Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

kalstrams posted:

smart rural russians. pick two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCnDAPCQqiA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i have this in my youtube favourites :laugh:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

klafbang posted:

Sure, strong leader. Perhaps even a bit of propaganda. But why would people still vote for him outside when they can see the rick folks getting richer and themselves getting poorer? Maybe a wish to someday themselves get to the Capital and live like kings? Very poor kings. Moscow is still only around 8% of the population…

there is an old saying, "the tsar is good, it is the boyars (advisors) who are bad", people can't put two and two together and draw the line between a corrupt system and the person with unlimited power at the head of it

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/05/vladimir-putin-aspergers-syndrome-pentagon-studies posted:

Connors also compared his movement and psychology to a reptile’s – “they patrol their borders and if an alien enters, lunge reflexively” – and struck a note of pathos and admiration regarding his supposed injuries, writing that “this is a deep, old, profound loss that the has learned to cope with magnificently”.

Pycckuu fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 8, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

blunt for century posted:

First time he's seen breasts since he quit nursing at 9 years old

"drat, look at the perestroika on that babushka!"

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Say Nothing posted:

have you been reading the thread at all?! you gotta get a devushka's perestroiki before she turns into a babushka!

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

etalian posted:

Because propaganda works and the opposition to Putin is heavily fragmented.
Is there a russian equivalent to how poor americans think they are just temporarily embarrassed millionaires?

Stentorian Hoot
Jun 14, 2001

Couldn't get it up...

katlington posted:

Lol where did you get that? They made everybidy white

My dad gave it to me. He has a lot of Ukrainian stuff, like a portrait of Taras Bulba and what not.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CampingCarl posted:

Is there a russian equivalent to how poor americans think they are just temporarily embarrassed millionaires?

Yeah, russia is a temporarily embarrassed superpower

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

radical larry pictured right

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Russia is the guy in Falling Down. Ukraine served him with papers and the petroleum factory canned his rear end but he's not gonna take any poo poo from nazis or punks.

He'll show her in the end, oh yes.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

So Russia's going to end up with a flare in its mouth and Robert Duvall cursing on camera...

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

JaucheCharly posted:

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress your mother.

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks

I always love rereading this

It makes the reply of "Nuts!" in response Germany's ultimatum by general anthony mcauliffe look like amateur trash

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Node posted:

I always love rereading this

It makes the reply of "Nuts!" in response Germany's ultimatum by general anthony mcauliffe look like amateur trash

For one word replies like that you can't beat ancient Sparta owning the poo poo out of Philip II:

Philip II: "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta"
Sparta: "If"

:iceburn:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

....and then we served the Samogon.

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0KciXneFk

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Business Gorillas posted:

its actually a thing from warhammer 40,000
Only in the sense that the warhammertards stole it from Michael Moorcock. He came up with it in the 60s.

edit - beaten

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

da. but of course!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

radical larry pictured right

Just vibrated through that wall.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Haruharuharuko posted:

Comrade refuses to roll down window I must make him understand the error of his ways.

this guy's a badass

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

klafbang posted:

I was told that just 10 years ago, that part of town (near the Семёновская metro station), was gun city where you wouldn't go when dark, yet when I was there it felt completely safe. It did have weird things such as old women selling ice cream on the street in a decidedly non-touristy part of town in the middle of February, which I found a bit odd what with the meters of snow decorating the gardens.

Ice cream and flower kiosks open 24 hours are one of the most important features of Moscow. That part of the city isn't the greatest area, but anywhere is going to be better than it was in the 90s.

klafbang posted:

Sure, strong leader. Perhaps even a bit of propaganda. But why would people still vote for him outside when they can see the rick folks getting richer and themselves getting poorer?

There's not much in the way of a viable opposition, the media is largely state-controlled, and the elections are rigged anyway.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

annapacketstormaya posted:

There's not much in the way of a viable opposition, the media is largely state-controlled, and the elections are rigged anyway.

Also anyone who tries to rock the boat gets subjected to soviet style punitive measures such as going after your friends and family.

Putin basically combined soviet style punitive measures with a western style media spin machine.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Russians love to squat.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Russians love to squat.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

I love this

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hahahaha omg :psyduck:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfzoLUtKspg

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
russians just love to throw themselves off buildings

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Zzulu posted:

russians just love to throw themselves off buildings

It's just something to do, and there's a chance of not being in Russia anymore afterwards as well

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

what was the point of that

is he dead

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

is he dead
why not

no

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Say Nothing posted:

That's obviously a devotchka with some real horrorshow groodies you dim veck.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Phlegmish posted:

is he dead

Man feel sad. He want to die. He decide to set pants on fire and jump off~10-story building would be best way to die. He set himself on fire and jump, ready to embrace death like old friend.

Snow cushions fall and man survives with broken neck. Man cannot control arms or legs and so cannot try to kill himself again. He still sad. Such is life.

umm MODS?! can you do something about this pedo??? such people are a stain on our glorious culture and traditions.

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 10, 2015

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I didn't know you could flip yourself around in midair halfway like that.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Bhodi posted:

I didn't know you could flip yourself around in midair halfway like that.

Apparently you can.

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhwhkwE1nws :nws:

Puttin some fish on the table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8tRc3_l2vM

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

I think the guy says пиздец (pizdets) at the end which means hosed.

• Locked thread