Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

rediscover posted:

soulja boy has a newgrounds profile from like 2005 and in his bio he mentions that he really likes anime and video games

sounds like a good dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

sounds like a good dude

he is a cool guy and makes fun music

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

naw.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

the mc's persona is Arsene Lupin

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The dungeons are going to be randomized. Interest dwindling...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I wasn't too clear on what they meant by some things still being randomly generated. It sounds like plot-important dungeons won't be randomized due to their various gimmicks, but other areas will be. It might be that some floors or areas of each dungeon are randomized, while others are static to accommodate things like chandelier-jumping and stealth.

That seems to preclude the possibility of the dungeons being real-world locations like in the first two Persona games, though. I guess they could be warped real-world locations like in Persona 1, but we'll see.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

no one cares birdbrains

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Please care about JRPG dungeons.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
What jrpg has good dungeons?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Strange Journey, Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga games to name a few.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's fine if dungeons are just hallways because I'm there for the combat usually.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I think a couple of randomized dungeons could be neat. I hope it's not all of them though.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm excited about the random dungeons

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

please

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

yeah. they havent said to what extent though so w/e

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You really wouldn't like even a few?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Eye of Widesauron posted:

You really wouldn't like even a few?

I like random dungeons when they affect the main gameplay for instance in roguelikes where enemy placement and stuff matters, but in a jrpg where 90% of the gameplay is battles that whisk you off to another screen I don't. If the random dungeons include the new stealth elements I'll admit that they could be good.

P4's dungeons are some of the most boring I've ever played, so I just don't want more of that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

really not seeing the downside to random dungeons here

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I like random dungeons when they affect the main gameplay for instance in roguelikes where enemy placement and stuff matters, but in a jrpg where 90% of the gameplay is battles that whisk you off to another screen I don't. If the random dungeons include the new stealth elements I'll admit that they could be good.

P4's dungeons are some of the most boring I've ever played, so I just don't want more of that.

enemy placement matters when you consider the first strike advantages

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Random dungeons are just a test of your love for Chie. Chie does not like little bitches who freeze the gently caress up when they encounter something unexpected.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I like that 90% of the gameplay is battles, and that the 10% contains as little bs as possible and it's just "there may or may not be a chest behind this door".

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just like when dungeons are interesting and I hope P5 has interesting dungeons like my favorite SMT games.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i also prefer handmade dungeons over randomly generated ones but im fine with it either way

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

The trailer is so amazing. Everything is so stylish. The animation is nice and the music sounds great. Really excited about this game.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
Just watched the trailer. Holy. loving. Shitballs. I'm so loving excited for this. Jesus gently caress, I'm shaking right now.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like random dungeons, and I like stealth, but not sure if those 2 mix well. But I'm sure they'll pull it off, whatever they're planning

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I assume stealth will be reserved for the dungeons that aren't randomly generated.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

lesbian baphomet posted:

Its the persona five trailer. they showed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

Harry Potter mustn't go back to the Velvet Room.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it would be cool if enemy encounters were instantly won if you're way overleved for them. like instead of first-striking they just poof into xp/drops.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it would be cool if enemy encounters were instantly won if you're way overleved for them. like instead of first-striking they just poof into xp/drops.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yes, every game should be like Paper Mario.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

this but unironically

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was not being even remotely ironic there.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Evil Eagle posted:

Yes, every game should be like Earthbound

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

that's the one, i was trying to remember the game that did it

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

I was not being even remotely ironic there.
then you and I are allies

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
what about a system where like enemies a certain amount of lvls lower than u are just str8 up removed from the game and there drops are added to some secret shop that sells them or something. ultimate enemies with rare + powerful drops could be made max lvl so you couldnt cheat for their drops or w/e as well.. that would solve : encounter rate against low lvl enemies, grinding for frustrating drops for completionists etc, whateever.. just something i thought of randomly..

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
helo, im some retard on an internet forum and this is how I would design a game even thiough its not my job and i dont have the relevant skills haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I generally don't like them but Persona dungeons are some of the best randomly generated ones so I don't mind. If they continue to improve the random generation then that's great.

• Locked thread