Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

In non-dick related news, I think either Orton or Sheamus is going to screw Bryan out of his win at Fastlane. Orton makes sense to get revenge for WM last year, and Sheamus makes sense since he was supposedly Bryan's original plan last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Up until recently I thought that they might still pull the "Brie is going along with it until she can steal the title out from under Nikki" thing but for every feud Nikki's had so far they've had Brie eat a bunch of pins in the matches leading up to the pay-per-view so if that was actually the case that would be really terrible and dumb

So I'm still not ruling it out

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
1. Mercury and Noble must realize by now they're going to wrestle a few times a month. Why don't they get actual ring gear?
2. So does Sting have music for his entrance, or is he going to come out at WrestleMania to wing flapping and crow squawks?
3. Reigns ended up looking pretty lovely last night - he gets wrongly pissed at Bryan for the miscommunication in the first match, and gets quickly KO'd by Big Show in the second, before doing the heelish pin steal. He also should have had tons of protection, but it was painfully clear he only has a few moves.
4. Overall, Raw wasn't bad, but I had the luxury of starting at 9:30, and fast fowarding through most of it.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Red posted:

1. Mercury and Noble must realize by now they're going to wrestle a few times a month. Why don't they get actual ring gear?

Stooges don't get ring gear.

I hope Paul Heyman does a live Network interview about Seth Rollins's weiner.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I was waiting for that and honestly shocked it didn't show up sooner.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Sting makes more NIN videos of wrestlers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The live audience is so weird these days. Audiences are mostly behind Bryan, but then boo him sometimes. The crowd mostly boos Roman, but also cheers him sometimes. Generally people are just quiet though.

I really hope the Road to Wrestlemania gets good after Fastlane, because this is the worst build in a while so far.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Orgophlax posted:

In non-dick related news, I think either Orton or Sheamus is going to screw Bryan out of his win at Fastlane. Orton makes sense to get revenge for WM last year, and Sheamus makes sense since he was supposedly Bryan's original plan last year.

Orton will probably go against Seth.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

triplexpac posted:

The live audience is so weird these days. Audiences are mostly behind Bryan, but then boo him sometimes. The crowd mostly boos Roman, but also cheers him sometimes. Generally people are just quiet though.

I really hope the Road to Wrestlemania gets good after Fastlane, because this is the worst build in a while so far.

They showed a lot of crowd shots last night where like a third of people attending are cheering and moving, and the other 2/3rds are just standing there doing nothing.

Why go to a wrestling show if you're not going to ... do something?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Strawberry Panda posted:

Orton will probably go against Seth.

My gut tells me Ryback, Ziggler, and Rowan vs Rollins, Kane, and Big Show either at Fastlane (where Orton can cost Rollins the match to setup a Mania match), or the six-man at Mania itself.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Red posted:

They showed a lot of crowd shots last night where like a third of people attending are cheering and moving, and the other 2/3rds are just standing there doing nothing.

Why go to a wrestling show if you're not going to ... do something?

Have you been to a live Raw show?

It's hard to keep your energy up all night, when so much of it is filler and lame.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So now Seth Rollins can't be in the hall of fame, right?

Jazz Hoyt
Nov 25, 2007

triplexpac posted:

It's hard to keep your energy up all night, when so much of it is filler and lame.

Yes. Not to mention you're expected to respond to characters that WWE itself doesn't know where it's heading with.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The easiest thing to do is wildly cheer and then venomously boo every single act on the show so they can edit out the reaction they don't want.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When Heyman was making GBS threads on Bryan, the crowd really sounded to me like a mix of "YES YES YES" and "NO NO NO" chants simultaneously. It was weird and I'm not sure if I was just mishearing or something.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meanwhile at the Performance Center Mark Carano is laying down the law:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I get that, but the YES chant should be automatic.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If the tattoo chick is only ever going to be a valet, they should bring her up to the main roster with Seth now :unsmigghh:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

When Heyman was making GBS threads on Bryan, the crowd really sounded to me like a mix of "YES YES YES" and "NO NO NO" chants simultaneously. It was weird and I'm not sure if I was just mishearing or something.

It was the mic level in the crowd and that one black dude who hated Bryan

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Endless Mike posted:

I only started watching again at the Rumble but it's pretty clear that Bryan isn't actually as over with regular fans as people here pretend.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

DannoMack posted:

I only started watching again at the Rumble but it's pretty clear that Bryan isn't actually as over with regular fans as people here pretend.

Wait what?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
There were some sweet charts posted at the end of the last WWE Discussion, go check them out if you haven't seen them

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Raw was really boring at best and total dogshit at worst. The Sting thing would've been cool if it was just crow noises and then the message on the tron. The fake Sting looked like a 90s grunge band reject and Triple H way oversold it. Reigns tweening is an interesting direction though. Hopefully they just go all in and make him a heel because the markier crowds are apparently too dumb to understand a face vs face feud and are confused about who to cheer for.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

DannoMack posted:

lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DannoMack posted:

I accuse you of lying and/or idiocy.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Rollins dick united us, wrestling itself divides us.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

heh heh. Knob.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Make his finisher the small package

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

bradzilla posted:

Raw was really boring at best and total dogshit at worst. The Sting thing would've been cool if it was just crow noises and then the message on the tron. The fake Sting looked like a 90s grunge band reject and Triple H way oversold it. Reigns tweening is an interesting direction though. Hopefully they just go all in and make him a heel because the markier crowds are apparently too dumb to understand a face vs face feud and are confused about who to cheer for.

I take it you don't remember the fact that fake Stings were never good and that last night was just keeping up continuity.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I take it you don't remember the fact that fake Stings were never good and that last night was just keeping up continuity.

The word fake is entirely superfluous to that post.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

non-fake fake Sting was pretty great though

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The mainstream media has picked up the Seth story, but at the moment they only have the leaking of the developmental lass pics. The Times, Guardian, Independent and all the tabloids in the UK have got a story on their sites.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Retromancer posted:

So now Seth Rollins can't be in the hall of fame, right?

I was thinking the other day I know Trips reasoning about Chyna not being in the HOF is bull, but if you want to follow that logic why is convicted rapist Mike Tyson in the hall of fame.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

I was thinking the other day I know Trips reasoning about Chyna not being in the HOF is bull, but if you want to follow that logic why is convicted rapist Mike Tyson in the hall of fame.

His mystery solving skills redeemed him

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Endless Mike posted:

While Heyman did put DB down, I liked that he brought up his heart and wrestling knowledge to give that little nudge like "yeah, this dude isn't the biggest or strongest, but he'll still find a way to gently caress your poo poo up and isn't to be taken lightly". At least that's what I got from it, and if anyone can put DB over as a somewhat credible threat to Brock, it's definitely Heyman. Tie that in with him being on fire since his return and never being beat for the WWE title, and there's a believable uncertainty about whether DB could beat Brock for the belt.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

non-fake fake Sting was pretty great though

I will never get tired of that gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
If they are set on having a Wyatt/Ziggler match at the ppv, why have they now given that match away twice in a row?

• Locked thread