Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

mp5 posted:

Because we both know Patrick was a step up from Kessler and Nicholson

Or did you forget

neither of those names are familiar to me. *looks at his rolodex of video game journalists and becomes depressed at how empty it is, as he failed to keep up to date on the names of grown men who write about the cultural impact of video games in our tumultuous 21st century world*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They should have hired Kesler and Lemon to do their horror game quicklooks and Patrick to eat gross poo poo they get sent in the mail.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont want to hear kesslers voice

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Kessler was funny because he's a weird motherfucker.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

neither of those names are familiar to me. *looks at his rolodex of video game journalists and becomes depressed at how empty it is, as he failed to keep up to date on the names of grown men who write about the cultural impact of video games in our tumultuous 21st century world*

Let me jog your memory with their most defining writing traits then

Matt "three words in every sentence are hyperlinks to giant bomb wiki pages no matter how obscure" Kessler

And Brad "Kotaku/joystiq/Destructoid/the National Enquirer is reporting this thing I am quoting and rephrasing so it sounds like I did some actual work" Nicholson

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Kessler was LEAGUES above klepek. LEAGUES.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Giant bomb plays D&D 5e - http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-unplugged-dungeons-dragons-episode-01/2300-9913/

dan: "Can I just straight up be Waluigi?"

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dan chooses to be a human character because he can identify with humans more than the other races.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Machai posted:

Dan chooses to be a human character because he can identify with humans more than the other races.

drat, that's loving funny.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

drat, that's loving funny.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What wrestler does he name the character after.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ric Flair

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Radish posted:

Ric Flair

lol

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dan's backstory is ridiculous and that of a character higher than 1st level. He is a veteran fighter that got hurt and changed his fighting style to rise through the ranks once again and then he got knighted by defeating some legendary fighter dude.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

dan rolled two 6s, two 10s, and two 14s for his stats

this is gonna be good

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Machai posted:

Dan's backstory is ridiculous and that of a character higher than 1st level. He is a veteran fighter that got hurt and changed his fighting style to rise through the ranks once again and then he got knighted by defeating some legendary fighter dude.

This is Ric Flair. He's just describing Ric Flair's history. He beat a "Man of nature" and took his title. His last name is Horseman. He's been divorced 4 times.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

This is Ric Flair. He's just describing Ric Flair's history. He beat a "Man of nature" and took his title. His last name is Horseman. He's been divorced 4 times.

:vince:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

lol

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Kessler was LEAGUES above klepek. LEAGUES.

Word. For all his apparent "pedigree" as a news hound, he maybe had three actual unique "breaking the story" articles in his entire time at GB. The rest was barely above the level of Brad Nicholson reposting other peoples news bits. That, and long articles about "Why you should play these terrible indie games that will be forgotten next week."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Today I found out that Alex has multiple cats.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Machai posted:

holy crap

lol

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Machai posted:

holy crap

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm watching brad play QL on the UPF and it blows my mind how stupid he is about it despite loving other flavor of the year crap like SC2 and Dota.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And Rorie, as usual, is a sleeper hit genius, FTW.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[The screen shakes wildly as he slowly walks toward a jump pad. Compromisingly:] Eh, I'm not the best out there, but...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

[The screen shakes wildly as he slowly walks toward a jump pad. Compromisingly:] Eh, I'm not the best out there, but...
Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*Brad ends a match with a 19/30 KD* I have played a lot of Quake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A) I watched the Battlefield: Hardline QL which is really sick because Jeff is in a good mood and Dan is there for the ride. And B) the UPF this week is sick because Dan just keeps shooting people in the dick in slow motion while Dan, Rorie and Drew get more upset while Jeff laughs harder and harder.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
If you haven't watched the Raven's Cry quicklook: You need to watch the Raven's Cry quicklook. It might just be my favorite quicklook.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's very funny and deserving of the extremely long run time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alex's Godfried impression is balls to the walls awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

To those whom say Alex Navarro sucks the funny out of every room he's in and is a massive dong, I submit to you... Carefully pulls down a Criterion Collection Blu Ray box from the shelf and opens it. Alex Navarro Doing Gilbert Gottfried!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He does epic pirate voices for like 90 minutes.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.
So he really is Chris Elliot circa-1993

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Alex Navarro is an Epic Depressed Gamer.

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

So he really is Chris Elliot circa-1993

Exactly. Exactly.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

that one dude's girlfriend said he sounds like a goat and finally put words to my feelings.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I guess I don't mind alex that much I just miss Vinny doing quicklooks with other people

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've never actually played a pen and paper rpg before but I can already tell that Brad is the worst kind of person to play one with

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I've never actually played a pen and paper rpg before but I can already tell that Brad is the worst kind of person to play one with

I liked them talking about fun and interesting stuff you can do in d&d for five minutes and then Jeff chimes in with "I DON'T LIKE D&D, NOTHING ABOUT IT APPEALS TO ME."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
That's just Jeff though. Nothing, at all, ever, appeals to him. Except CoD.

He's become one of the "Elder Statesman" of game journalism in a way, and yet the guy is basically still 15 years old in the brain. Everything sucks, nothing is worthy, shutupmom gotta 360 NOSCOPE these whack-rear end chinese fools.