Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think my two favorite moments (among a ton of great ones) were Hammond shooting people out of cannons, and wailing "THE A-TEAM HAD ONE OF THEEEEEESE" as he got destroyed in the drag race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
I didn't know that Chevy conversion vans like that were even available in Europe, let alone that anyone actually bought any.

Edit: I don't even care that the brakes on fire stuff was staged, I cracked up every time.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Nooo, that poor 944... :( I think that is the 3rd 944 they have killed so far.

Fun episode though.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Here's a bunch of better GIFs of Hammond's patient dismount system.

http://imgur.com/a/3aNon

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

The medical doll projectile vomiting all over Richard like from Team America had me in stitches and I missed the next bit.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
I like that they've now got Chilean flag mugs during the news!

E: also loving the name of the challenge, "the challenge to make an ambulance that's faster than existing ambulances challenge" on the scoreboard

Rude Dude With Tude fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 10, 2015

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

As someone who works in market research, this sort of stuff isn't that unusual. I agree that out of context it looks and sounds ridiculous, but you don't hear about the times it does get results. I'd guess their methodology failed in other areas as well.

Back on topic, this week's has to surely be one of the funniest they've ever done? I was dying with laughter almost the entire time

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

I like that they've now got Chilean flag mugs during the news!

E: also loving the name of the challenge, "the challenge to make an ambulance that's faster than existing ambulances challenge" on the scoreboard

Keeping with the tradition of long and obvious challenge names and low-budget chart making that we expect from them!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The thought of scared people huddled in their tank-cars expecting every stranger to kill and rape them sounds absurd, but makes way too much sense when you think about the cars people drive in America.

Then I think about all the other things people here do and say, and I suddenly realize why there are so many paranoid bigots.

Then I get pissed off and want to ram people of the road and beat them to death with the spoiled brats they call children.

So in a roundabout way, they're right!

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

KillHour posted:

The thought of scared people huddled in their tank-cars expecting every stranger to kill and rape them sounds absurd, but makes way too much sense when you think about the cars people drive in America.

Then I think about all the other things people here do and say, and I suddenly realize why there are so many paranoid bigots.

Then I get pissed off and want to ram people of the road and beat them to death with the spoiled brats they call children.

I liked how Jeremy didn't know how to fist bump.

Also using liftoff oversteer in the penultimate corner is REALLY ballsy.

...did we watch the same episode?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

KillHour posted:

Are you drunk? What time is it in Britain?

Genix
Apr 11, 2008
Anyone notice if they still have the Cool Wall in the studio? As it has to be at least a few seasons since it last made an appearance.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RICLEU7kK3Y

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tricky Ed posted:

He played that so perfectly. He really is a master at what he does.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Tricky Ed posted:

Also using liftoff oversteer in the penultimate corner is REALLY ballsy.

...did we watch the same episode?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the pt cruiser focus groups mentioned previously in the thread.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Speaking of terrible taste, terrible cars and terrible rear visibility, I saw a newest beetle today and a: liked it, b: wondered how it would look and how much if any visibility you'd lose if you vinyled the rear window to look like an oval window of old.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

webmeister posted:

As someone who works in market research, this sort of stuff isn't that unusual. I agree that out of context it looks and sounds ridiculous, but you don't hear about the times it does get results. I'd guess their methodology failed in other areas as well.

Back on topic, this week's has to surely be one of the funniest they've ever done? I was dying with laughter almost the entire time

I laughed more about the liberal party spill.
I guess I'm old and jaded, or been watching too many episodes too many times and they're just getting 'old'.
When SIARPC is the highlight I don't know what to think.

Genix posted:

Anyone notice if they still have the Cool Wall in the studio? As it has to be at least a few seasons since it last made an appearance.

Don't remember seeing it for a while, but I know the original one got burnt when they had the studio fire a long long time ago. They may have done a half arsed cool wall with the burnt bits for a few episodes or the following series after that

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 10, 2015

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fo3 posted:

Don't remember seeing it for a while, but I know the original one got burnt when they had the studio fire a long long time ago. They may have done a half arsed cool wall with the burnt bits for a few episodes or the following series after that
5th Gear :argh:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Jesus that SIARPC lap. That's got to be close to what's physically possible in that car.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Presto posted:

Jesus that SIARPC lap. That's got to be close to what's physically possible in that car.

Its hard to hear cause the audience is clapping but in the segway between it and the rest of the ambulance bit, you can hear May mention before that lap he did 3 laps exactly at the same pace/time.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I really hope the new Redbull car is up to snuff, Riccardo is a proper driver - amazing the way he controlled that little shitbox.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Preoptopus posted:

Its hard to hear cause the audience is clapping but in the segway between it and the rest of the ambulance bit, you can hear May mention before that lap he did 3 laps exactly at the same pace/time.

It must have been hard to hear, because that was Hammond.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Presto posted:

That lift-off oversteer into the penultimate corner was a thing of beauty.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

KozmoNaut posted:

That lift-off oversteer into the penultimate corner was a thing of beauty.

Quoted for fuckin' truth. That was absolutely amazing to watch.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I like Riccardo, F1 last season was awful except for the three races he won. To be fair that was more due to the fact that the Mercedes poo poo themselves in those races which allowed for some competitive racing.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Genix posted:

I'm almost certain I saw a glimpse of it at one point this week, but I don't have a screenshot on hand

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
It's still there. You could see the 'ZERO' part of SUB-ZERO behind Hammond and May in the news segment.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Oh boy, sassy round around the airfield...

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
That's a SIARPC segment I can skip.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Fo3 posted:

That's a SIARPC segment I can skip.

What is wrong with you.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Many, many things, but that's beside the point.
SIARPC is often boring anyway, and no one is going to top are Dan of course.

Let me think of some good ones. jay-kay was alright because of his car history and the little fella tried so hard. Ellen MacArthur was because it came out of nowhere, same for Kevin McCloud. Maybe old Brian Johnson. James Blunt was funny too, also Helen Mirin and Philip Glenister. Besides all them, every other one sucked going by my memory and quick name check.
The rest have been boring except for F1 drivers (to watch their own egos being crushed)

e: K-naut is going to post "what about Bill Bailey" I expect...
Sucked.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 12, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Fo3 posted:

Many, many things, but that's beside the point.
SIARPC is often boring anyway, and no one is going to top are Dan of course.

Let me think of some good ones. jay-kay was alright because of his car history and the little fella tried so hard. Ellen MacArthur was because it came out of nowhere, same for Kevin McCloud. Maybe old Brian Johnson. James Blunt was funny too, also Helen Mirin and Philip Glenister. Besides all them, every other one sucked going by my memory and quick name check.
The rest have been boring except for F1 drivers (to watch their own egos being crushed)

e: K-naut is going to post "what about Bill Bailey" I expect...
Sucked.

I liked Mark Wahlberg because of his reaction to the V8 milkshake and his story about stealing the same car 4 times.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

He's taller than I thought.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fo3 posted:

"what about Bill Bailey"

But Angelina Jolie was ok.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

The movie-promotion American SIARPC are almost always terrible. At the best of times movie stars hate being interviewed, and when it comes to Top Gear it forces them to gently caress around in a lovely car that they probably can't drive well because Americans can't drive manual, and they have to feign some interest in their previous car history that apart from a couple of examples (eg Marky Mark) they probably couldn't give the slightest of a poo poo about. Tom Cruise was also alright but he is just a bullshitting machine and can make the most disastrous interview into something entertaining.

I guess that Top Gear gets stuck with them when the BBC has an interview already scheduled with another show that needs moved at the last minute. It was certainly what happened to Top Gear after the Jonathan Ross fiasco.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

twoot posted:

Tom Cruise was also alright but he is just a bullshitting machine and can make the most disastrous interview into something entertaining.

I thought Cruise was great because he's so charismatic and he drove the piss out of that poor car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexo0eI3eE4&t=126s

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Amy Macdonald is a favorite of mine.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

She'll always be a favorite, and not just for her Top Gear interview :swoon:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
They should get Norm Macdonald for SIARPC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Norm Macdonald as Burt Reynolds la My Name is Earl.