Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Lydia. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What is a bear! :haw:

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice

zVxTeflon posted:

What is a bear! :haw:

I had no idea what might be on either of their flags, but I do know the Alaska quarter has a bear catching a fish. Maybe she was thinking of the quarter, too.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Sometimes I forget how old Alex is and then he does something like ask a contestant about fist bump explosions.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
"After England, more Shakespeare plays are set in this present-day country than in any other."

Country other than England England

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

"After England, more Shakespeare plays are set in this present-day country than in any other."

Country other than England England

Worse: His original answer was correct
Even Worse: Pretty sure if he went with the original answer he would have made semifinals with his total

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Whatever happened to Celebrity Jeopardy? I looked forward to it every season and it hasn't been on in years.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

screenwritersblues posted:

Whatever happened to Celebrity Jeopardy? I looked forward to it every season and it hasn't been on in years.

Dunno but the Andy Richter/Wolf Biltzer episode is the perfect capstone of it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Celebrity Jeopardy is awful, except for Richter crushing it

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I hate all the special Jeopardy weeks except ToC.

Manstrocity
Apr 28, 2009
Can somebody confirm that Erin is just Lydia in disguise?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Lydia noooooo :(

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I expected Lydia to be really tiny, but then Erin was there, looking shorter than Danny DeVito.

I kept laughing at Lydia's wince after every answer she wasn't 100% sure about. Which was almost all of them.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I GOT THE loving CALL

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

mennoknight posted:

I GOT THE loving CALL

Congrats! I hope they didn't tell you to keep it off the Internet or anything...

edit: hello fellow Jboard poster!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

mennoknight posted:

I GOT THE loving CALL

Congrats! Don't fall victim to the Goon Jeopardy Curse!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

zakharov posted:

Congrats! I hope they didn't tell you to keep it off the Internet or anything...

edit: hello fellow Jboard poster!

The instructions were 'post but turn down interviews or connect from other contestants'

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Nice work!!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

mennoknight posted:

I GOT THE loving CALL

Dope.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

mennoknight posted:

I GOT THE loving CALL

Huh, 2 days from the one year anniversary of my call...

Good luck dude.

apathetic JAP
Dec 28, 2011

it tastes like pink.

mennoknight posted:

I GOT THE loving CALL

That's so exciting! Congratulations! :homebrew:

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

mennoknight posted:

I GOT THE loving CALL

Kick some rear end in the form of a question!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Saturday Night Live did a Celebrity Jeopardy sketch for their 40th Anniversary Special that turned out pretty well, in my opinion.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Very surprised to see Alex botch that Selena clue. Has anyone ever seen him screw up like that before?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Thank god Andy the Mustache Man is gone.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

zakharov posted:

I was getting Dahmer vibes off him. He creeped me out.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

zakharov posted:

FrumpleOrz posted:

Yeah, the dude seemed pretty uncomfortable. He only won a little more than the second place consolation prize once you take into account what he pulled in today as well.

Also, I can't believe I missed yesterday's Final, especially since the first cour (read: half-season) of the Fate/stay Night Unlimited Blade Works anime series aired during the Fall season last year, and I followed it heavily. Medea summoned as the Servant Caster is heavily featured in that part of the series that aired, so I dunno why I didn't think of her at all. My mind went immediately to Circe instead...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 18, 2015

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
They really have anime questions for final?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Perfidus posted:

They really have anime questions for final?

Nah, it was a Mythology question, it just so happened that there was an anime airing last season that had a lot of mythological figures in it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Very surprised to see Alex botch that Selena clue. Has anyone ever seen him screw up like that before?

I think yesterday he said Josh Whedon instead of Joss

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

zVxTeflon posted:

Yeah, that definitely happened and I was very confused.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Something tells me Trebek isn't a Buffy fan. I guess he just assumed there was a typo.

I've seen similar stuff before in recent years. He's getting old. It's a shame since she obviously knew the answer anyway, but at least it didn't affect the outcome.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

zVxTeflon posted:

I remember that as well. He said it correctly first, then changed it to the incorrect pronunciation. Seems like Alex was off his game when they taped this episode.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

FrumpleOrz posted:

He looked like Jimmy Fallon in disguise to me.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That's the best kind of FJ, where no one will actually know it but it's right there in plain sight if you find the first link of the chain.

I was surprised the champ did so poorly, I was pretty impressed with her yesterday and thought she'd make a run. Though I think this was a really easy game, which should favor buzzer skills over knowledge.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

That woman's velociraptor impression was the hardest I've cringed at a contestant interview in a long time.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

That woman's velociraptor impression was the hardest I've cringed at a contestant interview in a long time.

I didn't see this but today's cosplay discussion was pretty cringe-inducing.

Edit: ugh, Sam was the worst today. He said 'what is' before categories and DJ wagers like five times.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 20, 2015

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Oh god I just got to the cosplay bit on the DVR. Fuuuuuuck.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I thought for sure his story was headed towards a fur suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, that was pretty painful.

Still, Walter White and Ron Swanson aren't who I'd immediately think of when someone mentions doing cosplay. And Alex pronounced the term wrong as well.