bad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That whole backstage Stan skit is literally the only thing I've ever seen 'newer' DX do when someone linked the video here and it was pretty funny so I'm going to just assume all the rest of it was garbage and hold on to that one memory

Edit: The stuff posted above seems funny too so maybe it wasn't all bad but it seems like it should have been bad

That SS match is worth looking up on the Network, if only for the reaction Punk got. Like, to the point that Hunter called an audible and let him do the Michael Buffer routine.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I recall a great bit where DX were hawking a EC playset and HBK goes on a rant about how after you help your kid put it together, they just wanna play with the box.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I recall a great bit where DX were hawking a EC playset and HBK goes on a rant about how after you help your kid put it together, they just wanna play with the box.

It was a very nice box. V:shobon:V

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Haha HBK flipping out about how impossible it was to put together was awesome.

Don't get me wrong, the 5 or so funny segments was not worth the 100 segments of VINCE LOVES COCK and stuff.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

triplexpac posted:

Don't get me wrong, the 5 or so funny segments was not worth the 100 segments of VINCE LOVES COCK and stuff.
Stuff such as the glorious debut of Big Dick Johnson!

edit: or was that in one of the WWECW segments where Sandman caned random crap gimmicks, I forget

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ric Flair wearing DX shirts was the saddest thing ever.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
Why wrestler shouldn't design their own merch reason 4080
EDIT: poo poo sorry about pic size.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Gatorfade posted:

Why wrestler shouldn't design their own merch reason 4080
EDIT: poo poo sorry about pic size.

I think that's more of a case for "Jeff Hardy shouldn't design anything"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ZDar Fan posted:

I think that's more of a case for "Jeff Hardy shouldn't design anything"

I wonder if Jeff knows his poo poo is bad, but that he also has a devoted fanbase that would buy anything he does.

I mean that's probably not the case, but maybe it's part of it?

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

triplexpac posted:

I wonder if Jeff knows his poo poo is bad, but that he also has a devoted fanbase that would buy anything he does.

I mean that's probably not the case, but maybe it's part of it?

Guarantee you this is not the case. Have you seen his painting? That shirt is pure, unadulterated Jeff.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Let's not forget the belt he designed for TNA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DJExile posted:

There were two

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Guarantee you this is not the case. Have you seen his painting? That shirt is pure, unadulterated Jeff.

I'm pretty sure that shirt IS one of his paintings, actually.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DJExile posted:

I love that he carried that belt. Like, "I AM THE CHAMPION OF MY OWN FACE"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oatgan posted:

There were two

holy hell I had forgotten that. I only remembered the purple one

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Jeff Hardy's art is what it would look like if you took a group of first year art school students born in the late 90s and told them to paint what they think the 90s were like.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Jeff Hardy's art is what it would look like if you took a group of first year art school students born in the late 90s and told them to paint what they think the 90s were like.

hahahaha drat

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Everblight posted:

I love that he carried that belt. Like, "I AM THE CHAMPION OF MY OWN FACE"

Now you're reminding me of Matt's ROH belt and I miss it horribly.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Angular Landbury posted:

Now you're reminding me of Matt's ROH belt and I miss it horribly.

Is that the Waffle House one?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Is that the Waffle House one?

The Ring of Honor Icon Title

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!

They should make one with current day Ahmed on the front.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

oatgan posted:

Amazing how that started as a crazy Jay Briscoe version:

and has ended up the Maria version:

It was dumb of them to commission a new belt without having a long-term plan for it but they did a nice job of keeping it relevant for a while, at least.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

oatgan posted:

Man, I forgot how much I loved Matt in ROH.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oatgan posted:

this is loving incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gatorfade posted:

Man, I forgot how much I loved Matt in ROH.

He was such a great heel. I love heels who WANT the crowd to hate them, and do whatever it'll take to piss them off. I'm sick of heels who subtly play up to the crowd, wanting the crowd on their side. Don't try to be "cool", just piss every single motherfucker in the crowd.

• Locked thread